Easy . Grease 4 microwave-safe cups or ramekins. Over the past few years I’ve been on a mission to find and create recipes that I can make from scratch. Remove the teacups from the microwave. Yesterday  few relatives and their kids dropped by, so i made few microwave mug cakes and brownies for them and they devoured it in a second. I plan to make it again and again. Over the back of a spoon pour the boiled water and vanilla essence. Sift in flour, sugar and 25g cocoa powder, add milk and vanilla extract, and mix Microwave Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding. Scroll our website to discover daily new and past favourite recipes to suit your needs. 30. Mine tastes the same as what you’re describing but I realised halfway through eating it that I had forgotten to add the milk. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into cake portion. Pour into a deep microwave proof bowl. I over flowed my mug in the microwave, I thought at 1 minute it was still to sausy, I was wrong! Delicious self saucing chocolate pudding which is super easy to make and taste so delicious. 1)Take all purpose flour / maida in a bowl, 10)Spoon it in a microwave safe mug or bowl, 14)Pop it in microwave and microwave on high for 1 to 1.5 mins, Filed Under: baked, Chocolate, Christmas Cakes, Christmas Special Recipes, Cocoa, Eggless Baking Recipes, Microwave Baking, Mug Cakes, My Favorite Recipes, Pudding, Pudding, Pudding, Ramzan Special Recipes, Recent Recipes Tagged With: Chocolate Pudding Cake, Microwave Cake Recipes. Heat juice and water in a heatproof jug in microwave until hot. I ate the whole thing by myself – I probably should have shared though or cut the ingredients in half. More About Me…. Your email address will not be published. Cook it on high power for 1 to 11/2 mins. Loosen the pudding around the edges with a small spatula or butter knife and then invert into a small bowl. Slowly pour over boiling water. This would seriously become a addictive recipe. Ingredients 60g butter 1 1/2 cups self raising flour 1 cup sugar 1/4 cup cocoa 3/4 cup milk 2 tsp vanilla 1 cup brown sugar 1/3 cup cocoa – extra 1 1/2 cups boiling water. Be careful not to overfil your mug as it rises a lot. Contact us: letters@freshlivingmagazine.co.za, Customer CareTerms & ConditionsPrivacy Policy. the fluffy sweet sponge; the sweet butterscotch sauce; For the sponge, you’ll need: brown sugar – I recommend using dark brown sugar as it gives the pudding a richer butterscotch flavour.If you don’t have dark brown sugar, you can absolutely use normal brown sugar (and it will be … Melt on high for 1 minute. Mix together self raising flour, cocoa, sugar and milk in a coffee mug (or other small microwave proof jug). Thank you for this amazing recipe!! There are two parts to this super easy self-saucing pudding:. They are really quick to make, just a quick zap in the microwave and they are done. All Rights Reserved. Sprinkle on top extra cocoa and brown sugar and carefully pour on hot water. Similar Recipes Eggless Molten Lava Cake Microwave Caramel Mug Cake Microwave Pineapple Upside Down Cake Microwave Mocha Cake, https://www.yummytummyaarthi.com/2017/06/microwave-1-min-chocolate-brownie-recipe-eggless.html. What You Need For Butterscotch Pudding. https://www.newideafood.com.au/lemon-and-coconut-self-saucing-puddings It’s that good!! Self-saucing microwave butterscotch pudding, Carrot and quinoa salad with hummus dressing. Good ol’ sweet chilli sauce makes a worthy substitute for the sauce. (Mixture should be combined and cooked. Stir in sifted flour, cocoa, sugar Cover with foil if over browning. Can I make this with chocolate instead of cocoa powder? Your email address will not be published. I cleaned up my mess and ate this wonderful fudgy gooie goodness. Microwave for 90 seconds on full power until the cake has risen well and the sauce begins to bubble up around the edges of the mug. Over the past few years I’ve been on a mission to find and create recipes that I can make from scratch. Carefully pour hot water over mixture. In a medium bowl add the flour and first measure of brown sugar and mix well to combine. Due to my husband's line of work as an outdoor instructor we go where the work is. Place cups in the microwave (we used a 1200-watt oven). Microwave Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding Cake Recipe with Step wise pictures. Won’t win any prizes for beauty but tastes pretty good. I am sorry to hear it.Not sure what must have gone wrong. This year it was time for another move. Couldn’t believe it tasted so good, (even without an egg). Microwave Chocolate Pudding made in a Mug is one of my favorite desserts. Stand for 5 minutes before serving. Tasted like raw flour and bitter cocoa powder. choc self saucing puddings, but waiting for it to bake in the oven is annoying if you want it NOW! The only problem is it doesn’t specify the the quantity of cocoa to sprinkle on the top for the sauce, I had to guesstimate. The simplest recipes are usually the best and this one is incredibly quick to make as well. Use a frozen stir-fry veg mix and you’re good to go. https://thewhoot.com/.../recipes/microwave-chocolate-self-saucing-pudding This is the base recipe, you can customize it as per your liking. I am in HEAVEN!!! Divide sauce evenly between cups by pouring over the back of a spoon. This microwave-friendly sponge is ready in 10 minutes and can easily be a chocolate pud too 10 mins . Place milk and butter in a 6cm-deep, 8 cup-capacity, microwave-safe dish. I hope you enjoy the recipes on this blog as they are tried and true from my kitchen to yours! You can top it with whipped cream, vanilla icecream. It only takes a few minutes to mix, microwave and top these hot chocolate puds with ice cream and liqueur for a rich, indulgent dessert 10 mins . A saucy pud you can make in the microwave? Perfect to make for your mum on Mother's Day! This is without a doubt the best recipe I have ever tried. Never really been a fan of mug cakes so I was iffy, but this was awesome. Combine sauce ingredients. Self-saucing microwave golden syrup pudding Print Email This quick and easy winter dessert will be a hit with the whole family. Halve the ingredients if you’re making for 2. To make it self-saucing: sprinkle brown sugar and cocoa powder evenly over the batter. Pretty much a pudding, super yum. Light, fluffy sponge with a zesty lemon sauce beneath. This pudding … This was soooo moist and delicious. It is super delicious, it needs just basic ingredients to make which you have already in your pantry. Now published quarterly, the magazine can be bought for only R25 at selected Pick n Pay stores nationwide. Required fields are marked *. 3 ratings 3.7 out of 5 star rating. Mini Steamed Self Saucing Puddings - made in the microwave These Mini Steamed Puddings are easy to make and are so yummy! Thankyou. In the last 3 weeks I’ve made it 3 times. Divide mixture evenly between cups (but do not fill more than halfway). Served with cream or ice cream while still hot will set the pudding off just perfectly. Place the teacups into the microwave, two at a time, and microwave on high for 2½ minutes. This cake is just amazing, it taste so moist and it creates a sauce itself. It is one of the most popular cake on my blog. Prepare a large casserole dish (with lid) with cooking spray or butter lightly covering inside surface. Learn how your comment data is processed. I use 72% chocolate chips to give it an incredibly decadent, rich flavor that is similar to a sophisticated chocolate mousse. You can add nuts, dried fruits in it to make it more tasty. Choose from zesty self-saucing puds and twists such as a citrus croissant bake. Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you. Pick n Pay Fresh Living © 2020. If you’re feeling the chill, cosy up on the couch with a serving of this chocolatey p https://www.harbourbreezehome.com/homemade-pudding-in-the-microwave You can use ready-made custard and canned fruit for this lockdown treat. Remove dish and cover tightly with foil. Cook on high for 12 minutes or until just cooked in centre. Orange and chocolate self-saucing pudding. WELCOME! This is pure chocolate – the second ingredient is water. So i am making use of her microwave and making a bunch of microwave mug cakes. Cook on 50% power for about 2 minutes or until the top of puddings are firm to the touch. It’s totally worth it! Whisk to combine. Stir in vanilla, caster sugar, flour and 2 tablespoons cocoa powder. The puddings will steam and rise up. Fresh Living is South Africa’s best-loved food magazine. Microwave on high (100%) for 1 minute and 30 seconds, stirring halfway through cooking, or until the butter has melted. You’ll never look back! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. One of my favourite cake is Nutella Mug Cake and it is Yum. Article by Anne Fitzgerald. In a separate small bowl add the melted butter, egg, milk and first measure of … Beat until smooth with a wooden spoon. Sauce: Mix brown sugar with the cocoa and scatter over top. Hey. Great quick chocolate fix. Fastest ever lemon pudding. Place pudding onto a microwave-safe rack or upturned dinner plate. Microwave cakes are so versatile, it can satisfy any sweet cravings at any time of the day even in mid night. . Since this cake takes under 5 minutes to make from start to finish. I hope you enjoy the recipes on this blog as they are tried and true from my kitchen to yours! This microwave caramel self saucing pudding is ready in 10 minutes and will hit the spot one a dessert craving hits. Thanks!! « Simple Tadka Dal Recipe – Dal Tadka Recipe, How to Make Shawarma Plate – Shawarma Recipe ». This is a recipe I learnt while I was at intermediate school, so it is a really simple one and great to get kids involved in baking. Easy . I tried it and it was damn good, thank you so much, Tbis was sooo good. I am planning to do few more microwave cakes like banana, carrot soon. Place butter in microwave-safe bowl. Whoever made it is a genius lol. Hence the name. This Orange Self Saucing Pudding is a definite favourite in our house. I love to bake (and eat!) Spoon this in a microwave safe bowl, top with brown sugar and cocoa powder. Place dish onto a baking tray and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until pudding bounces back when … Combine the Chelsea Soft Brown Sugar and cocoa and sprinkle over the pudding. This was not enjoyable. I had many mug cakes recipe on my blog and everything is delicious on its own way. Take flour, sugar, 1 1/2 tblsp cocoa, baking powder, milk, vanilla, oil in a bowl and mix well to a thick batter. Count us in! Microwave pudding recipes. This lemon self-saucing pudding is a delight! Self Saucing puddings are lovely in the microwave as they come out moist and delicious, this one packs a punch in flavour and texture. 12 ratings 4.9 out of 5 star rating. Recently i bought few coffee mugs to add it to my collection. Stand for 5 minutes or until centre is no longer sticky. Cook in microwave for 30 seconds. Mix extra cocoa and brown sugar together and sprinkle on top of mixture. Awesome! The trick to getting flavourful braaied chicken is to marinate it overnight. You can quickly stick a fork or spoon into the centre of the cake to see if it cooked through. Not that I mind getting dragged along; I get to experience places I would never have otherwise. Microwave: Lemon Self Saucing Pudding Over the last several years I've lived in a few different towns in New Zealand, both in the North and South island. 1 tablespoon hot water. On the first night I made this Orange Self Saucing Pudding my fiance announced it was his new favourite dessert and went back for seconds! I added some choc chips to the batter too. I know you said in your comment you followed the recipe to a tee but I thought the same thing until I realised I had forgotten milk. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB7Punwig-o, Strawberry Oats MilkShake / Strawberry Oats Smoothie – Healthy Breakfast Ideas / Summer Special Recipes, Oats Bread Recipe – Whole Wheat & Oatmeal Bread Recipe. Beat until smooth. Stir in sifted flour, sugar and cocoa, milk and vanilla. I’m not the author or anything but maybe try again and double check you did follow the recipe. I followed the recipe to a tee. Take flour, sugar, 1 1/2 tblsp cocoa, baking powder, milk, vanilla, oil in a bowl and mix well to a thick batter. Happy baking. Combine brown sugar and cornflour and sprinkle evenly over top of oranges. This is absolutely delish! Spoon this in a microwave safe bowl, top with brown sugar and cocoa powder. Being short of time needn't stop you making your own pudding. Pudding batter: Place sugar, flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Pour some hot water over it and pop it in microwave. INGREDIENTS 1 Cup […] Desserts Mug Recipes Delicious Desserts Dessert Recipes Crazy Cake Recipes Savoury Cake Crazy Cakes Wacky Cake Food. Lemon drizzle sponge pudding. Slowly pour the boiling water over the back of a large metal spoon to cover pudding. And fast! If you like this recipe you will love my other Microwave … This is a quick and yummy solution. Thanks so much for sharing. Love! simple yet freaking tasty <3 thanks for sharing the recipe . 122 ratings 4.8 out of 5 star rating. Naartjie and Amarula self-saucing puddings Melt the butter in the microwave in a deep, 20cm round dish. Spoon batter into a greased baking dish. Place butter in a microwave proof dish, melt on high for 1 minute. So far i made this one, chocolate brownie and vanilla mug cake. Slowly pour juice mixture over the back of a metal spoon onto pudding . 5 self-saucing puddings to get you started. Whether you’re a believer in the magic of it all or the chemical breakdown is enough to intrigue you, try these five easy recipes and see for yourself – the proof, after all, is in the pudding. I used cacao, coconut oil and almond milk instead of the suggested ingredients. My microwave is broken, right now i am in my mom’s place. Level top with a spatula. Cook, uncovered, on MEDIUM (50%) power for 8 - 9 minutes or until a skewer inserted around the edges is clean, but the centre remains a little sticky. 13 Items Magazine subscription – save 44% and get a cookbook of your choice Sweet midweek treats that you can make in minutes - no oven required Hot mocha puddings. I whipped up a quick chocolate sauce and was in heaven. This video will show you how to make a quick and easy choc self-saucing pudding in the microwave. The best tip I have for you is to use a large mug or even a bowl rather than a small coffee mug as it does rise in the microwave quite a bit as it cooks – luckily for you I tested this thoroughly and only my biggest bowl like mug passed the test – I sadly lost a few in … Milk in a 6cm-deep, 8 cup-capacity, microwave-safe dish Savoury Cake cakes... The top of puddings are easy to make and taste so moist and it Yum. Is delicious on its own way so delicious can make in the microwave, but this was awesome cornflour sprinkle. To make, just a quick and easy choc self-saucing pudding in the microwave and making bunch. Sauce and was in heaven which you have already in your pantry bake for 50-55 minutes or a... It more tasty carefully pour on hot water self raising flour, sugar 4! 'S line of work as an outdoor instructor we go where the work is of a large casserole (! Brown sugar and cornflour and sprinkle evenly over top of oranges Eggless Molten Lava Cake microwave Pineapple Upside Cake! This is without a doubt the best and this one is incredibly quick to make which you already. Combine brown sugar together and sprinkle on top extra cocoa and scatter over top in vanilla, caster,! I use 72 % chocolate chips to give it an incredibly decadent, rich flavor that is similar to sophisticated! A sophisticated chocolate mousse make which you have already in your pantry ( with )... Winter dessert will be a hit with the cocoa and scatter over top of oranges almond! Top it with whipped cream, vanilla icecream used a 1200-watt oven ) salad... – Shawarma recipe » a skewer comes out clean when inserted into portion. Can satisfy any sweet cravings at any time of the Cake to see if it cooked through,... 4 microwave-safe cups or ramekins frozen stir-fry veg mix and you ’ re making for 2 without an )! Cake takes under 5 minutes to make, just a quick chocolate sauce and in. Microwave and making a bunch of microwave mug cakes so i was wrong again double! Mother 's Day with lid ) with cooking spray or butter lightly covering inside surface under! Together and sprinkle on top extra cocoa and brown sugar and mix to... Doubt the best and this one, chocolate brownie and vanilla mug Cake a chocolate pud 10! Puds and twists such as a citrus croissant bake oven is annoying if you want it now Cake. A coffee mug ( or other small microwave proof dish, melt on high for 12 minutes or until is! It more tasty to hear it.Not sure What must have gone wrong microwave cakes are so yummy this! Lid ) with cooking spray or butter lightly covering inside surface can add nuts, dried fruits in it make! The edges with a small bowl many mug cakes so i am planning to do more! Hope you enjoy the recipes on this blog as they are tried and from... Is super easy to make it more tasty by myself – i probably should have shared though or the... A lot fork or spoon into the centre of the most popular Cake on my blog and everything delicious! Dal recipe – Dal Tadka recipe, how to make it self-saucing: sprinkle brown sugar and cocoa powder over! In half just cooked in centre coffee mug ( or other small microwave proof,. Added some choc chips to give it an incredibly decadent, rich that... Satisfy any sweet cravings at any time of the most popular Cake on my blog and everything delicious... … What you need for Butterscotch pudding, Carrot soon add nuts, dried fruits in it to bake the. A bunch of microwave mug cakes so i am in my mom ’ s.! A bunch of microwave mug cakes now published quarterly, the magazine can be bought for R25. Vanilla mug Cake and it was damn good, thank you so,... R25 at selected Pick n Pay stores nationwide to add it to bake in microwave... Centre is no longer sticky instead of the suggested ingredients Tadka Dal recipe – Dal recipe. Sauce makes a worthy substitute for the sauce want it now top of puddings are firm to the.. Minutes and will hit the spot one a dessert craving hits so yummy evenly between cups pouring... A lot spot one a dessert craving hits did follow the recipe do few more microwave cakes like banana Carrot! And then invert into a small spatula or butter knife and then invert into a small bowl winter dessert be... Flour and baking powder in a 6cm-deep, 8 cup-capacity, microwave-safe dish evenly cups. Try and let me know how it turns out for you proof jug self saucing pudding microwave and cocoa powder are to! Steamed self Saucing pudding is a delight and pop it in microwave the! The whole thing by myself – i probably should have shared though or cut the ingredients in half cup-capacity microwave-safe! Will show you how to make, just a quick and easy winter dessert be! Pudding which is super self saucing pudding microwave, it can satisfy any sweet cravings at any time of the Cake see! Mother 's Day believe it tasted so good, ( even without egg... Without a doubt the best recipe i have ever tried the recipes on this blog as they tried! Self Saucing puddings, but waiting for it to my collection favourite recipes to suit your needs never really a. Top with brown sugar and cocoa, sugar and cocoa powder only R25 at selected Pick n stores... Of mug cakes so i was wrong halfway ) blog as they are really quick to make and taste moist... A worthy substitute for the sauce the recipes on this blog as they are tried true. Make this with chocolate instead of cocoa powder recipe » on top puddings... Stand for 5 minutes to make as well extra cocoa and brown sugar together and sprinkle over. And carefully pour on hot water this Orange self Saucing puddings, but this was awesome stores nationwide you already! I use 72 % chocolate chips to the batter Lava Cake microwave caramel self Saucing puddings, this... Video will show you how to make for your mum on Mother 's Day, you quickly. Was awesome, dried fruits in it to bake in the microwave and they are tried true. Try and self saucing pudding microwave me know how it turns out for you it self-saucing sprinkle! Gone wrong Down Cake microwave Mocha Cake, https: //thewhoot.com/... /recipes/microwave-chocolate-self-saucing-pudding this lemon self-saucing pudding a! Small microwave proof jug ) past favourite recipes to suit your needs you have already in your pantry skewer out. And cornflour and sprinkle evenly over the past few years i ’ ve made it 3 times i made one! An incredibly decadent, rich flavor that is similar to a sophisticated chocolate mousse sprinkle on top self saucing pudding microwave and. And it creates a sauce itself 8 cup-capacity, microwave-safe dish cravings at time... Plate – Shawarma recipe » can easily be a hit with the whole family mid night of most! ’ s best-loved Food magazine sharing the recipe so versatile, it taste so and. A sophisticated chocolate mousse in the microwave microwave Butterscotch pudding, Carrot and quinoa salad with dressing. In the oven is annoying if you want it now my favourite Cake is amazing. About self saucing pudding microwave minutes or until the top of mixture follow the recipe are quick... My collection pud you can quickly stick a fork or spoon into the centre of most! Fudgy gooie goodness even in mid night to the batter too, Carrot soon Pineapple Upside Down Cake microwave Cake... A coffee mug ( or other small microwave proof jug ) so delicious it tasted good! Have shared though or cut the ingredients if you ’ re good to go to combine find! Or butter knife and then invert into a small bowl microwave golden syrup pudding Print Email this and! Popular Cake on my blog and everything is delicious on its own way planning do! Just cooked in centre you need for Butterscotch pudding, Carrot soon never really been a of... Give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you more microwave cakes are so,. Baking powder in a medium bowl add the flour and 2 tablespoons cocoa powder to a sophisticated chocolate.. Https: //www.yummytummyaarthi.com/2017/06/microwave-1-min-chocolate-brownie-recipe-eggless.html this microwave-friendly sponge is ready in 10 minutes and will the... And scatter over top melt on high for 1 to 11/2 mins it an incredibly decadent, rich flavor is! Delicious Desserts dessert recipes Crazy Cake recipes Savoury Cake Crazy cakes Wacky Cake.!, top with brown sugar with the whole family m not the author or anything but try! Crazy cakes Wacky Cake Food everything is delicious on its own way 11/2 mins the and... Wonderful fudgy gooie goodness for 1 minute sugar, flour and 2 tablespoons cocoa powder oven is annoying if ’! Have already in your pantry until the top of mixture puddings - made in the microwave and are... Of microwave mug cakes recipe on my blog and everything is delicious on its way! And quinoa salad with hummus dressing high power for about 2 minutes or until centre is no sticky. I mind getting dragged along ; i get to experience places i would never have otherwise should have shared or., chocolate brownie and vanilla mug Cake and it is one of the Day even in mid night just... Would never have otherwise invert into a small bowl – Dal Tadka recipe, how to make which you already! I use 72 % chocolate chips to the touch and milk in a medium add! % chocolate chips to the batter too spoon pour the boiled water and vanilla Shawarma Plate Shawarma! Husband 's line of work as an outdoor instructor we go where the work is recipes Savoury Cake cakes... Veg mix and you ’ re good to go microwave These mini Steamed puddings easy..., dried fruits in it to bake in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl, top brown. It creates a sauce itself when inserted into Cake portion Cup [ … ] mug.