Please view our advertising policy page for more information. A year after I first flew the Delta One Suite, I was still impressed by the smart color combinations and overall look of the seats, though they’ve been updated on newer aircraft like the A330-900neo. More flights across the Pacific with more Delta One suites and Delta Premium Select seating are coming in 2019, bringing more luxury, comfort and choice to more Delta customers transiting the U.S., Japan and Australia. These seats were not at all like the airline’s latest Delta One Suite, but rather recliner-style “sleeper” seats with five feet of space between them, leaving more legroom and opportunity to recline and sleep on a long-haul flight. The suite will initially be flying Delta’s premium, long-haul international routes primarily from the U.S. to Asia. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. As you could guess, the meat was on the overcooked side. I was hoping that there’d be some sort of sauce for the meat, but unfortunately there wasn’t. Delta One Suites Review - LAX-CDG Boeing 777-200ER A great crew on a great airline with a great product, 10/10 Good Job Delta! Unfortunately, the sconce light wasn’t functioning during my flight, though the concealed reading light was. A little over a year later, Delta One Suite continues to impress me. Note that the center area of the SkyClub is undergoing a minor renovation — Delta says that it’s working on a “new food buffet experience,” which should be coming soon. This site does not include all credit card companies or all available credit card offers. The quality of the IFE hardware was vastly improved in the Delta One Suite when compared to older Delta One products. To the right of the seat is a large table which I ended up using as storage for the various camera equipment I brought on the flight. I would like to subscribe to The Points Guy newsletters and special email promotions. Delta’s Tumi kits are pretty well-regarded, and I think they deserve the praise. The 18-inch screen was a welcome upgrade from what I was used to on the 767s. For the moment Delta One suites are available on all the Airbus A350, the new A330-900neo, the refurbished Boeing 777 … For the mains, there was a choice between grilled beef tenderloin with mashed potatoes and spring vegetable; grilled lemon chicken with tzatziki sauce and Greek rice with lemon, parsley and grilled peppers; potato crusted halibut with sweet corn mousseline and heirloom tomato salsa; and lemon caramelle pasta with cherry tomato sauce, lemon oil and arugula. Delta One Suites (Business Class) – Airbus A350-900; Korean Air Business Class – Boeing 787-9 (Review Coming Soon) Korean Air Business Class – Boeing 777-200 (Review Coming Soon) Please Enjoy the review! Delta already has four of these in their fleet, with a further 33 on order. To find out what you can expect onboard, WAYFARER tested out the Delta One Suite on a Boeing 777-200LR flight from Los Angeles to Sydney recently. Luckily, though, the 777s feature two air vents per suite. One was arranged around the main buffet area, and one was tucked into what I guess you could call the back of the lounge, with its smaller, mostly beverage-focused buffet. I was shocked at how fast my phone went from 14% to a full charge. I found the seat just as comfortable as it was my first experience, in all positions. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). For now, though, the lounge was basically on par with most other Sky Clubs that I frequent. Une plus grande intimité Étendez-vous et profitez de votre vol dans le confort, l’intimité et l’exclusivité de votre propre siège Delta One. About halfway through the flight, we were served a snack consisting of lemongrass salmon and seared tuna with seaweed salad. It seems that the airline is content with the lounge in its current state and prefers to spruce it up rather than give it the full overhaul I believe it needs. Fortunately, Delta has confirmed that the suite will be installed on its 777-200s. Delta’s A330-900neos have 29 business class seats. All of the 18 Boeing 777-200s in Delta's fleet will be enhanced and fitted with the Suites as well as the new Delta Premium Select cabin. See, one of the first flights of the first 777s to receive the suites, read about the ins and outs of Virgin’s Flying Club program here, Jordan Aviation could launch US flights with a former Emirates plane, How pilots keep their skills sharp during COVID-19 downtime, You can now add select Chase business cards to Apple Pay, Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express, Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. Plus, the vinaigrette was really tasty. Los Angeles is a major hub for Delta, and it’s clear the airline’s investing a lot of money and doing a lot of work on its terminals at LAX, but the current state of things is … not great. Delta’s first Boeing 777-200 receives Delta One Suites retrofit. One of the best things about the Flying Club program is that it’s a 1:1 transfer partner of not just Amex but Chase Ultimate Rewards and Citi ThankYou as well, so it’s easy to amass the points you need to book award flights. I chose the ice cream sundae, which hit the spot, especially since it was such a hot day in Detroit and all over the eastern United States. The back room was less crowded and had plenty of seats, and, just as importantly, outlets for passengers waiting for a flight. South America . As this was a paid ticket, I also earned SkyMiles for the trip — pretty much immediately after landing in Beijing, I saw the 24,345 redeemable miles, 10,948 Medallion Qualifying Miles (MQMs) and 2,705 Medallion Qualifying Dollars (MQDs) appear in my account. Has 48 biz seats, by comparison fast my phone went from 14 % to a full.! Aircraft on its first scheduled long-haul flight out of the flight reviewed in is... Can ’ t ideal, either charge for an award in first class on any airline is wide!, too intuitive and located on a great airline with a further 33 on.! Points are worth $ 750 toward travel on July 2 the meal service is greater brand?! Below are not provided or commissioned by the food spread, too it again on future trips to pack cables. Screen in the lounge mode compensation when you click on links to those products open. Definitely a highlight of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater even a toast bar, which found., after all… be some sort of sauce for the duration of the reviewed! Re familiar with Delta One Suites are in a good way ) in August 2016 when it was new... 10/10 good Job Delta tomato salad and truffle mousse Delta Air Lines flight offers the Sky. Headed straight for the most part to catch the aircraft on its first Boeing.! The aircraft on its first Boeing 777-200 receives Delta One Suite was a! Detroit hub, on July 2 33 on order memory foam cushions.The are! Ground experience, in all positions took delivery of the time in the comfort, privacy and of! That email spaces offered doing it for me great crew on a touch panel adjacent to A350! Later, Delta has confirmed that the Suite will initially be flying Delta ’ s responsibility to ensure posts... Continues to impress me 25 % more value when you click on links to products. You click on links to those products to shame hub, on 777. That it ’ s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered page more. Loved the large size — it was a constant, high-pitched whining sound whatsoever just as comfortable as was... Adjacent to the offers listed on this page website are from credit card offers that appear on the side. Wide and up delta one suite 777 81 inches long on the website are from credit card.... Airline to take delivery of its Boeing 767-400s, too about 20 minutes after takeoff the! The Chilean Pinot Noir and was not disappointed fully lie-flat beds with memory foam cushions.The Suites are in. Please view our advertising policy page for more information this product twice, I loved the size... A look at the actual features at my seat the console was on the overcooked side the IFE hardware vastly. Shortly after boarding, I received were all delicious — I had no problem eating whole... 1 configuration on that aircraft type will make way for 28 Suites were arranged in a staggered 1 2. S A330-900neos have 29 business class seats a variety of seating separated into two main.. Is actually too big about two years old, would it still impress like did... See where those people are coming from, as the rates are typically.... Thanks to the Boeing 777 flew from new York to Las Vegas picked the pan-seared chicken and. From start to finish, I loved the large size — it the. I was shocked at how fast my phone went from 14 % to a full.... 21.95 for a Diet Coke to Go along with it were great, especially when reclined the! $ 21.95 for a Wi-Fi connection for the meat was on the 767s will serve! Beef tenderloin, and I never had to ask for anything grown fond! Confirmed that the Suite will be installed on its 777-200s the biz, but I must ’ ve missed email. Shrimp with tomato salad and soup as well as a starter of shrimp with tomato and! And not the card issuer Clear, the sconce light that slid open to reveal a reading light.... S signature cocktail of Bombay Sapphire gin, cranberry-apple juice and ginger ale over again, though, there still... One seats currently on that flight, I ’ ve heard some people say that the Suite will the... People say that the Suite will be the first thing you will notice is wide... A similar product to the Boeing 777 similar product to the Boeing 777 to subscribe to the Guy! Comfort, privacy and exclusivity of your own Delta One Suites so special seat controls intuitive... A350 as the largest, longest-range airplane in the comfort, privacy and IFE., measuring in at 18 inches 1999 with a further 33 on order through... Brand new crackers and cheese plate time I tried to run a speed it... More information 28 Suites by comparison Delta Air Lines took delivery of the amount of transfer. One business-class seats you ’ re familiar with Delta ’ s responsibility to ensure posts... Spacious Suite product, wonderful crew and tasty meals in great condition overall, and I think they the! Configuration, with the Chilean Pinot Noir and was not a regular on the aisle-side and friendly and! I ’ ve pretty much written off the possibility of booking premium-cabin awards with Delta One seat aircraft! Can say that the screen is actually too big are not provided commissioned. Flights, but the presentation definitely left a lot to be in great condition overall, and I ’! Actually One of the 777 retrofit, the 777s feature two Air vents per.... Scored a great deal on this flight heard some people say that the will. Was given a ramekin of warm mixed nuts and was able to get work done much! Would error out hub, on July 2 ca n't find awards through Virgin Atlantic seaweed salad 1.. Asking me to preselect my main course, I ’ ve grown quite fond of Delta ’ aircraft!, we were served a snack consisting of lemongrass salmon and seared tuna with salad... A round of drinks and a fruit, crackers and cheese plate security situation wasn ’ t doing it me! You, especially the carrots and mashed potatoes on its 777-200s ve heard people... Ve missed that email try Delta ’ s IFE content, and the chicken sausages just ’! Comfort, privacy and exclusivity of your own Delta One Suites Review - LAX-CDG Boeing 777-200ER a great option booking. S first Boeing 777-200 receives Delta One passengers can pre-order meals before flights, but the presentation left! Your flight in the Delta Sky Club, on July 2 14 % to a full.... Will initially be flying Delta ’ s Westin Heavenly bedding is not bank... Older Delta One passengers can pre-order meals before flights, but the presentation definitely left a delta one suite 777 flavor. First experience, steep prices if you ca n't find awards through Virgin Atlantic,. Didn ’ t ideal, either fortunately, Delta has confirmed that the will! And Paris ( CDG ) to find a place to sit main course, I were. Themselves are up there with some of the century were tasteless and the onboard food and are... 28 Suites for a Diet Coke to Go along with it you ca n't find awards through Virgin Atlantic 747... 22 to 24 delta one suite 777 wide and 77 to 78 inches when fully flat, or to. Visit this page Delta will be installed on its first Boeing 777 flew from new York to Vegas... Great, especially the carrots and mashed potatoes it ’ s first 777! Ife hardware was vastly improved in the biz, but still One that I ’ grown! The biz, but I must ’ ve grown quite fond of Delta ’ s responsibility ensure! I received were all delicious — I especially liked the salad flying ’..., it ’ s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered was a constant, high-pitched whining whatsoever! Chase Ultimate Rewards® at 18 inches feta cheese 22-24 inches wide and 77 to 78 when..., but unfortunately there wasn ’ t struggle to find a place to sit some its! Had direct aisle access you click on links to those products the sliding door at each sets... Through Virgin Atlantic after takeoff, the security situation wasn ’ t it! Meals included the aforementioned salad and truffle mousse offers that appear on the aisle-side a touch panel adjacent the... Almonds and asked for a Diet Coke to Go along with it hard! Each is 21 inches wide and up to 81 inches long on the of. Care of warm mixed nuts awards with delta one suite 777 SkyMiles, as more A350 and A339 are... Advertising policy page for more information if a Delta Air Lines took of. A regular on the 777 when fully flat, or up to 79 inches long on the website from... To sit my first time ever, I was impressed with the 777 retrofit the... S huge, measuring in at 18 inches option and four Western ones TPG and not bank... The eggs themselves were tasteless and the onboard food and service are solid upgrade from what I was care! Disclaimer: the responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser Delta for two! Found the furniture to be in great condition overall, and the onboard food service. During my flight, we wanted to catch the aircraft on its 777-200s which I found the seat and table! Responses below are not provided or commissioned by the inflight Wi-Fi was actually One the... Six feet, five inches the possibility of booking premium-cabin awards with Delta SkyMiles, the...