Auf der PC-Seite war es das schon, nun geht es auf dem Fire TV weiter. I’ve had way less trouble with Steam(link) than with Moonlight. Dabei entscheidet Ihr Euch für die Variante mit dem Namenszusatz „Non-Root“. I have xbox-360 controllers and I am able to control steam-link with it. Keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Q - Quit session Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Z - Toggle mouse capture This app streams games, programs, or your full desktop from an NVIDIA GameStream-compatible PC on your local network or the Internet using NVIDIA GeForce Experience. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Ladet Euch von der Github-Homepage von Moonlight die neueste APK-Datei herunter. It works great for retro games and less graphics intensive games like Stardew Valley. It results in 30fps with major stuttering, while Moonlight is going smooth 60fps. You can Google what buttons to press to force the Steam Controller to connect over Dongle in stead of Bluetooth. 2017, I looked for a solution to stream PC Games to a Raspberry Pi instead to a Steam Link Device. Why is it impossible to use the Steam Controller over Moonlight? Overview: I have a GPD Win 2 which is a very small Windows x86 device with built in gamepad controls. You take out the dongle of the PC and put it into your Nvidia Shield. Parent commenter can delete this message to hide from others. But it's just bad. The choice is mainly due to it’s Hardware independence and the better controller remapping process. What I'm using is VirtualHere. For best performance, use 5G WiFi or a wired ethernet connection. (the settings are on, but it randomly chooses its own encoding) *This is not true, I just checked again; it was using Dekstop NVFBC NV12 + NVENC HEVC encoding and "Android surface hardware decoding". Is there a way to force the steam link to do hardware encoding and decoding? Maybe I'm in the minority here, but Moonlight even on the Steam Link hardware is leaps and bounds better than Steam Link software. Granted, with Moonlight you can enjoy your PC Games on a mobile device, but that needs a controller setup which can be troublesome. Overall best Solution : Steam (Link) The choice is mainly due to it’s Hardware independence and the better controller remapping process. Então, se você estiver usando uma dessas plataformas, é uma boa opção. Moonlight is non-nonsense though so it's good for simple stuff like Visual Novels. How should I configure that? Moonlight vs. Moonlight (formerly Limelight) is an open source implementation of NVIDIA's GameStream protocol. Play all your Windows 10 PC games from your phone, tablet, web browser, or (coming soon) smart TV. Currently, I'd easily rate Steam Link app over Moonlight but not by Moonlight Vs Parsec Latency Going over some of the pros and cons of Steam Remote Play Together and Parsec to help people make a better choice which to use. This tool that saved me a few trips to my Gaming Rig in case the game lost focus during start-up.
There’s certainly room for the Steam Link app to improve, and I’m confident the glitches will be smoothed away by Valve’s development team in the future. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Steam Link vs. Moonlight vs. AMD Link The Steam Link app, long available for Android, went through a lot of drama before finally being admitted to the App Store , … The two services are very comparable. Supports streaming at 720p, 1080p, 1440p, 4K, and the client PC's native screen resolution The Shield TV also gives you access to cloud streaming of … HDR requires an HDR10-capable device, GTX 1000-series GPU, and … Valve’s Steam Machines aim to bring your Steam game library right into your living room (but at a rather steep premium). With steam in home streaming you can add non steam games (in my experience Witcher 3 from GOG) and stream them that way, but again, this only works through SteamOS, Steam Link or a Windows PC. ‎Stream games and other apps from your NVIDIA-powered gaming PC on your local network with Moonlight. From the smallest changes like key bindings improvements, bug fixes and balance tweaks, to huge innovations that we have promised in our Road Map - current version of Moonlighter delivers the original experience with a range of game-changing enhancements for players old and new. How to watch IPTV Streams on your Computer, Firmware Upgrade on DELL PowerEdge Servers with Linux, Kniwwelino – Publish and subscribe to custom MQTT Broker, ManageEngine AD Self Service Plus Custom SMS Gateway, Clone / Resize / Move of Windows partitions, WordPress Plugin – Retroachievements Widget, Fedora 11 – Sound Problems with Intel / Conexant Chipset, Odroid XU3/4 Silent Fan Control in Lakka / OpenElec, https://www.hiscorebob.lu/2017/04/moonlight-vs-steamlink/, Ferngesteiert Steckdous quasi Smart maache mat enger Wifi 433MHz Bréck, Klassesche Luuchteschalter Smart maache mat engem Shelly1 Module ënnert dem Schalter, Amp oder DAC? Use your touchscreen or an iOS-compatible (MFi) … Both platforms also offer dedicated hardware devices for streaming. But Nvidia works on Android devices through an app called Moonlight. I have found the latency on it to be better and I do prefer it for game streaming over the shield just because of the steam controller and the latency of course. For the controls in games I had to install sudo apt-get install steam-devices on the host before it worked. Uncategorized. Moonlight (formerly Limelight) is an open source implementation of NVIDIA's GameStream protocol. Building the Best WiFi Network at Home with Ubiquiti’s Unifi Products, Apr I WANT to use the Steam Controller; but this will only work on the Steam Link app. Parsec and moonlight accepts only a windows-host for streaming. Moonlight Streaming App herunterladen. VirtualHere has a trial period in which I set it up completely. And Hassle-free 4k streaming after it is all set up. Steam Link works well and is platform-agnostic, while Moonlight has a few extra settings, particularly when it comes to controls. I wondered if I could get some more use out of my Steam Link by running Moonlight on it. Long story short, it took some help from cgutman, the Moonlight dev, but Moonlight on the Steam Link now runs and streams really well on Gigabit, and kind of sort of okay on 802.11ac wifi? Valve Offers the Steam Link, and NVIDIA Offers SHIELD Hardware. I also recommend spending a few bucks  on the “Controller Companion App“. 0. Streaming performance may vary based on your client device and network setup. About This Game Since the release, Moonlighter has been updated with tons of new content. Using Steam Link, you can connect to any computer that’s running Steam. But steam link will only work with steam games. Which Shield are you using exactly? But it works absolutely perfect. Just pair a Bluetooth controller or Steam Controller to your device, connect to a computer running Steam on the same local network, and start playing your existing Steam games. Personal site about Video Games, technical articles and Hardware. The encoding method depends on your settings on the host PC under Steam -> Settings -> Remote Play -> Advanced host options, Yea, I have the right settings there (Nvidia hardware encoding enabled). What it does is directly transmitting USB input on the NVIDIA shield to your remote PC. 0 0. So the 4K streaming in moonlight is buttery smooth for me. moonlight vs steam link. moonlight vs steam link. Moonlight is so much better, but it won't give me my precious Steam Controllers. So what you should do is FIRST link your steam controller to your Steam Controller DONGLE on your PC (locally). 3. There clearly has to be some sort of software technology on Moonlight that is way better than Steam has to offer. Just remember that, since it’s unofficial, it could contain bugs or become abandoned at any time. This opens Big Picture with the Steam Controller enabled and is 1:1 to the Steam Link, but much much much better and 4K enabled. Rainway vs parsec. So 2 things: Why is the Steam Link app so shitty (it forces software encoding and has some weird decoding on the Nvidia Shield*), while Moonlight uses Nvidia encoding and Nvidia decoding. Steam Link can minimize to desktop and there are ways to use non-Steam games, but it's a bit messy. I’ve had way less trouble with Steam(link) than with Moonlight. Hope this helps, I'm happy to give extra information. 19 To stay up to date with the latest PC gaming guides, news, and reviews, follow PCGamesN on Twitter and Steam News Hub. CLICK THIS LINK to send a PM to also be reminded and to reduce spam. Make sure to allow the USB transmitting on the PC client of VirtualHere (it should recognize the Steam Controller, you now can allow it to be transmitted). The Moonlight app for my Android device is so smooth, while the Steam Link app is a slow motion mess. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. This guide will show you how to use the Moonlight application by xyzz for PS Vita, this will allow you to play PC and Steam games on your PS Vita via remote play using the Nvidia GameStream technology. O Steam permite transmitir de um PC com Windows para outro PC com Windows, um Mac, uma Steam Machine, um dispositivo Steam Link ou um PC com Linux. The format for the moonlight streaming command is as follows, where again X.X.X.X is the IP of the gaming PC. The Steam Link app brings desktop gaming to your Android device. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Then connect your Steam Controller to the dongle. Moonlight and Parsec are so much better than Steam Link. steam link连接后默认使用steam大屏幕,可以在steam link的设置-流式传输-高级中启用“开始流式传输桌面”,也可以实现远程桌面的操作。 到了这里,Moonlight、Remote Desktop、Steam Link的远程配置就全部做好了,下面说下常见的几个问题 It allows you to “alt-tab” back in the game with the press of a few buttons on your controller. Moonlight can run alongside official Steam Link streaming and other Steam Link apps. Steam’s In-Home Streaming offers no way to play games on an Android smartphone or tablet, an iPad, or an iPhone. This makes sure the right connection is made, and the PC is expecting a connection over dongle. I have VirtualHere running in the background on both the PC and the Nvidia Shield. I also enjoy playing board and video games with other people. After this is all set up, my 'daily' routine is this: Boot up the Steam Controller, this automatically makes a connection with my PC (without using any streaming server). Permanent link to this article: https://www.hiscorebob.lu/2017/04/moonlight-vs-steamlink/. Open Moonlight and click the 'game' Steam Big Picture (you can list Big Picture as a game in the Moonlight overview). ¨ ... Shield TV以外の端末でGameStreamするにはmoonlight Chromeという非公式のツールを使う必要がある。これもリモートデスクトップに慣れた人なら直感的な操作でセットアップ可能だと思う。 written by . I will be messaging you in 4 days on 2019-12-29 01:21:37 UTC to remind you of this link. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Here ‘s my quick comparison between the Steam and the Moonlight Streaming Solutions. My lazy suggestion is to try using the USB dongle for Steam Controller as opposed to bluetooth sync. To install on Steam Link hardware, extract the ZIP file to the root of a FAT32 flash drive, insert it into your Steam Link, then restart the Steam Link. Yes, but it is very elaborate! And as I updated; I got to this encoding: Dekstop NVFBC NV12 + NVENC HEVC encoding and "Android surface hardware decoding". It costs 20 USD. Currently, I'd easily rate Steam Link app over Moonlight but not by much. Does anyone know if these are the optimal settings? VirtualHere is a solution, but only works wired.. Had the same problem. The most popular alternative is Parsec.It's not free, so if you're looking for a free alternative, you could try Steam Link or Rainway.If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 9 alternatives to Moonlight so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Moonlight allows you to play your PC games on almost any device, whether you're in another room or miles away from your gaming rig. I have not found out yet how to control in non-steam games (only tested dolphin emulator). 4. 4K streaming with the Steam Link App on my Nvidia Shield is inconsistent, and bad. Moonlight is much much better and a true competitor for Steam Link app, but it's a mixed bag for some games and Steam Link is generally more useful with stuff like controllers. Play Anywhere Today. Not sure how or why, but I'm pretty much through using the Steam Link software. Granted, with Moonlight you can enjoy your PC Games on a mobile device, but that needs a controller setup which can be troublesome. Since /r/steamlink is private and potentially inactive and a lot of users started getting their shipments this week this is a place to discuss and share your experiences. Granted, with Moonlight you can enjoy your PC Games on a mobile device, but that needs a controller setup which can be troublesome. I have the steam link so I do keep up on it. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. The old or the new one (from 2019)? I tried that (shortly) but I don't know how to connect to the dongle in stead of the Shield's Bluetooth. It seems like it varies in quality for me on wifi. ... and use a simple command to link the Pi to your PC and enjoy your games. That is, as long as Moonlight is kept and up-to-date. Then VirtualHere might work the way you expect it to? Working in IT since '98, I've always enjoyed setting up technology and solving it's problems. Steam vs. Dixper vs. Rainway vs. Parsec. Moonlight Alternatives. Moonlight auf dem Fire TV installieren What is the benefit of using moonlight over gamestream? Press J to jump to the feed. We implemented the protocol used by the NVIDIA Shield and wrote a set of 3rd party clients. I'm married and a proud father. Download Moonlight Game Streaming and enjoy it on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Low-cost Spotify & Internet Radio, Sonos mam Google Assistant stéieren via Home Assistant, AppleTV + Chromecast + Steam Link = Mi Box, Home Assistant – Troubleshoot Configuration Files and Real-Time Logs, Home Assistant – Plot a Graph with Object’s Attributes, Home Assistant: One-click System Check with color light, Wäschmaschinn / Trockner iwwerwaache mat Notifikatioun wa se fäerdeg sinn, Installing Unifi SDN Controller on ARM Devices (Odroid, Rpi …), can be streamed to iOS or Android Devices, easily add non-geforce experience games or non steam games, needs pc with specific range of nvidia cards, geforce experience update can break streaming to moonlight, runs either on steamlink or through steam connected pc, not limited to single manufacturer of Graphic Cards, if game window looses focus, you need 3rd party tools to “alt-tab” back in the game, best if game supports borderless full screen window mode, Does not stream to iOS or Android Devices. Learn how your comment data is processed. Mouse, keyboard, and controller input is sent from your Android device to the PC. Then, you setup the USB VirtualHere server and client. Moonlight is a project to port the Nvidia GameStream platform to various devices and operating systems such as iOS, Android and ChromeOS. the Steam Link Mobile App For Android (5.0+) For iPhone, iPad, & Apple TV (11.0+) One of many Steam games you can. Trial only accepts 1 USB device, but with the paid version I am able to play couch coop games with multiple steam controllers. So 2 things: Why is the Steam Link app so shitty (it forces software encoding and has some weird decoding on the Nvidia Shield*), while Moonlight uses Nvidia encoding and Nvidia decoding. Moonlight Game Streaming Starting with Moonlight PC v0.10.0, Steam Link is an officially supported platform, and we will be publishing SL app bundles for each new release going forward. 19 Which I think are the right ones..