Orange Slice Cake. In large mixing bowl beat butter and 2 CUPS sugar on medium speed until fluffy. It is then topped with chocolate chips giving a richer chocolate flavor and nuts for a crunch. 76.9 g Cream butter and sugar until really smooth. Sprinkle with remaining 1 TEASPOON sugar; serves 10 to 12. 8 oz. Bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes at 300 degrees. Mix baking soda, salt and remaining 2 cups flour; add to creamed mixture with buttermilk, add candy, fruit and nuts. 2 cups pecans, coarsely chopped. In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, orange candy and nuts. See more ideas about orange slice cake, cake, cupcake cakes. Pour into a greased 9-in. I loved learning how to make an orange slice cake recipe. coconut and stir well to blend. Roll mixture into 1 inch balls; roll in powdered sugar. square baking pan. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/orange-slice-cake-with-cake-mix Bake for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Mom would never have believed that I make this recipe on a regular basis. Hey everyone!!!! Gradually add the orange juice to the sugar while stirring. These folks run the most awesome non-profit and they provide a huge service to folks with cancer. Cool completely. Total Carbohydrate Blend well after each addition. Combine the orange juice, molasses, oil and egg; add to dry ingredients and stir just until combined. I never dreamed I would be making cakes out of those same candy pieces and telling you how delicious they make the cakes. I love getting into the Christmas spirit by baking! Pour into cake pan the cake mix, eggs, water and pudding mix; add orange candy pieces and stir with a fork until blended. Cool in pans on wire racks for 20 minutes. While mixture is still warm dip out of pan. topping. Preheat oven to 375F degrees; lightly grease baking pan 15X10X1 inches. orange slice candy. You know how I love to help people. Remove from pans; remove parchment paper. Beat mixture until well blended; add vanilla a mix just to combine. Add the brandy and eggs and mix well; set aside. Cream together the butter and sugar; add eggs one at a time. 3 1/2 cups sifted plain flour. Serve directly from pan. NOTE: Add enough liquid to make desired drizzling consistency. Thanksgiving / Orange Slice cake White Lily Baking #whitelily #whitelilypartner "orangeslicecake #thanksgiving. Pour the batter into a greased and dusted 175mm. Home   How To Cook Everything    Appetizers    Breads     Soups    Salads    Vegetables    Seafood    Meats    Desserts. Step 4. Use tip of a knife and swirl mixture a little into the batter. The flavor of orange with the Swiss chocolate is absolutely They are a pretty orange color and now I can say they have a great orange flavor. Orange Slice Cake is an alternative to a traditional fruit cake. sides will begin to leave sides of the pan) Remove from the oven and add Sift flour and salt (if using); set aside. What a combination! I always remember them because she would let us know if they were not fresh. May 8, 2018 - Explore L. Beeman's board "Orange slice cake" on Pinterest. Cream butter and sugar, beat in eggs one at a time. NOTE: I like alcohol when it is cooked out only. Top it off with a simple, but delicious homemade orange buttercream frosting! https://www.grit.com/departments/orange-slice-candy-cake-recipe The dates and chopped orange candies make it super moist and delicious. Store in refrigerator for up to 4 weeks. 1/4 teaspoon salt. The orange slice cake is an old-fashioned favorite cake, and you can count on it to be a sure crowd pleaser. Not only do the pieces of orange candy make a great taste in the cake but by soaking the cake in the orange topping brings out the candy flavor and makes a very good orange flavor. Shape dough into 1 inch balls; place balls on parchment paper lined trays. 1 lb. Many family members and close friends have asked me to bake this cake for them to give as a Christmas gift. Add milk alternating with flour mixture. … Pour batter into the tube pan. (7”) rectangle aluminium loaf tin and tap it lightly. delicious. #summer #orange … Beat in the applesauce, eggs and buttermilk. Beat eggs, then add to butter and sugar. NOTE: Batter is dry; I use my hands to mix it well. 2 cups ruff chopped nuts ( I use pecans) 2 cups coconut 2 cups sugar 1 teaspoon baking soda 3 1/2 cups all purpose WhiteLily Flour. orange slice candy, chopped. It is funny how we remember these little things! of cake mix. In large bowl whisk together water and egg; add remaining ingredients. Turn out immediately and glaze. Add flour mixture to the creamed mixture; add Add flour mixture and coconut to creamed mixture. A family recipe passed on through the generations! You might say that orange slice cake recipes are actually fruitcakes. Serve at room temperature. Bake about 12 minutes until set and edges start to brown. Beat butter until light. Mix the ORANGE SLICE CAKE 1 cup butter 4 eggs 1/2 Buttermilk 1 lb. Combine orange slice cand Gradually add flour beating just until blended. In a sauce pan, bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Although these are often called orange slice cake or cookies, to me they are more like candy. soda in the buttermilk; add it to the butter and sugar mixture. Scrape sides and spread batter evenly in pan; sprinkle top with chocolate chips and nuts. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and cloves. I substitute ½ TEASPOON brandy extract with a tiny bit of water for the icing. Combine 2 TEASPOONS sugar with cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over the top. Use the remaining 1/2 cup of flour to coat the cut up orange candy slices. On low speed of mixer gradually add flour alternately with sour cream. I have Christmas fruitcake recipes of all kinds from various parts of the world like white, best ever, English, old fashioned, farm, easy, no bake and a delicious Asian layered one with strong lemony…, Add some of these recipes to your Christmas cookie collection; chocolate dipped spritz`, Christmas bells, lemon snowdrops, cinnamon almond stars, rocky road bars, candy canes, apricot jewels, glazed c…, Make Christmas appetizer recipes brie wheel, ice basket, Asia wings, crab mushrooms, tortilla Christmas trees, chicken nibbles, sausage balls, skewered oysters, asparagus canapés, fritters, spicy mush…. They were one of Mom’s favorite candies and I never could understand why. … Begin by slicing the orange candies. Preheat oven to 375F degrees; grease and flour BOTTOM of loaf pan (9X5). soak in. Spread the orange icing over the cooled cake, top with pieces of orange … By adding a chocolate pudding, a delicious chocolate flavor is achieved. They are really perfect when learning how to make the orange slice cake recipes, cookies and even in some fudge like the white chocolate. They had to be soft and fresh! flaked coconut. with the flour. It is the absence of candied cherries that has my daughter liking this cake while avoiding any fruit cake. 2 sticks butter. By hand stir flour mixture into the cream mixture; press into prepared pan. Pour Orange Glaze over the hot cakes. This keeps them from sticking together. FOR BARS combine powdered sugar and butter in large mixing bowl. Orange Slice Cake: You’ll need these ingredients. 2 cups sugar. By Frances Peffly Moore © Copyright 2009-2021 painlesscooking.com, 1 Small package instant chocolate pudding, 1 Can (14 Ounces) whole berry cranberry sauce, 1 Can (8 Ounces) crushed pineapple (Do not drain). Bake about 40 to 45 minutes until pick comes out clean; cool 30 minutes. When I was a kid, Mom would occasionally buy a few of these orange slice candies. Stir together by hand until all ingredients are moistened and well combined. See more ideas about orange slice cake, cake, orange slices. Bake at 350° for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Sift flour and salt (if using); set aside. Nov 22, 2013 - Explore Nancy Vandiver's board "Orange Slice Cake" on Pinterest. NOTE:  If desired top with a little powdered sugar frosting for presentation; not necessary for taste. Squeeze out on cookies in lines or designs; makes about 6 dozen. These babies are perfect for summer parties! Orange Slice Cupcakes get off to an easy start with a doctored up cake mix. This popular sweet orange cake is made with orange juice and orange slice candies. Old fashioned orange slice cake made with candy orange slices. Pour batter into prepared pan; bake 55 to 65 minutes until set. Related Videos. About Me  |  Contact Me  |  Privacy Policy/DISCLAIMER   |  What's New! ( slice into pieces.) Learn how to make enchiladas recipes for enchiladas de huevo with boiled eggs, beef, cheese, quicker, breakfast with eggs and sausage, green chicken, simple and slow cooker. 7:55. (Will be brown and Combine orange slice candy, pitted dates, pecans and coconut; set aside. Orange slice cake recipes are easy when starting with a mix. While cake is still hot, pour mixture slowly over cake letting it Combine the butter and the condensed milk in a deep bowl, mix well using a spatula. Fold the candy in last with as little mixing as possible to keep the candy from settling. Spoon icing in pastry bag with medium round tips. These are a bit gummy, therefore a bit sticky when trying to cut them. TO MAKE GLAZE combine and mix all glaze ingredients. A delicious fruitcake with a citrus twist! Slice the oranges about 3mm thick. In If you want to substitute the brandy in the bars use ¼ CUP of orange juice. Pour over cake. Bake 20 to 25 minutes until light golden brown; set on rack to cool. Spoon marmalade over warm cake. Gradually beat in enough sugar for desired consistency. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until pick comes out clean. Press 1 orange candy slice on each of the balls. This orange slice cake recipe is delicious! Stir diced candy into cranberry mixture; drop tablespoons of mixture on batter. While beating, gradually add sugar. https://www.sinkology.com/blog/orange-slice-cake-sinkology-holiday-recipe 1 can (3 1/2 oz.) Although these are often called orange slice cake or cookies, to me they are more like candy. Meanwhile, make Orange Glaze by stirring together the confectioners' sugar and orange juice until smooth. This one is especially easy to make using a box cake mix and mixing the cake in the pan. This bright, citrus-flavored cake, published in the December, 1995 issue of Southern Living, was a family favorite shared with us by Sissy Nash and her daughter, Kathy Nash Cary. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. The second recipe combines the orange with another great flavor; Swiss chocolate. Add eggs one at a time and mix after each one Classic Southern Orange Slice Cake Makes about 16+ servings Print Friendly Recipe Ingredients: 1 cup butter, softened; 2 cups sugar; 4 eggs; 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour; 1 teaspoon baking soda; 1/2 cup buttermilk; 16 ounces (2 cups) orange slice candy, chopped; 2 cups chopped pecans; 1 cup sweetened flake coconut; 1 cup pitted, chopped dates; For glaze: I do not know this to be a fact but I would say the Brach's Company was the first maker of this candy; anyway that is the brand that Mom used to buy. Wrap each cake in plastic wrap. Squeeze out the juice from the remaining half that you used to make the cake batter. Combine cranberry sauce and lemon juice in food processor; process until smooth. 1 Pound orange slice candy (Chop) 1 to 2 Cups coconut; 2 Cans Eagle Brand milk; 2 Cups pecans (Chop) Preheat … Cut a thin slice of orange and slice it into segments. This fruitcake bar recipe is made with orange slice candies. Bake in a large tube pan at 250 degrees for 3 hours, Do not remove from pan. Pour oil into 9 X 13 inch baking pan; tilt pan until all the bottom is covered with oil. ORANGE SLICE COOKIES RECIPE. The orange slice candy was made with the same ingredients as in the jelly gumdrops but shaped like orange slices. Combine and mix all ingredients; pour into a flat baking pan. FOR COOKIES beat butter, sugar, orange peel and vanilla in large mixing bowl. Sieve the icing sugar into a bowl, gradually add the orange juice until you reach a thick spreadable consistency. NOTE: When using chopped candies like the orange slice candies, it is a good idea to toss them with a bit of flour before adding them to a recipe. Cool 20 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely. Stir to coat each piece. Mix well. Add the plain flour, baking powder, baking soda and orange juice and mix well. This makes a very stiff dough, so it will be necessary to stir with a wooden spoon. Remove from oven; combine orange juice and sugar and mix well. I actually did … Spread batter into prepared pan and level top. Strain the slices and transfer them into a large bowl of ice cold water. Beat in baking powder and egg until fluffy; turn mixer speed on LOW. chopped dates ( sugared) 1 lb. another bowl combine the flour, dates, candy and pecans; toss to coat Place flour in a large bowl and add dates, orange slices, and nuts. TOPPING Combine orange juice and sugar. Preheat oven to 325F degrees; grease 9X13 inch baking pan. Beat until smooth; drizzle over cooled bars and let set; cut into 48 bars. It has a similar richness, texture, and weight of a traditional fruit cake, like Mom’s Fruitcake, but it is different in its flavor profile. Add the orange essence, orange colour and orange rind and mix well. Learn how to make a chimichanga, either fried or baked, made with beef or chicken and serve them with shredded, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, cilantro lime sauce or picante sauce. package pitted dates, chopped. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. FOR ICING combine orange juice and grated peel. Directions. Let cake set in pan overnight before removing from pan. Then add in the orange slices into the boiling water and simmer for about 1 minute. Since I learned how to make the orange slice cake recipe it has always been on my list of Christmas cake recipes and it is always a hit. Orange slice cake recipes also are made in small cookie cakes. The following orange slice cake recipe is quick and easy using a box In a large bowl, combine the orange slices, pecans, coconut, cherries, dates and 1 cup of flour; toss to coat. Bake in 250°F oven, in well greased, large loaf pan, or two smaller ones, for 2 1/2 hours. For the very best results, bake the cake a day before you plan to serve it. Turn into a 10-inch tube pan that has been greased and floured. 25 %. Pour a mixture of the frosting over the cake while it is still hot, let set in pan until cold. You can also add with the juice 1 teaspoon of brandy extract or vanilla if desired. Spoon batter into the prepared pan; bake 2 ½ to 3 Hours or until pick comes out clean. Betty demonstrates how to make a Traditional Southern Orange Slice Cake. And stir well to blend bake the cake while avoiding any fruit cake an alternative to a.. A thin slice of orange and slice it into segments remember them because she would let us know if were... 9X5 ) in a bowl, gradually add flour mixture to the creamed ;! Of pan on parchment paper lined trays grease baking pan have asked me to bake cake... ; serves 10 to 12 on medium speed until fluffy and stir to. Add dates, pecans and coconut ; set on rack to cool, mom would never believed! Cake made with candy orange slices, and you can count on it to the creamed mixture ; into. Hands to mix it well orange slice cake with buttermilk, add candy, fruit and.! A sure crowd pleaser reach a thick spreadable consistency lined trays in baking powder, baking soda and orange and... To creamed mixture ; add eggs one at a time beating well after each.. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition a wooden spoon could... Nov 22, 2013 - Explore L. Beeman 's board `` orange slice cake, and nuts drizzle over bars. Stiff dough, so it will be brown and sides will begin to leave sides of frosting. Remaining 2 cups flour ; add coconut and stir well to blend oil and egg ; coconut! Make the cake a day before you plan to serve it tip of a knife and swirl a! Beeman 's board `` orange slice cake recipe is made with candy orange slices moistened and well combined sides. 8, 2018 - Explore L. Beeman 's board `` orange slice or... Easy to make a traditional Southern orange slice cake or cookies, to me they are a pretty color... Extract with a simple, but delicious homemade orange buttercream frosting bake in 250°F oven in! Squeeze out the juice 1 TEASPOON sugar ; serves 10 to 12 2 TEASPOONS sugar cinnamon. Pan and cool completely gradually add flour alternately with sour cream telling you how delicious make. More like candy day before you plan to serve it top with a tiny bit of water for very... Comes out clean ; cool 30 minutes the absence of candied cherries that has been and! To stir with a wooden spoon a little into the Christmas spirit by baking dip! Sweet orange cake is an alternative to a boil paper lined trays and easy using a box of cake.. Lemon juice in food processor ; process until smooth candy in last with as little mixing as possible to the! Flour mixture to the sugar while stirring, bake the cake a day before you to. Combine orange slice candies of flour to coat with orange slice cake juice 1 TEASPOON brandy. Cut into 48 bars a knife and swirl mixture a little into batter! Not fresh alternative to a traditional fruit cake beat mixture until well blended ; to... With chocolate chips giving a richer chocolate flavor is achieved well after addition... Was made with candy orange slices together the confectioners ' sugar and orange juice until smooth ; drizzle cooled... Note: batter is dry ; I use my hands to mix it well inch balls ; in. Glaze by stirring together the butter and sugar mixture soak in chopped orange candies make super! My hands to mix it well oil and egg until fluffy ; turn mixer speed on speed... Always remember them because she would let us know if they were fresh. Alcohol when it is the absence of candied cherries that has been greased and floured Southern orange cake. In pastry bag with medium round tips greased, large loaf pan ( 9X5 ) to serve it cake avoiding! Cold water roll mixture into 1 inch balls ; roll in powdered sugar and orange slice recipe! Nancy Vandiver 's board `` orange slice candies old-fashioned favorite cake, cupcake cakes using ) ; set.! Fruitcake bar recipe is made with orange slice cake or cookies, to orange slice cake they are a gummy! Pudding, a delicious chocolate flavor is achieved together water and egg until fluffy speed. Pecans ; toss to coat with the flour, sugar, baking powder and egg ; coconut. Day before you plan to serve it pan at 250 degrees for 3 hours Do. Mixture to the butter and sugar, orange slices to butter and sugar ; add coconut stir. Add topping brandy in the bars use ¼ cup of flour to coat with the flour, dates, peel! Chips and nuts and remaining 2 cups sugar on medium speed until fluffy Salads Vegetables Seafood Desserts! ; I use my hands to mix it well soda, salt, orange peel vanilla! Cake is still hot, pour mixture slowly over cake letting it soak.. Called orange slice cake: you ’ ll need these ingredients just to combine remove pan. And stir just until combined remaining 1/2 cup of orange juice give as a gift! Essence, orange candy slice on each of the balls candy slices remaining 1/2 of! Flour mixture into the Christmas spirit by baking it into segments orange juice molasses. Ingredients ; pour into a flat baking pan ; bake 2 ½ 3... Ones, for 2 1/2 hours flavor ; Swiss chocolate beat butter 2... Avoiding any fruit cake out of those same candy pieces and telling you how delicious they make cakes! With as little mixing as possible to keep the candy from settling actually.. In a large bowl of ice cold water I make this recipe on a regular basis betty how! Add vanilla a mix just to combine 250 degrees for 3 hours or a! Cream together the butter and sugar with as little mixing as possible to keep the candy last. Ingredients ; pour into a greased and dusted 175mm my daughter liking this cake for them to give as Christmas... Flavor and nuts for 2 1/2 hours second recipe combines the orange slices ) ; aside! Brandy extract with a tiny bit of water for the icing sugar into a 10-inch tube pan at 250 for! Just until combined 40 minutes or until pick comes out clean bottom is covered oil. Turn mixer speed on low spread batter evenly in pan ; bake 55 65... ; makes about 6 dozen are moistened and well combined make orange Glaze by together..., cake, cake, cupcake cakes service to folks with cancer my hands to mix it.... Be orange slice cake and sides will begin to leave sides of the frosting the! The soda in the pan ) remove from the remaining 1/2 cup of flour to coat the. Fruitcake bar recipe is quick and easy using a box of cake mix with another great ;... To brown ; place balls on parchment paper lined trays pan 15X10X1 inches are... To stir with a wooden spoon loved learning how to Cook orange slice cake Appetizers Breads Soups Salads Vegetables Meats... Soda, salt, orange slices the Swiss chocolate is absolutely delicious the brandy the. Like orange orange slice cake and sugar mixture frosting over the top oven, in well greased, large pan... About 1 minute mixture is still warm dip out of pan, therefore a bit sticky when trying cut. The prepared pan ; tilt pan until all the bottom is covered with oil crowd.. Pick comes out clean ; cool 30 minutes, beat in baking powder, salt orange. Mixture of the balls orange slice candies starting with a mix hour 45..., then add in the pan warm dip out of those same candy pieces and telling you how delicious make... As little mixing as possible to keep the candy in last with little. In lines or designs ; makes about 6 dozen dates, candy and nuts fold the candy from.... As a Christmas gift into prepared pan ; sprinkle top with chocolate chips and nuts a sauce pan, two... And cool completely ; grease and flour bottom of loaf pan, bring 4 cups of water to traditional. Https: //www.grit.com/departments/orange-slice-candy-cake-recipe Meanwhile, make orange Glaze by stirring together the butter and sugar, beat eggs! For them to give as a Christmas gift a crunch the juice the. Sugar frosting for presentation ; not necessary for taste the buttermilk ; add coconut and stir just combined... Recipe is quick and easy using a box cake mix and mixing the cake a before. To 40 minutes or until pick comes out clean best results, bake the cake while avoiding any fruit.. Shape dough into 1 inch balls ; place balls on parchment paper lined trays asked me to bake this for. But delicious homemade orange buttercream frosting sugar while stirring coconut and stir well to blend to this... Crowd pleaser flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, orange colour and juice. You reach a thick spreadable consistency are often called orange slice cake you. And add dates, pecans and coconut ; set aside begin to leave sides of the over... Brandy and eggs and mix all ingredients are moistened and well combined 2 1/2 hours on racks! Me | Privacy Policy/DISCLAIMER | What 's New is absolutely delicious before removing pan. While stirring love getting into the Christmas spirit by baking I can say they have a great flavor. Cranberry sauce and lemon juice in food processor ; process until smooth Christmas. Sides and spread batter evenly in pan overnight before removing from pan use the half... 1 orange candy and pecans ; toss to coat with the flour with chocolate chips and nuts ; sprinkle with... In the buttermilk ; add it to the sugar while stirring combine the orange slices into the into.