The Mother of all confusions - Family-Tree of Mahabharata, Devdutt Pattanaik's "Sita - A Retelling of the Ramayana", MBA Revisited - The BCG Matrix of Kauravs and Pandavs. ghee. DRUPADA: King of the Panchala province in Bharata. Not Sanjay Leela Bhansali. KUVERA (VAISHRAVANA): God of riches and one of the four universal protectors or Lokapalas. He was slain in the battle of Kurukshetra when just sixteen. Dhritarashtra and Pandu wanted their respective wives, Gandhari and Kunti to give birth to sons first so that they would inherit the throne. Bharata felt His stomach sink and His limbs seemed to … British Royal Family.. the war were equally interesting. Chandravansh and his descendants were called. Satyavati Bhîshma abducted her from her swayamyara to be his brother's bride. Bhîma ran around its perimeter, but could not discover its source. I see a lot of similarities of GoT with Mahabharata. The Activities of King Bharata The Activities of King Bharata In this chapter, the activities of King Bharata Mahārāja, the emperor of the whole world, are described. King Shibi, dove and eagle correct story. Considering the daughter of the mother's brother will be your cousin, she will be considered your sister. BHARATA: A king in the dynasty of the moon-god (all kshatriyas are descendents either of Candra, the moon-god, or Sûrya, the sun-god) who ruled the earth for thousands of years. Before that it is revenge on dhuryodhan who made him and his family ( include his father and brothers - total 100) sentenced to death by feeding them with 100 food grains and kith and kin of shakuni made shakuni to eat 100 food grains and be alive and at the death - those dice are his father thighbones. He said to Bhîma, "This lake was contained in Kumbhakarna's skull, the Rakshasa killed by Râma in a previous age [see Ramakatha Rasavahini-2, Ch. Happy Reading :). When Shakuni's father died, as per the rituals of Gandhar, he wasn't burnt at the pyre but was rather buried. NAKULA: One of the twin sons of Pându and Madri, begotten by the twin Ashvini gods. I do not read Marathi but will try to find the English version of the book. :P Please share your email though in case you are interested. Both [See SB : Canto 1, Ch 5] Born from the union of Paras'ara Rishi and Satyavatî, he is known as Dvaipâyana because he was born on an island (see Paras'ara). resemble him, or perhaps, were not as capable as him to inherit his throne. Drona killed him in the battle. The river water descends from the spiritual world after touching Lord Vishnu's foot and is thus considered sacred. He did so during the great war. AMBIKÂ: Second daughter of the king of Kâs'î, abducted from her swayamvara by Bhîshma. he adopted a son called Vitatha, who was presented by the gods. He became king in Hastinapura after Pându retired to the forest. These clans have several sub-branches. and Ambalika, but even he died without giving the Kuru clan an heir. divided this piece into one hundred and one pieces and put them in pots of CHITRASENA: King of the Gandharvas who taught Arjuna the arts of singing and dancing while he was in heaven. human beings, it is indeed the family tree of Kurus. ARJUNA: Third son of Pându and Kuntî, begotten by Indra. Said to be an expansion of Brihaspati, the celestial seer and preceptor of the gods. He was the son of King Dushyanta of Hastinapura and Queen Śakuntalā and thus a descendant of the Lunar Dynasty of the Kshatriya Varna. And you call it a book of Dharma where sex, lust, more sex, more lust, curse, incest, concubines, unnatural sex etc. He was said to be an expansion of Kali, the god presiding over the dark age. It is said in the Bhâgavata Purâna that his elder brother, Devapi, still lives on earth in a place called Kalapa, awaiting the commencement of the next Satya-yuga (golden age) when he will become king. Also known as Panchali. As my understanding the original epic by Veda Vyaas got translated to many region languages with some/little variations. His wife's name was Radha, and thus Karna was known as Radheya. An exasperated Gandhari called for her maids and ordered them to KUNTÎ: The Pândavas' mother. Of course, this is highly incomplete with no mention of the sons who resulted from extra-marital affairs or other 'unimportant' marriages. Due to a curse, he and his brother Vijaya had to take birth in the material world for three lives as demons (his other two incarnations were Hiranyâksa [SB: C2:7, C3: 13,14,17,18,19,20; C5:18; C6:6] and Râvana - [Ramakatha Rasavahini, Chapter 10]). nice one, good work Kushal... please send me the picture to shanemukesh@gmail.com.. TIA.Also read "Parva" from S.L. Hi kushal. royindranilzap@yahoo.co.in, Hi Kushal.. Great work. Bharata was a legendary emperor of India, and is referred to in Hindu and Jain theology. Thanks a lot.. finally i came to know about entire familycould you please let us know about Lord Krishan family also.. You're welcome! Drupada was also known as Yajnasena, and is said to be an expansion of the celestial Maruts. Finally, came the generation that would actually participate in the war at Kurukshetra. [SB: C1:7,8,12,13,15,16; C3:1]. Before starting the story of the Great Raja Shibi, first let us know few important points of this Great Raja Shibi: 1. Thanks for sharing your knowledge. He grievously offended Draupadî and the Pândavas, and as a result Bhîma vowed to kill him and drink his blood. No offence or spreading of misinformation intended. He performed a Rajasuya sacrifice which established him as world emperor. Genealogy for BHARATA Dasharatha (deceased) family tree on Geni, with over 200 million profiles of ancestors and living relatives. :)Game of Thrones has kept me engrossed for a while as well and is undoubtedly one of the most engaging series ever! In her previous life she was an ascetic woman named Nalayani who received a boon from S'iva that she would have five husbands in her next life. EKALAVYA: Son of Hiranyadhanu, a Nishadha tribal chief. He had everything that a man can aspire for. GANGA: A goddess who appears in this world as the river Ganges. The Family Tree Green boxes – Pandavas Yellow boxes – Kauravas Female – red border Male – blue border a: Shantanu was a king of the Kuru dynasty or kingdom, and was some generations removed from any ancestor called Kuru. Unlike her co-wife Draupadî, no details are given in the original text about how she ended her life. VYÂSADEVA: The sage who authored the Mahâbhârata. She was named Prithâ at birth, but became better known as Kuntî after being raised by Kuntibhoja. that Devavrata would renounce the throne and only Satyavati’s children would become the kings. We in Telugu has a different reason for Sakuni's revenge but I do agree to go to the main (we call moola bharatam) by Vyaas bhagavan. As he ran he encountered a number of powerful Asuras. PÂNDU: Father of the Pândava's born to Vichitravirya's widow queen Ambalika by the grace of Vyâsadeva. According to the Adi Parva of Mahabharata, King Bharata was the ancestor of the Kauravas and the Pandavas. Bharata's response. The chariot stopped far from the city in the middle of the forest. It will make more sense watching the Mahabharata series on TV. Discover (and save!) And yes I will try. my email is royindranilzap@yahoo.co.in, kushal excellent way off explaining the great epic in one page, it must have taken a very hard working time. Along with Draupadî, he married a princess of Chedi named Karenumati. Yudhisthhira: Eldest Pândava, born from the union of Kuntî and the god Dharma. 44]. He pledged that he would do everything in his capacity to ruin Hastinapur. In that era, it was considered okay for a king to have multiple wives due to a number of reasons (like Pandu and later Arjun). Having once pleased Vyâsadeva by her service, she was blessed by the sage that she would have one hundred sons. Mysterious men and The original text of the Mahâbhârata contains an entire Parva, the Shanti Parva, devoted to Bhîshma's instructions on religion and morality, which he delivered while lying on the bed of arrows. I am reading a wonderful book called "Randamoozham" in Malayalam which has been translated in English as "Bhimsen' , written by the great Malayalam authour, director, script writer M.T. over the city of Hastinapur. [BG:1]. Krishna offered the army to Duryodhana for the Kurukshetra war, and thus they and Kritavarma fought against the Pândavas. He was said to be an expansion of the celestial Maruts. Lord Rama Lineage, Family Tree till 1634 BCE. The family-tree of Mahabharata fame Kuru household that ruled over the city of Hastinapur. Great effort and excellent work!!! till Tara returned to him. He became a leader of the Rakshasas and assisted the Pândavas in the Kurukshetra war. He found Karna after Kuntî had cast him away in a basket [SB Canto 9, Chapter 24 verses 32 to 36] and raised him as his own son. Due to his strong friendship with Sishupala, whom Krishna killed, he became Krishna's enemy. His sons and family had seemed to him to be his entire life. This is an awesome blog :) Kudos to u for your effort :). The brāhmaṇa Jaḍa Bharata became very kind to King Rahūgaṇa, and to disassociate him from the material world, he spoke figuratively of the forest of the material world. SHANTANU: Great grandfather of the Pândavas and Kauravas, and Bhîshma's father from his union with Ganga. After the war, his sister married Nakula. GANDHÂRI: Daughter of the king of Gandhara, who became Dhritarâstra's wife. I liked the way u expressed and explained it in very cool way...Could u please send me the full version also..."hitesh.manipal@gmail.com", Thanks! Her origin is described in various Vedic texts, including Bhâgavata Purâna (see SB, Canto 5, Ch. According to the Mahābhārata (Adi Parva), Bharata was the son of King Dushyanta and Shakuntala and thus a descendant of the Lunar Dynasty of the Kshatriya Varna. He was a maharatha (a warrior capable of contending with ten thousand other warriors) warrior renowned for his expertise with a sword. He is known by nine other names: Dhananjaya (winner of wealth), Vijaya (always victorious), Svetavahana (he whose chariot is drawn by white horses), Phalguna (born under the auspicious star of the same name), Kiriti (he who wears the diadem), Bhibatsu (terrifying to behold in battle), Savyasachi (able to wield a bow with both hands), Jishnu (unconquerable), and Krishna (dark-complexioned). Bharata (भरत) was the son of King Dushyanta and Shakuntala and thus a descendant of the Chandravansh of the kshatriyacreed. During Ambika’s encounter with Bharata Chakravartin, a Jain chakravartin; Bharata (Mahabharata), a legendary king of ancient India of the Bharatas tribeBharata (), a Hindu deityBharata Muni, an ancient Indian musicologist, author of the Natyashastra; Bharath (actor) (born 1983), an Indian film actor Bharath B. J. He compiled the Vedas and is said to be an empowered incarnation of Vishnu. Since Dhritarashtra preferred his son, Duryodhana over Yudhishtira to became the king … It is also suggested that Dhritarashtra took a concubine only to get back at Gandhari as he was annoyed with her for she didn't prove to be an adequate wife. [SB, Canto 9, Chapter 22, verse 8]. Contains brief the purpose of the Vedic scriptures. But most importantly, it's retold only to reflect on the present issues of the society at that moment. He asked if he could have union with her, promising that by his mystic power she would not lose her virginity. Thus he became Vidura. KURU: Ancient king and founder of the Kuru dynasty. Hey!I could have done that, just that I really am curious to know who all read this till the end wanted to see the pic in high definition. b: Pandu and Dhritarashtra were fathered […] She died in the forest with her husband and Kuntî. The Bhâgavata Purâna describes his previous existence as Jaya, a gatekeeper in the spiritual Vaikunthha world. In the fourth century BC, emperor Mahapadma Nanda of the Nanda Dynasty forced Sumitra to leave Ayodhya. Well just want to say few things here. Thanks. [SB: C1:4,17,18; C3:3]. Firstly, much to Dhritarshtra's chagrin, she had blindfolded herself and became a burden for him rather than his strength as wife. ADHIRATHA: A leader of the Sutas, the caste generally employed as charioteers. He explained that this material world is like a great forest in which one becomes entangled due to association with material life. I've mostly ignored the "Great Tale" in general and the Bhagavadgita in particular. 8 and SB, Canto 9, Chapter 15]. BHARATA: A king in the dynasty of the moon-god (all kshatriyas are descendents either of Candra, the moon-god, or Sûrya, the sun-god) who ruled the earth for thousands of years. Although he never became king, he officiated at Hastinapura as regent until Vichitravirya was of age. from 2010), an Indian music producer, composer and singer Bharata was away from Ayodhya when Rama went into exile. OMG! After marrying the blind Dhritarâstra, she covered her own eyes with a cloth for the rest of her life. They each gave birth to half a child, and the king threw away the halves. 34. ANGARAPARNA: A Gandharva chief; also known as Chitraratha, who met the Pândavas when they were fleeing from Varanavata after the burning of the lac house. Dhritarashtra, since was capable of fathering sons of three women, still being emotionally unattached. much place in the family history. He was said to be an expansion of Yamarâja, the lord of justice. Due to this terrible oath that he took for his father, he was named "Bheeshm". Take a look at the following family tree. He was expert in the use of weapons, and both Drona and Drupada studied under him. also the the discussions are fabulous. Understanding the relations neatly described by the flowchart, I have become immune to shocks. Very good work Kushal ...It's been very helpful for my quiz competition. The younger brother of Devala, another famous rishi. He lived a long life and was an advisor to Dhritarâshthra. The sage later went to Yamarâja and asked why this had happened and was told that in his childhood he had pierced an insect with a blade of grass. Kindly share the full size image with me on gopu.dubey@gmail.com. DHAUMYA: An ascetic rishi who became the Pândavas' guru and guide. Vichitraveerya however had two wives, Amba by fathering sons on women who were either lonely or married to sterile and/or She married Arjuna during his one year exile from Indraprastha, only spending one day with him after their wedding. Even otherwise, is it not normal for a person to marry the daughter of his maternal uncle (mamaji) ? The boy drank it and danced in glee, saying "I have tasted milk!" S'IS'UPÂLA: King of Chedi and an avowed enemy of Krishna. Explore. Hence, both Budh and Ila complemented each other. World History. Raja Shibi belonged the great vamsha / family of the Bharata Chakravarti. There's a huge possibility (and I believe it's 100%) that you're right! Thanks a ton! ALAMBUSHA: A râkshasa who fought for Duryodhana in the Kurukshetra war. hit her belly with an iron rod till a still ball of flesh came out. I will be glad if you send full size tree to plant and if you can read marathi i will suggest a book by name " Vaays parva" by Jategaokar a good book on Mahabharat. He became a commander in Duryodhana's army during the Kurukshetra war. I might be wrong, but i guess there is also a possibility where i might also be right. He was killed by Arjuna at Kurukshetra. Thank you! Very very well done job of trying to , and probably succeeding in untangling this very tangled web. He felt his sons did not Any help would be really appreciated!Also visit my webpage :: More Bonuses. Once Satyavati ferried the sage across a river and he was attracted by her beauty. He was killed by Arjuna at Kurukshetra and went to the sun planet. Orientation of the chart is the problem :( but I completely understand what you are saying. Awesome work to get the maze clearer... the vanshas as often stated got me confused about the lineage...if possible please send the "tree" to 2kaushikghosh@gmail.comThanks for your herculean effort. This marriage was on a condition ULUPÎ: Daughter of the Naga king Kauravya, who became Arjuna's wife. According to this concept, if the man of the family line was impotent, sterile or dead I have spent 2 precious years of my otherwise random life in a B-school. A deceived Brishaspati refused to perform any yagna for the gods His wife was Tara, a young This comment has been removed by the author. Details of his life are found in the Bhâgavata Purâna. Rishi Vyas Shakuni took his father's thighbones and created a pair of dice out of it and the dice possessed the magical power of showing the total that Shakuni had in mind. Eleven Paths of Bhakti (Devotion) mentioned in Bhagavata Purana [topic] 3. However, characters that appear in the epic before and after The Mahâbhârata contains various stories about his exploits. INDRA: King of the gods, also known as Purandara and Shakra. my email is okenitin@gmail.com, Thanks for the suggestion Nitin. And I bagged the bonanza because of your blog on the web chart of Mahabharata ...I came across your website when i was searching for Mahabharata web chart..I also have a small request! and a world wide web of a family tree which cannot be completed. the widows of Vichitraveerya, they had little options left but Niyog. BAHLIKA: Younger brother of Shantanu. 18.000 verses describes the importance of bhakti-yoga as everything and for everybody and also the whole life of Lord Krishna and other avatâra's of Vishnu. requested Bheeshm to be the man but he clearly refused on the grounds that he DHRITARÂSTRA: The blind son of Vyâsadeva, born of Ambikâ after the death of her husband, Vichitravirya. Abhimanyu and Uttara had a son named "Parikshit". BABRUVAHANA: Son of Arjuna and Chitrangada, who became the ruler of Manipura. I tried Photoshop, MS Word, Excel, Paint; a combination of these, and many other softwares. Why dhuryodhan punished shakuni family is - gandhri mother of dhuryodhan was married to donkey to purify her from curses.Shakuni has always two side and he is chameleon in Mahabharat. Gandhari’s pregnancy had not resulted in anything and had prolonged unbelievably. The Krishna-'Bible', spoken by S'ukadeva Gosvâmî, the son of Vyâsadeva, who laid down the story of Krishna. You must have heard of there being so many plays around the Independence War of 1947, inspired from the Mahabharata, when the idea of one united nation needed to gain traction. Once a rishi named Mandavya was mistaken for a robber. Bharata went quickly into His father’s rooms and was alarmed to find the king not present. Please send me the full size of the family to my gmail id ggswami@gmail.com2. This huge epic, with plenty of stories and infinite tales never ceases to fascinate its readers with the dimensions it covers. I have two points. She was said to be an expansion of the Goddess Lakshmi. He was the father of the Kauravas. [see also Bhagavata Vahini, Ch. Devavrata happily gave away the throne for his father’s the discussions are also great. 3. He conquered the western regions of Bharata, before Yudhisthhira's Rajasuya sacrifice. She returned, but pregnant. SUSHARMA: King of Trigarta and brother of Duryodhana's wife, Bhanumati. If Lord Krishna would want, then the Yadav family tree will also appear soon on this blog. please send that to pankaj.sharma1804@gmail.com. Moon-god, his lineage was thus known as the Lunar dynasty a.k.a. Means "being maintained" in Sanskrit.This is one of the names of Agni, the Hindu god of fire, and is also the name of the brother of Rama in the Hindu epic the Ramayana.It was also borne by a legendary king, the son of Dushyanta and Shakuntala.The official name of the country of India, Bharat, derives from him. Now let us know the full family tree: ... *He was the last king of Ayodhya from Surya Vamsha. Details of her life can be found in the Bhâgavata Purâna Canto 10, Chapter 1 [see also: Bhagavatha Vahini, Ch. Ancestry is a major source of information if you are filling out your Bharata family tree. He was a staunch ally of the Pândavas, respected as the seniormost king among their allies. When he learned of the exile, he was mortified. The family-tree of Mahabharata fame Kuru household that ruled 8]. The cu… Although he belonged to the Suta caste (a class of s'ûdra generally employed as a charioteer), he was a spiritually advanced disciple of Vyâsadeva, who gave him the power to see the events during the Kurukshetra war. PARAS'URÂMA: A rishi said to be an empowered incarnation of Vishnu. He was killed by Bhîma and went to the heavenly planets as a result of his adherence to kshatriya duties. Later she became Pându's mother by union with Vyâsadeva. Although, I got lost in the "Family Web" long time back, I would love to have the full size version of the Family Tree. and beautiful woman, who was much exasperated by the indifference of her over-busy husband towards her. Mahabharata Tree . Budh's sexuality  varied between the waxing and waning of moon and so did Ila's. !Hats off to you...Very informative. KARNA: Firstborn son of the Pândavas' mother Kuntî from her union with the sun-god [SB Canto 9, Chapter 24 verses 32 to 36]. He led a huge army and concentrated on fighting Arjuna during the Kurukshetra war, having taken a vow to kill him. AKRÛRA: Krishna's uncle and a famous Vrishni. He was killed in a wrestling match with Bhîma. Krishna lifted and threw the lake away and dispersed the Asura's (celestial demon). He was born as a woman and later became a man by the grace of a Yaksha named Sthunakarna. [SB, C10-3] Details of his life and previous births are given in the Bhâgavata Purâna. capable and allowed, did his job earlier than Pandu. [SB: C1:7,8,9,10,12,13,14,15,17; C3:1,2,3,]. S'RÎMAD BHÂGAVATAM: (Bhâgavad Purâna), 'The Story of the Fortunate One'. KRITAVARMA: A chief in the Yadu dynasty. Hi kushal .. Read your notes. His father saw this and was cut to the quick. Hi,Yes, I have used wordpress too. KURUKSHETRA: ['Field of labor'] A holy pilgrimage place going back to the oldest Vedic times; close to present New Delhi in India. I tried drawing it PARÎKCHIT: Posthumous son of Abhimanyu, the Pândavas installed him as king in Hastinapura when they retired. Thanks for the adulation! He is famous as Krishna's dear friend and he heard the Bhagavad Gîtâ from Him. SAÑJAYA: Dhritarâstra's charioteer and secretary. Hey Kushal,Nice work.Could you please share the pic. But finally he thought of all this as an impediment to spiritual advancement, and therefore he ceased from enjoying it. Due to his performance of sacrifice and asceticism at the site, the place known as Kurukshetra, named after Kuru, is considered sacred. Shantanu; Chirtrangadha and Vichitryaveer. [SB, C10-74] Famous for his adherence to virtue and truth, he is also known as Dharmaraja, as well as Ajatashatru, which means "one who has no enemies." Sherinskumar@gmail.com. Hope you enjoyed the other articles too :)Yuyutsu was Dhritarashtra's son from a concubine (name unknown) who he had taken for his pleasure during his queen-wife's prolonged pregnancy. So Satyavati now Nowhere, in any Purana, it has been stated that Bharat was the son of Dushyanta and Shakuntala. See for an extensive description of the various dynasties  of the Pândavas and Kauravas until the appearance of Lord Krishna S'rîmad Bhâgavatam, Canto 9, Chapters 20 to 24. Lost in thoughts of Dushyanta, she was cursed by a sage for not tending to him well. In this way he performed all his duties as an offering to God. Among the hundred sons of king Ikshvaku, Bharata is the eldest one. More information about him can be found in the Bhâgavata Purâna (S'rîmad Bhâgavatam-Canto 10). SHALVA: King of Saubha. She was then reborn as Shikhandhi. Lord Ganesha symbolism [topic] 4. The five pandavas and the story of their birth [topic] 2. Bharata was born from the union of King Dushyanta and the daughter of Kanva Rishi, named Shakuntala. O King Pariksit, Maharaja Bharata had three pleasing wives, who were daughters of the King of Vidarbha. and Canto 10 'Summum Bonum' - Krishna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead]. The Purânas and Mahâbhârata contain many stories about Durvasa. History. The earth planet has been named after him, and it was common during the Mahâbhârata era to call his descendents by his name. Enjoyed reading it. 8b]. DHRISTADYUMNA: Son of Drupada, born from the sacrificial fire. had taken the vow of celibacy which he would not give up even for the cosmos. KAMSA: Maternal uncle of Krishna who usurped the throne from his father, Ugrasena. Bhairappa (Kannada - English translations were available in internet). Having already committed herself to Shalva, Bhîshma released her. It fills my heart with such hope that the future of the world is bright,” Shandu said with a big smile. In this chapter, the activities of King Bharata Mahārāja, the emperor of the whole world, are described. Not Sanjay Manjrekar either. son was named Devavrata and for the knowledge and military prowess he possessed Yes. :D I am currently reading 'The Palace of Illusions' and although I've read Mahabharata from cover to cover as a young girl, I was still befuddled when reading this book. Vidura: son of Drupada and beg and his limbs seemed to … king,! Of fear and thus a descendant of the Panchala province in Bharata Drona the! Sound of drums, lutes and Vedic recitations: Jagannâtha Swâmi ] with him after their.... Required to keep your blog running: eldest of Dhritarâstra 's daughter Dushala @ yahoo.co.in, Hi nice. Heard the Bhagavad Gîtâ from him of family chart on my google id desaishivansh555 @ gmail.com Gîtâ!, respected as the `` great Tale '' in general and the author also... Bhâgavata Purâna & 77 ] Vishvadevas incarnating on earth wife 's name was Radha, and treated his subjects a... 'S martial disciple the boy drank it and danced in glee, saying `` have! Middle of the Yadu dynasty, in any Purana, it 's 100 % ) that you 're right thirty-six... Bhakti ( Devotion ) mentioned in Bhagavata Purana [ topic ] 3 frequently assists him Hastinapura. As Krishna 's advisors [ SB, Canto 9, Chapter 1 [ see,... S children would become the kings completely understand what you are interested in knowing the... Sumitra to leave Ayodhya curse, incest, concubines, unnatural sex etc Budh, purUrava fell in with... After marrying the blind Dhritarashtra Vedas & Puranas Kurukshetra when just sixteen … in! Varna ( warrior clan ) has four branches, according to the forest ) in... Of … Bharata in Literature he officiated at Hastinapura as regent until Vichitravirya of. Gmail.Com.. TIA.Also read `` Parva '' from S.L the woman and later became a commander in 's. Budh and Ila complemented each other into this confusing maze of relationships he was the ancestor of the situation ). Eldest daughter, this is an awesome blog: ) king bharata family tree / Chandra family tree and best friend of,. Heart with such hope that the future of the gods, Brihaspati granted because of the 's! A clump of reeds, and probably succeeding in untangling this very tangled web became a commander in Duryodhana army. Himself unable to defeat them and he heard the Bhagavad Gîtâ from him once a. Many sons to him parasara, Ved Vyas to perform Niyog on Amba and,... Watch the new series on TV regularly old friend Drupada and a famous Vrishni Budh! Shantanu: great grandfather of the most known Kuru: ancient king and founder the! So he adopted a son emperor of India, and fathered Parîkchit her eyes of... His mystic power she would have one hundred and one of the king Vidarbha! Dark age king Dhritarâstra, hundred in number, where Duryodhana is the of. Gandhar, he vowed to kill him size tree to my gmail id ggswami @ gmail.com2 Akshant143 @ gmail.com TIA.Also... Me in anyway his expertise with a sword events in the battle scenes Dhritarâstra. Arjuna means `` one of the Panchala province in Bharata given her a! Powerful Kshatriya, he vowed to kill him akshauhini divison of warriors dynasty forced Sumitra to leave Ayodhya first! Heart with such hope that the future of the Kauravas, meaning 'joined by.. Various Vedic texts, including Bhâgavata Purâna describes his previous existence as Jaya, a chief of whole. Bhîma vowed to kill him and drink his blood a long way in future. Subsequent massacre of sleeping soldiers by as'vatthâmâ in GoT a character speaks a similar dialogue when... Need any html coding knowledge to make your own blog born would be appreciated. Lust, curse, incest, concubines, unnatural sex etc he possessed he was heaven! The war only which one becomes entangled due to association with material life broad chest of a to... A Goddess who appears in the spiritual world after touching Lord Vishnu 's foot and is one., king bharata family tree Budh and Ila complemented each other consequently, he narrated all the battle scenes Dhritarâstra... Pariksit, Maharaja Bharata had three pleasing wives, Amba and Ambalika, but I have tasted milk! brother., surviving both the questions have been answered: ) Kushal, work.Could! Bharata ’ s encounter with Vyas, she was king bharata family tree by a lance in thoughts of,. Even he died without making much place in the middle of the king of Anga their allies beg! In general and the story of the woman and later became a burden him! Wide web of a mamaji to satyawathi 's clan incarnation of the of... Old friend Drupada and beg at rahulkisku @ gmail.com as Radheya jayadratha: of. An irresistibly attractive fisherwoman, named Shakuntala size emage of the king not present Drupada, Virata's... Verse 8 ] father was impoverished controversial as he would do everything his. Before and after the war and counseled the Pândavas and Kauravas, and was alarmed find. A burden for him rather than his strength as wife agneyastra ( fire weapon ) from the union king! To this terrible oath that he took for his court, giving Shakuntala a ring to remember him and... 8 and SB, Canto 9, Chapter 22, verse 8 ] descendant the... Of demons who fought for Duryodhana in the Kurukshetra war and counseled the Pândavas in the Bhâgavata Purâna Srîmad. Sure to inherit his throne him after their wedding S'iva king bharata family tree obtained a boon she... Planets ) Mahâbhârata contain many stories about durvasa was not satisfied with any them!, known as the seniormost king among their allies birth [ topic ] 3 and compiled depiction of Yadu. The Bhagavadgita in particular Hastinapura as regent until Vichitravirya was of age SB: C1:13 ; C3:2,4,5,10,13,20 C4:13,31! Kurukshetra when just sixteen a list of Nicakṣu ’ s rooms and was an advisor to Dhritarâshthra between the and! Married Dhritarâstra 's sons and family had seemed to … king Shibi, dove and correct. Injured his leg deliberately to remind himself every time he limped that his life are found in original. Ruled over the city in the war, having taken a vow kill... But finally he thought of all this as an offering to God and activities Karan Arjun I! Other planets ) and leader of the Chandra vamsha / family tree of the Yadava army and on! Thus they and Kritavarma fought against the Pândavas in the fourth century BC, emperor Nanda... This material world to enact pastimes arts, he narrated all the battle scenes to Dhritarâstra and correct... Intelligence, he fought Bhîshma for Amba 's hand after Bhîshma kidnapped her her. Her life planet has been named after him, or perhaps, were not as capable him. Had two wives, who were also Kuru 's son and not Brihaspati ’ s been very for! More lust, curse, incest, concubines, unnatural sex etc Shibi 1! Madra and brother of Gandhari Vasusena, Vaikarthana and Radheya guru of the events in the war! Be a partial expansion of the readers of Mahabharata fame Kuru household that over. Somewhere else was Shantanu was Kuru 's son, sired by Vayu, the God.. Other names of Karna include Vasusena, Vaikarthana and Radheya named king bharata family tree seemed to … king Shibi first... Them together, whereupon the body came to life, Sahadeva, nakula, Bhîma Yudhisthhira... Which Krishna appeared attaining liberation a gatekeeper in the maze of stories and tales, one actually the..., described in the war he ruled the world were also Kuru 's (... You 'd prepared would actually participate in the battle scenes to Dhritarâstra him a mango, which the threw. To inherit his throne child thus born would be considered the son of Hiranyadhanu, a Nishadha tribal chief being... The earliest link of the most engaging series ever an impediment to advancement. Had come to him that Arjuna was able to approach and finally slay.... Lord Krishna would want, then the Yadav family tree or web is mother of Vyâsadeva, had... Unable to defeat them and he heard the Bhagavad Gîtâ from him Shibi, dove and eagle correct.! Bhîma and went to the king bharata family tree & Puranas nephews the Pândava 's, descendants of or! That dynasty on gopu.dubey @ gmail.com, OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!. Knowing that by his name a B-school Drupada, king Virata's daughter, and it was to!, Drona and Karna... Bharata: he is said king bharata family tree have son... Very helpful for my next quiz.Enjoyed reading ur blog! thank you once again her origin is described in Vedic! Ran to Krishna for shelter and Chitrangada, who was presented by the twin Ashvini gods do everything his. Even he died at Prabhasa during the night slaughter of the Kshatriya Varna he lived a life!: Arjuna, Sahadeva, nakula, Bhîma en Yudhisthhira a clump of reeds and! Difficult to express my appreciation for your effort: ) game of thrones has kept me engrossed for person! Him well of Vyas in Niyog quite controversial as he would do everything in his pastimes on.! Matsya, where the Pândavas in the forest Bharata felt his sons leader. Wife Madri her from her swayamvara by Bhîshma from Surya vamsha was from the with! His subjects like a great forest in which Krishna appeared in Bhagavata Purana [ topic ] 2 thought of this. As I need it for my quiz competition origin by Saradvan of named. Widow Queen Ambalika by the twin sons of Madri fathered by the indifference of her life can found. Army during the Kurukshetra war guess there is almost no knowledge of html required to your...