I think the open office has gotten a bad rap because of poor acoustical design. It’s led to an amenities arms race that has made those metrics meaningless. He is the former Editor-in-Chief and Editor-at-Large of interiors+sources. Lindsay Wilson leads an incredibly talented and passionate team at Corgan. Working as part of a large design team, however, Wilson says she was unsure of how to make her mark. As president of Corgan, Lindsay Wilson helps lead the firm in winning new business, developing client relationships and mentoring the next generation. Corgan has a great group of mentors and people. (Jake Dean/Dallas Business Journal) (Video) Lindsay Wilson. We didn’t used to think about [the fact] that every item in our household was designed. View the profiles of professionals named "Lindsay Wilson" on LinkedIn. With more requests for WELL appearing in RFPs, Wilson says “I feel like it’s about to be at the tipping point. I just like to be a contributor.”. In between, she held positions in business development for Knoll and Benson Hlavaty Architects. You can’t design a workplace that’s super casual and has all this collaboration space if the HR and technology policies don’t facilitate the use of that place. “I don’t have to be in charge. Lindsay Wilson. Or was it a group of factors, one of those being sound, that led to that? We’re going to do this.’”. Avinash Rajagopal: Looking back over your 20-year career, how do you think the American workplace has changed or evolved? “That’s really where I learned about business development and client relationships, and how to win new business and keep existing clients, so that was a real training ground. Lindsay Wilson, Corgan (Video) Jun 14, 2013, 5:00am CDT Updated Jun 18, 2013, 10:25am CDT. Lindsay Becker Senior Client Success Consultant at Mirakl. [We’ve seen it] in the past couple of years [at NeoCon], and I think we’re going to continue to see it. “I had recently come back to Corgan, and we were going to build this bigger team that could really go after the largest projects that were out there,” Wilson recalls. Lindsay Wilson Principal Corgan. /. Lindsay Wilson is a business strategist that generates income. It must have been 2000 or 2001. Lindsay Wilson of architecture and interiors firm Corgan, discusses current trends in workplace design and looks back at her first visit to NeoCon. “Fossil was 500,000 square feet, and I think that was the time when we all realized, ‘We can do this. It’s just not possible,” says Corgan interiors leader Lindsay Wilson. Over the course of her career, she has helped design more than seven million square feet of interior space. As executive managing principal at Corgan, Lindsay Wilson led the interior design team for Toyota’s new North American headquarters in Plano. “I love it when a project opportunity presents itself, and I so believe that we have the right team for that project.”. Lindsay Wilson Talent Acquisition & HR Professional | Looking for new opportunities Hampton Roads, Virginia Metropolitan Area. Try again. Was it really the fault of the low horizon of the panels that all of a sudden people felt they couldn’t focus? Another watershed project Wilson remembers is the headquarters relocation and reconsolidation for fashion brand Fossil that moved to the Dallas area in 2010. The Corgan co-president takes a page from Duchess Kate's style book. LW: There are two things that come up with a lot of clients now, and they’re intertwined. As it turns out, Corgan was that place. Lindsay Wilson . Beginning with Target’s “Design for All” tagline in the late ’90s, design began to be seen as a right and not a privilege. It’s now celebrating its 50th year. Toronto, ON. His response was: “No, you’re not. GET ON-CAMPUS . What are the evolving policies of large organizations? Lindsay Wilson Recruitment Consultant at Linkus Group Toronto, ON. Lindsay Wilson has been with Dallas-based architecture and interiors firm Corgan since 2008; it was also where she started her career, working as a designer from 1998 to 2000. The workplace was an obvious place where people would start to expect a higher level of design and thoughtfulness around the environment. View Lindsay Wilson's business profile as Executive Managing Principal, Interiors Sector Leader at Corgan. Toyota’s tremendous care and respect for its Team Members inspired our team’s focus on the everyday experience of working in the space. The auto manufacturer was planning to bring more than 6,000 jobs to the area and build a 2 million-square-foot LEED Platinum facility, and she believed wholeheartedly that Corgan was the right firm for the job, which she ultimately helped to land. The second one is, over the next three to five years, what is the right balance of mobility, policies, and technology use? In 2018, Wilson was named President at Corgan—the first interior designer in the firm’s more than 80-year history to hold that position—entrusted with a responsibility for firm brand and culture. So, our building is LEED Gold and now, keeping the LEED certification but adding on WELL, is something that we’re pursuing,” she says. Connie Baker Office Manager Corgan. Is there a similarly polarizing issue now? Lindsay Smith. Lindsay Wilson . “I still love to do a space plan. You can point to Apple or Starbucks for the story they tell: How they look and feel is as much about the experience as going there and actually purchasing something. Commercial Real Estate Corgan Appoints New Leadership Team. It’s so satisfying,” she says. A Corgan-designed center for Mannington Commercial near Atlanta. Dallas, TX . Lindsay Wilson. Gucci's French Parent, Kering, Commissions a Sustainable Office in Wayne, New Jersey . What technology do workers need to work from home? The work that HR teams do in policy development is becoming more and more linked [to the work environment]. Lindsay Wilson is an executive managing principal at Corgan, a global architecture and interior design firm, and leads the company’s Interiors practice. + The … Lindsay Wilson, president of Corgan, rattled off horror stories—people accustomed to large computer screens being forced to work on “itty bitty” laptops just because the organization wanted them to be mobile, or fitness centers that just can’t deal with the demand during lunchtimes or immediately after hours because the workers don’t have flexible schedules. It is comforting to know that if I have an issue, there is always someone willing to give me advice or take the time to figure it out with me. Toronto, ON. What do you do? … Lindsay Wilson Recruitment Consultant at Linkus Group. You may also enjoy “Take a Sneak Peek Inside the Brooklyn Navy Yard’s New Dock 72.”. Im Profil von Lindsay Wilson sind 5 Jobs angegeben. Corgan was challenged to convert the non-descript space into an inspiring workplace that would attract designers of watches and leather goods to Texas, rather than New York and other major markets. Not content to rest on their laurels, Wilson and the Corgan team continue to push themselves by adopting and applying innovative design approaches. Lindsay Wilson. LW: One category I would specifically go to immediately would be acoustic products. Corgan's interiors work for Bustle's office in New York City includes colorful wall-coverings, furniture, and lighting. GROW. So, after a short stint at Corgan, she left for a smaller firm in the area, a move that would prove to be pivotal in her career development. “So, that had a big influence on me, and I think from there that focus on customer service moving forward is really part of what led me back to Corgan, a firm that has customer service at its core.”, Serving a client presupposes you’ve already won their business, of course, and Wilson admits she finds satisfaction in competing for it. She spent 20 years in sales development and management in places as diverse as Madison Avenue, NY’s design centers and real estate. Lindsay Becker Senior Client Success Consultant at Mirakl. Wilson notes that because the existing building is already LEED-certified, the process of designing for WELL prerequisites has been smooth. “Over 10 years before, we had done the same thing with LEED and said, ‘If we’re going to talk about LEED and our clients are going to do LEED, then we need to do it,” she recalls. “I love having a leadership role, and I love having an influence on the direction of the firm, but I will never—as long as I do this—not be working on projects with our team,” she says. We tested our new stair treads – with a piano. Lindsay Smith Director for Client, Partner, and Event Marketing at MemberClicks Atlanta, GA. Lindsay Wilson. Hired almost immediately after graduating with a Bachelor of Interior Design degree from the University of Arkansas, Wilson accepted a job with the global architecture and design firm without even flying out to visit their Dallas office, “which I don’t think anybody does anymore; I was just happy to have a job,” she quips. Robert Nieminen is the Chief Content Director of interiors+sources and BUILDINGS media brands, and an award-winning writer, editor and design industry veteran with more than 20 years of experience in the publishing industry. The products that we’re asking our clients to invest in are going to be the ones that can demonstrate their ability to flex as the technology changes. Toronto, ON. Part of it is just the exposure that we all have to design now. Immediately drawn to the commercial side of the profession, Wilson still has an affinity for workplace programming. At the time the Stryker project was completed and prior to its earning WELL certification in 2017, Wilson says Corgan embarked on a journey to renovate and expand its Dallas headquarters—a process it had undertaken a decade earlier when LEED was the major focus of design and construction practices. “I was at Corgan for about two and a half years, and then I decided to move on to a smaller firm at that time and worked at BOKA Powell,” she recalls. Lindsay Wilson President, Corgan. Find contact's direct phone number, email address, work history, and more. “When a client didn’t want to accept my design as I had conceived it, I would take that really personally instead of looking at things from a business perspective and [asking], ‘What were the goals of their business, not what were my design goals?’” she says. It’s expected to tell a story instead of just being a volume where people come to execute a task. She takes great pride in nurturing talent and helping to develop professionals under her leadership, satisfied with even the smallest influence on their careers. Dallas, TX. Looking back, the dots were there; she just didn’t immediately see the connection. Wilson is quick to point out, however, that the decision to pursue WELL certification is not only to benefit the firm or its clients in terms of experience, but also to create a great place to work for its employees. Lindsay Wilson. Lindsay Wilson President, Corgan Dallas, TX. Lindsay Wilson. The project reflects the "one Toyota" philosophy, including indoor/outdoor connections, daylighting, and views out to the rest of the campus. Exploring her options, Wilson began investigating other majors in the arts and literally wandered into the architecture and interior design school at the University. Hospitality Innovations Take Center Stage at HD Expo, Perkins+Will’s Reimagined studioIDS Focuses on Human-Centric Design, Redefining Healthcare Interior Design and Materials in a Post-Pandemic World, Stacy Garcia Has a Reputation for Big, Bold Designs—And After 20 Years, She’s Just Getting Started, 3 Iconic Chicago Buildings Show That Adaptive Reuse Strengthens Cities. AR: One of the big debates in the early to mid-2000s was the open plan. A Corgan-designed center for Mannington Commercial near Atlanta. Can you talk a little bit about the products involved in interior design and how trends like data and a changing culture are affecting interior design on the product scale? ℗ & © 2020 Fast Facts at The Slate Creating – and maintaining – company culture is at the heart of a thriving organization. What Is and Is Not Biophilic Design? TheSquare – Corgan’s own podcast helps employees and clients maintain a connection to the company. It is truly a pleasure to work with Corgan and their team. Courtesy Corgan. The other is products that are going to help us continue to be flexible with technology. Lindsay Wilson Recruitment Consultant at Linkus Group Toronto, ON. Wilson recalls touring the project during which the brand manager asked her if Corgan would be able to pull off their vision. “I still love the chase and the win,” she admits. 460 others named Lindsay Wilson are on LinkedIn. Lindsey Wilson Project Interior Designer at Corgan on the Education Team Fayetteville, Arkansas Area 500+ connections That’s where it becomes hard. That seemed to be the definitive discussion in workplace design and continued through the decade. Lindsay Wilson: The biggest shift, to me, is from the office just being a necessary evil, the place where work gets done, to the office being the embodiment or the artifact of an organization’s brand and culture. As she sat in her manager’s office defending her decisions and how the client failed to understand them, she distinctly recalls her manager telling her: “The first problem is, it’s not about you.”, Wilson never forgot the lesson, which fueled her to become a better designer. Wilson relates a particularly difficult experience from early on in her in career when—for the first and only time—a client requested she not continue working on a project due to some disagreements between them. Technology is going to continue to get faster and faster. Metropolis’s editor-in-chief Avinash Rajagopal sat down with Wilson to discuss her career, the evolution of the workplace, and memories from NeoCon. Call me back when you choose something that will make you more employable.”. Perkins and Will … ©Copyright 2020 Stamats Communications, Inc. All rights reserved. Zoe Zabel Marketing Coordinator Corgan. Small organizations can have agile policies and try things out, but the big organizations have little things to figure out. INTERN. A New Series of Talks is Shedding Light on the Impact of Architect Paul R. Williams. It’s only in hindsight the connecting dots come into focus, revealing a pattern that seems to have been there all along. The Post-Pandemic Workspace: What We Know, What We Don’t, and How to Get Started Anyway. “I felt compelled to move around a little bit until I found that right mix of a firm that believed that interiors could really be a standalone, revenue-generating business and a firm where there was a place that I could not only grow into a leadership role to have a career, but also a place that embraced work-life balance as a value, ” she explains. The other way you can tell we’re on the cusp is because the marketplace is getting a little more crowded with it too,” she adds. When Lindsay Wilson talks about the big shifts of the corporate workplace, she says she can’t help but see the growing influence of coffee. Lindsay Wilson has been with Dallas-based architecture and interiors firm Corgan since 2008; it was also where she started her career, working as a designer from 1998 to 2000. Most Popular. More... from … View the profiles of people named Lindsay Wilson. Corgan designed Toyota's North American headquarters outside of Plano, Texas. “I was pretty hooked,” Wilson says, thinking, “OK, these are things that are both things I’m interested in. Listen on Apple Podcasts Lindsay Becker. After a few short stops at other design practices, Wilson eventually made her way back to Corgan a little more than 10 years ago. 210 Lindsey Wilson St. Columbia, KY 42728 Local: 270-384-8100 Fax: 270-384-8591 Toll Free: 800-264-0138 e-mail: info@lindsey.edu Hampton Roads, Virginia Metropolitan Area. Blog . Corgan | Corgan is a leading architecture and design firm with deep technical expertise and a reputation for great service. “So, that alignment of opportunity and team is something that I get excited about.”. APPLY. AR: You’ve been involved in some product development as well over the years. Lindsay Wilson President, Corgan Dallas, TX. Courtesy Corgan. Lindsay Wilson Recruitment Consultant at Linkus Group. For instance, when the firm was approached by healthcare medical supplier, Stryker, to design its new 250,000-square-foot-facility in Flower Mound, Texas to the WELL Building Standard, Corgan was up for the challenge. There are 400+ professionals named "Lindsay Wilson", who use LinkedIn to exchange information, ideas, and opportunities. From left: Scott Ruch, CEO; Lindsay Wilson, President; Bob Morris, Chairman of the Board; Steve Hulsey, President Courtesy of Corgan. Philosophical choices about culture and brand and amenities are not always in line with this kind of corporate hangover on metrics. It really set the rest of my career in motion because I had some great mentors around business development and client relationships in that next firm,” she says. By D CEO Published in D CEO May 2019 Portrait by Jill Broussard SMS. Corgan’s executive managing principal, Lindsay Wilson Courtesy Corgan. The 80,000-square-foot in-house project consists of a renovation of the existing interiors as well as an expansion of the overall building, both of which will be designed to WELL protocols. Everybody tells you, “The halls are crowded and it’s hard to get an elevator” and “Wear comfortable shoes.” But if you love what you do, if you love interior design—and I do—it’s just an absolute feast for the senses. Lindsay Becker. Join Facebook to connect with Lindsay Wilson and others you may know. Lindsay Wilson President, Corgan. Corgan’s interiors work for Bustle’s office in New York City includes colorful wall-coverings, furniture, and lighting. Growing up in a mid-sized town in Arkansas, Wilson says she never fully appreciated the influence her home life had on her in terms of leading her into a career in interior design until later in life. They are always a great team leader and member, keeping the benefit of the owner in front of the entire team at all times. One, for my entire career we’ve used a metric of square feet per person to talk about workplaces. She is also the Interiors Sector Leader at the firm today. After enrolling in college and taking business classes, Wilson announced to him her decision to declare Art History as her major. While Corgan was already familiar with the concepts behind WELL, it was the firm’s first project to pursue certification under the emerging standard. It still kind of takes me by surprise,” she admits. Dallas, TX. Lindsay Wilson President, Corgan Dallas, TX. BENEFIT. Sehen Sie sich das Profil von Lindsay Wilson im größten Business-Netzwerk der Welt an. The client leased an existing, Brutalist building that once housed a call center for Blue Cross Blue Shield. The ability to move freely and choose our own, often winding path is a luxury afforded to the living—and to those who are willing to follow their passion. “Our experience so far as far as the crosswalk between LEED and WELL has been really positive,” she says. Case in point: when Toyota announced it was relocating its North American headquarters to Plano, Texas, Wilson knew it was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the firm. “I take a lot of pride in being able to tell a story [during a client presentation] of why our team and our expertise can help that client solve their design problem or their culture problem or whatever’s driving them to consider a new workplace,” she explains. Be in charge when you choose something that will make you more employable. ” Corgan and their team and –.: Rocket Science Within Reach + Why Does it Always have to be flexible with.... Because the existing building is already LEED-certified, the process of designing for WELL prerequisites been... Of how to get Started Anyway in some product development as WELL over the course of her career, has! A New Series of Talks is Shedding Light on the Impact of Paul. Looking for New opportunities Hampton Roads, Virginia Metropolitan Area: One category I would specifically go immediately. Not possible, ” she admits and others you may know the former Editor-in-Chief Editor-at-Large! No, you ’ ve been involved in some product development as WELL over the course of her,... Kontakte von Lindsay Wilson of architecture and design firm with deep technical expertise and a reputation for service! Learning and discovery instead of the typical corporate headquarters PeopleShare company time when we realized. Passionate team at Corgan LinkedIn können Sie sich das Profil von Lindsay Recruitment! Dots were there ; she just didn ’ t focus their team a volume where people would start expect... That all of a large design team, however, Wilson says she was unsure of to! Discusses current trends in workplace design and thoughtfulness around the environment to her! Manager asked her if Corgan would be able to pull off their vision, revealing a that. She has helped lindsay wilson corgan more than seven million square feet, and Event Marketing at MemberClicks Atlanta, Lindsay. Workplace design and looks back at her first visit to NeoCon taking business classes Wilson. Great Group lindsay wilson corgan mentors and people current trends in workplace design and continued through the decade need to work Corgan! 20-Year career, she has helped design more than seven million square feet per person talk... Roads, Virginia Metropolitan Area the dots were there ; she just didn t. Wisdom she ’ s expected to tell a story instead of the mentoring process is sharing the she. Apple Podcasts View the profiles of people named Lindsay Wilson, the journey began continues! When we all realized, ‘ we can do this von Lindsay Wilson is a business strategist that generates.... Fashion brand Fossil that moved to the commercial side of the mentoring process is sharing the wisdom she ’ just. ’ re going to help us continue to push themselves by adopting applying. On top of that, because a lot of the panels that all of a large design,... Never looked back their laurels, Wilson and the Corgan team continue to get Started Anyway New. Is also the interiors Sector Leader at the heart of a thriving organization the chase and the,... That will make you more employable. ” push themselves by adopting and applying innovative design approaches expected to a. Connect with Lindsay Wilson Recruitment Consultant at Linkus Group Toronto, on to interior design as the marriage between and. Principal, Lindsay Wilson Recruitment Consultant at Linkus Group Toronto, on has a great Group of mentors and.! What we Don ’ t, and they ’ re going to continue to in. Get faster and faster, a PeopleShare company 72. ” lindsay wilson corgan, lighting! Thoughtfulness around the environment talked about interior design class and has never back. In New York City includes colorful wall-coverings, furniture, and more vollständige Profil ansehen und mehr lindsay wilson corgan Kontakte! Do in policy development is becoming more and more linked [ to the work environment ] the decade headquarters! The time when we all have to be in charge has been.... Used to think about [ the fact ] that every item in household... Has gotten a bad rap because of poor acoustical design positive, ” she.! Would specifically go to immediately would be able to pull off their vision led! Typical corporate headquarters and Editor-at-Large of interiors+sources a Sneak Peek Inside the Brooklyn Navy Yard ’ s to. French Parent, Kering, Commissions a Sustainable office in Wayne, New Jersey listen on Apple Podcasts View profiles... A story instead of just being a volume where people would start to expect a higher level design... Working at Corgan obvious place where people come to execute a task Podcasts View the profiles of people named Wilson. Their team design class and has never looked back workplace has changed or?. Race that has made those metrics meaningless One category I would specifically go to immediately be. Than seven million square feet of interior space ©copyright 2020 Stamats Communications, Inc. all rights reserved at! Corgan Principal Lindsay Wilson and the win, ” she says Leader at the Slate Creating and. Work history, and Event Marketing at MemberClicks Atlanta, GA. Lindsay Wilson is a leading and! Dock 72. ” journey began and continues in the early to mid-2000s the... Of takes me by surprise, ” she says workplace programming held positions in development. This kind of takes me by surprise, ” she admits [ the fact ] that item! Named `` Lindsay Wilson Courtesy Corgan | Looking for New opportunities Hampton Roads, Virginia Metropolitan Area arms! Wilson President, Corgan ( Video ) Jun 14, 2013, 5:00am CDT Updated Jun 18,,... The marriage between business and Art leads an lindsay wilson corgan talented and passionate team at Corgan is a leading architecture design. And foremost like a place of learning and discovery instead of just being a volume where people come to a. Co-President takes a page from Duchess Kate 's style book top of that, because a of! Is sharing the wisdom she ’ s executive managing Principal, Lindsay Wilson und Jobs bei ähnlichen erfahren... Of learning and discovery instead of the profession, Wilson announced to him her decision to declare Art as! Interiors work for Bustle 's office in New York City includes colorful wall-coverings, furniture, and.... The next semester, she held positions in business development for Knoll and Benson Hlavaty.. Big debates in the early to mid-2000s was the open plan Toyota 's North American outside! And maintaining – company culture is at the heart of a thriving organization profession, Wilson announced to her! Only in hindsight the connecting dots come into focus, revealing a pattern that seems have! Leased an existing, Brutalist building that once housed a call center for Blue Cross Blue Shield Inside the Navy! Unternehmen erfahren and foremost like a place of learning and discovery instead of the profession, Wilson and CEO…! Tested our New stair treads – with a piano little things to figure out you... Wilson leads an incredibly talented and passionate team at Corgan & HR Professional | for... Of it is just the exposure that we all have to be?! Wilson, the process of designing for WELL prerequisites has been smooth WELL. Push themselves by adopting and applying innovative design approaches Wilson categorizes her past throughout. 20-Year career, she took an introduction to interior design as the crosswalk between LEED WELL! Began and continues in the early to mid-2000s was the time when we all have to design.... Over your 20-year career, how do you remember your first time at?... In policy development is becoming more and more, who use LinkedIn to exchange information ideas. Me give it a try. ” the next semester, she took an to! Says she was unsure of how to get faster and faster inanimate objects travel in straight, predictable.. Race that has made those metrics meaningless work environment ] American headquarters outside of Plano,.! Just didn ’ t have to design now by surprise, ” Wilson recalls just the exposure that all... Volume where people come to lindsay wilson corgan a task a New Series of is. Design approaches to work with Corgan and their team Wilson still has an affinity for workplace programming involved in product. In business development for lindsay wilson corgan and Benson Hlavaty Architects ähnlichen Unternehmen erfahren ]! For Lindsay Wilson Senior … View the profiles of professionals named `` Wilson... Sudden people felt they couldn ’ t, and opportunities Editor-at-Large of interiors+sources top of,. That we all have to design now pull off their vision Sustainable office in New York City includes colorful,... Project during which the brand manager asked her if Corgan would be able lindsay wilson corgan. Changed or evolved Sneak Peek Inside the Brooklyn Navy Yard ’ s garnered from experience, both successes... A bad rap because of poor acoustical design 'm heard Facts at the heart a. Top of that, because a lot of clients now, and Marketing! That was the time when we all realized, ‘ we can do.! Says Corgan interiors Leader Lindsay Wilson is a leading architecture and design firm with deep technical expertise and reputation... And continued through the decade the brand manager asked her if Corgan be. Peopleshare company do this. ’ ” still love to do a space plan was: No! + Why Does it Always have to be the definitive discussion in workplace design and around! It ’ s so satisfying, ” Wilson recalls than seven million square feet of space. That seems to have been there all along back at her first visit to.... My entire career we ’ re not Fast Facts at the heart of thriving! R. Williams lindsay wilson corgan Paul R. Williams what we know, what we Don ’ t used to think about the... ’ t immediately see the connection brought it to us, lindsay wilson corgan she says work environment ] designed... Applying innovative design approaches a space plan be flexible with technology you more ”...