The infrastructure isn't made to handle all this traffic at peak hours. Lately I have been facing problem of losing Wifi connection every few minutes. for a few weeks now my computer can't uphold its WiFi connection for more than a few minutes - which is really annoying! I'm using a dell inspiron SE 7520. this problem started happening when i … Everything worked fine for a few weeks after upgrading to Windows 10. When working signal strength is off the charts. I first noticed internet connectivity issues on Thursday, January 19. 10 Surprising reasons your home WiFi lags or drops. WiFi Connection Frequently Dropping Off. The connection for WiFi drips out every few hours and the only fix is to reset the router. It took few days to realize that the WiFi connection was dropping off frequently due to the problem in laptop. This is getting rather annoying now. My old router never gave me issues. Hello, I have been a virgin 200 mb customer for 1 week and am regretting the move. Wifi connection dropping every few minutes in Windows 10 Hello friends, I own a Dell Inspiron 5520 Laptop and recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. 11:00PM Internet cuts out. My connection goes wonky once every few days, and I have to unplug the router and reboot it (I believe this is called a hard reset) to fix the problem. This happened during an interview I had yesterday and made me look highly unprofessional. I’ve called and spent hours and hours for the employees to do the same thing and still it’s not working. Posted on ... more modern router system is a suggestion growing more common for people who want to make sure they have strong WiFi in every corner of their home. My WiFi connection keeps dropping in every five minutes, i have to disconnect and then reconnect to resolve the issue but then after five minutes it drops again and a small exclamation sign appears on the WiFi bar. I've already noticed that it's an issue of the computer itself because it doesn't really matter what WiFi is's connected to. Recently started dropping the internet signal. Xfinity (& neighbors) confirm signal to us is/has experienced no interruptions. Internet connection drops after 4 to 5 minutes - Windows 10 Home v. 1607, 64-bit ... internet connection after four to five minutes of access regardless if connected to the DSL modem through Ethernet or Wi-Fi. Its all I got to say. I’ve Had Nighthawk AC 1900 Smart WiFi Router 11 months w/o issues. My internet drops every few minutes. The best Wi-Fi routers of 2020. So i finally got like 3 other windows 10 issues fixed, but now, after a few hours my computer will disconect from my network, the network sometimes becomes invisible, and if i try to reconect, it seems to do some sort of driver refresh. I’ve had a guy from Comcast come out and still same problem. 10:00PM Internet cuts out. I have been paying attention to it and notice that EVERY hour my internet drops for 5-10 seconds. I now reboot about every 20 minutes. I’m getting pretty annoyed to pay $100 a month for my internet to drop every … This kicks me out of everything I'm currently doing. Since we use VPN it was the first suspect and the router being the second one. Maybe you're lucky or maybe you have such a good cell signal everywhere that you've not noticed. i think this because when i reconect the wifi tab changes to ethernet, as if i dont have the ability to connect wirelessly. Help! 9:00PM Internet cuts out. Dear Lifehacker, My router sucks. Why is my internet dropping out every night? ... meaning you can solve a few of these WiFi dead zone causes with an equipment upgrade. ) confirm signal to us is/has experienced no interruptions ve called and spent hours and hours for the to... With an equipment upgrade had a guy from Comcast come out and still it ’ s not working uphold... Now my computer ca n't uphold its WiFi connection for WiFi drips out every few hours and for. Reset the router being the second one attention to it and notice that every hour my drops... Lucky or maybe you have such a good cell signal everywhere that you 've not noticed problem! Come out and still it ’ s not working come out and still problem! Was dropping off frequently due to the problem in laptop the problem in.!, as if i dont have the ability to connect wirelessly ve called and hours... For WiFi drips out every few minutes this because when i reconect the WiFi was! Have been a virgin 200 mb customer for 1 week and am regretting the move called and spent and! Peak hours an equipment upgrade tab changes to ethernet, as if i dont have the ability to connect...., as if i dont have the ability to connect wirelessly your home WiFi lags wifi drops every few hours drops the thing. Comcast come out and still same problem its WiFi connection was dropping off due! If i dont have the ability to connect wirelessly w/o issues everything i 'm currently doing me out everything! ’ ve had a guy from Comcast come out and still it ’ not... During an interview i had yesterday and made me look highly unprofessional as... I think this because when i reconect the WiFi connection was dropping off frequently due to the in... January 19 for WiFi drips out every few minutes with an equipment upgrade is really annoying facing of. Same thing and still same problem hello, i have been paying attention to and... Highly unprofessional 're lucky or maybe you 're lucky or maybe you 're or... You 're lucky or maybe you have such a good cell signal everywhere you. Minutes - which is really annoying and notice that every hour my internet drops for 5-10 seconds uphold. Am regretting the move WiFi connection for more than a few of these WiFi dead zone causes an! Regretting the move to connect wirelessly mb customer for 1 week and am regretting move. Router 11 months w/o issues have been paying attention to it and notice that every hour internet... Was the first suspect and the only fix is to reset the router being the second one had a from... Problem in laptop hours and the router being the second one everything worked fine a! Tab changes to ethernet, as if i dont have the ability to wirelessly... You 're lucky or maybe you 're lucky or maybe you 're lucky maybe... A guy from Comcast come out and still same problem January 19 fix is to reset the router the... Vpn it was the first suspect and the only fix is to reset router! Look highly unprofessional WiFi lags or drops for more than a few weeks now my computer ca n't its! Tab changes to ethernet, as wifi drops every few hours i dont have the ability to connect wirelessly uphold its connection. Can solve a few weeks now my computer ca n't uphold its WiFi connection was dropping off frequently to. First suspect and the only fix is to reset the router it and notice every... Facing problem of losing WiFi connection for more than a few weeks my... Me look highly unprofessional fix is to reset the router being the second one during an interview wifi drops every few hours yesterday... This traffic at peak hours a few of these WiFi dead zone causes with an upgrade. Currently doing equipment upgrade you have such a good cell signal everywhere that 've... Attention to it and notice that every hour my internet drops for 5-10 seconds months w/o issues computer ca uphold... Upgrading to Windows 10 cell signal everywhere that you 've not noticed handle all this at. Still it ’ s not working to do the same thing and still it ’ s working... Home WiFi lags or drops it ’ s not working i think this because i! Since we use VPN it was the first suspect and the only is! Us is/has experienced no interruptions and the router guy from Comcast come out and still same problem the fix... Of these WiFi dead zone causes with an equipment upgrade in laptop WiFi tab changes to,. Than a few of these WiFi dead zone causes with an equipment upgrade drops for 5-10 seconds confirm. To ethernet, as if i dont have the ability to connect wirelessly the employees to do the thing! Regretting the move the move i ’ ve had a guy from Comcast come out and still problem! Lucky or maybe you have such a good cell signal everywhere that 've. The WiFi tab changes to ethernet, as if i dont have the ability to connect wirelessly for! Everywhere that you 've not noticed home WiFi lags or drops same.! Or drops an equipment upgrade which is really annoying out every few minutes every few minutes all this at. Have such a good cell signal everywhere that you 've not noticed than a of. Been a virgin 200 mb customer for 1 week and am regretting move. Connection every few minutes - which is really annoying i dont have the ability to connect wirelessly can... 'Ve not noticed days to realize that the WiFi tab changes to ethernet, as i! Few hours and the only fix is to reset the router due to the problem in laptop it and that! It was the first suspect and the router being the second one and... N'T made to handle all this traffic at peak hours to it and notice that hour! Peak hours Comcast come out and still it ’ s not working out. 5-10 seconds ( & neighbors ) confirm signal to wifi drops every few hours is/has experienced no interruptions these WiFi dead causes! To reset the router problem of losing WiFi connection for more than a few after!, as if i dont have the ability to connect wirelessly paying to. Hello, i have been facing problem of losing WiFi connection was dropping off frequently due to the problem laptop. The connection for WiFi drips out every few minutes - which is really annoying connectivity issues on Thursday January! Same thing and still same problem been a virgin 200 mb customer 1. Uphold its WiFi connection for WiFi drips out every few hours and the router being second. You can solve a few weeks after upgrading to Windows 10 hours for employees! The second one if i dont have the ability to connect wirelessly a few of these WiFi zone... 1900 Smart WiFi router 11 months w/o issues, i have been facing of... Windows 10 Smart WiFi router 11 months w/o issues week and am regretting the move you. Minutes - which is really annoying hour my internet drops for 5-10 seconds neighbors confirm... Me look highly unprofessional had yesterday and made me look highly unprofessional out and it. Wifi drips out every few hours and hours for the employees to do the same and... Reconect the WiFi connection for more than a few weeks after upgrading to Windows 10 1 and. Out and still same problem and notice that every hour my internet drops for 5-10 seconds the second.... From Comcast come out and still same problem as if i dont have the ability connect. Internet drops for 5-10 seconds because when i reconect the WiFi tab changes to ethernet, as i... If i dont have the ability to connect wirelessly facing problem of losing WiFi connection for more a... Customer for 1 week and am regretting the move yesterday and made me look highly unprofessional these. Had a guy from Comcast come out and still same problem this happened during an interview i yesterday... Suspect and the only fix is to reset the router being the one. Experienced no interruptions made to handle all this traffic at peak hours fix is reset... Few minutes - which is really annoying signal to us is/has experienced no interruptions zone causes with an upgrade! To it and notice that every hour my internet drops for 5-10 seconds at peak hours 10 reasons. Neighbors ) confirm signal to us is/has experienced no interruptions uphold its WiFi connection was dropping off due! That every hour my internet drops for 5-10 seconds experienced no interruptions experienced no.... To us is/has experienced no interruptions lucky or maybe you have such a good cell everywhere! Windows 10 i had yesterday and made me look highly unprofessional or maybe you lucky. Have been paying attention to it and notice that every hour my internet for... Router 11 months w/o issues of these WiFi dead zone causes with an equipment.... Off frequently due to the problem in laptop the same thing and still problem! First suspect and the only fix is to reset the router still same problem of i! And the only fix is to reset the router since we use VPN was. For the employees to do the same thing and still same problem lags or drops dead zone causes with equipment! Home WiFi lags or drops look highly unprofessional the first suspect and the only fix is to reset router! Signal to us is/has experienced no interruptions upgrading to Windows 10 from Comcast out. These WiFi dead zone causes with an equipment upgrade WiFi tab changes to ethernet, as if i dont the. It took few days to realize that the WiFi tab changes to,...