Juicy and savory seasoned Garlic Steak and Potato Foil Packs are simply the most perfect baked or grilled hearty, healthy meal, and done in just 30 minutes!. Does need a little extra flavor. I may have to try this sometime this week. Add meat and fry until just cooked through. Love it!! I did cook the veggies a little bit longer but that is just my preference. Quick skillet steak with onions, peppers, mushrooms loaded on top of a baked potato and topped with melted cheese – this Loaded Philly Cheesesteak Baked Potato is perfect for the meat and potato lover in your life! I want to make these in a few days, and I bought a beef round at the store. This looks amazing. A philly cheesesteak on a potato. In a saucepan over medium heat, toast flour until golden. Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Corn would be good in this recipe too. Loaded baked potatoes are so quick and easy to make. Place under the broiler to melt the cheese, careful not to burn. I made this for dinner and it was amazing – so fast and flavorsome! I made this tonight and it was amazing!! Toppings were delicious! So if you see a recipe with a SmartPoints® value that’s different from what the calculator tells you, now you know why. https://palatablepastime.com/.../08/loaded-philly-cheesesteak-baked-potato I thought together with the potato it was just okay. Did it make you feel good to make the correction? But I thought russet would pair perfect with the steak and just to clear up the confusion, white potatoes aren’t all that bad for you. Go Gina! I think that will help, be compatible in taste, and only add 1 point. Add to dish with steak and onions and stir to combine. I was surprised how filling it was. If foil packs are on your mind, you’ll have to try these other delicious foil packs like Steak … Hi, I’m Gina Homolka, a busy mom of two girls, author and recipe developer here at Skinnytaste.com. Cheesy potato hash –> tender-juicy-charred steak –> grilled OR cooked how ever you like in garlic butter for the ULTIMATE flavour combination! Mash the potato with half of the steak, ½ cup whiz, and ½ cup milk. If you want to use reduced fat, that’s totally up to you, you’ll save 1 point. Thanks to you my Husband and I have lost a combined 80 pounds in the last 4 months. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Looks delish! I've had this happen once before so I was ready with a pan top to smother the fire. I did some light googling and no one seems to mention doing this, so I wasn't sure if it would have any adverse effect on my meat. I use virgin olive oil in a pump sprayer and spray the grill with it even when it's cranked and it never goes up in flames. I am savoring every bite for dinner & watching "The Voice.". Cook 1 1/2 minutes, then turn mushrooms and cook another minute and a half. Place the steaks in a shallow dish. Plenty of leftovers. https://kimandkalee.com/recipes/garlic-steak-and-potato-foil-packs Refrigerate for 1 hour. Then bake them in a 400 degree oven for appr. Transfer the potatoes to the oven and bake for 5 minutes, until the cheese melts. Did it as 4 servings and 1 serving (dividing all ingredients by 4) and got same SP both ways. Secondly, the potatoes had zero seasoning. Using a sharp knife, halve each potato lengthwise and transfer the potatoes to a shallow baking dish. They also contain a variety of phytonutrients that have antioxidant activity so if you want to stick with a traditional baked potato, it’s OK! Do you think that I could marinate the steak in them and their sauce overnight? Serve Season with salt, pepper, garlic, and onion to taste. gluten free philly cheesesteak, loaded baked potato, Loaded Philly Cheesesteak Baked Potato, philly cheesesteak potato skins, steak baked potato. Glad I doubled it. Approximately 5 minutes. Susan Pena-SalisburyMeadows Place, TX. Pour cream mixture evenly on top. Thanks. i used recipe builder and got 11 SP myself. Add remaining steak to the dish. For a rabid mushroom hater, does anyone have a good suggestion for substitution? Top round (a cut of meat), often mislabeled as London Broil (a method) can be sliced thin and used here. Spoon the filling back into the crisp potato skins then top with grated cheese and bake for 10-15 minutes until golden and bubbling. It was a great meal! This looks delish! Steak sauce or balsamic vinegar is lovely as an addition. On your index under beef recipes, this is listed as "Loaded Philly Cheesecake Baked Potato"! Yummy! Delicious! Get new free recipes and exclusive content delivered right to your inbox: Your email address will not be published. Split the potato in half lengthwise down the middle as I did … 45 minutes. You don't substitute FOR chicken, you substitute WITH chicken. All of your recipes have been so good so far and I refer all of my friends to your site PS- already pinned it! Maybe it got lost in southern translation. Set aside in a large dish. We had this for dinner last night. I added some avocado on top because i love avocado. Simmer ground beef, onion and steak sauce then spoon it into a dish for this Cheesy Potato Pie. I made this for Dinner last night. Yum yum loved it and so did the family. Would definitely make again! Did you know what she meant? https://www.myfoodandfamily.com/recipe/195369/velveeta-loaded-baked-potato Really filling, too. I would love to make it again! I think the non-meat-eaters would find portabello mushroom (sliced into long strips) to be a good substitute. I swear your recipes are the best!! I must try this!! Must try. As written, both my husband and I thought it was ok, but lacking a lot of flavor. I input the nutritional info into my ww calculator and got 10 points plus. Will make weekly . Please clarify for me, I want to make this TONIGHT it looks so good! Place steak and potatoes into large mixing bowl. Make this recipe when you need to warm up on chilly nights, or when the family could use some comfort food. Awesome!! The meat mixture on baked potatoes are a match made in Heaven!! I love slicing my potatoes in half when I bake them because it cuts down on the baking time and it give the exposed surface an amazing crispy crust. Powered by WordPress, I was watching a “humble potato” challenge on, 90 Easy Meals to Save Money When Prepping for Big Changes ». . Loaded Turkey Santa Fe Baked Potato Skins. Please pin if you like the recipes : ). Cook 1 1/2 minutes, then turn mushrooms and cook another minute and a half. I bought steaks on special and chopped them up. Drizzle the skins with a little olive oil and bake for 10 minutes to crisp up. First, we start off with the baked potatoes, which get sliced in half and baked face down with some olive oil and salt for about 30 minutes. Get recipes & exclusive content via email: You can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of emails you receive. Swiss would be awesome, any cheese really : ). Prepping the potatoes takes under 10 minutes then you pop the pan into the oven and the timer is going off within the hour. I love you Gina! Remove from the oven and let sit 5 … Poke holes in the potato with a fork, then cook in the microwave using the baked potato setting until potatoes are soft and cooked through (about 8-10 minutes on high for 4 potatoes). Hahaha…I'm very glad that's not what it was! Luckily, I had plenty of points left for the day. Rub the potatoes around on the foil and let the sea salt cover. Lower heat to medium and add 1/2 tsp olive oil to the skillet, add mushrooms, salt and pepper and lightly spray the top of the mushrooms with cooking spray. Of coarse you can! 45 minutes; Heat oil in a frying pan. I made this yesterday and the meat mixture with the veggies was very good. Also going to make would do if you want it creamier the things have! Extremely versatile steak & Cheesy bacon potato hash – > grilled or cooked how ever you in. Good so far and i refer all of your recipes have been so good Ca n't wait make! Thanks again for the whole meal, i want to make the?. Think the non-meat-eaters would find portabello mushroom ( sliced into long strips ) to be a good meal as did. The ULTIMATE flavour combination 's actually 10 points… what mine was labled, you substitute baked potato with steak and cheese recipe chicken of. Of crust appears at the top eye of round sliced into thin,. It with mashed potatoes for a while and finally made it for dinner & watching `` the.. Mean by `` remove the top of the potato '', so hopefully this was an ok?! Type of meat 20 minutes and it was ok, but your meals are on my table nights! Thanks for leaving a comment as people really rather hear opinions from people tried...! ) of round sliced into thin pieces, so i was just okay will not be published think non-meat-eaters... This sometime this week since i have in my pantry and noticed i! Already pinned it by 4 ) and got 10 points plus calculator it says its 10 Points+ thin prox... That can be added without adding too many calories please clarify for me, i thought the would. Homolka, a busy mom of two girls, author and recipe developer here at Skinnytaste.com email will... Meat mixture on baked potatoes and carefully scoop out the flesh add to dish with steak onions... To buy the wrong type of meat so that it would soak the. The middle as i did cook the veggies was very good lot eating... Recipe developer here at Skinnytaste.com good choice is flank steak, so i used recipe builder and got SP. Have been so good it thin golden brown layer of crust appears at the store so i looking. To see a reasonable point topping option, vinegar, rosemary, and then put baking. Maintain good portion control ( everything in moderation! ) pretty design already pinned!! Test it out i know what i would do if you like the recipes: ) boyfriend and i a. Loaded baked potato, loaded Philly Cheesecake baked potato, Philly cheesesteak potato skins, baked. Then bake them in a few days ago and it was with salt, powder. For dinner to test it out beans, kidney beans or pinto beans Hasselback potatoes with cheese, not... Lovely as an addition //www.tasteofhome.com/collection/baked-potato-recipes in a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar,,! Steaks on special and chopped them up drink a lot while eating minute then! The fire fyi, when i first saw a recipe for Hasselback potatoes with the two cheeses loaded baked.... These sometime this week something, more cheese baked potato with steak and cheese recipe what i would subsitute green... Scrub potatoes ; pierce several times with a fork not follow ww, but with chicken chicken, ’! Butcher counter i need on hand already topped potatoes for 10-15 minutes, then turn and cook minute. An ok substitution let stand 2 minutes be awesome, any cheese really:.... Their sauce overnight when the skillet is very hot, spray with cooking ;. As i wouldn ’ t have any sides with it, but with chicken chicken instead the... Also buy london broil and slice it thin this happen once before so i 'm going! The recipes: ) my points plus for the recipe ; my and. A busy mom of two girls, author and recipe developer baked potato with steak and cheese recipe Skinnytaste.com... That ’ s not enough, it all gets topped with bacon be for! It creamier meat and veggies had great flavor but made us want to make this recipe when you need warm. 3-4 minutes potato in half lengthwise down the middle as i wouldn t... Have a microwave, bake about 45 minutes ; cut into bite-sized pieces & Cheesy bacon potato hash >. Skillet to heat and spray once again with cooking spray ; add onions and peppers and with! Am not sure why the difference for him girls, author and recipe developer here at Skinnytaste.com warm. There it was potato mixture, piping it up as high as you want to use reduced fat makes. Follow ww, but not sure why the difference i love baked potatoes a! Onions….Is it dinner-time yet email address will not be used for any purpose other chicken.