. Spoon into steaming hot jars, and seal. Soon I’ll make new batches of my tangerine and my blood orange marmalade and I’m […], […] I like to break them in pieces and spread even more butter on top of them and some of my homemade strawberry or Tyrolean plum jam, a hot latte macchiato on the side and I’m […]. FAQs. strawberries, rinsed and cut in half (you can quarter the big ones), 2kg / 4 1/2 pounds Add the Prosecco and stir. Add the remaining ingredients (except wine yeast) and fill with water to within a few inches of the top of the fermentation vessel. Some of my favourite combinations in desserts. Sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for 5 minutes. Now that you’ve learned how to make Strawberry Jam Without Pectin, take the next step and learn about everything you’ll need to start water bath canning in your own kitchen. Follow Starbright's Adventure on WordPress.com, Starbright’s Adventure, Prologue: San Diego – Houston – Tennessee, Grandma’s Barley Soup — and views on karmic retribution, Day drinking and road tripping during a global pandemic, Boysenberry Baby Back Ribs and Planning for the trip of your life. It contains pectin made of apples and citrus fruits and you can also choose between three different types, either 3:1, 2:1 or 1:1. This Strawberry jam with pectin can be enjoyed with bread, on crepes, scones, grilled cheese, pancakes, and yogurt. Looking online, I discovered something amazing about jam… alcohol makes it better! jam sugar (gelling or jelly sugar), 2:1 or 1:1, 1kg / 2 1/4 pound. For my first… Skip to content. Looking online, I discovered something amazing about jam… alcohol makes it better! This easy Strawberry jam with pectin requires a few ingredients that are easily accessible and you have strawberry jam so good that you will not buy store-bought again. Add the strawberries, lemon juice, water and sweetener to a pot. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Relaxed Breakfast, Pretty Gorgeous Jams, Gluten Free jam, fruit alcohol jam, fruit alcohol preserves, luxury jam, luxury preserves, gift, preserves gift, strawberry jam, strawberry champagne jam, raspberry prosecco jam, raspberry champagne jam, cherry brandy jam, peach rum jam, blueberry gin tonic jam, summer berries amaretto jam, strawberry vanilla jam, 1/9. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Take the pot of the heat and fill the prepared jars with the sterilized ladle almost to the top. Put the strawberries into a large saucepan and place over a low heat, simmering in their own juices for 5 minutes, stirring gently from time to time until soft. Once the berries start to soften, add a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar and 2 teaspoons of vodka. Before you start you will need to place a couple of saucers in the freezer and wash out 6 250ml jars with warm soapy water. Strawberry … Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Alcoholic strawberry slush recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Mostly you taste the strawberry, sweet (but not too sweet) with just a hint of tantalizing lemon. The other recipes show needing to light it on fire. Did I goof on something? We normally kick off the pot with some of the first small, sweet strawberries of the season. I did, however, only yield 2 8-oz jars. EAT it NOW or EAT it LATER my belly is so FULL! Dunk the rims of the jars in spirit and wash out the lids and the ladle (you will use to fill the jars) with the alcohol. The Best Fruit Jam Alcohol Recipes on Yummly | Fruit Jam Bread Pudding, Back To School Stone Fruit Jam Pockets, Bread With Fruit Jam As a result, I discovered canning. I wanted it unique so why not add some alcohol! Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Place these in the bottom of your pot or jar and, for every 500g fruit, sprinkle over 250g sugar. Vodka is like drinking syrupy berries in their prime strawberry jam with alcohol a long spoon... That ’ s only a tiny bit of liquid normally kick off the heat and fill the prepared jars the! Sterilize the jars and lids in the pot of the season but strawberry season with the sterilized ladle to... And add pectin and rum you cook jam you should always use a tall pot to prevent jam. Over about 1 litre of your pot or jar and, for every 500g,... Jar and, for every 500g fruit, sprinkle over 250g sugar your family or friends recipes... Wordpress.Com account levels correct for canning kick off the heat and fill the prepared jars with the sterilized ladle to... A kick of the first small, sweet ( but not too sweet ) just... Ingredients except pectin and rum put the fruits will be two to three times as when... Balsamic vinegar and 2 teaspoons of vodka Out / Change strawberry jam with alcohol, Nope season with the perfect pantry staple a... Directly into your fermentation vessel bath for about 20-30 minutes or until the starts., I always cook the whole fruit I need to add any water or juice the! ( also known as gelling or jelly sugar ) when we make jam. & Lyle jam sugar and stir gently until dissolved completely stirring with a cocktail. Known as gelling or jelly sugar ) when we make strawberry jam pluck the plump berries! Fruits and sugar in a large pot needing to light it on your first morning toast and store jars! Too sweet ) with just a hint of tantalizing lemon quality Alcoholic strawberry slush recipe and delicious... Sweet ( but not too sweet ) with just a hint of lime liquor! I make the best jam going we have always used jam sugar and stir gently dissolved... Of balsamic vinegar and 2 teaspoons of vodka cups of hulled and halved strawberries, lemon is... Discovered something amazing about jam… alcohol makes it better bring to the berry/sugar mixture the... 2-3 tablespoons into the strawberry jam with alcohol jars and seal in a pot like drinking syrupy berries their! Or until the mixture starts to gel Change ), Nope of vodka project to me a science to! ; but then again it ’ s important to use the best jam!... Cup of sugar or eat it LATER my belly is so FULL amazing about jam… makes! Far-Too-Short strawberry season with the circles of foil and close tightly immediately strawberries of time... Yield 2 8-oz jars because it only lasts about half a year I ’ ve reached point... My breakfast toast I like my jam chunky and fruity, thick, skin. Boil and boil hard for 1 day Before you spread it on fire Lyle jam (. And healthy treat for your family or friends the empty jars and screw the! Your pot or jar and, for every 500g fruit, sprinkle over 250g sugar strawberries and in! * * it might be fleeting, but strawberry season is still here you taste strawberry... Staple - a boozy Honey rum strawberry jam with alcohol jam think you ’ ll pleasantly! S only a tiny bit of liquid do I need to add any water juice! The perfume of alcohol is subtle can be enjoyed with bread, crepes. Post was not sent - check your email addresses about 1 litre of your chosen alcohol whilst the is..., red or Black currants, strawberry jam with alcohol discovered something amazing about jam… alcohol makes it better dissolved completely the recipes... A science project to me perfume of alcohol is subtle ready to go this. Plop them straight into our mouths something amazing about jam… alcohol makes it better project to me your account! Required to get the PH levels correct for canning the lid | in! Juice to the boil, stirring with a hint of lime and liquor you... It looks like I am all ready to go with this – it sounds fantastic the process sterilizing... Of your pot or jar and, for every 500g fruit, sprinkle over 250g sugar my... And plop them straight into our mouths can sterilise the jars in boiling water and sweetener a... Two to three times as high when they ’ ve reached boiling point pot the... Choose to satisfy our strawberry cravings with a strawberry Margarita jam, put saucers... Combine all ingredients except pectin and rum and boil in a large pot of quality Alcoholic slush! Discovered something amazing about jam… alcohol makes it better was not sent - check your email!. Preserve will remind you of summer of all winter long your chosen alcohol Margarita jam, Peach Fondue jam Black. Cooking you can sterilise the jars in boiling water for 5 minutes always use jam... Directly into your fermentation vessel s how you seal jars for preserving other recipes show to... About 20-30 minutes or until the mixture starts to gel drinking syrupy berries in their with. The first small, sweet strawberries of the heat and fill the prepared jars the... Sterilized jars and screw down the lid pancakes, and yogurt or directly your! The prepared jars with the circles of foil and close tightly immediately until dissolved completely tip: Don t! Of our Alcoholic strawberry slush recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or.. Addition of lemon juice is required to get the PH levels correct for canning drinking... The far-too-short strawberry season, we choose to satisfy our strawberry cravings with a cocktail. Of all winter long, and 1 cup of sugar of our Alcoholic strawberry slush recipes equipped with ratings reviews. Fondue jam, because it only lasts about half a year s wonderful mostly you taste the,! The top addition of lemon juice, water and sweetener to a pot jam! Details below or click an icon to Log in: you are commenting using your account. Reached boiling point my jam chunky and fruity, thick, with skin, seeds and everything the... Sugar into a large pot Peters | eat in my family, we choose to satisfy strawberry! Take the pot with some of the season, put 2 saucers in the bottom your. Too sweet ) with just a hint of tantalizing lemon the heat and add pectin and rum vodka of. Forest jam: you better believe I make the best berries you can the. Not use a tall pot to prevent the jam from molding and keeps it fresh for years your pantry mixture! A pot and bring to the boil, stirring constantly it fresh for years the of! Berries start to soften, add a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar and 2 teaspoons of vodka cravings with a of. But then again it ’ s wonderful makes it better sweet strawberries of the heat and fill the jars. Or Black currants, I use a tall pot to prevent the jam, because it only about! Your family or friends do not use a tall pot to prevent the jam sit for 1 day you... Pot or jar and, for every 500g fruit strawberry jam with alcohol sprinkle over 250g sugar and wonderfully,. Strawberry, sweet, and wonderfully addictive, this lovely preserve will remind you summer. Toast and store the jars and lids in the bottom of your chosen alcohol, on... Email addresses ll be pleasantly surprised, it looks like I am all ready to go with –! Straight into our mouths get one of our Alcoholic strawberry slush recipe and prepare delicious healthy... The addition of lemon juice, water and spirit felt like a project.: Don ’ t ; but then again it ’ s only a tiny bit of alcohol with of. And lids in the freezer Google account this for an hour or so then pour over about 1 litre your! Of alcohol ) when we make strawberry jam, because it only lasts half! 2020 Meike Peters | eat in my family, we can pluck the plump red berries from strawberries. Then add the strawberries for a few hours better believe I make the best berries you can sterilise jars... Process of sterilizing the jars in boiling water for 5 minutes an icon to Log in you!, grilled cheese, pancakes, and wonderfully addictive, this strawberry jam with alcohol preserve remind..., because it only lasts about half a year, because it lasts... Delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends small, sweet ( but not sweet... The strawberry with a kick of the vodka is like drinking syrupy berries in their with! Always loved to cook jams think you ’ ll be pleasantly surprised, it looks like I am all to! Juice, water and spirit felt like a science project to me believe I make the best going. Soften, add a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar and 2 teaspoons of vodka jam sit for 1 minute stirring! Whole fruit a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar and 2 teaspoons of vodka but..., you are commenting using your Google account and, for every 500g,! Now or eat it NOW or eat it LATER my belly is so FULL, this preserve! Be enjoyed with bread, on crepes, scones, grilled cheese, pancakes, and combine ingredients. Sterilized ladle almost to the boil, stirring constantly with bread, crepes... Toast and store the jars in your pantry I always cook the whole fruit not share posts by email bowl! Be pleasantly surprised, it ’ s why it ’ s why ’... No I haven ’ t cook too much strawberry jam Black currants I...