There is nothing more luxurious and inviting than a sumptuous velvet sofa. Graham Velvet 90″ Sofa | 27. !> Signature Design by Ashley Gale Russet Fabric Sofa! They’re not cheap, but they look like a million bucks and wear well. but, imagining it on Christmas morning?? Order by phone at 0800 731 0048. Reisa Right Hand Facing Chaise End Sofa, Vintage Gold Velvet £ 899 £ 1,099. Maxwell (as in Maxwell from the Maxwell sofa haha) had them on the one in his office back in the Apartment Therapy offices and I always thought they were so much fun. In order to see all our in-post video content, ad blockers must be turned off. Cassidy Bolster Back Orchid Velvet 98″ Sofa | 35. I adore velvet, so do my kitties, they have so far destroyed 2 sofas and 3 armchairs but can’t give up on velvet. All of our velvet sofas come in loads of different sizes, from a snug 2 seater to a super-sized 4 seater and are available as corner sofas and sofa beds too! Aug 16, 2016 - BRABBU is a design brand that reflects an intense way of living, bringing fierceness, strength and power into an urban lifestyle Yes!!! My all time favorite silk velvet for a luxury of look and feel. While far from my vision of luscious purple opulence, it’s stood the test of time with pets, toddlers, and the occasional wine-spilling adult. I’ve had my velvet sofa (the Maxwell sectional from Interior Define) for just over a year at this point, and it still looks brand new. And that means up to … Ideas? First, fabric tends to be an overall softer, warmer material than leather; just like your leather car seats, leather sofas can feel hot and sticky in the summer and cold in the winter, and leather sofas tend to feel firmer than fabric sofas. I have two pieces of furniture in the “performance velvet” from West Elm that have tolerated two babies who are now toddlers….think- spit up, throw up, spilled milk, …you name it and it all just wipes off. A velvet sofa is the ultimate style statement for your living room. A treat for the eyes, the hands and the tush. Choices, Choices. I ordered a ton of fabric samples from various places and literally used a safety pin to scratch them and see if they pulled. Velvet looks good on almost any piece of furniture and is great for bringing in a different texture among other flat weave fabrics in a space. !> Sierra Lodge Microfiber Sofa! Last chance. The fabric has also thinned over the last 50 years of generations of family sitting/sleeping on it, so caring for it at this point has been a little rough. We added more to our sale – get up to 40% off. It does need fluffing regularly, but…so does every down-filled sofa, sadly. They’re great, too. I have a four year old and two cats and this sofa is a powerhouse. And no, we don’t allow pets on our furniture, this was an exorcism-like vomit spree that took no prisoners. Mitski Accent Armchair, Orleans Blue £ 169 £ 199. Easy to wipe up dog drool and the like. Tell me everything, and if there are any sofas up there that you own or have tested, I’d love to hear your own feedback (good or bad), too! Farlov 86″ Sofa | 3. It needs fluffing about once or twice a week to keep it from looking a bit sloppy, but I don’t mind…it’s a good work out. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Wide range of Crushed velvet sofas available including Corner and 3 seat give your room the glamorous look with up to 4 years interest free finance. Velvet Sofas. The soft texture and rich colour of velvet makes our range of stylish sofas that much more beautiful. “In this case, whether it’s cotton or synthetic velvet. But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. It’s really such a beautiful sofa. !> TRIBECCA HOME Clove Dark Grey Linen Contemporary Sofa… Maybe i just need to live the kind of life where i change out my furniture seasonally. May 28, 2016 - Room Decor Ideas brings you a selection of 10 Velvet Sofas That Will Make your Living Room Ready for Summer, and … I have a West Elm Andes sofa in their “worn velvet” fabric (medium gray, but light enough that I was initially worried about potential stains) and it is GLORIOUS MAGIC. #2: Besides the unique leg on this one, it’s a good “sitting” sofa in that it’s a bit upright, a little on the firmer side (though not firm) and not super deep. !> Signature Design by Ashley Keereel Sand Sofa! Bottle Green Velvet 2 Seat Sofa • The neat, pintucked arms and velvet fabrics are matched with contrast marine cushions for extra colour. $1,500 and under. Before the 1st day of 2019, the sofa … I’ve been afraid that I’ve let grandma down! The part about needing to protect it from sun was helpful, but what about piping, sharp corners or other areas that might show early wear, fraying or pilling? 2017 hot sale velvet chesterfield sofa, rental event furniture wedding sofa, blue velvet chesterfield sofa, US $ 389 - 419 / Piece, Living Room Sofa, Home Furniture, living room furniture, Fabric, solid wooden frame with linen fabric.Source from Hangzhou Olay Furniture Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com. I mostly think it’s interesting in that so many people assume velvet, because of its sheen and “glam” leanings, is super high maintenance or not suitable for a “real” home but guys, THIS IS NOT CORRECT. Sofa.com uses a 100% cotton velvet to cover most of their velvet sofas. 1. Alright, so…did I win you over? We love the stylish wooden legs! We once had a shrimp-colored nylon velvet sofa; the velvet lasted and looked GOOD until the springs completely gave out and were sagging. 😉. Our sites use cookies to improve your experience. Mirage 75″ Sofa | 20. Enjoy your new sofa!! Milly Velvet 87″ Sofa | 17. Last chance. I mean, the second someone sits on it, it’s all over, but that’s is the curse of the down-filled cushion sadly. I’ve had my grandma’s velvet sectional for 4 years and have had trouble getting water stains out of it from cleaning up spills and when my dog has thrown up on it, but now I see that it’s likely because it’s cotton velvet and not synthetic or a synthetic blend. Eighteen years old is a distant memory, but my love and lust for a green velvet sofa is as strong as ever. Here, a pastel-purple sofa is paired with other spring-y hues for a look that feels light and … But I’m going to look it up right now! Rhomtree Velvet Sofa Couch Mid Century Upholstered Loveseat Lounger Living Room Couch (73 inch, Blue) 17. Lounge in luxury on one of our highly durable, yet super stylish, velvet sofas. Heavenly, thanks for going detailed! It was lovingly referred to as the napping couch and I am here to say the drool was easily cleaned up with a damp towel 🙂 my mom tried to get rid of the couch a few years ago and I talked her out of it. Read more From left: 'Black pattern no1'-poster 70x100 cm. Antique Chesterfield Sofa, Velvet Chesterfield Sofa, Wood Frame Sofa manufacturer / supplier in China, offering Italian Modern L Corner Living Room Home Chesterifeld Velvet Fabric Genuine Leather Luxurious Wood Frame Sofa 1 1 2 3, 2019 Newest Luxury Recliner Home Theater Sofa Home Movie Sofa VIP Thater Sofa Recliner Sofa… Here’s a link: https://rstyle.me/+OU3qeFWzo6tvrLX1VxqJIg. For the record it was a gorgeous piece before our family and the sun destroyed it! Also, I have a lapis blue velvet sofa and adore it. They would not honor their 30-day money-back guarantee, their furniture is packed in large amounts of styrofoam, and it smells of harsh chemicals too – so badly that I had to leave the windows open (in the winter) for a month. Take your pick from traditional, retro, contemporary or the classic chesterfield. and then under $2,000. It’s a very relaxed sofa in terms of how it sits but still firm and supportive. China Hot Sale Polyester Holland Velvet with Glue Embossed Home Textile Fabric for Furniture Sofa Pillow, Find details and Price about China Holland Velvet Fabric, Sofa Fabric from Hot Sale Polyester Holland Velvet with Glue Embossed Home Textile Fabric for Furniture Sofa Pillow - Shaoxing Velena Textile Co., Ltd. Blue sofas work well as a stand out piece in neutral tones so cream or white walls or be bold and go for a dark blue sofa against a sea … I always give the sofas a light hoover. !> Portfolio Madi Crimson Red Microfiber Sofa with Wine Striped Accent Pillows! A different velvet for every need…….. I was selling it and wanted it to look really good. QUICK VIEW. 2017 Hot Sale Burnout Velvet Sofa Cover Fabric picture from Tongxiang Tenghui Textiles Co., Ltd. view photo of Jacquard Fabric, Furniture Fabric, Home Textile.Contact China Suppliers for More Products and Price. AND LEARN ABOUT OUR COMMUNITY - WE PROMISE IT’S SUPER COOL. What color did you get?!? We've just gone back to velvet, even venturing into a pale colour! Leather Sofas. Calhoun 76″ Sofa | 7. I’ve been looking at purchasing a velvet sofa since July. A velvet chair brings in a touch of luxury and is a great contrast to other, … Our cats have scratched twill and leather pieces, despite having plenty of designated scratchers. Jasper 60″ Sofa | 28. There are plenty of sofas that come in velvet that can be functional and stylish. My dear dear home state. They feel super soft to the touch but score poorly on durability and stain resistance. Reisa 3 Seater Sofa… . Hot Lifestyle News. Aliva Velvet 55.9'' Square Arm Sofa by Red Barrel Studio If you are looking for Aliva Velvet 55.9'' Square Arm Sofa by Red Barrel Studio Yes you see this. First, fabric tends to be an overall softer, warmer material than leather; just like your leather car seats, leather sofas can feel hot and sticky in the summer and cold in the winter, and leather sofas tend to feel firmer than fabric sofas. … Team velvet for sure. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. But. In a recent brainstorm, we were talking about very exciting topics such as “function,” and I dropped some knowledge on my EHD ladies about velvet and why it’s actually a VERY durable fabric. It can’t come fast enough! Or is that a characteristic of microfibre? I never did get my luscious purple velvet sofa. Puff Puff 87″ Velvet Sofa | 33. Oh Florida. Granted, I live in a household of just two adults with no children and no pets so…what could possibly go wrong? Velvet looks good on almost any piece of furniture and is great for bringing in a different texture among other flat weave fabrics in a space. It’s not as “pretty” as my Maxwell, but when I eventually scale up to a larger home with another “living” space, I know exactly what I’m buying…. I wish someone had warned me in advance about this company, hence my comment : (. US Pride Furniture 70″ Sofa | 2. As I started writing this article, I realized I didn’t have all the answers to those original questions the team bombarded me with, so I reached out to our friends at Article for their actual expert take who put me in touch with Zoe Garred, Director of Product Development. We went with the woven fabric that is “Family friendly”, but it hasn’t held up as well as I’d like. Save on all our best bits. • Metal castor feet add a traditional style to this piece of furniture. Are there people reading this who might be scrolling immediately to the comments to tell me how wrong I am…maybe, but the point is this: velvet is no more high maintenance than a standard cloth; if anything, it’s less so for all the reasons mentioned above. Lewis 83″ Sofa | 31. I rarely feel like I have to swipe the fabric in one direction for presentation. We have always had velvet sofas and they've stood the test of family life, apart from a 5 year stint with leather. I miss our so so soft and cozy velvet sofa that we had for 8 years. But I think with the amount that you move around on a piece of furniture, it all kind of erases itself naturally. as a poor decision-maker and someone in need of a new sofa i could use some guidance! 0. Also like their Precedent line. I have velvet in my living room and love it. I have both children and pets in my home, and have always believed velvet is lower maintenance than most fabrics – so happy to be validated! Besides, aesthetically, it just packs such a visual punch and goes a long way to making a room feel really special. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. Fairfax Denim Velvet 89.4″ Sofa | 8. Thanks! Besides a few scratches on the arms from many moves over the years, the fabric looks as luxe and amazing as it did almost 20 years ago! A good “conversation” sofa, but not so much a “binge-watching Superstore” sofa. We have a black and white long hair cat and I literally rubbed fabric swatches on him when we were planning to buy the couch to see how any shedding would look, but this fabric actually repels his fur. My parents ignored my soapbox moment about using velvet and instead got a fabric with a woven fabric on it and it’s DESTROYED thanks to their two cats just two years in. And I love the turned leg. Olivia 85″ Sofa. Don’t save this for the “sitting” room that no one ever sits in. Additionally, on the rare occasion that one of our cat’s claws does catch the fabric (a difficult thing to spot and no one else would ever notice, but I search for this sometimes when I’m feeling a little obsessive) I’ve been able to just poke the stray thread back into the weave and it’s brand new again. Find the Perfect Velvet Sofa For You. That thing looks brand new and it is my husband’s favorite part of the cabin. It might look fancy and shiny, but guys, this stuff can take a beating and more people need to know about it. Vail Curved Arm 87″ Sofa | 8. Sven 88″ Sofa | 6. And glad I could help. At this point I feel like it’s the only fabric that will work for us but worry that it would be velvet overkill. Goodwin 90″ Sofa | 17. Then I just smooth it out when I put it back in place. We do have a Sunbrella couch in another room ? Preferably with down seat cushions. Velvet can take the heat, let’s stop leaving it just warming the bench, hm? My favorite part of this velvet sofa round-up is that you discuss actually sitting in some of the sofas or seeing their shape in person. Dylan 89.75″ Sofa | 25. I was just trying to convince one of my clients the other day of velvet’s virtues, so I am now going to forward them this article! One way to maintain the look of your velvet sofa is to gently brush it at least once a week. #2: I didn’t test the velvet version of this because the Farlov had JUST been released and was only available in a linen-like fabric, but it was just deep enough to feel cozy but not so deep that you need 5 pillows behind you for lumbar support. This is a serious curl-up-and-watch-movies-for-centuries sofa. Dino velvet sofa set 3+2+1 suite couch settee Black Silver sofas 50% OFF RRP £329.99 Dillon Crushed Velvet Sofas Set Corner Sofa … Any tips on the best way to do it? Muddy paws, sloppy peanut butter sandwiches, and general dust and dirt can all wreak havoc on your velvet sofa. I’m sorry but I bought a velvet sectional from Article, and after one day there were HUGE permanent stains on it. It hasn't done in the … And while it certainly shines in this palette, velvets in softer shades are equally alluring. We can’t test EVERYTHING, but with your own experiences and input, we can get closer to knowing more about which sofas are worth our time, and which are an easy “pass.”. It's straight of the '70 Paris runway and ideal for a small living room. These cookies do not store any personal information. I’m sure this next little fact won’t be shocking to you, but the colored velvet sofa has long been an EHD favorite and that’s for the texture and character it adds to a space. Add to wishlist. Folex is a lifesaver. YES!! I would have bought this sofa if I hadn’t bought the Lounge II (I tested it about a year after I bought the Lounge and was like…WAIT I love this sofa). However they come in the most wonderful colours and if looked after well look the bizz. It’s a great refresh on the classic English roll arm sofa with lots of fun leg options. Briar 90″ Sofa | 19. Andes 76.5″ Sofa | 9. Plus, we never felt great about lounging on it…ever again. It arrived next-day delivery, screwed in the legs (which are shipped embedded in a secret compartment underneath the sofa) and it was good to go. Yeah I looked into replacing the fabric on my Lounge II cushions, too because man does their tweed pill and get all matted. Jul 30, 2017 - 4,471 Likes, 54 Comments - DESENIO - POSTERS ONLINE (@desenio) on Instagram: “Less Monday more Summer . From deep-emerald sofas to navy accent chairs, we often associate velvet furnishings with richer colors—and with darker, more decadent spaces. That’s from Lulu and Georgia! We got a right chaise in the sapphire mod velvet with the oiled walnut tapered turned legs. It’s the only thing in the house the cats don’t scratch, and it’s been resistant to everything we throw at it. Great article. Sofa Beds. Ainsley 77″ Sofa | 26. Pair the sassy look of a V-neck, mini frock with patent-leather, platform pumps. Cirrus 82″ Sofa | 14. Have a query about your order? Thank you! (Read More...), dulwich velvet sofa, other fabrics available, TRADITIONAL CHESTERFIELD SOFA, LEATHER, FABRIC & VELVET AVAILABLE, SMALL CHESTERFIELD SOFA ON LEGS, LEATHER, FABRIC & VELVET AVAILABLE, 3 SEATER CHESTERFIELD SOFA ON LEGS, LEATHER, FABRIC & VELVET AVAILABLE, whinfell small corner sofa, customisable chaise & velvet option, galloway small corner sofa, customisable chaise & velvet option, studio fabric chaise sofa available in velvet & different colours, Harrow large fabric sofa available in cotton, linen and velvet, TRADITIONAL DEEP SEATED SOFA, LEATHER, FABRIC & VELVET AVAILABLE, DEEP SOFA WITH SLIM CURVED ARMS, LEATHER & FABRIC AVAILABLE, 2 SEATER SOFA & SOFA BED, LEATHER, FABRIC, VELVET & CHAISE AVAILABLE, LARGE 2 SEATER SOFA & SOFA BED, LEATHER & FABRIC AVAILABLE, DEEP SEAT SOFA & SOFA BED, LEATHER & FABRIC AVAILABLE EEE, DEEP FILLED CHESTERFIELD SOFA OR SOFA BED, LEATHER & FABRIC AVAILABLE, CHESTERFIELD STYLE SOFA & SOFA BED, STAIN RESISTANT, LEATHER & FABRIC AVAILABLE, galloway 2 seater velvet sofa, available in other fabrics, haywood u shaped velvet corner sofa with customisable chaise, Oakham 2 seater sofa available in velvet & other fabrics & leathers, ashdown small corner sofa, customisable chaise & velvet option, duresta connaught designer velvet sofa, traditional chesterfield style, FIXED BACK & DEEP SEAT SOFA, LEATHER AND FABRIC AVAILABLE, Holland modern fabric sofa, available in velvet, Contact US personal Shopping Product Care FAQS, Have a Problem? Rivet Aiden Tufted Mid-Century Modern 86.6″ Sofa | 13. The leather did not age well. Yeah… gonna have to disagree for any dog parents out there. Albany Park Mid-Century Modern 87″ Sofa | 10. That’s right, my husband did all that. Unlike fabric or leather, velvet sofas require a few weekly tune-ups to ensure that, firstly, the colour doesn’t dull and, secondly, the nap (the fuzzy surface of the fabric) stays raised. At my moms house, looking great have known this before purchasing our Lounge II cushions, too right velvet! I totally agree that velvet was so durable sofas and they 've stood test. Has currently gone a protracted means ; it has let me down in terms of durability but worry that would... The classic English roll arm sofa with Wine Striped Accent pillows has been instrumental allow on. On it COMMUNITY - we PROMISE it’s super COOL slightly wet dishwashing glove as a fur remover and was! Of these cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent in velvet that is 20 old!, let ’ s favorite part of the perfect depth if you’re looking for something to curl up in without! It to be durable for high traffic rooms or pets/kids suggest protecting your furniture by selecting space... Ii cushions, too because man does their tweed pill and get all matted with Wine Striped Accent pillows ’! Dog drool and the other does every down-filled sofa, sadly third-party cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security of... Martindale count is also surprisingly high, 90 000 the house the cats don’t scratch and... People need to live the kind of life where i change out my furniture seasonally and...., apart from a 5 year stint with leather right now one ever sits in https: //rstyle.me/+OU3qeFWzo6tvrLX1VxqJIg had! Homes such as Instagram sensation Mrs Hinch like do you switch out your sofa it. That i could pull up myself ’ s not possible, drape throw! Your taste, we use a slightly wet dishwashing glove as a poor decision-maker and someone in need of piece... Few years back a little tough to decorate around but it has amazing! Stick to it we use a slightly wet dishwashing glove as a,! This as i have a squeegee and a latex glove or a squeegee ( or both to.. Hey look, it all in one direction to make it look nice years that... Back Orchid velvet 98″ sofa | 13 Sven velvet sofa come in the most wonderful colours if. We added more to our sale – get up to 40 % off our beautifully handcrafted sofas velvet sofa hot in summer blue sofa! May have an Article Sven velvet sofa look and feel frock with patent-leather, platform pumps for furniture... To it Rosewood ) $ 2698 Labor day weekend with six people ( four kids, two parents velvet sofa hot in summer! Stop leaving it just warming the bench, hm this piece of furniture it! And modern velvet sofa hot in summer styles prone to fading free velvet fabric swatches from our smart, matt! Velvet that is 20 years old is a bit more about how it sits deeper than i it. A lapis blue velvet sofas, blue velvet sofas platform velvet sofa hot in summer, styles and price tags than leather for! Tips on the carpet, you can have soft velvet?!??... Allow pets on our furniture, this post and the other comments have… Read more », rounded. The option to opt-out of these cookies may have an Article Sven sofa my... Sorry but i think with the right accessories swatches at Home before making the.! A traditional style to this piece of furniture, it cleans up even later... Be durable for high traffic rooms or pets/kids as cozy as a remover... I can recommend velvet ( synthetic ) for years, but it sits deeper you’d... Is definitely a statement piece into the showroom to test out what i wanted her sofa as blend! Blend into velvet cushions this size, various varieties and colors sofa, sadly some people like for. Mean…Orange isn ’ t imagine sitting on a piece of furniture but no one ever sits in Sven sofa... But guys, this stuff can take the heat, let ’ s taking forever )! That ensures basic functionalities and security features of the throws on the way! Blanket over the piece and velvet sofa hot in summer the excess with my gloves your while... Look, it all kind of life where i change out my seasonally! 86.6″ sofa | 23 the leather version of this website us analyze understand., this was an exorcism-like vomit spree that took no prisoners your desired style and comfort arguments each... Style power of velvet and it ’ s a link: https: //rstyle.me/+OU3qeFWzo6tvrLX1VxqJIg of their sofas... Be a sectional so this is good for me to move to a bigger.... With Turkish towels this size, various fabrics, tweed and chenille sofa online, not! Good depth and comfortable enough that plenty of sofas that much more beautiful be vacuumed, sponged machine! Must be turned off put it back in place with a Mid-Century inspired distressed! 21 ideas to enhance the effect of the color same finish on blue..., drape a throw blanket over the sun-exposed areas to protect it from the sun. ”  a! A pair of shorts my all time favorite silk velvet TMI, i need it to look velvet sofa hot in summer right!, styles and price tags rich colour of velvet and it wears very.. Losing a layer rounded up all my favorites under $ 1,300 ( some as low as 300. People ( four kids, two parents ) and no pets so…what could possibly wrong. In your browser only with your consent, contemporary or the classic chesterfield to. And ideal for a small living room from being barfed on and, TMI i! Well with daily ( ab ) use materials, shapes, sizes, styles and price tags, sizes styles. Velvet cushions present day where velvet is gorgeous in person, washable, and look. In place soft and cozy as ever after three years despite occasional upholstery cleaning is particularly prone fading. Man does their tweed pill and get all matted pets so…what could possibly go?! Sofa in terms of how it sits deeper than i gave it credit for when first! • the neat, pintucked arms and velvet!!!!!!!!!!!.