Ingredients. Add spinach, pushing down to submerge in water. We love broccoli … Lactose-free natural yoghurt to serve, if desired. Method Add quinoa and garlic and stir for one to two minutes. If you're a New Years' … Share on facebook. I loved it so much I thought I would share it with you. Cook 1 minute or until broccoli is tender and spinach is wilted. *Prepare the broccoli rice by cutting off the broccoli stalk, slicing off the tough outer layer and … Toss in chopped broccoli and cook for 10 minutes. Submit . Add stock, stir to combine. In a large soup pot or dutch oven, heat the EVOO and butter over medium heat. Add the potato and saut&eactute;e for two minutes. Total time 30 mins; Easy. Cook over medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes. Soup is done when lentils are tender. Bring to boil, then reduce to a simmer. Roughly chop the broccoli heads and the kale and spinach. This spinach and broccoli cheddar potato soup is seriously dreamy. ... until tender. Bring to boil, then reduce to a simmer. With a huge veggie garden we tend to go through spurts of veggies which need to be used. Thanks for adding your feedback. Add in vegetable broth, broccoli and potato. This is the perfect warming comfort food for these gloomy, rainy days that just won’t seem to let up! Time: 30 minutes to 1 hour. Cook until spinach … Meanwhile, dissolve stock cubes in boiled water. That's why we created this blog, a resource for all things home-related and the only place you'll need to visit to get the most out of your products. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Difficulty: Easy. The FODMAP Challenge full terms and conditions and privacy policy. In today's climate, however, you can definitely feel free to substitute with frozen alternatives instead. Broccoli & potato soup. It's nearly the end of January, it's cold, Christmas is over, and winter is starting to feel old, real old. Add the onions and cook for 4-5 minutes or until translucent. Like us on Facebook, follow the fun on Twitter, and subscribe to our Youtube channel for the latest discussions, competitions and hints and tips. Rate. Broccoli soup. Fry leeks and garlic in the reserved bacon drippings until … Add the baby spinach to the soup, give it a nice stir and cover with a lid for a couple of minutes. Add potato and broccoli. Serving: 4. This Creamy Vegan Broccoli Soup is perfect for chilly weather. broccoli and simmer for another few minutes until broccoli is cooked. Remove cover and add spinach, tahini, salt and peppers. Take off the heat and add in spinach and cook until wilted. Toss in Parmesan cheese and pepper. https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/broccoli-soup When the initial cook time is up, stir in baby spinach and continue cooking for an additional 30 … Click here to find out more about our usage. Simmer: Add lentils, broccoli, broth/water and optional coconut milk. Broccoli, Potato and Silverbeet Soup Recipe. Handful of spinach; Handful of broccoli; Two shallots; 350 ml chicken or veg. We use cookies on our website to enhance your experience. Copyright © Morphy Richards 2016 ecommerce by red, Safety Datasheet Anti Calc Resin Steam Gens. Broccoli, Spinach & Potato Soup Ingredients. Add soup to blender and process until smooth. Add leeks and garlic and cook, stirring … The … Delicious served with a slice of freshly toasted low-fodmap bread! This broccoli spinach soup is seriously jam-packed with goodness. This broccoli spinach soup … Simmer, covered, for 25 minutes. Butter and a little oil. Cover and cook for 35 minutes. Fry gently with cumin, coriander, mustard seeds, grated ginger and turmeric. It’s smooth and creamy and filled with lots of greens but balanced out with gooey cheesy goodness! Add the stock, bring to the boil, then simmer for eight minutes. Add the potatoes, beans, broth, nutritional yeast, thyme and garlic powder to the pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Serves 4. Add potato and broccoli. Copyright © 2021 The Fodmap Challenge. Gluten Free and Vegan Friendly Ingredients. At Morphy Richards, we know lots of people take pride in their homes. Did you make any changes or notes? Stir in spinach and one cup of cheese. Advertisement. Heat combined olive oils in medium-large saucepan. Blend with stick-blender until smooth. Serve with a dollop of lactose-free natural yoghurt, if desired. Made with simple ingredients, pureed until thick, and then topped with croutons and cheddar cheese to form a soup that is oh so belly-warming good! stock. Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes. Return to pot, bring back to a boil then remove from heat. This Broccoli Spinach Quinoa soup is packed with nutrition and so delicious. To learn more about how we use your data and your rights please read our privacy policy. From healthy soups to slow cooked chillies our blog is the best place to find great tasting recipes for your Morphy Richards products. Bring to a boil, cover pot with lid, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes. Add stock, stir to combine. While stirring, slowly pour the milk in and keep mixing as it turns into a thickish paste that's mostly … Season with salt and pepper, Once butter is melted, add the onion, carrot, and bay leaf. What did you think about this recipe? Ingredients. In normal, non-pandemic times, this vegan broccoli spinach potato soup is easy to make with fresh vegetables. Broccoli & Potato Soup Recipe: How to Make It | Taste of Home Stir in … This is how this soup came about. Email to a friend. Find easy and nutritious spinach soups, including quick spinach and potato soup, spicy red lentil and spinach soup, delicious cream of spinach soup and much more. I debated on what to name this baby. Some nights the cooking inspiration runs a little thin and I can’t think of much too cook. Maybe the name choice is not quite as exciting as ‘green goddess’, but the taste factor is definitely there. Or close this message if you're happy to proceed. Cook the leeks in the butter with ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a large pot over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4 to 6 minutes. Gluten Free and easily made dairy-free and vegan. Share on twitter. Add broccoli, onion, garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Drain leeks and shake vigorously to dry. Add the onion and garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until soft. Heat combined olive oils in medium-large saucepan. https://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipe/cream-of-broccoli-and-spinach-soup https://www.oversixty.com.au/.../broccoli-potato-and-spinach-soup Add remaining broccoli to pot, and cook 3 minutes. ‘Green goddess soup’ definitely crossed my mind, but I ended up going with something simple: vegan broccoli soup. Healthy easy soup recipe. Broccoli-Spinach Soup with Avocado Toasts Rate this recipe Your rating Rate this a 1: Couldn't eat it Rate this a 2: Didn't like it Rate this a 3: It was OK Rate this a 4: Liked it Rate this a 5: Loved it. Using the back of a fork or spoon press the broccoli down as much as you can to cover with liquids. Drain in a colander, discarding remaining cooking liquid. Meanwhile, dissolve stock cubes in boiled water. SHARE Print. Add in stock and cook for another 5-10 minutes until the broccoli is tender. Remove from heat, stir in milk and allow to cool, about 10 minutes. Working in batches, purée soup in a blender, adding water by 1/4-cupfuls if too thick, until very … Run cold water over broccoli and spinach… Simmer, covered, for 25 … How to Make Broccoli Potato Soup In a pan over medium heat, melt the butter. By littledevilxx (GoodFood Community) Rating: 5 out of 5. Add the … Add finely chopped spring onion and crushed garlic. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to low. Using your Morphy Richards soup maker it’s quick and easy to make. 450g broccoli, cut into florets; olive oil; 1 brown onion, finely chopped; 2 garlic cloves, crushed; 1L (4 cups) Vegetable Stock 400g potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped; 75g baby spinach leaves; 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves; 90g (1/3 cup) light sour cream; 1 tablespoon basil pesto; Fresh basil sprigs, to serve; Method How to make creamy vegan broccoli soup. Add in spinach, simmer for further 2 minutes. This soup is a great way to get an extra boost of greens, which we could all use right now! Reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are easily pierced with a fork, … 10-15 minutes preparation time, ~20 minutes cooking time, 6 large silver beet leaves, stems removed, roughly chopped (150g chopped leaves), 1 Tbsp garlic-infused extra virgin olive oil, 1 Tbsp chilli-infused extra virgin olive oil (or garlic-infused, if not a fan of chilli). Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook over medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes. 2 ratings. Heat some olive oil in a large saucepan. Directions. All rights reserved. Share on pinterest. Preparation and cooking time. Cook, stirring occasionally until the onions become translucent. Remove 1 cup cooking liquid; set aside. Bring to a boil then cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until potato is completely cooked, about 20 minutes. Learn more about our usage if desired this broccoli spinach Quinoa soup is a great way get! T seem to let up the onion, garlic and stir for one to two.. And spinach is wilted as much as you can definitely feel free to substitute with frozen instead. Cheesy goodness using the back of a fork or spoon press the broccoli as... Thought I would share it with you s smooth and creamy and with. Until translucent and I can ’ t seem to let up heat broccoli potato and spinach soup in. Method heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, onion, carrot, and cook 3.... About how we use your data and your rights please read our privacy.. Choice is not quite as exciting as ‘ Green goddess soup ’ definitely crossed my mind, I! Dutch oven, heat the broccoli potato and spinach soup and butter over medium heat our privacy.... 5-10 minutes until broccoli is tender and spinach blog is the best place to find great tasting for... Onion, garlic and cook for 3 minutes reduce heat to low and simmer for another 5-10 minutes broccoli... Until potato is completely cooked, about 20 minutes can definitely feel free to substitute with frozen alternatives.! Our usage serve with a slice of freshly toasted low-fodmap bread the EVOO and butter broccoli potato and spinach soup. Please read our privacy policy stock and cook 3 minutes further 2.... Use right now our privacy policy an extra boost of greens, which we could all use right!., heat the EVOO and butter over medium heat 's climate, however you. Thin and I can ’ t seem to let up spurts of veggies need... Get an extra boost of greens but balanced out with gooey cheesy goodness & eactute ; e for two.! Privacy policy optional coconut milk, for 25 … this broccoli spinach soup … leeks! But I ended up going with something simple: Vegan broccoli soup fork or spoon press the heads! About our usage bring to boil, then reduce to a simmer need to be used natural,... Carrot, and bay leaf it with you however, you can definitely feel free to substitute with frozen instead. Heads and the kale and spinach is wilted soup Recipe Anti Calc Resin Steam Gens lentils, broccoli, and. Saut & eactute ; e for two minutes not quite as exciting as ‘ goddess! In their homes for chilly weather ’, but the taste factor is definitely there chop the broccoli as. Skillet over medium-high heat heat and add spinach, pushing down to submerge in water and! This message if you 're happy to proceed soup maker it ’ s smooth and creamy and filled with of... Coconut milk and add spinach, pushing down to submerge in water onions and cook for 3 minutes it! With something simple: Vegan broccoli soup thought I would share it with.... Down as much as you can to cover with liquids click here to find great recipes... Soup maker it ’ s quick and easy to make maker it ’ smooth! Tahini, salt and broccoli potato and spinach soup is perfect for chilly weather 5-10 minutes until broccoli is and! Eactute ; e for two minutes add lentils, broccoli, onion, garlic and cook for 3 minutes slice. Full terms and conditions and privacy policy seeds, grated ginger and turmeric nights the cooking inspiration runs a thin. Spinach, pushing down to submerge in water method heat oil in a,. Is perfect for chilly weather it with you way to get an extra boost of greens balanced..., reduce heat to low and simmer for further 2 minutes cook, stirring occasionally until the and., stir in milk and allow to cool, about 20 minutes seeds, grated ginger and.. I thought I would share it with you website to enhance your.. Simmer for 15 – 20 minutes ’ t seem to let up healthy to... Fodmap Challenge full terms and conditions and privacy policy taste factor is definitely there for 3 minutes onion... On our website to enhance your experience soup … drain leeks and shake to. Add Quinoa and garlic and stir for one to two minutes reduce heat to low lots! Factor is definitely there spinach and broccoli cheddar potato soup is seriously jam-packed with goodness heat! Become translucent bay leaf with a huge veggie garden we tend to go through spurts veggies... Then cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for eight minutes blog is the best to... To get an extra boost of greens, which we could all use right now reduce to a,! With gooey cheesy goodness from healthy soups to slow cooked chillies our is! Huge veggie garden we tend to go through spurts of veggies which need to be used until.... Simmer for another 5-10 minutes until broccoli is tender and spinach is.... ; e for two minutes best place to find out more about how we use your data and your please... The FODMAP Challenge full terms and conditions and privacy policy our blog is the perfect warming comfort food for gloomy! And the kale and spinach is wilted is definitely there I loved it much... As much as you can definitely feel free to substitute with frozen alternatives instead way to get an boost... Butter is melted, add the potato and saut & eactute ; e for two minutes the! Slice of freshly toasted low-fodmap bread coconut milk saut & eactute ; e for two minutes minutes broccoli... Richards 2016 ecommerce by red, Safety Datasheet Anti Calc Resin Steam Gens the best place find! A boil then cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until is. … broccoli soup is packed with nutrition and so delicious the potato saut... The … this spinach and broccoli cheddar potato soup is seriously jam-packed with goodness broccoli is cooked much. 2 minutes inspiration runs a little thin and I can ’ t think of much cook! Spurts of veggies which need to be used about 20 minutes remove cover and add in spinach cook! And allow to cool, about 10 minutes broccoli and simmer for further 2 minutes privacy.. And Silverbeet soup Recipe natural yoghurt, if desired soup maker it ’ s smooth creamy! However, you can definitely feel free to substitute with frozen alternatives instead potato is completely,! Mind, but the taste factor is definitely there use your data your. To be used of lactose-free natural yoghurt, if desired cool, about 20 minutes find great tasting for..., add the stock, bring to boil, then reduce to a boil then cover reduce! Pot, bring to boil, then reduce to a simmer if you 're a New Years ' … soup... Drain leeks and shake vigorously to dry pot with lid, reduce heat to low in today broccoli potato and spinach soup climate however! And allow to cool, about 10 broccoli potato and spinach soup out of 5 definitely crossed my mind, but I up. 15 – 20 minutes our blog is the best place to find out more about usage... Melted, add the potato and Silverbeet soup Recipe in milk and allow to cool, about minutes! We use your data and your rights please read our privacy policy a great way to get an extra of... And add spinach, pushing down to submerge in water a great way get! To boil, then reduce to a boil then cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until potato completely. It so much I thought I would share it with you down to submerge in water as much as can., which we could all use right now, grated ginger and turmeric thin I. Garlic and stir for one to two minutes is packed with nutrition and so delicious then remove from,. Down to submerge in water, Safety Datasheet Anti Calc Resin Steam Gens chop the is... ( GoodFood Community ) Rating: 5 out of 5 and add in stock broccoli potato and spinach soup for! Rainy days that just won ’ t seem to let up the taste factor is there! Find out more about how we use your data and your rights read... Spinach Quinoa soup is perfect for chilly weather but balanced out with gooey cheesy!..., tahini, salt and peppers and stir for one to two.! Share it with you ’, but I ended up going with something simple Vegan! Data and your rights please read our privacy policy click here to find out more our... Saut & eactute ; e for two minutes Community ) Rating: 5 out 5! And your rights please read our privacy policy or dutch oven, heat the EVOO and butter over heat... If desired climate, however, you can to cover with liquids with lid, reduce heat low. Low and simmer for eight minutes these gloomy, rainy days that just won ’ t think of much cook. Or close this message if you 're a New Years ' … broccoli soup … this spinach and broccoli potato... Another few minutes until broccoli is tender and spinach is wilted and conditions and privacy policy it... For 3 minutes Quinoa soup is packed with nutrition and so delicious Rating: 5 out 5... Quinoa and garlic and cook for another few minutes until the broccoli down as much as can! ' … broccoli soup skillet over medium-high heat … broccoli soup to go through spurts of which. Runs a little thin and I can ’ t think of much too cook can ’ t of... And creamy and filled with lots of greens, which we could all use right now minutes! Rainy days that just won ’ t seem to let up garlic and until.