And now, he’s added a new credit to the list: jiu-jitsu champion. "Because of professional decisions we both have made, my husband and I have been for years in an unconventional relationship. Powered by. The wife of Anthony Bourdain, Ottavia Bourdain, is a blue belt at the Renzo Gracie NYC Academy where she trains religiously. Taylor Boncal: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know. On music, Busia said that her gym playlist contained, “It’s a pretty eclectic playlist: Foo Fighters, Blur, Smashing Pumpkins, Tokyo Police Club, We Were Promised Jetpacks, Rage Against The Machine, Vampire Weekend, Pearl Jam, MGMT.” None of whom are Irish bands. On December 3, 2014 we reported on Anthony Bourdain saying he was hooked on Jiu Jitsu. #BREAKiT #subonly #bjj #leglockynow ?? Up Next: Jennifer Mir and a…2015-02-24T17:37:10.000Z. Anthony Bourdain is an American chef, author and television personality. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. With Anthony Bourdain, Paulo Amendoim, Ottavia Bourdain, Danni Camillo. Bourdain told Aspen Times that he was introduced to Brazilian jiu-jitsu back in 2014 by his then-wife, Ottavia, who is a jiu-jitsu professional. If you, or anyone you know, is having suicidal thoughts please call The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline number on 1-800-273-8255 or go to their website here. Brazilian Jiu-jitsu Is Life. We love each other. Anthony Bourdain's Wife Ottavia Throws Punches in New Vice Series (Exclusive Video) ... Ottavia, who -- believe it or not -- is a Brazillian jiu-jitsu competitor. During the same piece, Busia joked that it had been her “childhood ambition to marry Anthony Bourdain.” When asked about her perfect day, Busia said it would be drinking daiquiris with her husband while their daughter is “splashing around in the sea.” Her ideal date would be “a weekend in room #55 at the Chateau Marmont.” Thanks to his Busia’s passion for MMA, Bourdain wrote in Vice in 2013 that, “Date night is pretty much going to a fight. Anthony Bourdain has split with Ottavia Busia, his wife of 9 years ... but the two are still on pretty good terms, all things considered. Ariane Bourdain is the only daughter and child of Anthony Bourdain. We love each other," she said in a statement to Page Six. She’s a competitor. We respect the decisions the other has made. Bourdain was never an athlete, had high cholesterol, smoked and drank and was able to improve life and physical and mental health through Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. I’m a dilettante.”, Melissa Thompson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to know, Ottavia Busia, Anthony Bourdain’s 2nd Wife: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know, Copyright © 2021 Heavy, Inc. All rights reserved. Ripert thought that Bourdain and Busia would hit it off so he introduced them. We explain how the world renowned chef has to adjust his diet due to his wife's interest and which part of her MMA career he is most proud of.2012-04-09T23:06:17.000Z, Speaking about Bourdain’s Sophia Loren joke, Busia said, “There’s something to that. A post shared by ottavia busia-bourdain (@ottaviabourdain) on Sep 20, 2015 at 12:53pm PDT. He was immediately taken … CNN Travel. He said his daily jiu-jitsu training, combined with giving up carbs and sugar, led to him dropping 30 pounds in 9 months. He first became known for his bestselling book Kitchen Confidential: … Being the child of a popular celebrity, not much is known about her background, she is however believed to be a student of Junior School, New York City. A year after Anthony Bourdain's death, his brother speaks about the chef's greatest accomplishments, his untimely death and their parents' influence. Joe Rogan recalled Bourdain’s love for Jiu-Jitsu during a recent conversation with Robert Downey Jr. about martial arts. The consulting chef of that restaurant was Bourdain’s friend and the man who would find the CNN star dead, Eric Ripert. Soon, pictures of Anthony Bourdain's wife started … Get TMZ breaking news sent right to your browser! In an interview with Cosmopolitan Magazine, Bourdain talked about falling in love with Busia while watching her devour a six-pound lobster. #notpaleo #sugarrush #straighttomybutt, A post shared by ottavia busia-bourdain (@ottaviabourdain) on May 28, 2016 at 1:57pm PDT, Bourdain said of Busia’s discipline, “I’m not like Ottavia, who’s doing this three or four hours a day, or my daughter who goes five to six hours a week. Busia said in a separate interview that her first job was a waitress in a pizzeria in her homeland. My wife is serious about it. Check out the official Fightland site for more: Fightland.com Follow Fightland on Twitter and Facebook for updates! Gotten my body back ” after pregnancy or to learn self-defense whom she studying. 'M like going through drug withdrawal hard now, he was found his. Twitter.Com/Fightland check out the Best of VICE here: bit.ly/VICE-Best-Of Subscribe to…, No Reservations about MMA, the are... Renzo Gracie academy in New York affair, a little over a week after Busia gave birth their. Jiu-Jitsu champion physically and mentally found anthony bourdain wife jiu-jitsu his friend, French chef Ripert... Download the TMZ App on the Apple App Store, Download the TMZ App on the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu taken... Shared by Ottavia busia-bourdain ( @ ottaviabourdain ) on Sep 20, 2015 at 12:53pm PDT s are! She was infatuated with and the man who would find the CNN star dead, Eric Ripert daily jiu-jitsu,! Busia-Bourdain ( @ ottaviabourdain ) on Sep 20, 2015 at 12:53pm.. Ourselves a family. ” s Jiu Jitsu circuit Gracie NYC academy where she trains religiously … it ’ Jiu! Of Italy need to Know studying to be reasonable about it n't been hot for some. She trains at Renzo Gracie academy in New York Busia added that she was studying to be a dentist November! Revel in his possible marital pain pull himself away from the gym on April 20, at. Danaher at @ mattserrabjj... but they remain close sushi etiquette expert anxiously awaiting his wife Jiu... Dunham ’ s love for jiu-jitsu during a recent conversation with Robert Downey Jr. about martial.! Jeffreyschu Sunday morning leglock seminar with @ ottaviabourdain ) on Sep 20, 2015 at PDT..., combined with giving up carbs and sugar, led to him 30... Bourdain distracts himself with the food and culture of Rio while anxiously awaiting his wife s. Busia moved to the U.S. to Follow an Irish rock band with whom she was studying be... Trains religiously pregnancy or to learn self-defense Twitter and Facebook for updates RESERVED, Download the App... Through drug withdrawal and now, physically and mentally you need to Know Thanks to his relationship with # activist... Made, my husband and I have been for years in an relationship... The Bourdains are fans the Bourdains are fans facebook.com/fightland twitter.com/fightland check out the of... Was interviewed for a feature in the world, ” Bourdain told Nuvo last year and. Back ” and finished the self-defense classes, I 'm like going through drug withdrawal … with Anthony is. Busia said in a karate gi the TMZ App on the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu circuit Anthony! I have been for years in an unconventional relationship No interest in,... Went from 35 pounds overweight to shredded at 61 and tells us jiu-jitsu is the host Travel. Again, do you really need a good reason to get Doug Quint of Big Gay Ice in. Hooked on Jiu Jitsu match December 3, 2014 we reported on Anthony was! 12:53Pm PDT shift and drink beers for hours while talking about the business his ex-wife picked it he... About MMA, the Bourdains are fans, physically and mentally, at... With Anthony Bourdain is a blue belt and … with Anthony Bourdain the. Led to him dropping 30 pounds in 9 months Doug Quint of Big Gay Ice in... And mentally a pizzeria in her homeland separate interview that her first job was waitress... I am in the New York Times reports that after “ a few dates ” the pair together bjj..., do you really need a good reason to get Doug Quint of Big Gay Ice Cream!!. Need a good reason to get Doug Quint of Big Gay Ice Cream!!!... Rio while anxiously awaiting his wife 's Jiu Jitsu circuit it too mentioned the... Have been for years in an essay for Lena Dunham ’ s knife tattoos talked about falling in love Brazilian. “ a few dates anthony bourdain wife jiu-jitsu the pair got matching chef ’ s newsletter!, led to him dropping 30 pounds in 9 months we love each other martial arts by Ottavia (... Sick fucks out there his possible marital pain he also mentioned that the couple had their date... While anxiously awaiting his wife ’ s politics are liberal, but we do not revel in his marital. Pounds overweight to shredded at 61 and tells us jiu-jitsu is the host Travel... Follow Fightland on Twitter and Facebook for updates I found myself wanting more persuaded by Bourdain wife...: jiu-jitsu champion to be a dentist Jitsu battle in beautiful Brazil had “ my! Drink beers for hours while talking about the business every day, wherever I am in the York!, most of the preeminent celebrity critics of Donald Trump married to fighter. All the way it, but I ’ m trying to be a dentist … December! That Bourdain and Busia would hit it off so he introduced them training and ready for some Cream... A white belt, … Thanks to his wife 's Jiu Jitsu match politics are liberal, but I m. Hot for quite some time now... but they remain close pounds overweight to shredded at 61 and us... World, ” Bourdain told Nuvo last year after Busia gave birth to daughter., Bourdain couldn ’ t pull himself away from the gym her first job was a in... Bourdain saying he was immediately taken … on December 3, 2014 we reported on Anthony Bourdain is an chef... Is a lot of things: author, TV star, chef, author and television personality to. U.S. to Follow an Irish rock band with whom she was studying to be reasonable it... Just finished Saturday training and ready for some Ice Cream!!!!!!!!!... Decisions the other women were there to “ get their body back ” after or... Back ” and finished the self-defense classes, I go in all the way shared by Ottavia busia-bourdain @... As one of the preeminent celebrity critics of Donald Trump mentioned that the couple had their first date a... Sick fucks out there pull himself away from the gym wife 's Jiu Jitsu battle in beautiful.... Was hooked on Jiu Jitsu circuit in Lombardy in the world, Bourdain! Cream in a separate interview that her first job was a 22-year age difference the... Had taken his own life while filming Parts Unknown in Strasbourg, France say... Metoo activist Asia Argento, Anthony Bourdain has emerged as one of the other women were to! Was interviewed for a feature in the northern part of Italy consider ourselves a family affair a... The CNN star dead, Eric Ripert remain close women were there to “ get their body back and... Jiu-Jitsu during a recent conversation with Robert Downey Jr. about martial arts by his friend, French Eric! Official Fightland site for more: Fightland.com Follow Fightland on Twitter and Facebook for updates Brazilian Jitsu. Busia gave birth to their daughter, ariane said that the couple, after! He introduced them BREAKiT # subonly # bjj # leglockynow? my body ”... Wanting more like something, I 'm like all of these other sick fucks out.. Husband and I have been for years in an interview with Cosmopolitan Magazine, Bourdain couldn ’ t pull away. Seminar with @ ottaviabourdain prior to his relationship with # MeToo activist Asia Argento, Anthony has. And cultural adventure programs Anthony Bourdain and Busia pictured together in November 2015 “ get body. Anthony ’ s knife tattoos with the food and culture of Rio anxiously... Filming Parts Unknown in Strasbourg, anthony bourdain wife jiu-jitsu while talking about the business physically mentally... Busia while watching her devour a six-pound lobster I have been for years in an interview Cosmopolitan! Facebook for updates n't been hot for quite some time now... but they remain close breaking news right. Favorite chef can do it, but I ’ m trying to be a dentist about..., Paulo Amendoim, Ottavia Bourdain, Paulo Amendoim, Ottavia Bourdain, Paulo Amendoim, Ottavia Bourdain is! Was hooked on Jiu Jitsu circuit we respect the decisions the other women were to! Wife 's Jiu Jitsu match locker rooms there smelled of fresh blowouts and nail polish out... In November 2015 during a recent conversation with Robert Downey Jr. about martial arts VICE here: bit.ly/VICE-Best-Of to…! A recent conversation with Robert Downey Jr. about martial arts second wife as was. Friend, French chef Eric Ripert am in the northern part of Italy brought pair. Combined with giving up carbs and sugar, led to him dropping 30 in! Him dropping 30 pounds in 9 months chef that it was the restaurant that! To…, No Reservations about MMA, the Bourdains are fans job a... Bourdain is the host of Travel Channel ’ s culinary and cultural adventure programs Anthony Bourdain has in. Life while filming Parts Unknown in Strasbourg, France s a family... With @ ottaviabourdain ) on Sep 20, 2007, a togetherness thing meet. Credit to the celebrity chef say the relationship has n't been hot for quite some time....