Prayer for help discerning God's will in your life. They can be your voice of reason and wisdom, offering reassurance that you’re going to be okay and advice to continue on your journey toward discovering what God wants for you. He causes "all things to work together for good" to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose (Romans 8:28). Remember that God is not a God of chaos. With Your counsel You will guide me, and afterward receive me to glory" (Psalm 73:23-24). Timothy Gallagher DWG3 – “What am I to do?” People often look for signs from God outside of themselves as they determine their paths, but everything we need to know is in our hearts. It may be an urging, a prompting, a recurring thought or... God’s peace is present in His will.. Burdens and desires can be a significant input in our decisions as long as they are evaluated in the larger context of communication (prayer and Scripture), conscience, common sense, circumstances, and counsel. Share on Facebook. Discerning God’s will means learning to listen to God’s voice in our hearts and follow what He wants for our lives. St. Ignatius Province of the Oblates of the Virgin Mary, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit registered in the US under EIN: 04-2596681, ©2021 Oblates of the Virgin Mary  |  Privacy Policy.