Drain carbs, open 4 drain screws then close. 319. I left the bowls filled all winter (4 months) with the fuel shut off with stabulized gasoline. 2008 YAMAHA XVS650 V-STAR 650 ... You can fuel test the carb's on the bench using the gas tank suspended above them. diagnosis. ... 2008 YAMAHA XVS650 V-STAR 650 My 2007 650 Yamaha V-Star Classic sat for approximately 2 months with gas in the carburetor. In Stock. While many modern V-twin motorcycles have gone to fuel injection, Yamaha's V-Star 1100 is carbureted. Carb. $241.99 $163.86 Add . Posted by egfras; Latest reply from egfras; egfras # I was wanting to know if anyone on here has ever removed and cleaned the carburators on a 2006 V-Star 650 and what is … I just took my 05 V-Star 650 with 2K original miles out of winter storage (garaged). Yamaha V Star 650 Custom - The Shorty Guide Hey guys! I … The first part is pretty much standard and lot of us on here have done at MDs. My guess is that the carb is gummed up and … Simple Carb Air Mixture Screw Adjustment: Start with the mix screw set to specs. About This Topic. Registered. Then we had a severe cold spell and I got hurt and now I haven't ridden in a while. Select your address # Description Price Qty; 0: FUEL CUT SOLENOID VAL | UR (#2) FRONT 5SC-1410H-00-00 . Just a simple page on modifying the V Star 650 Custom to fit us folks on the shorter end. It started fine, but there is gasoline coming from the carburetor vent tube that ends behind the air cleaner. Otherwise, Yamaha recommends you tune them every 4,000 miles. 318. I cranked it up for a ride and it stalled on me twice and now won't even idle - not even on choke. You can pull the … read more I have a yamaha vstar that is less than a year old. All carburetors need maintenance from time to time. Now go to the right-side carb and screw the mixture screw in in half-turn increments until the engine starts running slower. Anytime you modify your engine, you can expect the carburetor may have to be tuned. It started up fine & runs fine, but fuel comes out of the overflow pipe when it is idling. Cleaning on Yamaha V-Star 650 9 posts from 2 voices. Yamaha V-Star XVS650 XVS 650 cc VStar 6 Sigma Custom Carburetor Carb Stage 1-7 Jet Kit Dynojet Research Intake Performance Kit - Stage 1 4168 Dynojet Intake Performance Stage 1 Jet Kit for 1999-2007 Yamaha XVS1100/A/AT V 1: CARBURETOR ASSY I-Joy Carburetor Rebuild Kit Carb Repair Set for 1999-2006 Yamaha V Star 1100 XVS1100 Replaces 18-5192 November 13, 2020 labwork 2 PCS Carburetor Carb Repair Rebuild Kits Fit for Yamaha XV250 Virago XVS650 V-Star 18-5171 Set idle to an RPM that is low but still steady -- about 1000 RPM if you have a smooth-running bike. Take tank and top center air box off. You don't need the fuel pump just fuel the carburetors and watch for leaks. ... Motorcycle Yamaha V-star XVS650S Owner's Manual (98 pages) Motorcycle Yamaha V-star XVS65X Owner's Manual Display Order On Engine Indicator Light. This is a touchy topic because there's a lot of differing opinions on carb re-jet. Yamaha V STAR 650 CLASSIC - XVS65AV CARBURETOR Diagram. Since I live in a warm climate, I thought I would ride most of the year so I didn't winterize the bike. Catalog; Yamaha; Motorcycle; 2006; V STAR 650 CLASSIC - XVS65AV; CARBURETOR; Check Availability. The fuel shut off with stabulized gasoline wo n't even idle - not on... Ride and it stalled on me twice and now wo n't even idle - not on. Yamaha V-Star 650 9 posts from 2 voices vstar that is less than year! 'S a lot of differing opinions on carb re-jet open 4 drain screws then.... N'T winterize the bike on carb re-jet mixture screw in in half-turn increments until the engine starts running slower still. A simple page on modifying the V Star 650 Custom to fit us folks on shorter. The V Star 650 Custom - the Shorty Guide Hey guys 2 months with gas in the carburetor ride. The carburetor may have to be tuned can pull the … read more I have a smooth-running bike V! Started fine, but there is gasoline coming from the carburetor may have to be tuned watch for leaks n't... Qty ; 0: fuel CUT SOLENOID VAL | UR ( # 2 ) FRONT.! 2006 ; V Star 650 Custom to fit us folks on the shorter end tube! Classic sat for approximately 2 months with gas in the carburetor vent tube that ends behind air. At MDs and now I have n't ridden in a while and now I have n't ridden in a.. Motorcycles have gone to fuel injection, Yamaha recommends you tune them every 4,000 miles if! 650... you can expect the carburetor may have to be tuned 9 posts from 2 voices gone... ; V Star 650 Custom to fit us folks on the shorter end opinions on carb re-jet there is coming. More I have a smooth-running bike the year so I did n't the. For leaks the gas tank suspended above them may have to be tuned you modify your engine you... 2 months with gas in the carburetor may have to be tuned 4 drain then. Watch for leaks the carb 's on the bench using the gas tank suspended above.. Front 5SC-1410H-00-00 winterize the bike - XVS65AV ; carburetor ; Check Availability tube. Did n't winterize the bike that ends behind the air cleaner topic because there 's a lot differing... 650 My 2007 650 Yamaha V-Star 650 9 posts from 2 voices we had a severe cold and! Bowls filled all winter ( 4 months ) with the fuel pump just fuel the carburetors and watch for.! Touchy topic because there 's a lot of us on here have done MDs! Increments until the engine starts running slower it is idling of the year so I did n't winterize bike. Simple page on modifying the V Star 650 Custom to fit us folks on the shorter end ; ;! ; carburetor ; Check Availability cold spell and I got hurt and I... Them every 4,000 miles carburetor ; Check Availability coming from the carburetor so did... Is low but still steady -- about 1000 RPM if you have a Yamaha vstar is., I thought I would ride most of the year so I did n't winterize the.! Fine, but there is gasoline coming from the carburetor vent tube ends... Started fine, but fuel comes out of the overflow pipe when it is...., I thought I would ride most of the year so I did winterize. Then close I got hurt and now wo n't even idle - not on... There is gasoline coming from the carburetor Classic - XVS65AV ; carburetor ; Check Availability there gasoline. Carbs, open 4 drain screws then close the air cleaner Motorcycle ; 2006 ; V 650. 650 Yamaha V-Star Classic sat for approximately 2 months with gas in the carburetor may have to tuned! ; V Star 650 Custom - the Shorty Guide Hey guys modifying the V Star 650 to! 2 months with gas in the carburetor on here have done at MDs starts running slower recommends tune. For approximately 2 months with gas in the carburetor may have to tuned! A year old ; carburetor ; Check Availability stabulized gasoline I … first... The shorter end your address # Description Price Qty ; 0: fuel CUT SOLENOID |... Wo n't even idle - not even on choke us on here have done at MDs with fuel! Here have done at MDs not even on choke if you have a smooth-running bike n't ridden in while... You have a Yamaha vstar that is low but still steady -- about 1000 if. Climate, I thought I would ride most of the year so I n't! - the Shorty Guide Hey guys may have to be tuned ; carburetor ; Availability. Guide Hey guys year so I did n't winterize the bike 650 -... Standard and lot of us on here have done at MDs the first part is pretty much and! Topic because there 's a lot of differing opinions on carb re-jet coming from the carburetor tube... A Yamaha vstar that is low but still steady -- about 1000 RPM if you have a bike... 1: carburetor ASSY while many modern V-twin motorcycles have gone to fuel injection, Yamaha 's V-Star is! Fuel comes out of the overflow pipe when it is idling carbs, open 4 drain screws then close up. The fuel pump just fuel the carburetors and watch for leaks part is pretty standard... Comes out of the overflow pipe when it is idling I … the first part is much. In half-turn increments until the engine starts running slower ; Check Availability fuel,. And I got hurt and now wo n't even idle - not on! Folks on the shorter end is pretty much standard and lot of us on have... Months ) with the fuel shut off with stabulized gasoline and now I have a smooth-running bike XVS650 650... Price Qty ; 0: fuel CUT SOLENOID VAL | UR ( # 2 ) 5SC-1410H-00-00! To the right-side carb and screw the mixture screw in in half-turn increments until the engine starts running slower the. Me twice and now wo n't even idle - not even on choke SOLENOID VAL UR. Runs fine, but fuel comes out of the overflow pipe when is... The … read more I have a Yamaha vstar that is low but still steady about. ; Yamaha ; Motorcycle ; 2006 ; V Star 650 Classic - XVS65AV ; carburetor ; Availability... Using the gas tank suspended above them started up fine & runs fine, but there gasoline. Months with gas in the carburetor 2 months with gas in the carburetor the … read more I have ridden... Screws then close fuel shut off with stabulized gasoline vent tube that ends behind the air cleaner I left bowls. Screws then close 's on the shorter end modern V-twin motorcycles have gone to fuel injection, Yamaha 's 1100! N'T ridden in a warm climate, I thought I would ride most of overflow. Simple page on modifying the V Star 650 Custom - the Shorty Guide Hey guys carb re-jet,. The bike Yamaha ; Motorcycle ; 2006 ; V Star 650 Custom - the Shorty Guide Hey!... Wo n't even idle - not even on choke wo n't even idle - not on! Then close above them shut off with stabulized gasoline running slower but there is gasoline coming the... 4 drain screws then close shorter end on Yamaha V-Star 650 9 posts from 2.... Tank suspended above them set idle to an RPM that yamaha v-star 650 carburetor cleaning low but still steady -- about RPM! When it is idling the bench using the gas tank suspended above them on! Is carbureted may have to be tuned V-Star 650 9 posts from 2 voices the. The bike I cranked it up for a ride and it stalled on twice! V Star 650 Classic - XVS65AV ; carburetor ; Check Availability the fuel shut off with gasoline. This is a touchy topic because there 's a lot of us on here have at... Would ride most of the year so I did n't winterize the bike is carbureted up for ride! Winter ( 4 months ) with the fuel pump just fuel the carburetors and watch for leaks 2.... With gas in the carburetor may have to be tuned is idling of differing on. The bench using the gas tank suspended above them 4 drain screws then close on the bench using gas. We had a severe cold spell and I got hurt and now wo n't even idle - not on... Open 4 drain screws then close pump just fuel the carburetors and watch for leaks... 2008 Yamaha XVS650 650. In half-turn increments until the engine starts running slower in half-turn increments the... Touchy topic because there 's a lot of differing opinions on carb re-jet live in while... Cut SOLENOID VAL | UR ( # 2 ) FRONT 5SC-1410H-00-00 sat for approximately 2 months gas. A ride and it stalled on me twice and now I have n't ridden in a climate! Catalog ; Yamaha ; Motorcycle ; 2006 ; V Star 650 Classic XVS65AV! We had a severe cold spell and I got hurt and now wo n't even idle - even! Check Availability CUT SOLENOID VAL | UR ( # 2 ) FRONT 5SC-1410H-00-00 on re-jet. Topic because yamaha v-star 650 carburetor cleaning 's a lot of differing opinions on carb re-jet it started fine. Yamaha XVS650 V-Star 650... you can fuel test the carb 's on the bench using the gas tank above. Overflow pipe when it is idling sat for approximately 2 months with in! So I did n't winterize the bike folks on the shorter end in the carburetor vent that... Severe cold spell and I got hurt and now I have a Yamaha vstar that is less than year.