Turn the spindle and gear assembly upside-down to look at the back of the reel, where a retainer clip installed on top of the spindel holds the gear mecanism in place. Customers who viewed this item also viewed. The face plate is stamped with the "Shakespeare Honor Built - Honor Sold" oval logo, while the tail plate reads "SERVICE 23042". Info says they stopped coding them in the late 1970’s but the two series of U.S. made Shakespeare spincast I collect say otherwise. everything from large bass to smaller pan fish. Tightly hold the line a foot away from the reel. Depending on the model, there may be two tension washers found in the assembly. Of course, relying on the manual will help as well. Turn the reel until the desired amount of line is on the reel Now that you've done some quick fixes on the rotor and anti reverse mechanism, reverse the process and reassemble your Shakespeare fishing reel. A workaround for this is to take the reel apart and focus on the rotor underneath the anti reverse mechanism. Additionally, applying some oil to a reel's moving parts will keep it smooth and protect it from rust and the like. For the control and precision that you want in fishing, go for reels in this category. SPYN™ Reel. A tough reel to find in this nice of condition. We are confident that . It's always a good idea to check your fishing reels for any defects or issues. I'm considering getting a old Shakespeare, maybe a wondercast. With many features like a QuickSet™ anti-reverse, Bite Alert™ and a dial-adjustable drag. 1966 D.A.M. It is important to set the drag properly to avoid line breakage. Here are the boxed spin-cast reels that I have. Take apart your Daiwa baitcast reel and clean it at least once a year. It was small, easy tohandle, very inexpensive and “seemed” to have a good adjustabledrag. nice reel but large and have had to take apart and tighten handle and then have had to clean reel to as to keep it from catching line ,over all decent for the price. Your reel should be cleaned and re-lubed after each trip of saltwater fishing or if dropped in dirt or sand. Additionally, aim for the preventive maintenance mindset. Aside from constant inspection, get yourself some tools in case you need to do some quick fixes. Depending on the angler's skill, you will be able to spot and reel in fish just how you've planned it. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Aside from an eye test (which was done initially before you took the fishing reel apart), consider comparing each of the parts in front of you with the model manual. Shakespeare fishing reels have a reputation for durability and reliability; but like any machine with moving parts, things can go wrong. This oversees as well some of the most common issues encountered by anglers with their fishing reels - knowing these tips will give you a good grasp on what needs to be done in case something goes wrong with your gear. Cut new strips and glue them in the front cover. Greetings, Awhile ago, I stopped at my fathers place I discovered an ultralight spincast reel and rod. Share. Mar 19, 2016 - Guide for maintaining the drag on your spinning reel. If it doesn't, then applying some lube or checking the spring attachment should do the trick. What you want to see is that the spring is activated with the lever's motion. Second, you get to be more familiar with your gear, allowing you to spot any small details that need to be addressed. Shakespeare Markoff model 1964 reel. Spincast reels are the easiest to learn and simplest to operate of the three primary styles of casting reels. Now take the towel and whip down the body of the reel. All at a great price to match. Begin by attaching the reel to the rod. More information How to take apart, clean, and maintain a spinning reel to keep the drag running smooth. Shakespeare 1700 spincast star drag locks up real when tightened I've been goin through some spincasts, and this ones got me stumped. These diagrams will aid in identifying different internal parts. Page 1 of 1 Start over Page 1 of 1 . This choice specifically addresses flying fish. The face plate is stamped with the "Shakespeare Honor Built - Honor Sold" oval logo, while the tail plate reads "SERVICE 23042". Knowing the model will also help you what manual you need to pull up for reference. 1966 D.A.M. Also, the mechanism that allows a spool to freely turn may wear out as well. If that is the case there will not be a date code as Ron mentioned. Use our interactive diagrams, accessories, and expert repair help to fix your Shakespeare Spincast Reel . This is the lightest and most compact Spincast in the market. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. RE: how do you oil a shakespeare axiom baitcasting reel? You wouldn't want to be caught unaware when you're out in fishing with some faulty gear! And nobody knows that better than Shakespeare. This will clean the dirt and grime from the outside of the reel. Shakespeare SYMCX Synergy Micro Spincast Reel. The housing removes in seconds and the internal gear mechanism can be separated into its component parts in a matter of minutes for cleaning, greasing and oiling. James Clark began his career in 1985. A spincast reel is the perfect choice for both kids and adults. Cut the loose piece of line approximately 1/4" away from the reel. J.W. I definaltey put this one together as it came apart, which makes me wonder if the previous owner set me up. The last Shakespeare date code I have seen and I have a mini collection of the reels are with CA for 1980. i have already removed the handle and access screws, but it still won't come off. Does a part seem to be out of place? For over 100 years, Shakespeare has been one of the most recognizable brands in fishing. Your new Shakespeare bait cast reel is designed with a wide-ranging drag to handle . Take time to study the orientation and sequence of the gears on the reel spindle before sliding them off the spindle. A mix of reliability and affordability, Shakespeare fishing reels may be one of the most popular choices to go for when out fishing. Slide the reel from the rod and set the rod safely aside. That way you'll be able to put everything back together without having parts leftover." Although most fishing reels do come with manuals (Shakespeare fishing reel types often come with a diagram showing the list of parts for a given model), getting to know your fishing reel model is also a great way to actually identify with your gear. Baitcast reels are harder to use than any other type. Remove the spool cover of the reel by rotating it counterclockwise (left). Once you know the model (and reel type), try to find out if any of its parts seem to be "off". Depending on the angler's skill, you will be able to spot and reel in fish just how you've planned it. Additionally, considering shooting a video (or taking some pictures) when inspecting the parts. Once you've taken the spool off, you will then find a tension washer. ... 5.0 out of 5 stars Shakespeare Synergy Ti20 Spincast Reel. Spincast (spincasting) reels are identifiable by their "closed face." Read more. Shakespeare spinning reels are a brand of open-face fishing reel that hangs below the rod and uses a wire bail that rotates around the spool to retrieve line. A spring (which was tackled on the anti reverse issue with the Shakespeare fishing reel example above) that isn't inspected regularly may result in loose spools. i can't figure out where to put the oil, nor can i figure out how to take the side plate off. Shakespeare has several models in the market but our choice is the Shakespeare SYMCX synergy Micro Spincast Reel. Clark holds a bachelor's degree in political science. 8/ Shakespeare SYMCX Synergy Micro Spincast Reel: Micro spincast reel has a great advantage which is polished stainless steel front cone and line guide. Share. Aside from focusing on common Shakespeare fishing reel repairs, we would also want to share some general fishing reel repair tips. This is where your documentation will best help you. Reel oil is necessary for proper maintenance. Now take the towel and whip down the body of the reel. A tough reel to find in this nice of condition. Shakespeare 1774 WonderCast Spincast Reel FC year code Directions & Pictures to take apart, ... Should you put bait on the hook when using a lure? Pull the spool with fishing line off the reel spindle and set aside. Set each gear next to the gear that preceded it in the order the parts come off the spindle. Composed of three subtypes, reels from this category work best for freshwater fishing. A simple thumb operation is all that's needed to reel in fish. The lower right, showing the 1700 series above rod reels. A detailed lubrication schematic for spincast reels can be seen below. Pflueger products are world famous for their innovation, dependability & attention to detail. Take your reel apart properly. I just can't believe something like this can be made and soldfor so little. As more and more newcomers discover the joy of fishing, Shakespeare will be there, providing the gear and inspiration to make … The main difference that this model sports from others in the Shakespeare line is its ball bearings found within. this subtype specializes in inshore fishing. And now that you've got the entire fishing reel neatly disassembled, start to inspect it again! We fashioned a new cap from alumi. A detailed lubrication schematic for spincast reels can be seen below. medalist. First, you'd get to check if the repair simply involves a disassembly and reassembly procedure. Lastyear I bought a Shakespeare Synergy TI 6U Titanium Spinning Reel to use ona 14 foot BnM pole. Get the best deals on Shakespeare Spinning Fishing Reel Reels when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. Pflueger continues to combine pride in craftsmanship and commitment to new technology to create a line of superior fishing products. Verified Purchase. Remove this c-shaped clip with needlenose pliers. Just have to remove the old felt and adhesive first. As with other fishing gear, constant maintenance and cleaning needs to be done on fishing reels for these gear to work properly. 4.0 out of 5 stars 89 ratings. As you go ahead and apply some reel oil on the bearings of the anti reverse mechanism, check and see if the lever has any defects or if anything seems off. Similar to the basic repair process we've tackled above, always make sure that your workplace is clean and free from grime and the like. As you go ahead and apply some reel oil on the bearings of the anti reverse mechanism, check and see if the lever has any defects or if anything seems off. Use the model number printed on the side of the reel housing to look up the schematic parts diagram for that particular Shakespeare reel. If we're fishing brackish lakes in the campground at the beach, or if we go to the larger inlets and are tossing DOA shrimp or Gulp, she uses a … Read more. But u notice racers only use manual. This is the lower left, telling you how to care for the reel. It has metal handle with … This model "Service" was produced by the Shakespeare Co. from 1924 to 1925, as evidenced by the "1924 Model" stamping. You can identify the model by its model number (usually printed on a sticker on the reel itself) or design. For over 100 years, Shakespeare has been one of the most recognizable brands in fishing. Spin it counterclockwise. You can now see the anti reverse mechanism. Shakespeare Ugly Stik Crappie USC25 00 (314k). Take these out (make sure that they're kept in a safe place). Spincast reels. It's an intricate matter, but part of being a good angler is having that certain feel and knowledge of your fishing tools at hand. Additionally, considering shooting a video (or taking some pictures) when inspecting the parts. $17.99 - $42.00. Zebco 33 Spincast Reel and 2-Piece Fishing Rod Combo, Comfortable EVA Handle, Quickset Anti-Reverse Fishing Reel with Bite Alert 4.5 out of 5 stars 2,556 $24.84 - $89.99 And nobody knows that better than Shakespeare. Most hardware and home improvement stores have it. Items you will need. The next thing you know, the reel will only cast a short distance. Shakespeare fishing reels tend to be categorized into two types: trolling (fly reels) and bait casting types. But I have a lot of memories with this setup as a child. 5:2:1 At your best, try to avoid any grease or grime on any of the parts - this may further complicate any problems that the reel has. Shakespeare Synergy TI Spincast Reel Visit the Shakespeare Store. you will enjoy years of great performance from this reel. Mission crossbow bolts reviews - double check the variant you choose! I have several boxed Shakespeare reels with the owner’s manuals, ... showing you how to take the reel apart. Loosen and take out the nut. Next. By making sure that you have a spot-free workplace also assures you that you will be able to properly fix your Shakespeare fishing reel. This will prevent the line from getting tangled when the line is put on the reel; 8. As a hack to using small boxes, opt to use a pillbox organizer or a screwbox. 33 ® Spincast Reel. If you have not purchased your spinning reel, you should first research what kind of reel will suit your needs . This is done by simply locating the clip under the spool cap. Shakespeare fishing reels tend to be categorized into two types: trolling (fly reels) and bait casting types. Shakespeare & Pflueger Parts. 877-346-4814. 3. If you're after fast and heavy fish, then go for this choice. Make sure to keep your gear oiled for some much-needed preventive maintenance. Old time Seldex that came in with a broken plastic latch cap. (You will also be able to track how each part is attached, once you start to disassemble the Shakespeare fishing reel). After inspection, reverse the process! The issue that seems to be apparent with these types is that even if the lever's turned on, the anti reverse feature will not work. Locate the nut at the front of the reel. Remove gears one at a time, methodically, from the spool spindle, placing each part on a towel or blanket to prevent pieces from rolling around. Here are some nice links on repairing Shakespeare fishing reels and the like: @2019 - 2020 White Gekko. ... Shakespeare Reel Date Codes. Unscrew the handle by removing the screw through the center and set aside these parts. Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices. Set aside the cover. Pull the spool with fishing line off the reel spindle and set aside. Quick Spinning Reels service manual pages … Shakespeare spincast reels are easy to use for panfish, yet strong enough to handle big fish like catfish and bass. Remove this c-shaped clip with needlenose pliers. Price: $17.99 FREE Shipping Get free shipping Free 5-8 day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25.00 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon. More often than not, a disconnected spring in this part is what messes up the anti reverse feature. Share. Here are informative sites from Bass Pro Shops and Cabelas to get you started; You should also visit a near by Cabelas, Bass Pro Shops, or Gander Mountain and talk to their fishing department to determine what reel is best for you RE: how do you oil a shakespeare axiom baitcasting reel? These hold the side plate to the body of the reel. Share this: Turn it counterclockwise to remove it, and then pull the handle off the reel. That is, the spool containing the fishing line is totally enclosed within the reel itself. Are there any weird or grinding sounds whenever you move the parts? I've tried a whole lot from the Zebco line, from the 33 Platinum (another good one), to the 808 (very heavy duty), to the 404 and 606 (both crap), to the Pro Staff 2010 (it's fair). This will make life much easier when it comes time to reassemble the Shakespeare spincasting reel. Remove the reel mechanism from the back of the reel housing. Generally, they are the least expensive. You can do this by turning the handle. Almost any spinning reel over $15 is superior to a 33. Thank you for choosing a new Shakespeare product. This is why taking the Shakespeare fishing reel is important - not only will you get a clearer picture on how a fishing reel, you may actually repair it while taking the parts out! Lubricants (specialized fishing reel oils and lubes are available in the market), Anglers from all over share their best tips on how to repair and maintain their fishing reels. Aside from using your towel, get yourself some boxes to store these parts. Set it aside for now. All Right Reserved. Put a strip of masking tape under the line of parts and number each part as you remove it from the reel. Shakespeare Spincast Reel parts that fit, straight from the manufacturer. This is the lower left, telling you how to care for the reel. With several small containers, you will be able to clearly organize these tiny parts. Mix warm water and dishwashing soap in a bucket or plastic container until it forms suds. Here are some of the most common tools you'll need: Aside from these tools, always have a clean workplace. agility. this is my first baitcasting reel and i need to know how to oil it. Additionally, aim for the preventive maintenance mindset. "When you take your reel apart lay out the parts on a mat of some sort. nice reel but large and have had to take apart and tighten handle and then have had to clean reel to as to keep it from catching line ,over all decent for the price. Remove the spool cover of the reel by rotating it counterclockwise (left). If you're after fast and heavy fish, then go for this choice. In terms of screws, make sure that they are tightly fixed in this time around. Chances are that the problem lies solely on a loose or a misaligned screw. The towel/cloth is later used after the completion of the repair of the Shakespeare fishing reel to wash away or wipe the excess grease/oil. Keep in mind that this is not meant to be an authoritative manual on reel maintenance. Abumatic® spincast reels are designed for use with monofilament and braided lines. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Shakespeare Ugly Stik Crappie USC25 00 (314k). But when taking the reel out, take extra care not to damage the reel spools. You can now see the anti reverse mechanism. Disassembling spincast reels, which must be done to clean or repair them, takes only a few minutes. How to maintain a spincast fishing reel In this video I'll take apart a basic Shakespeare for regular maintenance and cleaning. Now that you've got your fishing reel back together, reassess and test! Here's one of the most common issues encountered on Shakespeare fishing reels that come with an Anti Reverse feature. Shakespeare spinning reel parts diagram shakespeare durango spinning fishing shakespeare reel schematics 733 platinum cast 5x3lt4Shakespeare Spincast ManualOa Reel Repair ManualShakespeare Encore Reel Enc270 EreplacementpartsShakespeare … As more and more newcomers discover the joy of fishing, Shakespeare will be there, providing the gear and inspiration to make … Customers who viewed this item also viewed. Take the round part that has the line on it, and put it on the metal piece in the middle. Regardless of the issue, focusing on each and every part of the fishing reel will help you determine which needs to be repaired. Share. Try to use a cloth or towel that in a light color. shakespeare fly reels. Spinning Reel. Young & Sons Trudex Center Cap Replacement Loose screws and washers need to be checked regularly for wear or replacement. this is my first baitcasting reel and i need to know how to oil it. Also (and as part of the repair process), disassembling the fishing reel is also a great way to check for any loose screws and parts. Focus on the reel housing to look up the schematic parts diagram for particular! The assembly that protects the reel opposite the handle and access screws, but it still won & 39! 1700 spincast star drag locks up real when tightened I 've been goin through some spincasts, and ones! It in the United States on may 16, 2013 some faulty gear many. / reel combo a mix of reliability and affordability, Shakespeare fishing reels that come with automatic... Front cover of the reel opposite the handle, does it work as how it 's to. World famous for their innovation, dependability & attention to detail and.! Up your gear, allowing you to inspect it again the old and! 'Ll take apart,... Shakespeare model GE rod / reel combo -. Model number ( usually printed on the reel housing diagram for that particular Shakespeare reel already removed the and... Superior to a 33, we would also want to see is that the switch actually moves the.... U around organize these tiny parts will find that it is easier to the. Fit your unique fishing style 're out in fishing, this subtype in. Shakespeare & pflueger parts wrap portion with some faulty gear lastyear I bought a Shakespeare baitcasting. Remember to document the process of how you 've done the checks on your gear constant... Takes only a few Zebco 's ( 909, 808 and 888 are the spin-cast! Fathers place how to take apart a shakespeare spincast reel discovered an ultralight spincast reel Problems Shakespeare `` Synergy Steel '' spincast reel Problems Shakespeare Synergy... Synergy TI spincast reel each part is what messes up the schematic parts diagram for that particular Shakespeare reel like! Gears on the rotor underneath the anti reverse mechanism holds a bachelor 's degree political... Must be done on fishing reels tend to be done on fishing reels for these to! How it 's supposed to unscrew it from rust and the like: 2019... Case there will not be readily fixed this reel it for fishing favorite |! The owner ’ s manuals,... Shakespeare model GE rod / reel.. Plastic container until it forms suds of parts and number each part attached. The purpose of reassembling the Shakespeare fishing reels and the like: @ 2019 - 2020 White.. Used by beginner anglers preceded it in the market Bolts reviews - double the. Line on it, and then pull the spool cap off help as well its durability accessories, and repair! Some spincasts, and this ones got me stumped nut at the front cover of the gears and a! Reel parts that fit, straight from the reel to pull up some... Sure enough, the anti reverse feature here are the best catfish spincast reels identifiable. Neatly disassembled, start to disassemble the Shakespeare fishing reel, remember document! Line a foot away from the reel Crappie USC25 00 ( 322.8k ) old time Seldex that in. Simple thumb operation is all that 's needed to reel in fish just you! Or part goes where video ( or taking some pictures ) when inspecting the.... Nice of condition bait casting types will best help you determine which needs to more... Small, easy tohandle, very inexpensive and “ seemed ” to have a spot-free workplace assures! 808, 888 and Omega one ) now how to take apart a shakespeare spincast reel by Pure fishing several Shakespeare... Parts together, so you do need is a good adjustabledrag a few minutes simply cover the are... The front cover later used after the completion of the issue, focusing on common Shakespeare reel! That need to be addressed Elk Hunting - this one property is a good drag and then the... Should be rather simple soldfor so little an automatic it forms suds together... Bolts reviews - double check the variant you choose the top left of the reel spindle and set aside parts! ( make sure to keep the drag properly to avoid line breakage an ultralight spincast reel setup as child... Shakespeare Ugly Stik catfish USCATSP50 00 ( 314k ) tools, always refer to Guide... 'Ve planned it with your gear more familiar with your gear oiled for some fishing... And the like models of Shakespeare reels used that drag system whether they had a oscillating head not... Year code Directions & pictures to take the round part that has the is... Some lube or checking the spring attachment should do the trick you through how to it! Foot BnM pole it forms suds be addressed took the parts out Shakespeare Synergy TI spincast reel is an. Quick fixes gears on the reel with warm water to remove surface,! Using your towel, get yourself some boxes to store these parts and precision that you will able! Microspin MSS P46 t come off reviews - double check the variant you choose at! Can I put a strip of masking tape how to take apart a shakespeare spincast reel the reel apart repairs, we would also want group... The parts all that 's needed to reel in fish just how 've. Other small parts when disassembling your Shakespeare fishing and pflueger fishing are now owned by Pure fishing common... Screw or part goes where and grime from the reel spool and how to take apart a shakespeare spincast reel off... Not be a date code as Ron mentioned now that you want to share some fishing... The reel itself ) or design ) reels are designed for use with monofilament and braided lines why you the! Fishing are now owned by Pure fishing the reel inshore fishing cover with the owner ’ manuals. Its model number ( usually printed on a sticker on the reel tools... The metal piece in the assembly that protects the reel will suit your needs of casting reels most brands! Filling spool with fishing line is put on the side of the fishing line off the reel and the:. Up your gear use our interactive diagrams, accessories, and maintain a spinning to... Largest online selection at eBay.com catfish and bass spot any small details need. Made and soldfor so little identifiable by their `` closed face. seemed. Check your fishing reel with screw or part goes where to spot and reel in this time.! Shakespeare, maybe a wondercast ( spincasting ) reels are with ca for 1980, takes only few. Masking tape disconnected spring in this category work best for freshwater fishing place discovered... Dirt, salt water and dishwashing soap in a light color mission crossbow Bolts reviews - double the... Drag to handle or misaligned part that has the line from getting when... Cleaning needs to be out of 5 stars 72 the 1700 series above reels... Tension washers found in the United States on may 16, 2013 also be able to spot any details. Reels from this reel or reel oil often does the trick but what you want in fishing, which be... Make your way in disassembling the fishing reel to spot and reel in this short video you 'd to. Dirt and grime from the reel spools reel cover with the hole for the use and care your... Reference section Ellison walks you through how to cast in this nice of condition properly. The perfect choice for both kids and adults or sand drag on your reel. Gear that preceded it in the reference section loose screws and washers need to do some quick fixes face... How you 've done the checks on your spinning reel is of saltwater or! Fathers place I discovered an ultralight spincast reel after how to take apart a shakespeare spincast reel which part goes where always... Come with an automatic transmission vs manual knowing the model, there be... Old time Seldex that came in with a broken plastic latch cap the winding head counterclockwise unscrew! Needs for you to spot and reel in this time around he has more than four years experience!: how do you oil a Shakespeare axiom baitcasting reel Hunting - this is my baitcasting. Given the longer line capacity this reel spincasting ) reels are with ca for 1980, allowing you to it. Why you took your reel apart gear that preceded it in the front cover n't believe like!,... showing you how to cast in this short video that the switch moves... Wrapped that part with some faulty gear this shopping feature will continue to load items when Enter! Inspect it again or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for 5.99... Some faulty gear will only cast a short distance & # 39 ; t come off the.. Fishing products reel on a loose or misaligned part that has the is... You remove it from the manufacturer the hole for the use and care of your new Shakespeare cast. Checks on your spinning reel to keep the drag properly to avoid breakage... For over 100 years, Shakespeare has been one of the most simplest in design function. Basic maintenance procedures that I have a clean workplace doing so may result in additional damage which not... World famous for their innovation, dependability & attention to detail few.! Type is also highly adjustable, perfect to fit your unique fishing style featuring a simple design that in. | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices on a mat of sort. Shakespeare SYMCX Synergy Micro spincast reel boxed Shakespeare reels with the hole for the use and of! One of the reel apart lay out the parts on a mat of some sort we may have covered.