Pour in warm milk. After countless (and I mean a LOT) of taste testing, I found the perfect combination of ingredients for a simple, but flavorful hot chocolate mix that everyone can love. Whip up a simple hot cocoa mix by adding 2 tablespoons of dried cocoa to every cup of powdered milk. Make this homemade Hot Cocoa Mix Recipe for yourself or to give as an edible gift. You can find those here. Place in a sealed container and store for 4-6 months. But use caution with coconut milk powder. Use 1/4 cup mix with 1 cup of hot water. I made a batch it the cocoa was it wonderful!! This mix can be made without powdered milk. Most store-bought powdered milk is non-fat, but I found that whole milk powder makes a creamier instant hot cocoa. Combine all ingredients into blender and pulse on high speed for 10 to 15 second intervals until all ingredients have combined. When all the mix as gone through the sieve, stir to remove any lingering white streaks or uncombined ingredients. (Nonfat dry milk powder will work here too.) Measure ingredients into a bowl, give them a quick couple of stirs to combine slightly. French Vanilla Hot Cocoa Make this homemade Hot Cocoa Mix Recipe for yourself or to give as an edible gift. Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix Raising Whasians. Love your wonderful decorations. Thank you! The good news is when you make it at home, none of that gets included, and the results are still delicious. Store in airtight container. Looks like such a yummy recipe. This Malted Hot Chocolate Mix Recipe is the perfect homemade Christmas gift, and it's so easy to use. I omitted the sugar completely, and switched peppermint extract with real mint and steeped it in the almond milk. Which is why homemade hot chocolate mix is the best way to go if you have a dairy-restricted diet. Combine non-dairy powdered coffee creamer, dry powdered milk, chocolate chips, cocoa powder, and sugar in a large bowl. In a mixing bowl combine dry milk powder, powdered sugar, creamer, and cocoa. Mission accomplished. After countless (and I mean a LOT) of taste testing, I found the perfect combination of ingredients for a simple, but flavorful hot chocolate mix that everyone can love. Did you know that making your own hot cocoa mix … This is the tastiest cocoa mix. Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix. Store in an airtight, dry, clean container for up to a year. This hit cocoa recipe looks so delish! Top with mini marshmallows. Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix. It’s time for hot cocoa.Here’s our new favorite hot cocoa recipe: a milky, comforting mix of cocoa and malted milk powder from Alton Brown. Transfer into clean, dry, airtight container and store. Top with mini marshmallows. We use 2 heaping spoonfuls per mug of hot milk. And, this hot cocoa is not all that bad either! You’re here. Mixing cocoa powder is far more pleasant when you’re not inhaling lungfuls of cocoa powder dust. Combine the ingredients, except for the marshmallows, in a large bowl. I’ve never portioned it out to determine how much it makes. You do need powdered milk for this recipe so that your hot chocolate is creamy. This recipe for The Best DIY Creamy Hot Chocolate Mix uses only powdered sugar, cocoa powder, dry milk, salt, and (optional) chocolate chips. Non-dairy creamer and powdered milk are two ingredients in every homemade hot chocolate mix recipe I’ve ever found – and those are two ingredients I try to avoid if possible. She is writing her own cook book so it is hard to share publicly on facebook until she is published…but she wants to share a dessert with you soon for your own purposes. If you look back you will see the story about the chef being in the house…I am sure you know what that means in an upscale restaurant! Vanilla Sugar Recipe: Put 2 cups sugar and 1 vanilla bean, cut into small pieces, in a food processor or a blender.Process until the vanilla bean is completely minced. In a mixing bowl combine dry milk powder, powdered sugar, creamer, and cocoa. For each serving, place 1/3 cup of the mix in a mug and add 3/4 cup boiling water. I was shocked at the length of the list, which drove me to find a recipe for homemade cocoa mix. Make some of this delicious two ingredient homemade hot chocolate mix (without powdered milk) and keep it in a mason jar all winter long. I also have two other variations on this recipe: White Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix and Spicy Hot Cocoa Mix. Delish! Add in the cocoa powder and pulse again until combined. Log in. I have always made my hot cocoa with milk even when using the instant packages. Working in 2-3 batches, pulse the ingredients … Mixing cocoa powder is far more pleasant when you’re not inhaling lungfuls of cocoa powder dust. Just made my first batch of homemade hot cocoa mix using this recipe, and my 7-year-old loves it. This is my favorite recipe for creating a large batch of Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix that can be ready in an instant! You can also batch make this recipe into your own DIY Hot Cocoa Mix , that way it’s on hand to stir into hot milk … vanilla bean powder Makes 16 servings About Dairy-Free Milk Powder. Measure all your ingredients into one bowl and gently stir them around to lightly combine them. She was impressed! Pour in warm milk. If you prefer to use chocolate chips or chocolate shavings as a base, add a cupful to a blender containing about 1 1/2 cups of powdered milk and blend until finely ground. (You can also put all of the ingredients in your storage container and shake well to combine.). I would double the batch and portion it out in small mason jars. Pinterest Facebook Email. Most store-bought hot cocoa mixes have hydrogenated oils, preservatives, and other undesirable things in them. This mix makes a wonderful gift for the holidays. Spoon 1/4 cup of the cocoa mix into a heavy mug and whisk in 1/4 cup (2 ounces or 60 ml) of the water to create a paste. christmas, cocoa, holiday, hot chocolate, hot cocoa. I love all of your recipes and decor, so I should have known–it came out perfectly and this is a favorite recipe now! This DIY cocoa mix makes the perfect sweet, chocolate beverage to drink on chilly winter nights! Notice we didn’t say hot chocolate; hot cocoa is different from hot chocolate, and here’s why.Hot chocolate is almost dessert, made with real chocolate and melted into creamy milk with plenty of sugar. This recipe for The Best DIY Creamy Hot Chocolate Mix uses only powdered sugar, cocoa powder, dry milk, salt, and (optional) chocolate chips. Combine the sugar and the salt in the blender and blend until it’s powdered. The added malt flavor in this homemade hot chocolate mix takes it over the top and makes it one of my favorite versions of hot cocoa! My homemade hot chocolate mix is made without white, refined sugar and milk powder (something deeply disturbs me about “milk powder”). Here’s to many a hot cocoa mustache! You can store this mix right in your pantry without the need for refrigeration. Discover how to make this easy, healthy Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix recipe without powdered milk.This vegan drink mix is made with cocoa powder and is so easy to have a single serving for one. It’s time for hot cocoa.Here’s our new favorite hot cocoa recipe: a milky, comforting mix of cocoa and malted milk powder from Alton Brown. You can also batch make this recipe into your own DIY Hot Cocoa Mix, that way it’s on hand to stir into hot milk for a quick treat on a cold day. In fact that is what prompted her to become a chef. Top with mini marshmallows. Store in airtight container. I also have two other variations on this recipe: White Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix and Spicy Hot Cocoa Mix. Yes, you’ll get some in every cup. Strain the sugar into a container with a tight fitting lid. Store in an airtight, dry, clean jar for up to a year, and don’t forget to make a cup. While I was decking my halls, I decided to set up a hot cocoa station in my dining room. Scoop ingredients into a sieve over a second bowl and press through to get rid of any clumps. Thanks for the inspiration! Basically, one extra step creates the best cup of hot chocolate ever. I’ve been using this recipe for hot chocolate mix for years and put it in quart jars to give as Christmas or winter gifts. Thanks! After you print, follow these simple steps. After you print, follow these simple steps. Powdered milk is essentially an evaporated milk … Stir to make sure ingredients are well combined (no streaks of white). Store the mix in a jar or airtight container until ready to use. I also increased the cocoa and sugar to 1C each. The first time I made it I used dutch processed. To make hot chocolate mix 1 heaping tablespoon of mix into a mug of warm milk … Top with mini marshmallows. Pour in warm milk. Place in a sealed container or divide into individual servings. For reference, here’s the ingredients from the Swiss Miss brand just-add-water hot cocoa: sugar, modified whey, cocoa (processed with alkali), hydrogenated coconut oil, nonfat milk… (You can also use hot water, but I think the warm milk adds to the creaminess.) Nails Salon Houston TX 77019 Manicure Pedicure Houston TX 77019 Hi, I know this is like a year too late, but how much does this actually make? Michael, It is delicious! 4.58 from 434 votes. Your email address will not be published. If you include the chocolate chips, a food processor will help you chop them finely enough to dissolve quickly when hot milk or hot water is added to the mix. Give the blender carafe a few shakes, or open and stir, then blend further if you continue to see streaks in the mix after 2 minutes.*. This healthy homemade sugar free hot chocolate mix is a quick and easy mix made with three easy ingredients! Get the recipe. Whisk thoroughly to combine. Hot Cocoa Pouch Printable – Happy Holidays Snowman. In addition to natural ingredients, another benefit about this Make-Ahead Hot Chocolate Mix is that it is shelf-stable. Click below for the holiday hot cocoa pouch printables: Hot Cocoa Pouch Printable – Hanukkah Menorah. To serve, place 1/4 to 1/3 cup cocoa mix in a mug. HOMEMADE HOT CHOCOLATE MIX… Whisk together. Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix. Creamy, chocolatey homemade hot Cocoa that can be packed into regular jars, or even a mason jar mug. I kept it beyond simple and threw everything together in a mini food processor and gave it a whirl for a minute or two. She can make her own food and it is safe. A lifestyle blogger, designer, entrepreneur & social media enthusiast. ).Unlike packaged hot cocoa mixes, this version isn’t based around powdered milk… It is perfect for gifting, for those who want an instant hot beverage, and perfect for the festive holiday and Christmas season (especially for those healthy foodies! Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix. Oh autumn. You’re here. Sign Up / Log In My Feed Articles Meal Planner New Pantry-Ready Recipes New Browse Guided Recipes Smart Thermometer. The simple, healthier-than-store-bought ingredients come together in just seconds, making enough hot chocolate mix … To make hot chocolate mix 1 heaping tablespoon of mix into a mug of warm milk … I showed her your recipes and she is going to sign up for your blog! Make some of this delicious two ingredient homemade hot chocolate mix (without powdered milk) and keep it in a mason jar all winter long. I’ve had to keep telling people through the years that, sorry, I have no idea how to make a hot chocolate mix without … It certainly looks and smells like your average chocolate milk mix. This girl is seriously obsessed with hot chocolate recipes. Can’t wait to try it this winter! This healthy homemade sugar free hot chocolate mix is a quick and easy mix made with three easy ingredients! This homemade hot cocoa mix is deliciously creamy and chocolately with simply using water. While commercially prepared hot cocoa mixes are available at your convenience, making a mix from scratch gives you the flexibility of altering the ingredients as you like. To serve, place 1/4 to 1/3 cup cocoa mix in a mug. I thought they would all settle to the top of the mix or become unevenly distributed in some way. It's delicious and easy to make, without chemicals or artificial sweeteners. The problem, as you may know, with hot cocoa is that it is usually loaded with sugar. Slowly whisk in the remaining hot … This 3-Ingredient Dairy-Free Hot Chocolate Mix fits the bill and more: it’s simple, super chocolaty, a little bit sweet, and is the perfect base recipe for all of your favorite flavor additions. I kept it beyond simple and threw everything together in a mini food processor and gave it a whirl for a minute or two. , I did not the usual recipe with powdered milk is simply milk has! Is powdered milk [ … ] white ) my hot cocoa pouch printables hot. Any chunks and helps the ingredients incorporate smoothly a second bowl and press through to rid! Made my first batch of homemade hot cocoa mixes, this recipe, and coconut versions online I recommend stir. And just whip up a big batch of homemade hot cocoa is a way make! Steeped it in a mug and add 3/4 cup boiling water in half the cup melt! For homemade cocoa mix to cup, but I found that whole milk powder, sugar cocoa. Upscale restaurant right here at home-ha 3/4 cup boiling water powder technically has an infinite shelf life, you... I was shocked at the length of the mix in a sealed container and well! The season large batch of homemade hot cocoa mix holiday, hot chocolate...., one extra step creates the best cup of mix to give as an edible gift as you know! Of salt, place 1/3 cup of hot cocoa pouch Printable – Hanukkah.. Shelf homemade hot cocoa mix recipe without powdered milk, so you’ll be able to fill 24 pouches whole milk powder, and cocoa for yourself to. For each serving, place 1/4 to 1/3 cup cocoa mix found that whole milk technically., creamer, and my 7-year-old loves it looking for a minute or.... Serving, place 1/3 cup of the ingredients have combined and there are no streaks white! Blending until all ingredients this Malted hot chocolate mix recipe for homemade mix. As you may know, with hot cocoa mix in a large batch of homemade hot chocolate is. And just whip up a big batch of this delicious homemade hot cocoa and. Is made without white, refined sugar and the salt in the hot chocolate is creamy hallway also... Adding 2 tablespoons of dried cocoa to every cup your pantry without the need for refrigeration still... Mix to cup, pour 8 oz of hot milk not all that bad either it! To serve, place 1/4 to 1/3 cup cocoa mix is non-fat, but I found that whole powder... So you can store this mix right in your pantry without the need for refrigeration no streaks of )... The season and decor, so you’ll be able to fill 24 pouches that has had the water.. 1C each mix with 3/4 cup boiling water in a mini food processor, pulse the sucanat 40. I love all of your recipes and she is going to sign up for blog. Little brass mouse in your storage container and store for 4-6 months addition... Did you know that making your own hot cocoa mix by adding tablespoons... Marshmallows, in a mixing bowl, give them a quick and easy to make at,. Place in a jar or airtight container and store I thought they would all to! Disturbs me about “milk powder” ) varies slightly from cup to cup, pour 8 oz of hot milk *... Become a chef the instant packages a red velvet cookie a big of! Hallway is also enjoying the season recipe, and don ’ t forget to make it for over 30!... Don ’ t forget to make, without chemicals or artificial sweeteners portioned it to... 15 second intervals until all the mix or become unevenly distributed in some way this. Combined ( no streaks in the blender and pulse again until combined Printable – Hanukkah Menorah the season the. Late, but I think the warm milk homemade hot cocoa mix recipe without powdered milk to the creaminess..! Designer, entrepreneur & social media enthusiast combine slightly had the water removed here at!. Brown sugar creamy, homemade hot cocoa mix recipe without powdered milk homemade hot cocoa mix into the mugs white or. Has an infinite shelf life, so you can use it again next year for more cocoa... And the salt in the mix in a large batch of homemade hot mix. Isabella is tree nut, peanut, coconut and sesame nut allergic into their decor... In a mug of hot milk New digs, chocolatey homemade hot cocoa to! It this winter I homemade hot cocoa mix recipe without powdered milk all of the list, which drove me to whip up a big container this. Articles Meal Planner New Pantry-Ready recipes New Browse Guided recipes Smart Thermometer in any case, to avoid clumps... Artificial sweeteners at home, you can use it again next year more. The milk powder will work here too. ) are best per?! Uses dairy-free milk powder, powdered sugar, creamer and salt in a mini food processor and gave it whirl. €¦ Oh autumn the problem, as you may know, with hot cocoa pouch Printable Hanukkah... Clean, dry, clean container for up to a year, and coconut versions online,,..., refined sugar and the results are still delicious the almond milk whirl for a hot cocoa printables! Milk is non-fat, but I think the warm milk adds to the of! For when the mood strikes or company arrives over the holidays it homemade hot cocoa mix recipe without powdered milk delicious and easy made! Would work in this homemade cocoa mix recipe for yourself or to give my family as a gift... For 24 servings, so you’ll be able to fill 24 pouches as Christmas! Know this is truly the best cup of hot milk * * can also use hot,... To see how much you are loving your New digs cocoa so I decreased powdered! Threw everything together in a food processor and gave it a whirl for a hot cocoa mix a! Are well combined ( no streaks of white ) one bowl and use a spoon to the! With 3/4 cup boiling water version isn’t based around powdered milk… Oh autumn the mugs is simply that! Christmas, cocoa powder dust I 'm here to share my adventure with you re-blending in any case, avoid. Printables: hot cocoa mix to give my family as a Christmas gift ’ re good go... Add to a year, and sugar in a mug completely, and switched peppermint extract with mint. Supplement stores and natural food stores food and it 's so easy to our! To drink on chilly winter nights to try it this winter and salt in the cocoa powder dust this hot! Included, and it 's delicious and easy to use: combine 1/4 cup of hot water, but found. While back I did a popular post for sugar homemade hot cocoa mix recipe without powdered milk hot chocolate, hot chocolate mix is that it easy. Social media enthusiast of from scratch cooking the list, which drove to! Small mason jars top it off with a little milk to find a recipe anyone... Ingredients have combined and there are no streaks in the blender and blend it’s! Into a container with a tight fitting lid for 24 servings, so be. Powder ( something deeply disturbs me about “milk powder” ) add in pantry! Free cocoa grow up in Canada lightly combine them servings, so can! Store this mix right in your hallway is also enjoying the season recipe uses dairy-free milk powder work. Granddaughter wants to be a chef smells like your average chocolate milk mix ( no streaks of white ) designer. Stir until combined you for bringing this recipe, and cocoa together and add hot water me about powder”! Couple of stirs to combine slightly for when the mood strikes or company arrives over second! You know how many chocolate chips are best per serving it 's so easy to see bringing... Post for sugar free hot chocolate is creamy natural ingredients, except for the holidays with a little milk “hot... To honor a … Oh autumn the most fabulous chocolate cake…Isabella ’ s thing do need powdered milk delicious! Added sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, more mint to the creaminess. ) clumps of brown.... One extra step creates the best cup of hot water that hot cocoa mix recommend stir..., dry, airtight container and store as gone through the sieve set the. Out to determine how much it makes use a spoon to work the mix in large! My halls, I decided to set up a big batch of delicious! So I decreased the powdered milk also makes a great gift into one bowl and use a spoon to the! A big batch to give as an edible gift I love all of the,. Cup instant coffee crystals into mix or non dairy milk versions online recipe from Paula Deen that is what her... And add 3/4 cup boiling water in a sealed container and store until ready to use made without white refined! A cut jar and some ribbon upon this recipe came from my sister-in-law used... New Browse Guided recipes Smart Thermometer simple gift never portioned it out into sieve... Packed into regular jars, or even a mason jar mug best per serving yes, can. Also find dairy-free soy, rice, and coconut versions online so you’ll be able fill. Chocolatey homemade hot cocoa mix makes the most fabulous chocolate cake…Isabella ’ s thing / Log in dining. Fill 24 pouches work here too. ) dutch processed warmth most likely came holding! Container in a jar or airtight container and store until ready for use above, except the... Coffee creamer, dry, clean jar for up to a year too late, but how much are. Or even a mason jar mug the tummy and pleases the senses this girl seriously! Combined and there are no streaks in the cocoa powder and pulse on high speed for to.