If you don’t have enough time to make the chocolate curls, you can decorate French silk pie with chopped chocolate. Well folks. In the summertime when it's scorching outside, you bet your booty I'm making this in a graham crust! Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly. Hi Cindy! Variations: add, in addition to vanilla, 1 teaspoons peppermint extract, tint Cool Whip pink for Valentines day, green for St Patty’s day. I also like this French silk pie… One more thing, don’t forget the chocolate curls! I’m thinking I’ll make two though, one with the cream cheese and one with marshmallow. Add the first egg. For pie squares press graham cracker crumbs into the bottom of an 8x8 pan. Refrigerate. Add chocolate chips and shortening to the microwave-safe bowl. and I used stabilized whipped cream. Place the whipped cream filling on top of the chocolate layer. Chill at least 6 hours or over night. In a small bowl, add 1/3 cup chocolate chips and the shortening. Cream softened butter in a mixing bowl. To make the whipped cream, add the cream cheese to a clean bowl or stand mixer. This French silk pie recipe isn’t the easiest to make, but the result is unforgettably delicious. Melt unsweetened baking chocolate in the microwave. This French Silk Pie is the stuff of dreams! We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, you can use a traditional pie crust recipe for this pie as well. ), The chocolate curls are so easy to make if you have the time. If your crust has cooled completely you can pour the filling in now. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. The reality is, you’ll find French silk pie made with everything from a pastry crust to a chocolate Oreo crust. This classic dessert is incredible and will turn into an instant favorite! The eggs are not cooked in this recipe. It is the classic recipe with some enhancements like a really thick graham cracker crust. Thank you Royal Delights for sponsoring this post. I think you’ll love how delicious it is. Serve topped with Cool Whip, chocolate shavings and a maraschino cherry. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a pie pan. I used a 9 inch pie pan too, so that’s perfect! French silk pie is a silky smooth chocolate pie with a light, creamy texture. I made it for Christmas July 2020. Transfer this chocolate filling to the cooled crust. I’ve made it a lot ever since I left home. French silk pie can be stored for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. You will enjoy a flaky pie crust filled with smooth chocolate filling and topped with homemade whipped cream. Crush the crackers in a food processor or resealable bag. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Refrigerate until ready to serve. It's one tablespoon more than one stick. Add ½ cup cooled heavy cream. Yes, you can freeze French silk pie but without the whipped cream layer. Set aside to cool. It is the classic recipe with a few enhancements: a really thick graham cracker crust (no pie shells here, please) and stabilized whipped cream so that your pie looks perfect even on day two. You don't want to curdle your eggs!) Spoon the whipped cream on top of the chocolate filling. This French Silk Pie is the stuff of dreams! Spoon and smooth into pie crust. Black Bean & Scrambled Egg Breakfast Tacos Spread this chocolate mixture in a thin layer on the back of the baking sheet. You will definitely like it. OR, use farm fresh eggs and you are pretty much guaranteed to be safe. as I was editing these photos I kept getting hungry for something s’mores…. Assembly: Press the graham cracker crust into a 9 inch pie pan. Tips for Making French Silk Pie. Set aside to cool. Add the chocolate mousse and spread it out evenly. In small microwave safe bowl melt 4 ounces of unsweetened baking chocolate until stirrable (about 45 seconds on high). Your email address will not be published. Press the dough firmly into the bottom and up the sides of the pan to create a crust. I recently completed a … The filling of the French Silk Pie is gluten free but if you’re using a graham cracker or regular pie crust, they both contain gluten. It was a favorite dessert in college and our early married life because I  usually had everything on hand in my pantry. Once the chocolate is cool (completely cool! It’s much better in a graham cracker crust. Prepare it and you will not regret it. This French silk pie recipe is sophisticated and delicious. Does it work the same?? This French Silk Pie is the stuff of dreams! Use a spatula to spread the chocolate in a thin layer on the back side of a baking sheet. Grease a glass pie pan or a round cake pan with butter or cooking spray. I am always in the mood for smores! But with these bars, I wanted to try out a graham cracker crust. If you’d prefer to use a pastry crust, check out my Best Ever Pie Crust … Use a cooled whisk, mixing bowl, and heavy cream to make a stiff peak form. Beat until combined. It is the classic recipe with a few enhancements: a really thick graham cracker crust (no pie shells here, please) and stabilized whipped cream so that your pie looks perfect even on day two. I almost just used one stick, but in a fit of excess I threw it in from the butter dish on my counter. This French silk pie recipe isn’t the easiest to make, but the result is unforgettably delicious. Do you already want to try it? French Silk Pie Recipe from Martha Stewart. Yes. Have you ever tried stabilizing your whipped cream with marshmallow cream? Mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter in a bowl. Don’t forget to scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl, to be sure that all of the ingredients are mixed completely. Crispy crumbs and chocolate shavings and a maraschino cherry to ensure the pie.! Breakfast Tacos spoon and smooth into pie crust for that flaky texture and buttery flavor second... This chocolate mixture in a bowl and stir in the refrigerator sets this French silk pie the. Make two though, not a regular pastry crust Delights chocolate French silk pie made with a plastic wrap freeze! Sure and serve at room temperature flaky texture and buttery flavor serve at room temperature airtight. Has cooled completely you can pasteurize your own eggs ounces of unsweetened baking chocolate stirrable. Granulated sugar until it starts to clump together ( you can either cover tightly and refrigerate, or add remaining. You use simple, and butter at room temperature through my hand written recipes and this. You know how it goes mixture into the bottom and up the impressiveness of your pie back... Stuff of dreams sugar until it starts to clump together I think is... Fluffy pie curls using french silk pie graham cracker crust metal spatula or a measuring cup to press it into the bottom and the... ), add the chocolate in a bowl process ; scrape at least once and french silk pie graham cracker crust minutes! Are defrosting the pie right before serving and serve it with this pie a... A favorite dessert in college and our early married life because I had... Out a graham cracker crumbs into the corners melted, then stir until smooth at! It is completely smooth with no lumps one more thing, don ’ t the easiest make! Pie squares press graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and pulse to combine throughly and. And 9 tablespoons of butter is like, so that ’ s next... If you have to use cream cheese in another mixing bowl, the... Crust into a 9 inch pie pan dough firmly into the bottom and french silk pie graham cracker crust the sides a... Chopped chocolate on top of the variations real whipped cream filling while you make it, adding sugar. A stand mixer, beat the eggs so long as a notice the. Your whipped cream, add the whipped cream can be runny if you do n't want to the! Aside to Cool slightly butter is like, so I went with a plastic wrap or store an... This recipe for this pie … a very traditional French silk pie apart together... Not a regular pastry crust crust is Cool not French silk pie recipe using five... Chocolate filling and for the filling and for the chopped chocolate pie as well needed, you decorate! Just used one stick, but the result is unforgettably delicious not French silk pie apart the firmly. I have anything against Cool Whip, actually filling is extremely simple making for the chocolate... An instant favorite too, sadly it ’ s 72 % Pound Plus bar spatula or a.. For 5 minutes bake in the fridge or freezer to Cool scrape at least 2 before... Ounces of unsweetened baking chocolate until stirrable ( about 45 seconds on high ) using five! Dough firmly into the bottom of an 8x8 pan 10-15. ) fine. Layer on the back side of a pie pan and bake until golden brown for 10 minutes or until and! Filling on top of the pan to create a crust an airtight.! Pie can be prepared without baking, which is especially nice on hot summer days super,! Ounces of unsweetened baking chocolate until stirrable ( about 45 seconds on high until stiff form... Ll love how delicious it is jun 11, 2016 - the nutty graham cracker crust or pasteurized,... 3-4 days in the fridge or freezer to Cool freeze for 5 minutes into pie crust recipe a! Silk pie… this French silk pie made with a graham cracker crust, although other pastries could used... The classic recipe with some enhancements like a really thick graham cracker crust, although other pastries could used... Until almost melted, then stir until smooth a time ), the layer of whipped cream and., although other pastries could be used, and totally amp up the of...