We use a service called Talkscribe. When that message appears the play back triangle and the message bar are grayed out and the message length shows 0.00 to 0.00 even though the caller has actually left a message. Got a Like for Re: iPhone voicemail transcription not working. ; If you don't see the option for transcriptions, go into About and let us know which OS it's running. -- Not Available 1. When I get voicemails about 50% of the time I get a message on the voicemail screen of my Iphone 6S that says "Transcription not available". This will -not- delete any voicemail messages; it will only reset the app itself. If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. I have an open ticket with Apple as well, hopefully next week the engineers at Apple can remedy this crisis. I restored from a backup and my voicemail were all still there (including their transcriptions in the phone app). Messages go to text and email. It's not cheap but the accuracy is way better than automatic transcription because humans do it. The Verizon Wireless Web site states that this is a feature of the Premium version of this feature: However, we have not been able to get the transcription service to work. The feature is still in early beta stages, meaning that not everything will transcribe as clearly as you may want. Update to the latest iOS version. If the site loads, … I noticed that both my wife's phone and my own we're no longer displaying the transcriptions for the voicemails. Voicemail Transcription: Discreetly read voicemails without listening to them 2. Reset Network Settings. So i just made the switch from AT&T to Verizon. Got a Like for iPhone voicemail transcription not working. Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. Also, the transcription is never very accurate. Important calls can often slip through the cracks. MarcusS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. Are you using the Verizon Voicemail app from the Play Store? We specifically ordered the Premium version so that his voicemail messages would automatically be transcribed to text and then sent as text messages to his phone. Same problem here, as well as horrible service everywhere. We called Verizon customer support, and the nice representative guessed that maybe this feature is not supported on his phone. This may fix the issue of voicemail not working on your device. This feature, called visual voicemail, has been on the iPhone since day 1, and is still not often found outside the iPhone ecosystem. When voicemail is not working on your iPhone, a lot of people assume that there’s a problem with their wireless carrier, so they immediately call Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, or another carrier’s customer support hotline. Just follow the steps under "Using Visual Voicemail #8 here >. Check your Internet connections. ; Tap Transcriptions to turn transcriptions on or off. Android supports voicemail transcription but it may be sent as an email, not a text message. Then press the star key (*) 3 times. Same issue here as well! ; Tap Settings. Before using Voicemail to Text, make sure you have set up your voice mailbox. On iPhone 8 and earlier double press the home button. If an app isn't available on your Home screen, swipe left to access the App Library. Flick or drag the Phone app card to top to force quit it. ‎03-09-2017 11:04 a.m. Got a Like for Re: iPhone voicemail transcription not working. Here we’ve rounded up 8 tricks or tips to fix voicemail won’t work on your iPhone in iOS 14/13, hopefully, these will help you out as soon as possible. ‎03-14-2017 12:29 p.m. Got a Like for Re: iPhone voicemail transcription not working. It also provides a transcription of each message that can be sent via text message or email, and allows you to prioritize and archive your messages as you choose. It was right after that that I first tried testing voicemail and noticed transcription didn't work. Fix: Verizon Visual Voicemail not Working If the issue is with your Computer or a Laptop you should try using Restoro which can scan the repositories and replace corrupt and missing files. For clarification, this is the transcription in the iOS 10 phone app, not the Verizon voicemail transcription feature. You have to turn on Siri to get Voicemail transcription. I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. Caller Dependent Greetings: Create personal greetings for a caller or a group of callers 3. Verizon Tech support called Apple Tech support and found out that Voicemail transcription is related to Siri. It worked fine when i was on AT&T! Life doesn't always slow down long enough for you to listen to a voicemail. I came to this thread to find answers which unfortunately none of this worked, so what I did was attempted to change my voicemail password by going to setting> phone>Change Voicemail Password. To set up your voice mailbox: On your phone, tap the Phone app. However, a lot of the time the problem is really caused by a software issue on the iPhone itself. If Voicemail Transcription is not working on your iPhone, check to make sure your phone is running the latest iOS update. However, whenever i get a new voicemail now, i do not get the transcription. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. I had to get a new phone to switch to Verizon, did so, ported the number, and now I don't get the transcriptions at all. Thanks in advance for your help with this! Note: If you do not remember your voicemail pin password, call Verizon. It does make checking your messages much easier though. Don't set up or pay the $2.99 Verizon transcribe service. Read on another forum that Apple initiated a server side fix which took effect on 3/22 which would require restarting your phone to take effect. If you turned off Siri on your iPhone, that may be why voicemail-to-text transcription is not working. Tap the message from the calling party's number… It is a transcription directly in the Verizon Voicemail app and it is only the first 45 seconds of the voicemail that is transcribed. Are you using the Apple application to listen to voicemails or the Verizon application? We have a visual voicemail option in which you receive your messages in the form of text for a cost but this can be opted out of. Verify your device has a data connection–transcription only works when data is on (either WiFi or cellular/mobile) Try connecting with cellular data instead of WiFi or … Then you can check the following tips to fix iPhone voicemail quickly. While the iPhone’s Visual Voicemail sometimes works with the different Tracfone brands, they do not seem to officially support it. If you see under the last column that says Yes for Voicemail to Text the number 4 is not indicated as it is for the iPhone one. I got the exact same phone (iPhone 7 Plus in Jet Black) and i even ported over my number. 3. I'm having the same issues! I completely wiped and restored my phone and set it up as a new phone and it's still not working. My phone is currently updated to iOS 10.2.1 and Apple couldn't find an issue, they said it was a carrier side issue! ... reliable text transcription delivered to your voicemail app or text messaging stream. This morning, 3/23, voicemail transcription is now working again for me. I was asked to restore my phone to factory settings for testing purposes For the next 24 hours. DONWEG8, thank you for your time and patience. How voicemail transcripts work on iPhone I reset my network settings, and nothing. Make sure that your iPhone is connected to the Internet and then test to see if voicemail transcription starts working. Your iPhone will immediately hang-up and this will reset your voicemailbox. You'll typically find it under: settings: then Apps or Applications. It will reset your iPhone network to the factory setting, but will not erase … IPhone 7 plus ported from AT&T running iOS 10.3 beta 7. Force Close and Reopen the Phone App. All of my old voicemails are now transcribing. Is the email account associated with the phone getting emails with the voice transcription? I have the same issue, sounds like the same situation. When I get a solution from the engineer and how to remedy the situation I will post back. Hello, @hlsingler, Thank you for reaching out. ; Tap Menu. Create a voicemail password, then tap Done. I have two iPhone 7 that were previously on AT&T and the transcription voicemail worked perfectly. It is a transcription directly in the Verizon Voicemail app and it is only the first 45 seconds of the voicemail that is transcribed. Can anyone provide instructions for how to get the Voicemail to Text message feature to work? Why won't anyone from  Verizon address this, obliviously it's an issue with the carrier! We'll also go over what to do if Voicemail Transcription is not working on your iPhone. This transcription is handled by Apple for free independent of Verizon. Enter your password again to confirm it, then tap Done. From a Home screen, tap the Messages icon . However, there is no evidence on the Verizon Wireless web site that his phone does not support this capability. To check your connection, open Safari on your iPhone and type macreports.com in the address bar and tap Go. iPhone voicemail transcription not working, Re: iPhone voicemail transcription not working, Sinplynando, we appreciate you joining our family, and we're going to work with you to get this resolved. Here's how to use the voicemail-to-text feature known as Visual Voicemail on your iPhone. Just follow the steps under "Using Visual Voicemail #8 here > http://vz.to/2kMTsb7 If this is not what you are using please clarify. ; Once your voicemail is set up, and you've added Voicemail to Text for iPhone, you'll automatically start receiving your voicemail messages as text messages that you can view in the text messaging app. You will see all the open app cards. In my experience customers using the iPhone with Tracfone’s Verizon towers will sometimes find that they have Visual Voicemail instead of regular voice mail like customers using Tracfone’s ATT or T-Mobile towers. Scroll down to find the Visual Voicemail App. They will be able to reset your voicemail password. For clarification, this is the transcription in the iOS 10 phone app, not the Verizon voicemail transcription feature. To force close the Phone app, on iPhone X and later swipe up and hold. Also are you attempting to get the voicemails with an active 3G/4G cellular data connection? At first glance, it seems unrelated, but Siri’s voice-recognition is a crucial tool for voice-to-text transcription. Transcribed voicemails will be sent as an SMS 5. I have the same problem. Check your cellular network connection and try to call someone. Once you access your voicemail, press 1. 1. We enabled Premium Visual Voicemail on my son's Moto X Pure Edition phone tonight. It's like the feature isn't even there. Also Read: Fix iPhone Won’t Delete Voicemail Messages > Fix iPhone Voicemail Not Working. This works in most cases, where the issue is originated due to a system corruption. Now we'll need to locate the Visual Voicemail App. Did you get anything fixed? Go through Appk support or go to Apple store to get the transcription problem fixed. I too will post when I hear back from Apple! Sinplynando, we appreciate you joining our family, and we're going to work with you to get this resolved. If your iPhone is connected to the Internet, through Wi-Fi and/or a cellular connection, transcription will not work. We have 4 brand new iPhone 7's with this issue. One of iOS 10’s new features, visual voicemail, hopes to expand the easiness of voicemail on iPhone even further, with voicemail transcripts. After that, relaunch it. I know they see these posts but won't do anything! Turn on Siri in the Settings. ‎08-10-2020 06:35 p.m. Posted iPhone voicemail transcription not working on iPhone 7. ‎02-22-2017 10:20 a.m. Go to the Phone app, then tap the Voicemail tab. I had to get a new phone to switch to Verizon, did so, ported the number, and now I don't get the transcriptions at all. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Android devices do qualify for Premium Visual Voicemail, but that no longer includes transcribed messages. That's why Verizon's premium voicemail products allow you to have your voicemails transcribed and delivered as texts so you can read on the go. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer. I switched from at&t with 4 phones. Tap the app, then tap force stop , then confirm . It is not sent as a text message. I was able to contact Apple support and spoke to a tech who gathered report logs from my phone and information and is now being forwarded to an engineer to take a better look at the information and hopefully figure out why this is happening . There are no real settings, it just works most of the time. If you have Visual Voicemail on your Note 10+, you should be able to tell if the device can transcribe voicemail by doing this:. It is not sent as a text message. ; Tap the Voicemail tab and follow the prompts. Apple has a voicemail transcription called Visual Voicemail. I ported my number over from AT&T. Also, the transcription is never very accurate. Tap Set Up Now. Long story short I had to buy new phones for them to work on Verizon's network. at&t it worked seamless. Which would lead me to believe that that is NOT sent via text message. Are you using the Apple application to listen to voicemails or the Verizon application? Visual voicemail simplifies your communication by sending a list of your phone messages to a preferred device. Only the first 45 seconds of each voice message will be transcribed 4. Dial *86 on your iPhone and enter your voicemail password pin. Thanks in advance for your help with this! If this is not what you are using please clarify. If you see under the last column that says Yes for Voicemail to Text the number 4 is not indicated as it is for the iPhone one. But, it works good enough to get the gist of a message without having to hear the audio of it first. Voicemail transcriptions on my iPhone 7 Plus worked fine there. We have a visual voicemail option in which you receive your messages in the form of text for a cost but this can be opted out of. The rest of the Premium Visual Voicemail features appear to work fine. Siri might be responsible for your voice-to-text problems. I don't want to pay to have my voicemail transcribed and sent to me via text, i want the basic iOS app to work as intended. I'm not sure if you've gotten your visual voicemail to work, but I had the same problem when switching my SIM card back to my Verizon SIM. It's like the feature isn't even there. Long story short I'm having the same problem I switch from AT&T to Verizon. I hadn't received a voicemail between 12/27 and 2/11 so I don't know when it stopped working, but I did an erase and restore from backup on 11/5/16 too and a voicemail I … It's amazing how Verizon has no clue how to fix this issue. How can i get this basic feature working? I know you want full access to the voicemail feature you are paying for. Open the AT&T Visual Voicemail app. You can subscribe to Voicemail to Text via My Verizon. You do not need the $2.99 transcribe plan for your iPhone. The voicemail to TEXT MESSAGE (as I am reading the chart) is only on the iPhone. Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. Smh! Get a new phone and it is a crucial tool for voice-to-text transcription i! Iphone 7 Plus in Jet Black ) and i even ported over number... This crisis follow us on Twitter @ VZWSupport if my response 7. ‎02-22-2017 10:20 a.m your messages much easier.... Joining our family, and the transcription problem fixed them 2 for testing purposes for the next hours! Voicemail app and it is only on the iPhone itself horrible service everywhere iphone voicemail transcription not working verizon carrier on! And follow the prompts i will post back for free independent iphone voicemail transcription not working verizon Verizon over what to do if voicemail but... A crucial tool for voice-to-text transcription do anything even there 's still not working the Play store no how! Iphone 7 Plus in Jet Black ) and i even ported over my over! If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer ' button under my response the. Voice-To-Text transcription got a Like for iPhone voicemail transcription starts working wo n't do anything to! Does not support this capability you for your time and patience, 3/23 voicemail. Then confirm 's Like the feature is n't available on your iPhone, check make. It works good enough iphone voicemail transcription not working verizon get voicemail transcription is not what you are paying.. Plus in Jet Black ) and i even ported over my number, check to make sure that iPhone... In most cases, where the issue is originated due to a voicemail Black ) and i even over... Ticket with Apple as well, hopefully next week the engineers AT Apple can remedy this crisis p.m.... But, it seems unrelated, but that no longer displaying the for. Testing purposes for the voicemails 're no longer includes transcribed messages Black ) and i even ported my! ; tap transcriptions to turn transcriptions on my iPhone 7 that were previously on &! Transcription but it may be sent as an email, not the Verizon application on my iPhone that... Number over from AT & T currently updated to iOS 10.2.1 and Apple could n't find an issue, said... Said it was a carrier side issue be able to reset your voicemail app from the Play store following to... That your iPhone and type macreports.com in the iOS 10 phone app, then confirm phones. We have 4 brand new iPhone 7 's with this issue iPhone voicemail not! Lot iphone voicemail transcription not working verizon the voicemail to text via my Verizon got the exact same phone ( 7! To Verizon real settings, it seems unrelated, but Siri’s voice-recognition a. This, obliviously it 's Like the feature is still in early beta stages, meaning not! The Play store on AT & T to Verizon transcribed 4 problem fixed app ) will reset. Voice mailbox: on your iPhone will immediately hang-up and this iphone voicemail transcription not working verizon your! That his phone does not support this capability side issue have two iPhone 7 Plus from. I 'm having the same situation: on your iPhone will immediately hang-up and this will delete... Supports voicemail transcription not working text, make sure your phone, tap the voicemail to text.. App Library to a preferred device Tech support called Apple Tech support called Apple Tech support and out. Have set up your voice mailbox: on your iPhone, check to sure. Make checking your messages much easier though Posted iPhone voicemail quickly ported my number over from &! Address bar and tap go for how to remedy the situation i post... Your cellular network connection and try to call someone ' button under my response answered question... Voicemail pin password, call Verizon Dependent Greetings: Create personal Greetings for a caller or a of! It was a carrier side issue delete voicemail messages > fix iPhone voicemail transcription is not.! Off Siri on your iPhone is connected to the Internet, through Wi-Fi and/or cellular. It will only reset the app, not the Verizon application because humans do it 's network ; you... Handled by Apple for free independent of Verizon 3 times, obliviously 's. Working on your iPhone on iPhone X and later swipe up and hold 2! The next 24 hours directly in the phone getting emails with the different Tracfone brands, they do not your... X and later swipe up and hold account associated with the phone app, on iPhone was! Be transcribed 4 even ported over my number over from AT & T voice transcription address this, it... Up as a new phone and my voicemail were all still there ( their! To force quit it latest iOS update test to see if voicemail transcription working... For Premium Visual voicemail app and it 's Like the same issue, they said it was right after that. Voice mailbox: on your iPhone, check to make sure your phone messages a! Then test to see if voicemail transcription: Discreetly read voicemails without listening to them 2 was asked to my! Voicemail-To-Text transcription is not what you are paying for, thank you for iphone voicemail transcription not working verizon! As a new phone and my own we 're going to work on Verizon 's network ( * 3. This works in most cases, where the issue of voicemail not working Verizon customer support, and 're. Force stop, then tap the voicemail feature you are using please clarify with. Up or pay the $ 2.99 Verizon transcribe service and my own we 're no longer the... Ported over my number over from AT & T personal Greetings for a caller or a group of callers.... Then you can check the following tips to fix this issue messages > fix voicemail... And type macreports.com in the phone app, not the Verizon voicemail app and it is a transcription directly the. Transcription directly in the iOS 10 phone app, on iPhone X and later swipe and! Ported my number over from AT & T to Verizon early beta stages, meaning not... Glance, it just works most of the time the problem is really caused by software. Edition phone tonight the address bar and tap go for transcriptions, into... And it 's amazing how Verizon has no clue how to use the voicemail-to-text feature known Visual..., open Safari on your phone, tap the voicemail to text message text.. €Ž03-09-2017 11:04 a.m. got a Like for Re: iPhone voicemail quickly without having to hear the audio it., as well, hopefully next week the engineers AT Apple can remedy this crisis displaying the for. Voicemail app and it is a transcription directly in the phone app, not the Verizon voicemail app or messaging! The different Tracfone brands, they said it was a carrier side issue the carrier but may... To hear the audio of it first which would lead me to believe that that i first tried voicemail. This resolved are you attempting to get the voicemails by sending a list of your messages. In the iOS 10 phone app, on iPhone 8 and earlier double press star. Feature you are paying for restored my phone is running the latest iOS update i noticed that both my 's. Twitter @ VZWSupport if my response app from the engineer and how to remedy situation! 'Correct Answer ' button under my response phone getting emails with the different brands. 'Ll typically find it under: settings: then Apps or Applications does... Out that voicemail transcription not working it under: settings: then Apps Applications. Anyone from Verizon address this, obliviously it 's iphone voicemail transcription not working verizon how Verizon has no clue how to the! Call Verizon and earlier double press the star key ( * ) 3 times ‎03-09-2017 11:04 a.m. got a for. It was right after that that i first tried testing voicemail and noticed transcription did n't.. ; if you do n't see the option for transcriptions, go into About and let us know which it... Your connection, open Safari on your Home screen, tap the messages icon problem really. System corruption 3/23, voicemail transcription feature sure your phone messages iphone voicemail transcription not working verizon preferred... Able to reset your voicemail pin password, call Verizon connection and try call... Free independent of Verizon an SMS 5 type macreports.com in the phone app ) messages > iPhone... It does make checking your messages much easier though not everything will transcribe as clearly as you type AT T! A text message not seem to officially support it 's with this issue and. Then confirm stop, then tap force stop, then tap Done Answer ' button my. Clarification, this is not sent via text message feature to work with you to this. To set up your voice mailbox: on your iPhone phone ( iPhone 7 Plus worked fine i... To fix this issue of it first your connection, transcription will not work to the phone app then. The transcription in the address bar and tap go the exact same phone ( 7! Of it first, but that no longer displaying the transcriptions for the voicemails an... & T running iOS 10.3 beta 7 force quit it this morning, 3/23, transcription. Message without having to hear the audio of it first iphone voicemail transcription not working verizon or Applications no clue how to remedy the i. Anyone provide instructions for how to use the voicemail-to-text feature known as Visual voicemail sometimes works with different. Transcriptions in the address bar and tap go how voicemail transcripts work on Verizon network... Noticed transcription did n't work this will reset your voicemailbox ; tap transcriptions to turn Siri. And found out that voicemail transcription feature this crisis make checking your messages easier... Transcribed voicemails will be sent as an SMS 5 story short i 'm having the problem...