What I liked: Great scenery with a lot of variation, a great place to escape the noise Trail marking: Fair Mountain Bike Trails. more, #1 of 10 Outdoor Activities in Gravenhurst, Hotels near Bethune Memorial House National Historic Site, Hotels near Gravenhurst Narrows Lighthouse, Hotels near Gravenhurst Visitor Information Centre, Buckwallow Biking Trails: Tickets & Tours‎, Things to do near (YYZ) Pearson Intl Airport, Things to do near (YTZ) Toronto Island Airport, Things to do near Gravenhurst Narrows Lighthouse, Things to do near Residence Inn by Marriott Gravenhurst Muskoka Wharf. Number of times on the trail: Weekly Buckwallow Biking Trails, Gravenhurst: See 19 reviews, articles, and 2 photos of Buckwallow Biking Trails, ranked No.9 on Tripadvisor among 22 attractions in Gravenhurst. Date submitted: April 13, 2004 Rating: 4.5 stars Extremely well-maintained with a variety of challenges. Trail marking: Very good What I liked: Great scenery with a lot of variation, a great place to escape the noise Activities I have done on the trail: Bicycling, walking, inline skating, mountain biking and cross-country skiing Date last visited: June, 2003 Number of times on the trail: Once Start checking them out and you'll be out on the trail in no time! Best time to go: Trail maintenance: Very good Everyone will find something to enjoy at Buckwallow. Travel through Cooper's... Hahne Farm Trail. From Algonquin Park’s Old Railway Bike Trail suitable for families, to the professional Buckwallow Trails in Gravenhurst and downhill runs at Sir Sam’s in Haliburton there’s something for everyone. Dec. 14, 2020 - Rent from people in Gravenhurst, Canada from $26 CAD/night. Best time to go: June 1st - August 30th Take Muskoka Road 169. north from Gravenhurst or south from Bala. What I liked: SceneryWildlifeLocation Trail maintenance: Fair What I disliked: poor condition, wet, buggy, occasional poor marking Buckwallow Biking Trails, Gravenhurst: See 19 reviews, articles, and 2 photos of Buckwallow Biking Trails, ranked No.9 on Tripadvisor among 22 attractions in Gravenhurst. Additional comments: Trail marking: Very good Date last visited: Apr, 2004 Torrance Barrens sign. 1     You'll also find some great local park options, like Hardy Lake Provincial Park or Copeland Forest. Belong anywhere with Airbnb. What I disliked: poor condition, wet, buggy, occasional poor marking Submitted by: c.k. Submitted by: c.k. Trail marking: Fair Build Days – What to Expect & How to Get Involved; Trail Build Days Return! Rating: 3.0 stars Number of times on the trail: Several times Trail name: Gravenhurst Trans Canada Trail The technical trails (5-6 hoofs) have some rock and root features which will challenge the intermediate to advanced rider.Not a lot of climbing, trails are open and for the most part flow nicely. Sander Trail name: Gravenhurst Trans Canada Trail from: Gravenhurst Ontario Road 13) and travel 7 kilometres to the. Date last visited: June, 2003 Great layout; main trail with loops and inter-connecting runs. 2       Turn south on Southwood Road (Muskoka. Activities I have done on the trail: Bicycling, walking, inline skating, mountain biking and cross-country skiing Trail maintenance: Fair If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. 683 likes. Additional comments: markers are a little vague, but then again that was part of the attraction DESCRIPTION This is a snowmobile trail in the winter transformed into a hiking, biking and 4X4 trail in the summer. Date submitted: June 15, 2003, © Copyright 1999-2020 Canada Trails Contact us | About Canada Trails | Privacy policy. Date submitted: June 15, 2003, Trail name: Gravenhurst Trans Canada Trail Gravenhurst, ON mountain bike trails, maps, videos, photos and reviews. Trail types: singletrack and doubletrack. Date submitted: June 15, 2003, Trail name: Gravenhurst Trans Canada Trail Additional comments: Old Stone Road Trail is a 2.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Gravenhurst, Ontario, Canada that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. Date last visited: August, 2004 Date last visited: August, 2004 Two full service bike shops to help keep you rolling. Devil’s Gap Trail – 6 km – Intermediate Linear. from: Toronto, ON Average rating: 4.17, 3       Trail description: A 32 km section of the Trans Canada Trail runs north-south through the Gravenhurst region from Cooper's Falls to Bracebridge. Welcome to Muskoka Trails! A number of the trails located in Explorers' Edge's are incorporated within this larger, national trail system including: Washago to Coopers Falls Connector (13km), Gravenhurst Trans Canada Trail (49km), Bracebridge Trans Canada Trail (27km) , Huntsville Trans Canada Trail (55km), Seguin Recreational Trail (32km) and the Old Nipissing Colonization Road (86km), Commanda to Callandar Trail … The Bike Shop in Gravenhurst & Huntsville. Sections covered: all from: Gravenhurst Ontario The trail is marked with stone cairns, white. We recommend rescheduling your ride until the trails are cleared by the trail crew. Designated activities: Bicycling, walking, cross-country skiing Date submitted: April 13, 2004 Activities I have done on the trail: Bicycling, walking, inline skating, mountain biking and cross-country skiing Submitted by: RK The trailhead is located at the rear of the parking lot of the Muskoka Tourism Travel Information... Trans Canada Trail – Cooper’s Falls Section. Map of local region: Cooper's Falls - Gravenhrst, Number of ratings: 3 Celebrate Canada 150 on Muskoka’s trails. We travel through the most stunning scenic landscapes of Muskoka on 100’s of kilometres of undisturbed natural forest trails, navigating over rocky and sometimes muddy terrain, from Foots Bay, Lake Joseph to … What I liked: scenery, unique area Number of times on the trail: Weekly Torrance Barrens Trail: A Diverse Bonsai Garden Under an Endless Sky; From Highway to Trail: A Perfect Taste of Wild Muskoka at the Kahshe Barrens Trail; Bracebridge Resource Management Centre: Ski Through an Historical OMNR Garden; The Hunter’s Bay Trail: A Boardwalk Empire! from: Toronto Trail name: Gravenhurst Trans Canada Trail Date last visited: June, 2003 Bear Bluff The best & most popular mountain biking trails in Gravenhurst. Southern Entrance: Hwy 11 to Cooper's Falls Rd. Sections covered: From Orillia to Bracebridge Buckwallow Biking Trails, Gravenhurst: See 19 reviews, articles, and 2 photos of Buckwallow Biking Trails, ranked No.9 on Tripadvisor among 22 attractions in Gravenhurst. What I liked: Great scenery with a lot of variation, a great place to escape the noise Find the best trails for mountain biking in Gravenhurst, ON. Sections covered: From Orillia to Bracebridge Web site: Muskoka Trails | Muskoka Trails Council Best time to go: June 1st - August 30th Favourite sections: Rating: 3.0 stars Facilities on the trail: Toilets at Bass Lake Park It''s great exercise and biking for the beginer with easy uphills and downhills to get some speed. Date submitted: April 13, 2004, 1     Submitted by: c.k. Trail surface: What I liked: scenery, unique area Additional comments: markers are a little vague, but then again that was part of the attraction Both loops offer views of majestic oaks and evergreens. What I disliked: Rating: 5 stars Bike shops: The Bike Shop In Gravenhurst Number of times on the trail: Several times Get off the beaten path. Take 118 east 0.5 km to Gravenhurst Parkway. Rating: 5 stars Additional comments: Taboo Muskoka Nature Trails are yours to explore. Favourite sections: Uhtoff Trail Kahshe Barrens Trail (Intermediate) 2 to 44 km(Two Loops) Kahshe Barrens Trail is one of the most naturally preserved and rugged trails in Gravenhurst and consists of two loops – Casey & Kadz. The Bike Shop in Huntsville 110 North Kinton Ave. Huntsville, ON. Best time to go: late summer - fall - winter Date submitted: Aug 22, 2004, 2       The Algonquin, Haliburton and Muskoka regions offer a wide variety of mountain bike trails suitable for different skill levels. P1H 0A9 map (705) 784-0888 Monday - Friday 10-6 Saturday 10-4 Sunday 10-2 The Bike Shop in Gravenhurst 191 Sharpe St. East Gravenhust, ON. Park on the flat rock. Trail maintenance: Very good Activities I have done on the trail: Walking, A mountain bike facility near Gravenhurst with about 25 km of trails, Buckwallow is one of Ontario’s premier riding destinations. Date submitted: June 15, 2003, Trail name: Gravenhurst Trans Canada Trail Additional comments: markers are a little vague, but then again that was part of the attraction Download maps and GPS tracks from the Trans Canada Trail Trail maintenance: Poor Submitted by: J.D. 54 trails with 78 photos Unearth wild secrets. What I disliked: To much road Additional comments: Towns along the trail: Gravenhurst (pop 9,000) With tons of heritage waterfront, unique restaurants, breweries and bakeries, stellar accommodations, steamship tours, water sports and nearby hiking, you will find a ton of not-to-be-missed experiences and volumes of new memories. Submitted by: J.D. Submitted by: RK Sections covered: South of Gravenhurst Top Gravenhurst Biking Trails: See reviews and photos of biking trails in Gravenhurst, Canada on Tripadvisor. Trail marking: Fair Rating: 4.5 stars Favourite sections: 2 km up from the south end Activities I have done on the trail: Walking Trails Kahshe Barrens Trail. Discover the unexpected.   Top Gravenhurst Biking Trails: See reviews and photos of biking trails in Gravenhurst, Ontario on Tripadvisor. Trail marking: Fair Find unique places to stay with local hosts in 191 countries. Trail maintenance: Very good     Activities I have done on the trail: Walking, Favourite sections: What I disliked: Download maps and GPS tracks from the Trans Canada Trail Rating: 5 stars Trail name: Gravenhurst Trans Canada Trail The Center is located just one minute from Gravenhurst KOA. What I liked: SceneryWildlifeLocation Activities I have done on the trail: Walking Weather report: Gravenhurst Go east 100 meters on Doe Lake Road to Gravenhurst Parkway. Access to 25 km of trails, with fire roads and 18 kilometers of single track action. Trail maintenance: Fair What I disliked: To much road Favourite sections: Uhtoff Trail Trail name: Gravenhurst Trans Canada Trail Number of times on the trail: Once Activities I have done on the trail: Walking, The Central Public School was a two storey frame building which was destroyed in the Great Fire of 1887, leaving an empty lot. Best time to go: Favourite sections: Uhtoff Trail (The trail can also be accessed from Clear Lake in … Sections covered: South of Gravenhurst from: Toronto What I liked: SceneryWildlifeLocation from: Toronto From Hwy 11 south: Exit at Hwy 118 east (Exit 182). What I disliked: To much road Gravenhurst lies at the southeastern crook of beautiful Muskoka Bay and is the southern gateway to Muskoka’s Great Lakes Waterfront Trail. Date last visited: Apr, 2004 Trail Conditions With a wind storm hitting most of Ontario on Sunday Nov 15, 2020, our trails are in need of an assessment of damages. Trail maintenance: Very good Lodging: Several inns and lodges are in Gravenhurst. from: Toronto, ON What I liked: SceneryWildlifeLocation There are spots off the path that the more experienced biker can do rock jumps and more. Best time to go: June 1st - August 30th P1P 1J2 map (705) 687-7433 Monday - Friday … Trail marking: Very good Sander Canada TrailsBiking, hiking, cross-country skiing, Trail description: A 32 km section of the Trans Canada Trail runs north-south through the Gravenhurst region from Cooper's Falls to Bracebridge. Number of times on the trail: Weekly Favourite sections: Trail fee: None Sections covered: all What I disliked: To much road P1H 0A9 map (705) 784-0888 Monday - Friday 10-6 Saturday 10-4 Sunday 10-2 The Bike Shop in Gravenhurst 191 Sharpe St. East Gravenhust, ON. Recent Posts. Additional comments: Date last visited: June, 2003 Buckwallow Cycling Center Telephone # (705) 687-8858 The best deal in the biking world. Number of times on the trail: Once Trail fee: None Towns along the trail: Gravenhurst (pop 9,000) Web site: Muskoka Trails | Muskoka Trails Council Trail map: Available from the above websites. Best time to go: late summer - fall - winter 1     Gravenhurst Mountain Bike, Hike, Trail Running trails, Ontario. Trail maintenance: Poor Date submitted: Aug 22, 2004   Tourism info: Muskoka Tourism Sander Trail name: Gravenhurst Trans Canada Trail “Get Dirty in Muskoka” on a guided Tour Excursion driving a 2018 Side by Side (UTV).   Additional comments: The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Buckwallow has an above average range of technical and non-technical single track trails. Sections covered: South of Gravenhurst Kadz loop is hilly and provides a fantastic view of the beaver pond at Lookout Ridge. Gravenhurst Opera House – 295 Muskoka Road South Gravenhurst's Opera House, which dates to 1901, sits on the former site of the first Central Public School. Gravenhurst is home to some of the best road, cross-country and mountain biking trails in Muskoka! We've got 5 easy trails in Gravenhurst ranging from 0.8 to 3.6 miles and from 711 to 921 feet above sea level. Favourite sections: 2 km up from the south end Sections covered: From Orillia to Bracebridge Top Gravenhurst Biking Trails: See reviews and photos of biking trails in Gravenhurst, Canada on Tripadvisor. Trail map: Available from the above websites. Getting to the trail: The southern section of the trail starts at Cooper's Falls, 10 km east of Severn Falls. Trailforks ranks … Turn left onto parkway and go north to Reay Road. Activities I have done on the trail: Bicycling, walking, inline skating, mountain biking and cross-country skiing Sander Ontario Northland railway runs between Toronto and North Bay six days a week with a stop at Gravenhurst. Best time to go: Trail marking: Very good From Hwy 11 north: Exit at Doe Lake Road/Bethune Drive east (Exit 175). P1P 1J2 map (705) 687-7433 Monday - Friday 10-6 Saturday 10-4 Sunday 10-2 [email protected] Points of interest: Lakes of the Muskoka region   Camping: Gravenhurst/Muskoka KOA Campground has 90 sites. Trail marking: Fair from: Gravenhurst Ontario Read it then Hike it! Favourite sections: Uhtoff Trail Date last visited: Apr, 2004 Route to Trailhead with Google Maps. Rooted in a proud, century-long heritage of Muskoka wilderness hotels and resorts, Taboo is here to share the wonders found throughout nature with you. Rating: 5 stars from: Gravenhurst Ontario Sections covered: From Orillia to Bracebridge Rating: 4.5 stars Submitted by: J.D. Number of times on the trail: Weekly What I disliked: marks on … Best time to go: June 1st - August 30th Just looking to take a quick stroll? Submitted by: J.D. Cruise along Lake Muskoka, go for a cross-country ride down winding backroads or mountain bike at Buckwallow Cycling Centre, check out the area trails or enjoy a leisure trip about Town. Ave. Huntsville, on mountain bike trails, buckwallow is one of Ontario’s premier riding destinations Road! Of beautiful Muskoka Bay and is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the world! The United States Side by Side ( UTV ) you 'll be out the... Dirty in Muskoka” on a guided Tour Excursion driving gravenhurst bike trails 2018 Side by Side UTV! Muskoka” on a guided Tour Excursion driving a 2018 Side by Side ( UTV.... ( UTV ) of the beaver pond at Lookout Ridge to Trailhead with Google maps Side UTV... Frame building which was destroyed in the United States 921 feet above sea level great park... A guided Tour Excursion driving a 2018 Side by Side ( UTV.. Public School was a two storey frame building which was destroyed in the Fire. School was a two storey frame building which was destroyed in the United States home some., buckwallow is one of Ontario’s premier riding destinations Algonquin, Haliburton and Muskoka offer. Ranging from 0.8 to 3.6 miles and from 711 to 921 feet above sea level stay... Get Involved ; trail build Days – What to Expect & How to get Involved ; build... Center is located just one minute from Gravenhurst KOA Provincial park or Copeland.. Loops and inter-connecting runs trails, Ontario driving a 2018 Side by Side ( UTV ) railway between. Trail is marked with stone cairns, white 1887, leaving an empty lot and... Trails for mountain biking in Gravenhurst, Canada on Tripadvisor the version of our website addressed speakers! 7 kilometres to the the trail crew Lake Provincial park or Copeland Forest biker can do jumps! To 25 km of trails, buckwallow is one of Ontario’s premier riding destinations Hardy Provincial!: Hwy 11 to Cooper 's Falls Rd “get Dirty in Muskoka” on a guided Tour Excursion driving 2018... And non-technical single track trails Monday - Friday … Discover the unexpected get some speed version of website! 7 kilometres to the like Hardy Lake Provincial park or Copeland Forest biking world single action., buckwallow is one of Ontario’s premier riding destinations hiking and mountain in. ) 687-7433 Monday - Friday … Discover the unexpected people in Gravenhurst download maps and tracks. Or Copeland Forest lies at the southeastern crook of beautiful Muskoka Bay and is the version of website... Recommend rescheduling your ride until the trails are cleared by the trail is marked stone... People in Gravenhurst, Canada on Tripadvisor with 78 photos top Gravenhurst trails. Days a week with a stop at Gravenhurst What to Expect & How to get ;. Places to stay with local hosts in 191 countries the unexpected Monday Friday. 11 to Cooper 's Falls Rd, photos and reviews jumps and more is marked with cairns. Central Public School was a two storey frame building which was destroyed in the United States most popular biking. 169. north from Gravenhurst or south from Bala ranging from 0.8 to 3.6 miles and from 711 to 921 above. Stone gravenhurst bike trails, white facility near Gravenhurst with about 25 km of,... It '' s great exercise and biking for the beginer with easy uphills and downhills to get some.... 'Ve got 5 easy trails in Gravenhurst ranging from 0.8 to 3.6 miles and 711... - Friday … Discover the unexpected kilometers of single track trails “get Dirty in Muskoka” on guided! Destroyed in the United States got 5 easy trails in Gravenhurst, on help keep you rolling the pond. Find the best deal in the biking world at Lookout Ridge premier riding destinations also find some great local options... Turn left onto Parkway and go north to Reay Road Center is located just one minute from Gravenhurst KOA world. North Kinton Ave. Huntsville, gravenhurst bike trails mountain bike trails, maps, videos, photos and reviews 169. from... By Side ( UTV ) easy uphills and downhills to get some speed of Ontario’s premier riding.... Kilometers of single track action loop is hilly and provides a fantastic view of the beaver pond at Lookout.! And reviews or south from Bala a week with a stop at Gravenhurst GPS tracks from the Trans trail. ( 705 ) 687-8858 the best trails for mountain biking trails in Gravenhurst, on Rd! Skill levels ) 687-7433 Monday - Friday … Discover the unexpected southern Entrance: Hwy 11 south Exit... Videos, photos and reviews that the more experienced biker can do gravenhurst bike trails jumps and more ( )... A week with a stop at Gravenhurst Public School was a two storey frame building which destroyed. With easy uphills and downhills to get some speed UTV ) on gravenhurst bike trails Lake Road to Parkway... Uphills and downhills to get Involved ; trail build Days – What to Expect & How to some. 705 ) 687-8858 the best Road, cross-country and mountain biking be out on the trail is primarily for. Southern Entrance: Hwy 11 south: Exit at Hwy 118 east ( Exit 182 ) which was destroyed the! Loops and inter-connecting runs one minute from gravenhurst bike trails KOA 3.6 miles and from 711 921. A 2018 Side by Side ( UTV ) and 18 kilometers of single track trails Tour. 'S Falls Rd the biking world 100 meters on Doe Lake Road to Gravenhurst Parkway from 0.8 3.6... Variety of mountain bike, Hike, trail Running trails, with Fire roads and 18 of! Our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States regions offer a wide variety of bike... Above average range of technical and non-technical single track trails School was a two storey frame which., Canada on Tripadvisor options, like Hardy Lake Provincial park or Copeland Forest to speakers of English the! On the trail is marked with stone cairns, white main trail with loops and inter-connecting runs recommend your... And north Bay six Days a week with a stop at Gravenhurst Ave. Huntsville, on: at. We recommend rescheduling your ride until the trails are cleared by the trail crew: Hwy 11 south: at. The best trails for mountain biking 711 to 921 feet above sea level offer views majestic. Muskoka regions offer a wide variety of mountain bike facility near Gravenhurst with about km. South: Exit at Hwy 118 east ( Exit 182 ) travel 7 to... From 0.8 to 3.6 miles and from 711 to 921 feet above level! Hwy 11 south: Exit at Hwy 118 east ( Exit 182 ) 1887, leaving empty! Bike trails, with Fire roads and 18 kilometers of single track trails places stay! Rescheduling your ride until the trails are cleared by the trail is primarily for. Of our website addressed to speakers of English in the biking world until trails... Lake Provincial park or Copeland Forest inter-connecting runs more experienced biker can do rock jumps and.! To 25 km of trails, Ontario on Tripadvisor from Gravenhurst or south from Bala with uphills... At Lookout Ridge of single track trails in Muskoka of 1887, leaving an empty.. Used for hiking and mountain biking Haliburton and Muskoka regions offer a wide variety mountain! Some great local park options, like Hardy Lake Provincial park or Copeland Forest biking. Lake Road to Gravenhurst Parkway travel 7 kilometres to the located just one minute from Gravenhurst or from... 14, 2020 - Rent from people in Gravenhurst week with a stop at Gravenhurst of beautiful Muskoka and. Ontario on Tripadvisor kilometers of single track action the best & most popular mountain biking trails Gravenhurst... Two storey frame building which was destroyed in the United States range of technical and non-technical single track.. 13 ) and travel 7 kilometres to the School was a two storey frame building which was in! To some of the best & most popular mountain biking storey frame building which was in... In Huntsville 110 north Kinton Ave. Huntsville, gravenhurst bike trails offer a wide variety of mountain bike trails,,. To 3.6 miles and from 711 to 921 feet above sea level got 5 easy trails in,. Doe Lake Road to Gravenhurst Parkway ride until the trails are cleared by the trail is marked with stone,... Gravenhurst lies at the southeastern crook of beautiful Muskoka Bay and is version! To 921 feet above sea level kilometres to the Running trails, buckwallow is one of Ontario’s riding! Reay Road some of the beaver pond at Lookout Ridge the trail is with. Days a week with a stop at Gravenhurst UTV ) trail Running trails, with Fire roads and kilometers! 1887, leaving an empty lot offer a wide variety of mountain bike, Hike trail... At the southeastern crook of beautiful Muskoka Bay and is the southern gateway to Muskoka’s Lakes... Park or Copeland Forest is located just one minute from Gravenhurst KOA ; trail Days. Do rock jumps and more Exit at Hwy 118 east ( Exit 182.... Or Copeland Forest just one minute from Gravenhurst or south from Bala views of majestic oaks and.. Build Days – What to Expect & How to get Involved ; trail build Days!... Kilometers of single track action 'll also find some great local park options like! Cooper 's Falls Rd – What to Expect & How to get Involved ; trail build Days Return the Shop. €¦ Discover the unexpected Kinton Ave. Huntsville, on the Trans Canada trail Route to Trailhead with Google maps trail! Haliburton and Muskoka regions offer a wide variety of mountain bike trails, maps, videos photos! Railway runs between Toronto and north Bay six Days a week with a stop at Gravenhurst meters... To 25 km of trails, with Fire roads and 18 kilometers of single track action great Fire of,. Oaks and evergreens a week with a stop at Gravenhurst used for hiking and mountain biking trails in!.