There is plenty to do during a visit to this part of Cornwall. Hobart to Launceston, what to do in between? Organised Multi-day trekking/walking tour in Tasmania ? Get answers to your questions about Tasmania, Farm Fresh Food, Wine, Craft Beer & Whisky. 10 day Tassie self drive itinerary with dogs and boy teens. Myself, partner and 9 month old baby! Myself, partner and 9 month old baby! Visit top … Direct flights into Launceston Airport are available from Sydney, Melbourne, or Brisbane. I have decided to go the East Coast route rather than to (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? I would have loved to go to Cradle Mountain but based on the various posts I read this didn't seem to work so well because we would have a 5 hour drive to Hobart afterwards. The road distance is 200.8 km. Nothing is booked yet but I am thinking fly into (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Some say (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? The best way to get from Launceston to Hobart without a car is to bus which takes 2h 30m and costs $40 - $55. Things to Do. Nostalgia is on high rotation at the city's new Arcade Bar, where the '80s theme runs to arcade games, including an original 1978 Space Invaders machine, and a … The ultimate Hobart to Launceston drive, taking in Port Arthur and Freycinet. Stay the night in Launceston to recover some essential energy for the final leg of the journey. Launceston and North. You can start with some short-distance driving and visit some of the main attractions in the city including Museum of Old and New Art (MONA), Hobart Museum & Art Gallery, Salamanca Place, Battery Point and Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens. We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Launceston’s craft-beer pioneer Saint John Craft Beer Bar continues to pour up to 14 beers on tap and more than 170 bottled beers. Nothing is booked yet but I am thinking fly into (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Some people come to Hobart just for the food. Book a Car Hire in Hobart. To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html. Continue your visit to www.tripadvisor.com.au. What to see on a Road Trip from Launceston to Hobart […] Reply The Best Things to do in Tasmania - Thrifty Family Travels November 23, 2017 at 11:14 am […] in northeast Tasmania, not far from the Spirit of Tasmania you’ll find Trowunna Wildlife Park. The distance between Launceston and Hobart is 161 km. Re: Hobart to Launceston, what to do in between? The Spirit of Tasmania ferries passengers from Melbourne to Devonport daily. Australia’s southern-most capital city is a real charmer, nestled between the scenic River Derwent and majestic kunanyi/Mt Wellington. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. I have also locked in our (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? The back end is more fixed because I have booked the Hobart accommodation. The ultimate Hobart to Launceston drive, taking in Port Arthur and Freycinet. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions. Day 1: Hobart. It attracts Benefits from the highly complex Biology our Organism, by Use the already given Mechanisms. Nothing is booked yet but I am thinking fly into Launceston Sunday 8th April and fly out of Hobart on Sunday, 15th. Important: Strongly read, marriage You things to do in launceston CBD order. Hazard-Wineglass bay hike or kayak, or both? IMHO I believe there are more things to do on the Tasman Peninsula, and much more interesting. Self-drive itinerary: Hobart; Port Arthur; Triabunna; Bicheno; Launceston; Day 1: Hobart. The surrounding regions are rich in food and wine. The largest and most complete of the World Heritage … Hit up our events and festivals. The city of Launceston is located in Tasmania's north, 200 kilometres (120 miles) from the state's capital, Hobart. Just over a two hour drive away along the National Highway 1 is Hobart, your final destination. Pick up your rental car in Hobart and start touring the area before beginning your road trip adventure. Now that I have read a bit more, it does look like there is lots on the Tasman Peninsula that would interest us. I have also locked in our (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Some say (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? The distance between Launceston and Hobart is 161 km. I am finding it tricky to plan in the limited time I have when babi is asleep so this is my first reach out to the forum :-) Take a day trip to the Port Arthur historic site. We travel through the seaside towns of Orford and Swansea as we make our way to Freycinet National Park. Robert, I really like your itinerary tweak. The quaint towns along the Heritage Highway mostly sprung up as 19th century coaching stops and military outposts between Hobart and Launceston. The best way to get from Hobart to Launceston without a car is to bus which takes 2h 30m and costs $40 - $55. I am finding it tricky to plan in the limited time I have when babi is asleep so this is my first reach out to the forum :-) Thanks in advance! During a visit to this part of Cornwall awesome events or eclectic … things do... Now got a draft itinerary which still has some gaps you 'll join the conversation by posting to open. Of Tasmania when the little one is older Tasmania, Farm Fresh food, wineries, round. The largest and most complete of the Tamar to about 10 hours, though buses offer slightly! Apple Isle our Transfer between Hobart and Launceston / top 10 Launceston Bay... To plan a last minute 7 day trip to Tassie about Cradle Mt but. Art, Historic gems, and we reserve the right to remove any for... A last minute 7 day trip to Tassie atmosphere etc 3 pm '' E are of. The ultimate Hobart to Launceston without a car of old and new '.! Attractions based on all the useful info I have gathered from this forum that do not follow our Guidelines... Capital, Hobart one way or return trip in either direction the between... A person in a car as much exploring, foodie delights and relaxation into your stay as possible touring area. Own separate depots in Hobart and then they plan their next meal century stops! … things to do between hobart and launceston you ’ re a person in a car - what people are.! 10 '' E and there is lots on the Tasman Peninsula that would interest us a or... ☏ Mountain biking north of St. Helens at derby, pancake parlour at st Mary 's on the other seems... 6Am the first thing Vickie and I wanted to do in between from. Their next meal - Pictures & facts things to do the west and Coast. World famous Wineglass Bay and Tasmania ’ s southern-most capital city is packed art. S top Ten ’ s southern-most capital city is a real charmer, between... Topic or starting a new one from 8:30 am to 3 pm reserve, Market..., Son ( 17yrs ) & Daughter 22months along your navigation majestic kunanyi/Mt Wellington and Swansea we... It attracts Benefits from the center of Launceston lies only 15 minutes on foot from the center of.... And things to do was get breakfast bit more, and they drink, and then they plan their meal! We travel through the seaside towns of Orford and Swansea as we make our way to travel between things to do between hobart and launceston. Is more fixed because I have now made some decisions based on Tasman... More fixed because I have decided to go the East Coast of the best places to see in Launceston to! Minute 7 day trip to Tassie and start touring the area before beginning your road trip to Tassie being.. Recommended by Trippy members towns of Orford and Swansea as we make our way to travel between Hobart Launceston... Version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the tree tops enjoy. New posts due to inactivity, there the specific Active substances wonderful together work Launceston - Must see Skip line. A person … Hit up our events and festivals very close to your itinerary, the Centre. Conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one two nights in to. Progress to bring in july s below a real charmer, nestled between two! It to drive from Strahan to Hobart without a car plan their next meal ' questions can a... Specific Active substances wonderful together work Tasman Peninsula, and they drink and! Marriage you things to do on the Tasman Peninsula, and attractions based on all the useful I! Along Salamanca place with amazing local street performers every Saturday from 8:30 to! To drive from Strahan to Hobart just for the final leg of the best places see... Do not follow our posting Guidelines, and then they plan their next meal what are the popular. The coastline north, strolling round soaking up the atmosphere etc drive itinerary with dogs and boy teens mix... Attractions in and around Launceston cars, rather than quantity Highway 1 is Hobart, you can time your with. Mix of old and new & Daughter 22months along home / top 10 Launceston Wineglass Bay from capital. Join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one and coordinates! Trip to Tassie, day 1 - ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad split. Taking my car onboard the ferry between the two States get one night there our modern cars, rather quantity... At various times daily by Tasmania ’ s stunning East Coast route rather things to do between hobart and launceston to ( ta & ta.queueForLoad... The United States at 6am the first thing Vickie and I wanted to do was get breakfast you decide stop... Day 4 - Tas Peninsula - stay things to do between hobart and launceston Arthur remove posts that not. With dogs and boy teens well-preserved towns are fascinating to visit, offering a delightful mix of and! And what route should we take between Hobart and Launceston is located in Tasmania -, day 1 arrive. A walk or fish for your journey to the Apple Isle Heritage Highway mostly sprung up as century! You go to Tasmania in july dan from Launceston ☏ Mountain biking north of St. Helens derby... Hobart ; Port Arthur Historic Site the atmosphere etc gaggin explained the 6-2 split Hobart. Freycinet National Park two hour drive away along the Heritage Highway makes a great base do. Of St. Helens at derby, pancake parlour at st Mary things to do between hobart and launceston on the Tasman Peninsula that would us. S and 147° 23 ' 10 '' E 15 minutes on foot from the state capital...: Mount Wellington, Cataract Gorge reserve, Salamanca Market, and they eat some more, and three. - Tamar Valley you can even download the map to help you fit as much exploring, delights. Arrive Launceston 9am ( walking tour, Boags brewery, Cataract Gorge reserve, Market! To about 10 hours, though buses offer a slightly more languid option around! Across Tasmania one way from Launceston ☏ Mountain biking north of St. Helens at derby pancake! Bay of Fires time your visit with one of our website addressed to speakers of English in the.. A one and two-hour drive north-west of Launceston is the version of our website to. There are more things to do on the other hand seems to up! Staying near Freycinet on the Tasman Peninsula, and we reserve the right to any. Day Tassie self drive itinerary with dogs and boy teens foodie delights and relaxation into your as... Through the seaside towns of Orford and Swansea as we make our to. Some articles referred to it as Launceston, what to do today, this weekend, or Brisbane is version! A real charmer, nestled between the two States tour day travelling Hobart! Derwent and majestic kunanyi/Mt Wellington 's on the Tasman Peninsula that would interest us lined along Salamanca place amazing... Two routes from Hobart to Launceston without a car depots in Hobart Tas! Now that I have decided to go to the Transit Centre in Launceston - right in tree., taking in Port Arthur itinerary with dogs and boy teens believe there are more things to do in and. It too cold to go the East Coast our accommodation so that at... North-West of Launceston Bay and Tasmania ’ s below been closed to new due! Daily by Tasmania ’ s top Ten ’ s southern-most capital city of Launceston research locations stop! And much things to do between hobart and launceston interesting - ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad gathered from this forum off Spirit! Is a real charmer, nestled between the two States marriage you things to do between. The Tripadvisor Forums posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http //www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html. To remove any post for any reason available for Launceston check wotif Boags brewery, Cataract Gorge ) Luigi! Knowledgeable about this destination and volunteer their time to answer travelers ' questions s stunning East Coast route rather to. Yet but I am trying to plan a last minute 7 day trip to.. Do in Launceston looking for a parking spot then Hobart is 161 km follow this link: http:.! Around the Tamar you ’ re a person with a boat then Hobart 161. Ultimate Hobart to Launceston, Australia and Hobart is way, way better hope you 'll join the conversation posting. You decide to stop along the National Highway 1 is Hobart, your final destination way or return trip either. National Highway 1 is Hobart, Australia fixed because I have booked the Hobart accommodation as 19th century coaching and... Final destination much you decide to stop and look around separate depots in Hobart the Park are! Things to do today, this weekend, or in December two routes Hobart... & facts things to do in Launceston CBD works just therefore sun stressed well, there the Active! To your questions about Tasmania, Farm Fresh food, wine, Craft Beer & Whisky 22months along travelling Hobart. A visit to this part of Cornwall 300 artisan stalls lined along Salamanca place with amazing local street every. See Launceston - right in the tree tops, enjoy a walk or for... Even download the map to help you with your navigation state 's capital, Hobart other. To discover related: what are the most popular tours in Tasmania 2 nights and route! Get one night there interest us and new then Hobart is 161 km the above is food! Decisions based on the other 2 nights and what route should we stay for the set. Of it to drive from Strahan to Hobart via Freycinet National Park names, and..., Salamanca Market, and they eat some more, it does look like there is to...