In the effort to stop the littering of plastic, Tayrona National Park has banned all plastic packs, though we did sneak one in (we are badasses). If you stay on the beach, you can decide between staying in a tent or staying in a hammock. Campground Facilities: Restrooms at some locations Campsite Amenities: None Website: Don Pedro Lake Recreation Area Note: Pets Allowed Fees: $8 per night, $60 for annual permit Thank you , Your email address will not be published. There are two places where you can stay in Cabo San Juan, the watchtower that is jutting into the Caribbean Sea, or on the beach. Though it is not right on the beach, the closest beach can be easily reached within 10 mins of walking. New Don Pedro Dam, often known simply as Don Pedro Dam, is an earthen embankment dam across the Tuolumne River, about 2 miles northeast of La Grange, in Tuolumne County, California. New Don Pedro Dam is situated 1 mile west of Lake Don Pedro - Fleming … Camp Pedro Campground,Hamer, South Carolina. Pedro is presently expanding the campground to add even more ‘extra large’ pull through sites with patio areas for Class A and Class C RVs. Fleming Meadows Campground is located next to Don Pedro Lake and a total of 263 campsites for tents, trailers and RVs. Though there are many places that sell water and a proper meal, they are quite overpriced. The hammocks at the watchtower tend to get sold out quickly, especially during peak season. Sunscreen to avoid looking like a burnt lobster. Campers may choose to cook their own meals over the barbecue grills provided throughout the campground. Don Pedro camping is one of the most popular campsites in Tayrona National Park. I personally stayed at one of the top-rated hostel, The Journey Hostel, and had an amazing time. This includes children. Campers can take advantage of all that South of the Border has to offer as everything is within walking distance from the campground. If you are camping, you should not take more than a small backpack with you. Insect Repellent and Sunscreen – Insect Repellent for the army of insects you will encounter in Tayrona National Park. Castilletes is a very beautiful campground with many amazing amenities including a restaurant, showers and toilets, hammocks, tents, and even Wi-Fi. If you have little ones with you be sure and check out Pedroland Park for rides and putt putt and don't forget Pedro's Reptile Lagoon. Camping Tayrona: Don Pedro camping - good choice - See 170 traveler reviews, 195 candid photos, and great deals for Camping Tayrona at Tripadvisor. Our trademark has always been a value-oriented service ~ we provide a clean, safe & fun environment for travelers of all types to visit on their way to or from the southeast. It is still much cheaper than renting one of their tents (and much cleaner as well). Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Honestly, from what I saw, you are better off staying in Don Pedro, which is a few minutes away from the campsites in Arrecifes. Bathing Suit and Microfiber Towel – Self-Explanatory. Ecohabs, or most commonly miscalled as Ecohuts, are the most luxurious type of accommodations you can get in Tayrona National Park. Cash – There are no ATMs in the park and the restaurants and other vendors only accept cash. Disclaimer: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Our new RV sites are up to 110’ long paved with 6’X12’ patios at each site. Campsite capacity is 8 people per campsite. 7. This guide to camping in Tayrona National park will answer all the questions you have about the different campgrounds in Tayrona National Park! Campsite - A, B, D area Restrooms Restrooms with showers Building Bank Fishing Access Trading Post - Groceries, Ice, Propane, Snack Bar Tra˜c Flow DON PEDRO LAKE FLEMING MEADOWS CAMPGROUND. Watch out for falling coconuts when you are in camping Don Pedro. You can practically find it on almost every single restaurant menu in the country. Visit the Tower Arcade and take a ride up in the elevator to the Sombrero Tower observation deck for a bird's eye view of South of the Border and the surrounding area. The Lake More than 14 million people have visited Don Pedro Lake since 1971. Attraction Web Design by. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Don Pedro Lake is well known as a great fishing and water sports destination. Cabo San Juan campsite also features an on-site restaurant, showers and toilets, snorkeling equipment rental, and boat trips to Taganga (a small beach town). You cannot enter Tayrona National park without your passport. No Plastic Bag is Allowed to Enter the Park. I've used two different bathrooms while camping at Blue Oaks, Lake Don Pedro. There are 18 full-hookup sites and 78 standard sites. These two hotels are situated right next to each other and are the closest hotels to the entrance of Tayrona Park. 7. A temporary Visitor Center is currently available at the same location, and reconstruction efforts are underway. With so many campsites to choose from and so many pros and cons, which one will you choose to be your base for your Tayrona adventure? It’s the largest indoor reptile exhibit in the U.S. Pedro also offers numerous gift shops on the property each with a bit of a different focus. 5. Bring a blanket if you want to stay at the watchtower. Children are people too. EMERGENCY, CALL 911! If this is your first or last day in the park, you might want to consider staying at Castilletes for an easier time leaving and entering the park. However, none of these camping sites are actually on the beach itself, they are the best option if you don’t want to walk far to reach the beach. The California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment has issued a safe advisory for any fish caught in Don Pedro Reservoir due to elevated levels of mercury and PCBs. We are a pet friendly facility. Tayrona National Park is Closed in February! As a result, there are many regulations and rules. However, arranging accommodations in Tayrona National Park can be confusing, especially if you want to camp. Both of these hotels are located in the heart of the forest, meaning that at night there will be a lot of insects. Page is not monitored 24/7. Those who camp at Blue Oaks Campground have a great base from which to explore the lake.. Don Pedro is one of South Africa’s most popular cocktails. Though Ecohabs are not for camping, I would like to include it in this guide to outline all the options there are. 6. Don Pedro campsite features an on-site restaurant (with hour restrictions), showers (with hours restrictions), bathrooms, a basic kitchen, tents, and hammocks. The park is closed every February. Make sure you reserve them in advance. Find information about Don Pedro Lake here! Ecohotel Yachay Tayrona or Hotel Jasayma Tayrona, Due to the agreements with the indigenous tribes that still live inside Tayrona National Park. Most sites have shade from large oak trees. Camping Tayrona: Don Pedro camping - good choice - See 170 traveller reviews, 195 candid photos, and great deals for Tayrona National Park, Colombia, at Tripadvisor. Located about an hour from the shuttle drop off point, Don Pedro is a convenient campsite for travelers that want to explore a little deeper inside Tayrona National Park but still want to be close to the exit. Take IH 37 South (also Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps. Don Pedro Lake Camping, Boating and Fishing, La Grange, California. On my blog, you will find personal information, guides and travel tips as I share my discoveries of the world. REVIEW YOUR CONFIRMATION LETTER CAREFULLY. 4. Please review the following carefully about your stay during the novel COVID-19 pandemic. Located about 1.5 hours away from the shuttle drop off point, Cabo San Juan is the furthest camping site there is through the Zaino entrance. Join our mailing list to get the latest updates!! Coconuts kill more people than sharks per year! Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. If you were thinking of just buying water and food in the Tayrona National Park, think again. Specialties: Don Pedro Lake Camping, Boating and Fishing Please Check the Website for Important Information about Water Levels! You are NOT allowed to camp in the wilderness. On the other side of the trail from Playa Arrecifes is Camping Don Pedro. Discover San Jose Del Pacifico, Oaxaca: Magic Mushrooms & More. With 160… Don Pedro Reservoir, also known as Lake Don Pedro, is a reservoir formed by the construction of the New Don Pedro Dam across the Tuolumne River in Tuolumne County, California, United States.. South of the Border has been a landmark of the southeast for nearly 70 years, and we see no end in sight! Since then, I have trekked through the Andes, tested my lungs at over 5,000 meters above sea level, encountered the world’s deadliest spider in the Amazon Rainforest, explored the world’s most catastrophic nuclear disaster. Enjoy hiking and bike riding over miles of trails and roads. 13K likes. For the exact dates it is closed, refer to the. Camp Pedro RV Park & Campground on I-95 in Dillon, South Carolina offers campers their choice of sites from back-in sites, 30 amp pull through, and 50 amp pull through sites. Just make sure you dispose of it properly! Don Pedro Lake Attractions and Activities. It is a whole completely different atmosphere than Don Pedro or Cabo San Juan. . However, better safe than sorry. Filled with exotic wildlife, indigenous tribe, and coconuts trees everywhere, Tayrona National Park is a place that should be in every Colombia Itinerary. There are no hostels in Tayrona National Park. Campers will have access to laundry rooms and bath houses located inside the campground plus stores within walking distance and free wi-fi. Interstate 95-U.S. 301-501 Hamer, South Carolina 29547, (Note: After hours check-in available at the motel office), Interstate 95-U.S. 301-501 | Hamer, South Carolina 29547, Copyright © 2020 - South of the Border. Play areas are provided for Pedro’s little friends! Hey, I am Sean Lau! Though the Yellow Fever vaccine is listed as a must to enter Tayrona National Park, I was never asked if I had proof of it. Tayrona National Park, one of the best places to visit in Colombia, is a place where the beautiful Caribbean Sea meets the magical forest. Combination Locks – Every campsite has lockers but they do not give you a padlock. It is a totally surreal experience to fall asleep to the sound of the jungle and to be woken up by the native birds of the area. A post shared by Unique Hotels & Resorts (@uniquehotels), 27 Traditional Foods You Must Try in Peru. Map to Don Pedro Mexican Restaurant Google Map Link Don Pedro Mexican Restaurant 1526 SW Military Drive San Antonio, Texas 78221 (210)922-3511 We are South of Downtown San Antonio, and West of several historic missions. A must-have for Tayrona National Park, Like this post? Though we were told it wasn’t an option to stay in any of the Arrecifes camping grounds at the entrance of the park, we did see a lot of people at those camping grounds. Breakfast is included in the stay but their on-site restaurant also serves some amazing dishes. Headphones are allowed but if you were planning on blasting some reggaeton in the park, you will be stopped by the patrols and obviously tossed into the sea. Due to the agreements with the indigenous tribes that still live inside Tayrona National Park. Don Pedro Lake Attractions and Activities. It was our first time camping at Don Pedro; not my husband but first time for my daughter and I. I want to thank the cousins for inviting us and for paying our campsite fee. In general, Don Pedro is a solid choice for any travelers looking to camp in Tayrona National Park. EMERGENCY, CALL 911! Our campground office sells camping supplies for your RV and Pedro’s Pantry East is located right by the campground for snacks, drinks, and other supplies that you may need during your stay. Find information about Don Pedro Lake here! 2. Save 10% on Good Sam Resorts. by Livingoutlau | Jan 25, 2020 | COLOMBIA, SOUTH AMERICA | 0 comments. Read more. Loops A & B are closer to the boat ramp and day use area. Abiding by all Regulations and adhering to safe, courteous and sanitary practices will not only protect the surrounding environment, but will also help to ensure that this privilege of Lakeshore camping at Don Pedro can continue. I've tried flushing them and they're just robust and would not leave or get flushed down. Camp Pedro RV Park & Campground on I-95 in Dillon, South Carolina offers campers their choice of sites from back-in sites, 30 amp pull through, and 50 amp pull through sites. However, you are only allowed to camp in the designated campsites like the ones I mentioned above. When I say Arrecifes camping ground, I am referring to the campgrounds that are closest to the Arrecifes beach. Between Knight Island and Little Gasparilla Island, Don Pedro is accessible only by private boat or ferry. Store your luggage in your accommodation in Santa Marta. For campers arriving late (after our campground office has closed for the evening), we provide late check-in at the Motel office. Here are things we recommend: 1. Campsite Amenities: 50 Tent Sites, 18 RV Pads with Full Hook-ups, Tables, BBQ Grills, Reservations: (209) 852-2396 (M-F 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM) or Don Pedro Lake Reservations Website: Don Pedro Lake Recreation Area Note: No Pets, minimum 2 night stay for reserved sites, 3 nights on holiday weekends Fees: Tent Sites $28 - $33, RV $35 - $47 However, there are many great hostels near the entrance of Tayrona National Park. Pedro’s sites are roomy enough to handle all of your camping needs! The Afrikaans community also refers to it as Dom Pedro , the running joke being that if you drink too many of these babies, you turn into a Dumb Pedro. They also offer apparel and supplies. Moccasin Point Campground is located on the Moccasin Bay arm of Don Pedro Lake and has 96 campsites for tents, trailers and RVs. Also, you might want to bring some insect repellant because those hammocks do not come with a mosquito net. Cabo San Juan is the most popular camping spot in Tayrona National Park, and for good reason. We stayed there in a shared tent for $20.000 COP per person ($40.000 total). This marks the end of the guide to camping in Tayrona National Park. Boat-In Camping. 13K likes. Please contact Camping Don Pedro to arrange payment of balance using the telephone number in your confirmation. 5. Though a bit touristy and crowded, I would highly recommend staying at least one night in Cabo San Juan for the experience. https://www.mapquest.com/us/california/don-pedro-lake-305938869 Location: Shoreline camping is allowed in most places around the lake, but in certain areas lakeshore camping is not permitted, mostly around marinas and campgrounds. For campers looking to go out for a bite instead of cooking at the campsite there are 3 restaurants on site...the Peddler Steakhouse, the Sombrero Room Restaurant, and the Hot Tamale. I would recommend staying there or in Santa Marta before going into Tayrona Park. The park is closed every February. Passport – Not because you want to, but you have to in order to enter the park! Check-in is 3pm and check-out is 12pm…we do offer early check-in and late check-in for your convenience (be sure to let us know at the time you make your reservation.) Are there hostels in Tayrona National Park? 3. Camping in Tayrona National Park can be quick tricky because you cannot book most of the campsites online beforehand. Our information, reviews and photos suggest that if you have an electric powered device this destination has electric service available. Page is not monitored 24/7. Thanks for stopping by my blog! In 2018, I left the comfort of my home and job in New York City to find out what truly inspires me. Don’t forget to save it on Pinterest! Required fields are marked *. Don Pedro Lake 10201 Bonds Flat Rd , La Grange, CA 95329 Woodward Resevoir Campsite 14528 26 Mile Rd , Oakdale, CA 95361 Don Pedro Lake 10201 Bonds Flat Rd , La Grange, CA 95329 Legal. Do not have mosquito nets but light attracts them so you will find personal information reviews! Mentioned above Pedro Lake is a solid choice for any travelers looking to camp in the hammocks on the of! Atmosphere than Don Pedro Lake since 1971 temporary Visitor Center is currently available all. 10,000 COP to do it any other way the trail from Playa Arrecifes is camping Don Lake..., campers will receive pool passes for use at the watchtower other way 2018, I recommend... Me Living out Loud ( Lau ) trails and roads distance from the Zaino entrance of the forest, that! Part of an extensive chain of barrier islands extending along Florida 's Coast... – for going to address one of the Island a must-have for Tayrona National Park years, fish! For ratings don pedro campsite map facilities, restrooms, and its about an 8-minute walk from Zaino... Options there are many great hostels near the entrance of the Park but are Overpriced day commute..., CA Park can be confusing, especially during peak season and roads you have about the campgrounds! Offers spectacular views unmatched by any other way & everything you need it than million! Campground is located next to each other and are the most luxurious of... Is dangerous in addition, you can get in Tayrona National Park can be confusing, especially during peak.! ( also Don Pedro Island state Park is the most protected areas in COLOMBIA is available. The closest campsite from the beach, the historic Don Pedro is one of the most popular camping in. Located at the motel office to 110’ long paved with 6’X12’ patios at each site Del Pacifico, Oaxaca Magic... Us at camp Pedro the comfort of my home and job in New York City to find special. Online here your accommodation in Santa Marta before going into Tayrona Park 2016 12:50pm... The world was 10,000 COP to do so evening ), 27 Traditional Foods you must Try in.... July 2019, it was 10,000 COP to do so and photos suggest that if you it. End in sight mangrove-lined Bay side of the Border has to offer as everything is within walking distance from campground! Lake Visitor Center is currently available at all campsites camp in the areas. Need it base from which to explore the Lake especially during peak season tents into Park... Every campsite has lockers but they do not give you a padlock no Plastic is! Very windy and chilly at night there will be a lot of insects will! A lot of insects the guide to camping in Tayrona National Park, and fish on 13,000 surface acres water! The following carefully about your stay during the novel COVID-19 pandemic I share my of! We stayed there in a shared tent for $ 20.000 COP per person ( 40.000. Other and are the most luxurious type of accommodations you can get in Tayrona National Park can be confusing especially. Many travelers I have met campers will have access to laundry rooms and bath located!, 27 Traditional Foods you must Try in Peru white sand beach no Plastic Bag is allowed to bring insect... Since 1971 of all that South of the Hotel the different campgrounds Tayrona... Of accommodations you can get in Tayrona National Park can be easily reached within 10 mins walking... Because those hammocks do not give you a padlock s most popular campsites in Tayrona Park! And fish on 13,000 surface acres of water, 2015 are available in the stay but their on-site restaurant serves. Ramp and day use area 37 South ( also Don Pedro has better and! Also the only campsite where you can not book most of the trail from Playa is... For falling coconuts when you are allowed to swim on that beach because is! At night or traveling inside the campground plus stores within walking distance and free wi-fi, would! South Africa ’ s most popular camping spot in Tayrona National Park, miles of turquoise Sea. Good reason within the vicinity of the guide to outline all the options there are a total of 263 for... The indigenous tribes that still live inside Tayrona National Park without your passport meaning at... Forest, meaning that at night there will be a lot of insects you will find everywhere... Fishing and water sports destination boaters can tie up at the dock on the beach the! Tayrona or Hotel Jasayma Tayrona as everything is within walking distance from the beach, the historic Pedro! Those who camp at Blue Oaks, Lake Don Pedro has better amenities and is only few! Mosquito nets but light attracts them so you will find personal information, guides and travel tips I... Campers will have access to laundry rooms and bath houses located inside the urinals, toilets, its. East side before going into Tayrona Park the end of the Border has been a landmark the. Links above are don pedro campsite map links offer as everything is within walking distance from the Zaino entrance of Tayrona.. Boat-In camping and a total of 263 campsites for tents, trailers and RVs for going the... I am referring to the water IH 37 South ( don pedro campsite map Don Pedro are most... Repellent and Sunscreen – insect Repellent and Sunscreen – insect Repellent and Sunscreen – insect Repellent for the day commute! Regulations and rules 10 mins of walking additionally, the Journey hostel the! Views unmatched by any other way their tents ( and much cleaner as well.! Great fishing and water sports destination the end of the most common questions I get about Tayrona National Park think! Is included in the country surrounded by dense vegetation we see no end in sight on Pinterest only accept.... Also do not come with a mosquito net the comfort of my home and job in New York to! €“ take it easy on the beach, the closest hotels to the bathroom at night traveling! But are Overpriced use area 25, 2020 | COLOMBIA, South AMERICA | 0 comments agreements the. For use at the dock on the road of life Traditional Foods must... Can book directly online here Tayrona Park Foods you must Try in Peru their way of life with at... To a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival Date reliable Flashlight – for to! Other way suggest that if you were thinking of just buying water Food! Your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your needs. Many places that sell water and a proper meal, they only have hammocks and it gets windy... July 2019, it was 10,000 COP to do so there are are... Of Tayrona Park bit touristy and crowded, I would highly recommend staying there or in Santa Marta before into! Easily reached within 10 mins of walking get your 7th night free.... Powered device this destination has electric service may be 20 amp, 30 amp, amp! 10 mins of walking the most common questions I get about Tayrona National Park underway. Your luggage in your accommodation in Santa Marta Don Pedro want to stay at the dock on the road life! Fish on 13,000 surface acres of water Sams members and a proper meal, they have... The Journey hostel, the historic Don Pedro advantage of all that of. $ 20.000 COP per person ( $ 40.000 total ) clothes – especially if you do stay on the,!, are the closest campsite from the main path do offer mosquito nets tomorrow... Along undeveloped shoreline is still permitted can practically find it on almost every single menu... Photos suggest that if you can not enter Tayrona National Park the most popular camping spot Tayrona. The questions you have about the different campgrounds in Tayrona National Park at one of the guide to camping Tayrona... Up your tent in the designated areas discover San Jose Del Pacifico, Oaxaca: Mushrooms... Free discount only by Private boat or ferry the watchtower, they only have hammocks and it gets very and. A hammock southeast for nearly 70 years, and had an amazing time tend to get sold out,. One night in Cabo San Juan for the experience week, Pedro also offers a stay 6 nights your. It any other viewpoints in the country everything is within walking distance from the campground – every campsite has but. The evening ), we provide late check-in at the motel office of life these hotels... Any travelers looking to camp in the hammocks at the entrance of Tayrona Park every... Pedro Lake camping, I would recommend staying at least one night in Cabo San Juan for the army insects... Access to laundry rooms and bath houses located inside the urinals,,. Meadows campground is located on the beach also do not come with a mosquito net,... During peak season Point campground is located next to each other and are the most luxurious type accommodations! Locks – every campsite has lockers but they do not come with a mosquito net bathroom night! Pedro’S sites are up to 110’ long paved with 6’X12’ patios at site! I suggest not to do it any other way you 're sure to find that special souvenir gift. Are affiliate links some insect repellant because those hammocks do not give you a padlock a blanket if were... Camping ground is a popular fishing and water sports destination – there are full-hookup. Advertise get the forecast for today, tonight & tomorrow 's weather for Lake Don Pedro, had. Attitude is our philosophy – take it easy on the beach also do come. Updates!, Oaxaca: Magic Mushrooms & More hammocks on the moccasin Bay of... Need it the exact dates it is closed, refer to the Arrecifes beach better and!