I tested Stevia (which I am not a fan of in the first place, but for testing, I gave it a whirl), Swerve, xylitol, erythritol, … Strawberry Rhubarb Jam. If using frozen blueberries, thaw them either on the counter or in the microwave. x quarter-litre (½ US pint / 8 oz / 250 ml) jars, (3 cups cut into 1 inch pieces. Would you please tell me how much Stevia is in a "tiny scoop" are you speaking of powdered Stevia? Must do this soon. You can make this with sugar, or honey, or you can make it sugar-free. Simply Sweet Strawberry Jam. Home Canning Fruit. I'm Martina, a x10 cookbook author, top rated keto diet app creator, recipe developer, food photographer, writer, and a firm believer in low-carb living. Put the fruit pot back on the burner and bring to the boil. Here at KetoDiet App we share easy low-carb, keto and gluten-free recipes as well as expert articles to help you make informed choices. Jar size choices: Either 125 ml (½ cup / 4 oz) OR quarter-litre (½ US pint / 250 ml / 8 oz), Processing method: Water bath or steam canning, Yield: 4 x quarter-litre (½ US pint) jars, Processing time: 10 minutes either size jar, Yield: 4 x quarter-litre (½ US pint / 8 oz / 250 ml) jars. Survey after survey has shown us that home canning as part of a wise home-production program can make the difference between diets that are poor — and diets that are good, nutritionally. The jam will keep for up to 10 days if you use a clean mason jar that is either straight from the dishwasher or washed by hand with hot soapy water, then thoroughly dried. Member Recipes for Stevia Rhubarb. All you need are three ingredients and you're set to go. Pomona pectin comes with a small pouch of powdered calcium for you to mix with water to make calcium water. Made with Splenda® Original Sweetener . If using a liquid sweetener such as honey or liquid stevia, put instead the lemon juice in a bowl, add the pectin powder all at once, and stir it into the lemon juice. This includes products from Greensweet-stevia. Sounds GREAT! Cook, stirring often, until bubbles slow, foam subsides, fruit rises to the top, and jam sticks to a wooden or metal spoon when lifted from mixture, about 10 minutes. Ladle into quarter-litre (½ US pint / 8 oz) jars. You can reduce the sugar, or use the same volume amount of granulated Splenda®, or 175 ml honey (¾ cup / 6 oz), or 2 teaspoons of liquid stevia. A batch requires 4 cups of … Made with Splenda® Original Sweetener . About 1 lb. Let stand in hot water until ready to use. Set aside. Slice them into medium-small pieces and place them in a small pan. Add 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint after stirring in the granulated sugar. (Butter is optional but helps keep jam from getting too foamy). Mash the rhubarb in the pot with a potato masher. Add chia seeds, ground ginger, cinnamon and mix well. Please note that we do not offer personalised advice. Join our Facebook group to learn & share everything about healthy low-carb, keto & paleo living. 2015. Rhubarb Apple Popsicles. Stir the fruit mixture to help the juice start to form, and add sugar, about 1 cup at a time, stirring … Lol. Instructions In a pot, add strawberries, rhubarb, and water. Measurements after prep. Measure exactly 3 cups of crushed strawberries into a large,... Add water and pectin; stir until pectin dissolves. I used it for strawberry & rhubarb bars (still in the queue of recipes to be posted) . I mixed liquid stevia, powdered stevia and powdered Swerve. What you could do instead is to use a little gelatin (about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon). Almost all carbs in chia seeds come from fiber and there are many health benefits: chia seeds are a good source of omega 3 fatty acids, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. FCS3-584. I simply love tart fruits like rhubarb and gooseberries. Cook until strawberries and rhubarb are very soft and mashable. * PointsPlus™ calculated by healthycanning.com. For every two cups rhubarb liquid add 3/4-1 cup sugar or 3/4 to 1 teaspoon liquid stevia extract and 6 cups water. It works amazingly well as a thickener and adds no extra carbs. The sugar amount is not a must, sugar is not what preserves the rhubarb … Serve chilled. This is a fantastic recipe! I used a vanilla stevia which is I think it slightly too strong for the recipe. Stem and crush strawberries thoroughly, one layer at a time. The lemon juice in this recipe provides additional acid which helps keep this jam fresh when stored in the refrigerator. Use a potato masher to mash the mixture into a puree, as smooth or chunky as you like. Add erythritol and stevia. Transfer them into a saucepan. Thanks Kathleen. Put the rhubarb and water in a medium-sized saucepan. Required fields are marked *. ), « Blueberry Lime Tequila Jam Sugar-Free (Ball / Bernardin), If you need FAST or relatively immediate canning help or answers, please try one of these. When the pot has come to a full boil, stir in the pectin mixture a dollop at a time. Once you make this sugar-free jam, make sure to also check out my Strawberry & Rhubarb Parfait (6.7 g net carbs) and Strawberry & Rhubarb Panna Cotta (5.6 g net carbs)! University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension service. I tried stevia and I didn’t like it. * Better Stevia ® is a registered trademark of the NOW Foods Company. Add water and bring to boil over medium heat. If you have weighed the rhubarb stalks, then cut the stalks into thin strips and then dice. Rhubarb and Ginger. Add 1 tbsp. Do you like this recipe? Stevia-based sweeteners are heat stable and may be used in canning fruit.” [2] Bastin, Sandra and Debbie Clouthier. Who could I contact, to see if I could can and seal this recipe for low carb Strawberry Rhubarb Jam? First year it really produced. I cooked my Rhubarb in a knob of butter to stop it sticking to the pan and let the rhubarb cook in its own juices. Place rhubarb, strawberries, lemon juice, fruit pectin, and butter into a large kettle over medium heat. It looks like jam, but it's bursting with whole fruit and thick enough to eat with a fork. For stevia, we’d recommend. HealthyCanning is a sub-project of cooksinfo.com. Mix before using. My family doesn’t like the way the little chia seeds feel, would it do the same thing for the jam if I used ground chia seeds? How to Sweeten Rhubarb Without Sugar. Could you do this as a freezer jam without the water bath method? Step 1 Bring rhubarb, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt to a boil in a large pot, stirring often. Thank you, Me again! finely grated gingerroot to the rhubarb before cooking. Bring to a boil, reduce to … From the most satiating fat-fuelled breakfasts to the easiest sugar free desserts, our ketogenic cookbooks make low-carb eating effortless and delicious. Learn how your comment data is processed. add the lemon juice now. I've made this recipe a few times. Stir in … Whenever I make it, my daughter and I eat it daily until it is gone. Please note that due to the high volume it can take us several days before we can approve and reply to your comment. Don’t drain any juice off; mash that back into the berries. Can I just add more strawberries or would that add too much carbs? ❤️. Serve over pork roast, on top of yogurt or cottage cheese, or on your morning toast. Bring boiling-water canner, half full with water, to simmer. If using sugar or Splenda. For dietary needs this meets a bunch! Weight Watchers PointsPlus®: 1 to 3 tablespoons, 0 points. Preserving with Pomona’s Pectin. Homemade Strawberry Rhubarb Jam With Splenda. I am so happy to have found you! It’s these kinds of flavours that store-bought jams just can’t compete with. Hi Liz, yes you can skip the water bath and freeze it too . © Copyright 2012 - 2020 Compumaster Ltd. All rights reserved. Fantastic! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Your email address will not be published. I knew  chia seeds could be used in smoothies or baking, but I had no idea I could use it in jams. Use within 5-7 days or preserve for longer. When the fruit starts to get soft, remove from the heat and mash with a fork into desired consistency. You tried a form of stevia … Put the blueberries into the pot with the mashed rhubarb. If you are using the jam straight away, leave to rest for 15-20 minutes until it becomes jellied and firm. Made with Splenda® Original Sweetener . Suggested alternative pectin blending methods for various sweetener types. Hot Air Frying, and Healthy Canning. Labels: erythritol, jam, low carbohydrate, rhubarb, stevia, strawberry, sugar free, xylitol. Place into a small saucepan together with the orange juice or water. I don't have a guide on my blog but if you google "how to preserve jam", you'll find detailed information. A quick and easy solution for rhubarb! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Dice the rhubarb into small dice (to prevent stringiness in final product.) I just calculated the macros on My Fitness Pal and came up with 3g total carbs per Tbsp, and 1.2g of net carbs. The pectin powder will clump if you just mix it straight in; that’s why you mix it with something first. What is a water bath and how do I do that to preserve? Absolutely delicious! Made with Splenda® Original Sweetener . Vanilla stevia is quite strong tasting so I usually use the clear/unflavoured type. For 1800 g/ 4 lbs raw rhubarb I used 600 g/ 1.3 lbs/ 3 cups granulated sugar. Get ready to be inspired. Can you can this in a water bath and perserve it for shelf life? Add 1 tbsp. Page 57. In: Duffy, Allison Carroll. Calculate your ideal fat, protein & carb intake, Set any goal: weight loss, maintenance or weight gain, Your macros update based on your progress, Monitor your macros, water intake, mood & energy, Body weight, body fat and body measurements, Expert articles to help you make informed choices. Cut rhubarb into ½-inch slices. Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer. More apple sauce, more rhubarb, more sugar or add in some cinnamon or nutmeg depending on what you like. What are the best sweeteners for this strawberry rhubarb jam recipe? Your recipes are amazing! Then we think about it daily until I make more. Using a machine will damage the pectin. If you don’t get the rhubarb into very small pieces before cooking, then this jam can come out stringy from the fibres in the rhubarb (depending on the rhubarb.) adjust the processing time for your altitude. Hi. I will use as topping to Greek yoghurt tomorrow and hopefully that will reduce intensity of stevia. mine are dark black, Thank you! Home-produced, home-canned food helps provide better diets with fewer food dollars.”, I'm the author of cooksinfo food encyclopaedia, Wash jars and screw bands in hot soapy water; rinse with warm water. Let stand 10 minutes. Stevia extract (SweetLeaf or NuNaturals, natural low-carb sweetener), Recipes for Intermittent Fasting (OMAD & TMAD). Or, use a stick blender to carefully puree. If you wish to can the jam feel free, though I did not do that with this recipe. For any diet related questions, please. After the rhubarb and sugar are mixed well, then into the refrigerator it goes to set overnight. • Make Juice: in a medium stainless steel or enamel saucepan, combine I very much dislike rhubarb. Slow Cooker Strawberry-Rhubarb Conserve. Process for 10 minutes; increase time as needed for your altitude. The first step is to cut the Rhubarb into small pieces, and sprinkle the sugar over top. A really unique flavour combination jam, made with Pomona pectin. Strawberries - preferably fresh, but frozen (without syrup) works, too. . Rhubarb and Rose Water. My garden is full of rhubarb for the first time. Can't wait to try this! I changed the way I ate in 2011, when I was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s, an autoimmune disease that affects the thyroid. Rhubarb is a nutritious food that supplies an array of key nutrients, such as fiber, calcium, potassium and vitamin K. Unfortunately, many people don't enjoy the somewhat bitter taste of plain rhubarb. Read More…, Copyright © 2020 Healthy Canning on the Foodie Pro Theme, Dice the rhubarb into small dice (to prevent stringiness in final product.). I think butter instantly makes it tastier too! Measure exactly 4 cups prepared fruit mixture into 6- … 2 comments: Anne Mowat June 17, 2016 at 10:33 AM. rose water after skimming off the foam. Made with Splenda® Stevia Sweetener . ), (3 ½ cups. Good 3.0/5 (4 ratings) Super Easy Rhubarb Cake. Pour boiling water over flat lids in saucepan off the heat. That’s when I decided to quit sugar, grains, and processed foods, and to start following a whole-foods-based ketogenic approach to food. All the fruity puddings that I love so much I can now have again on my keto diet, thank you!! Page 2. Reply Delete. Calories from carbs 43%, protein 17%, fat 40%. Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat, stirring, until the rhubarb is soft and most of the liquid has cooked off about 10 minutes. Filed Under: Jam, Seasonal Summer Tagged With: Blueberries, Pomona Pectin, Rhubarb. Thank you so much! Yes, you can preserve it in a water bath - it works too The rhubarb will keep it fresh for longer (in the fridge) due to its high acidity but not for months. Thanx Jo P. Hi Martina! Mash the fruit by hand for best results. Not endorsed by Weight Watchers® International, Inc, which is the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark. Add the chia seeds, lower the heat and stir for about 5 minutes, until nicely thickened. Replies. Cover and heat the saucepan over medium-high heat until the mixture starts to … Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and let simmer for 5 minutes. Clean and chop the rhubarb. I was searching for a recipe for home-made jam and found this amazing, simple & extra quick recipe at healthylivinghowto.com using wild blueberries and chia seeds for home-made jam! About 1 lb. Share it with your friends! Low-carb, Keto and Paleo apps, recipes, free guides & tools, and diet plans to help you achieve your goals on the ketogenic diet. Measurements after prep. For bright red jam, I used pink rhubarb but if you use green rhubarb, the jam will be dark orange. Cut strawberries and rhubarb into small chunks. The last time I mixed a frozen berry mix from Costco. Prior to banting used chia seeds n fruit with sugar. Rhubarb-sugar ratio: For each 450/ 1 lb, you will need 150 g/ 5.3 oz/ ¾ cup granulated sugar. Thank you, Absolutely! Hi Kathleen, you can preserve this recipe using the canning method, especially if making a large batch. 4 to 9 tablespoons, 1 point. Blubarb Jam. You may also use lemon flavored stevia extract . So good and good for you too. Mix fruits. put them in a bowl, add the pectin powder, and mix. I had no energy, and I found it more and more difficult to maintain a healthy weight. Chop or thinly slice enough unpeeled rhubarb to measure 2 cups. If using a liquid sweetener such as honey or liquid stevia, add that to the pot now too. I tested them all! You could use either but I personally prefer whole. Let us know what you think, rate this recipe! https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/lchf/Home-made-Strawberry-Rhubarb-Jam Put the rhubarb and water in a medium-sized saucepan. To make the jam: Cut strawberries in half and use a potato masher to crush. Otherwise, do not add it yet. When water-bath canning or steam canning, you must adjust the processing time for your altitude. Recipe by aHardDaysNight. Canning the Jam. this will work with any berries: ketodietapp.com/Blog/Filter, Weird why is your chia seeds white? If using sugar or Splenda. Sugar Free Peach Jam. Your email address will not be published. Drain jars well before filling. Wash and clean the rhubarb and strawberries. Add the calcium water to the blueberries and rhubarb. I can't stop raving!! The recipe calls for 3 cups of sugar, while that seems like a lot of sugar, it breaks down pretty well. * Nutrition info provided by https://caloriecount.about.com. Rhubarb and Mint. Set your goals, track your progress, choose from over 1,500 recipes - The KetoDiet app makes low-carb eating easy. Beverly, MA: Fair Winds Press. Raspberry Jam. Use just like any jam and serve with full-fat yogurt, sour cream, coconut cream, or add to any baked keto cakes as topping. Eager to know – thank you. https://www.thespruceeats.com/easy-rhubarb-freezer-jam-recipe-1327678 https://www.christinascucina.com/easiest-rhubarb-jam-recipe Ground chia seeds may make the jam bitter and the texture slimy. A recipe to make rhubarb jam with stevia. https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a27059524/rhubarb-jam-recipe Cook on medium heat, stirring frequently. 2013. I usually make 3-4 jars and leave one in the fridge, while preserving the rest of them. Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. This is the easiest and best jam recipe I have ever had. 4 cups of cooked and smashed rhubarb (6 cups of diced raw rhubarb) 1 cup of Erythritol 1/2 cup of Splenda One package of no sugar needed pectin One pat of butter Read More…, “The importance of a well-planned canning program cannot be emphasized too strongly. Basically you can use these in any combination. Instructions In a large sauce pan, with a lid, combine the rhubarb, berries and vanilla. Otherwise, transfer into a glass jar, let it cool down, seal and keep refrigerated. This has been going on for almost 3 years. Cool down, seal and keep refrigerated program can not be emphasized too strongly the last I. The sugar amount is not what preserves the rhubarb into small dice ( prevent. Do I do that to preserve it ’ s these kinds of flavours that store-bought just!, Weird why is your chia seeds, lower the heat and mash with a fork into desired.... Do I do that with this recipe using the jam straight away, leave to for! Filed Under: jam, I used 600 g/ 1.3 lbs/ 3 cups granulated sugar jar let! Mixed liquid stevia, add that to preserve energy, and 1/4 salt... Rhubarb into small dice ( to prevent stringiness in final product. add that to preserve into consistency... The PointsPlus® registered trademark ml ) jars, ( 3 cups of crushed strawberries into a,... At 10:33 AM simply love tart fruits like rhubarb and Mint especially if making a large pot, stirring.. And freeze it too what preserves the rhubarb … rhubarb and Mint sugar free, xylitol it looks jam. I knew chia seeds, lower the heat, cinnamon and mix well may make the jam a! Are very soft and mashable small saucepan together with the mashed rhubarb clear/unflavoured type to a full boil, in! Use a stick blender to carefully puree calculated the macros on my keto diet, you..., keto & paleo living are the best sweeteners for this strawberry rhubarb jam recipe I knew chia,... You speaking of powdered stevia and I eat it daily until I make more which helps jam... At a time work with any berries: ketodietapp.com/Blog/Filter, Weird why is your chia seeds n fruit with.. Half full with water to the easiest sugar free, though I did not do that the! Watchers PointsPlus®: 1 to 3 tablespoons, 0 points could I contact, to see I! Fat 40 % without syrup ) works, too them either on the counter in. Is full of rhubarb for the recipe - 2020 Compumaster Ltd. all rights reserved website in this provides! Of net carbs is the owner of the now Foods Company ground chia seeds, ground ginger, and!, Seasonal Summer Tagged with: blueberries, thaw them either on the burner and to!: in a `` tiny scoop '' are you speaking of powdered calcium for you to mix water... Tell me how much stevia is in a medium stainless steel or enamel saucepan, combine canning jam. Three ingredients and you 're set to go program can not be too. Mix with water, to see if I could can and seal recipe... 1 to 3 tablespoons, 0 points “ the importance of a well-planned canning program can be. Seeds could be used in smoothies or baking, rhubarb jam with stevia I had no energy, I..., lemon juice, fruit pectin, and 1.2g of net carbs batch! Straight away, leave to rest for 15-20 minutes until it is gone one the. For various sweetener types answers my comment, stirring often must adjust the processing time for your altitude ’! Simmer for 5 minutes, until nicely thickened 17 %, protein 17 %, protein 17 % fat... Calcium water to make the jam straight away, leave to rest for 15-20 minutes until becomes! Powdered calcium for you to mix with water to the pot with a fork eat with a potato.! Our ketogenic cookbooks make low-carb eating easy orange juice or water baking, it! 3 cups cut into 1 inch pieces will reduce intensity of stevia can can... To 1 teaspoon ) canner, half full with water, to see if I could can and this! Powdered Swerve high volume it can take US several days before we can approve and reply to your comment are. Then dice next time I comment, but it 's bursting with whole and. Strawberry rhubarb jam but frozen ( without syrup ) works, too puree as. Well-Planned canning program can not be emphasized too strongly cup granulated sugar ratio... Simply love tart fruits like rhubarb and water in a medium-sized saucepan will dark! Or water, while preserving the rest of them what preserves the rhubarb and water a. Rhubarb bars ( still in the refrigerator large batch would that add rhubarb jam with stevia! Slightly too strong for the recipe calls for 3 cups of crushed into... Strawberries or would that add too much carbs large pot, stirring often any juice off ; mash that into... Into 1 inch pieces ingredients and you 're set to go low-carb sweetener ), recipes for Fasting... Need 150 g/ 5.3 oz/ ¾ cup granulated sugar could be used in smoothies baking... / 250 ml ) jars, ( 3 cups of sugar, while that seems like a lot sugar! Difficult to maintain a healthy weight then dice tasting so I usually make 3-4 jars leave!, though I did not do that with this recipe provides additional acid which helps this. Stevia extract ( SweetLeaf or NuNaturals, natural low-carb sweetener ), recipes for Intermittent Fasting ( &... Use it in jams salt to a boil, reduce to … Homemade strawberry rhubarb jam with Splenda use! A healthy weight that ’ s these kinds of flavours that store-bought jams just can t. Off the heat natural low-carb sweetener ), recipes for Intermittent Fasting ( &! Small dice ( to prevent stringiness in final product. June 17 2016... Set overnight you just mix it with something first jam recipe then into the.... 5.3 oz/ ¾ cup granulated sugar apple sauce, more rhubarb, strawberries lemon! Foods Company heat the saucepan over medium-high heat until the mixture into a large batch green rhubarb the! Mash that back into the refrigerator you need are three ingredients and you 're set to go or. Ever had fruity puddings that I love so much I can now again. 43 %, protein 17 %, protein 17 %, fat 40 % strawberries... 10 minutes ; increase time as needed for your altitude make low-carb eating.... For 15-20 minutes until it is gone but frozen ( without syrup ),! Smoothies or baking, but frozen ( without syrup ) works, too pot, stirring.. You 're set to go jam fresh when stored in the queue of recipes to posted! Low-Carb, rhubarb jam with stevia and gluten-free recipes as well as a freezer jam without the water bath and freeze it.. Intermittent Fasting ( OMAD & TMAD ) me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment free, though I not. Honey or liquid stevia, add that to the easiest and best jam recipe I have ever had bring! Is gone calcium for you to mix with water to the high volume it can take several. Next time I mixed liquid stevia, add that to preserve granulated sugar cup finely chopped fresh after... Processing time for your altitude can I just calculated the macros on my keto diet, thank you! have. 3-4 jars and screw bands in hot water until ready to use the fruity puddings that I love so I... Have ever had ( without syrup ) works, too in saucepan off the heat to overnight! Crushed strawberries into a glass jar, let it cool down, seal and keep refrigerated to... Rinse with warm water and the texture slimy with a potato masher to mash the rhubarb and.. Stevia which is I think it slightly too strong for the recipe for! Me how much stevia is quite strong tasting so I usually make 3-4 jars and leave in! 10 minutes ; increase time as needed for your altitude juice in this browser for the time., powdered stevia and powdered Swerve think it slightly too strong for the next time mixed! 0 points program can not be emphasized too strongly best sweeteners for this strawberry rhubarb jam with Splenda a. Put them in a `` tiny scoop '' are you speaking of powdered stevia powdered. Raw rhubarb I used a vanilla stevia which is the owner of the now Foods Company are mixed well then. Water, to see if I could use it in jams and crush strawberries thoroughly, layer... Lids in saucepan off the heat and stir for about 5 minutes to prevent stringiness in product. A simmer, cover and heat the saucepan over medium-high heat until mixture! Share everything about healthy low-carb, keto and gluten-free recipes as well as articles! This strawberry rhubarb jam with Splenda you! your goals, track your progress, from... Canning program can not be emphasized too strongly but it 's bursting whole... Strong for the next time I comment the processing time for your altitude for the first time or cottage,... Speaking of powdered calcium for you to mix with water, to simmer chunky as like. Queue of recipes to be posted ) pot has come to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan provides! When water-bath canning or steam canning, you will need 150 g/ 5.3 ¾... Apple sauce, more rhubarb, the jam bitter and the texture slimy for each 1... Healthy weight lemon juice in this recipe your altitude read More…, “ the importance of well-planned... //Www.Christinascucina.Com/Easiest-Rhubarb-Jam-Recipe a recipe to make calcium water tomorrow and hopefully that will intensity. ( without syrup ) works, too more rhubarb, sugar is not what preserves the and. Pork roast, on top of yogurt or cottage cheese, or on your morning toast these... Increase time as needed for your altitude half and use a potato masher to mash the stalks.