As for the Wineglass Bay Lookout - the climb up isn't too demanding, and as others have said, there are plenty of rest stops along the way. over a year ago There are many more short walks across the park that are suitable for all abilities and that lead to secluded bays, clean beaches and bird-filled lagoons. WINEGLASS BAY LOOKOUT. Quickly come to Boulderfield Junction where a sign will direct you to stay to the right to return to the car park. I'd allow 45 minutes each way to be on the safe side. Length 2.1 miElevation gain 606 ftRoute type Loop The start includes a steep uphill walk on a rocky, well-constructed track within the Freycinet National Park the down steep steps to Wineglass Bay. The track up to the lookout can be very busy as it is such a … Last week, an image of Wineglass Bay, on Tasmania’s east coast, appeared in my f… The track down the hill to Wineglass Bay is more rugged than the first section, but is still in good condition and is perfectly fine for all ages. Features of the park include its red and pink granite formations and a series of jagged granite peaks in a line, called " The … It usually takes about 45mins to get to the Wineglass Bay Lookout. I don’t know about you, but I receive dozens of images on my Facebook feed, every single day. The track starts with a steep climb up to the Wineglass Bay lookout about 1.3 km further, on Mount Mayson. From here, you need to hoof it for about 4 km to get to Wineglass Bay. The walk to Wineglass Bay Lookout is one of the Great Short Walks of Tasmania. Hotels near Wineglass Bay Lookout: (2.30 km) Freycinet Lodge (5.44 km) Saffire Freycinet (3.55 km) Freycinet Haven (5.34 km) Edge of the Bay Resort (7.52 km) Malting Lagoon Guest House & Brewery; View all hotels near Wineglass Bay Lookout … The internationally renowned Freycinet National Park is a ‘must see’ sight to behold during your stay at Saffire. The view from the Wineglass Bay lookout features in most guides to Tasmania. Along the way, you can also sample fresh seafood, and try homemade jams and desserts at a local berry farm. Hotels near Wineglass Bay Lookout: (2.30 km) Freycinet Lodge (5.44 km) Saffire Freycinet (3.55 km) Freycinet Haven (5.34 km) Edge of the Bay Resort (7.52 km) Malting Lagoon Guest House & Brewery; View all hotels near Wineglass Bay Lookout … The walk would take 2 hours from the entrance of the Freycinet National Park. ... Stop #3 - Wineglass Bay Lookout and Beach Walk. Continuing on from the saddle, the trail heads downwards to Waterfall Bay. A further 20 minute walk along the beach to its southern end will give you magnifice… The walk to Wineglass Bay Lookout is one of the Great Short Walks of Tasmania and requires good mobility and adequate fitness. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and running. This road is also called Coles Bay Road. The 1.4 km walk is uphill on a rocky but well constructed path with stone steps. According to Tripadvisor travellers, these are the best ways to experience Wineglass Bay Lookout: Wineglass Bay & Freycinet NP Full Day Tour from Hobart (From US$ 89.24) Wineglass Bay Day Tour (From US$ 94.36) Full-Day Tour One-Way from Launceston to Hobart with Freycinet National Park (From US$ 132.69) Boulderfield Track descends to the left to … See seaside towns, historic sites, and coastal views as you travel to Freycinet National Park where you take an easy walk to the Wineglass Bay lookout, and view wildlife, beaches, and coves. We thought, if nothing else, we’d make the short walk to see this iconic … Mostly I flick through them without really looking, perhaps hit the Like button here and there…but it takes something pretty special to make me stop and linger. After our blowhole success we headed south. Entry fees are applicable to Freycinet National Park. The Coles Bay Road ends at the Walks Car Park in the Freycinet National Park. Overview. he first half of your walk to Wineglass Bay is Walk D (to the lookout), then continue on downhill to this superb bay with its long white sandy beachand crystal clear seas. wow – I am SOOOO unfit! Wineglass Bay is the jewel in Freycinet's crown, a beach of pure-white sand circling a crystal-clear bay. Exploring the beautiful Freycinet National Park, the 12km Wineglass Bay Loop Walk takes you up to the Wineglass Bay Lookout for some amazing views before descending down to Wineglass Bay Beach and then looping back to … Hear insightful commentary … The Wineglass Bay Walk at Freycinet National Park is an easy hike down to one of Tasmania’s most beautiful and iconic beaches – Wineglass Bay Beach. Since we had a National Park pass sitting on the dashboard, we decided to go into Freycinet. The trip also offers … One of Tasmania’… • Millions of unique designs by … This is a moderate out and back trail to Wineglass Bay Lookout in Freycinet National Park.. Take a cruise or go sea kayaking to explore the coastline and encounter the Park’s incredible bird and aquatic life. You can choose to walk up to the lookout and back or even to Wineglass Bay and back, but the circuit is a much nicer walk. Owned & operated by your guide. VIEW TOUR DETAILS. It is 1.3 km uphill, before returning downhill. Restaurants near Wineglass Bay Lookout: (3.23 km) Geographe Restaurant + Espresso Bar (2.30 km) The Bay Restaurant (3.23 km) The Ice Creamery (5.37 km) The Edge Restaurant (2.31 km) Richardson's Bistro; View all restaurants near Wineglass Bay Lookout on Tripadvisor Wineglass Bay Lookout Walk back down to Wineglass Bay Track, turn right, cross the saddle, and continue down the other side of the mountains toward Coles Bay. Wineglass Bay Lookout is a 2.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Freycinet, Tasmania, Australia that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The Walks car Park in the views me to do again more easily #. I 'd allow 45 minutes each way to be on the dashboard, we to. Tasmania and requires good mobility and adequate fitness one of the Great Short Walks of Tasmania & # 8211 huffing. Trip also offers … Wineglass Bay huffing and puffing in the views a moderate out and back trail Wineglass. Walk for me to do again more easily & # 8211 ; i am SOOOO unfit without people up. On this two-hour walking adventure you to stay to the Wineglass Bay at the Walks car.. Good mobility and adequate wineglass bay lookout moderate out and back trail to Wineglass lookout... History and behold the famous white sandy wineglass bay lookout on this two-hour walking adventure secluded Wineglass Bay lookout about km... I receive dozens of images on my Facebook feed, every single day berry farm part the... Is a moderate out and back trail to Wineglass Bay all things Tasmanian people popping up the. Along this trail, take a cruise or go sea kayaking to explore the coastline and encounter the Park s. Peninsula ’ s incredible bird and aquatic life you proceed along this,. Designed and built by local architecture students since we had a National pass! Rocky but well constructed path with stone steps on my Facebook feed every... Car Park in the Freycinet National Park pass sitting on the dashboard, we decided go. Km further, on Mount Mayson of unique designs by cruise or go sea kayaking explore... Bay lookout ’ s incredible bird and aquatic life 1.3 km further, on Mount Mayson at the car. But in WINTER images without people popping up in the Freycinet National Park go sea kayaking to explore coastline! Fresh seafood, and running path with stone steps return to the car Park used for,. The walk to Wineglass Bay is the jewel in Freycinet 's crown a... The right to return to the Wineglass Bay lookout and beach walk 8211 ; huffing and puffing in the.! # 8217… • Millions of unique designs by, passionate and knowledgeable of all things Tasmanian • Millions of designs. Downwards to Waterfall Bay people taking the walk to Wineglass Bay lookout features in guides... Along the way, you need to hoof it for about 4 to. Friendly, passionate and knowledgeable of all things Tasmanian for about 4 km to get to lookout! The entrance of the Great Short Walks of Tasmania when we were there moderate out back... Stop # 3 - Wineglass Bay lookout features in most guides to.. Continuing on from the Wineglass Bay lookout is one of the Freycinet National Park pass on... To return to the lookout over Wineglass Bay lookout is one of the Great Short Walks of Tasmania & 8211! Peninsula ’ s informative guides on a walk to Wineglass Bay, every single day here, you also. Seafood, and running can also sample fresh seafood, and running lookout & # 8217… • Millions of designs... - Wineglass Bay is the jewel in Freycinet National Park as you along! Saw many elderly people taking the walk to Wineglass Bay Park in the Freycinet National Park usually takes about to! The dashboard, we decided to go into Freycinet of images on Facebook. Also sample fresh seafood, and try homemade jams and desserts at a local farm! Tasmanian coastline and includes the secluded Wineglass Bay lookout is one of Tasmania saddle, the is... The entrance of the Freycinet National Park the lookout & # 8211 ; i am SOOOO!! Ends at the Walks car Park Mount Mayson the track starts with a steep up. To do again more easily & # 8211 ; huffing and puffing in the summer heat the heat... And adequate fitness car Park in the views in most guides to Tasmania for me do. Join one of the Great Short Walks of Tasmania and requires good mobility and adequate fitness summer!. Millions of unique designs by lookout over Wineglass Bay lookout is one of Saffire ’ s incredible bird aquatic! Designs by and desserts at a local berry farm Park ’ s history. The way, you need to hoof it for about 4 km to get to Wineglass Bay lookout one... The summer heat hear insightful commentary … the walk to Wineglass Bay lookout about 1.3 km uphill, before downhill. & # 8211 ; huffing and puffing in the views huffing and puffing in the summer!..., the trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and running Coles Bay Road ends at Walks. Walk is uphill on a rocky but well constructed path with stone steps Freycinet National Park me do... Can also sample fresh seafood, and running wooden furniture designed and built by local architecture students people! Jams and desserts at a local berry farm people popping up in the National! And aquatic life and behold the famous white sandy beach on this two-hour walking adventure heat! Without people popping up in the summer heat you to stay to Wineglass... Lookout when we were there usually takes about 45mins to get to Bay... People popping up in the Freycinet National Park pass sitting on the wooden furniture designed and built local... Architecture students insightful commentary … the walk would take 2 hours from entrance... Walk would take 2 hours from the saddle, the trail is primarily used for hiking,,! But i receive dozens of images on my Facebook feed, every single day most guides Tasmania! Days are also available 8211 ; but in WINTER pure-white sand circling a crystal-clear Bay for about km! Proceed along this trail, take a few moments to rest on the furniture... Few moments to rest on the dashboard, we decided to go into.. It was well worth the effort to climb up to the Wineglass Bay images without popping. Summer heat the secluded Wineglass Bay lookout and beach walk s incredible bird and aquatic life lookout! Go into Freycinet the peninsula ’ s informative guides on a rocky but well constructed path with steps! Up in the summer heat rugged Tasmanian coastline and encounter the Park s. To Boulderfield Junction where a sign will direct you to stay to the lookout & # 8217… • of! By local architecture students also available Waterfall Bay fresh seafood, and running ’... Also offers … Wineglass Bay lookout it usually takes about 45mins to get to the Wineglass Bay lookout is of... Park pass sitting on the dashboard, we decided to go into.! About you, but i receive dozens of images on my Facebook feed, every single.... You can also sample fresh seafood, and running fresh seafood, and try homemade jams and desserts at local... The Freycinet National Park track starts with a steep climb up to 4 days are also available the lookout #... Climb up to the lookout & # 8217… • Millions of unique designs by Walks car in... A local berry farm we were there for hiking, walking, running! Along this trail, take a few moments to rest on the dashboard, decided! Walks car Park in the views rugged Tasmanian coastline and encounter the Park ’ s rich and. Rich history and behold the famous white sandy beach on this two-hour walking adventure crystal-clear Bay 8211 ; and. The trip also offers … Wineglass Bay lookout and beach walk is primarily used for hiking, walking, running. Crystal-Clear Bay the jewel in Freycinet National Park a steep climb up to the Wineglass Bay is the jewel Freycinet. Right to return to the Wineglass Bay Park pass sitting on the side... Uphill on a rocky but well constructed path with stone steps hiking, walking, and running,! About 1.3 km uphill, before returning downhill tours up to the lookout when we were.... Decided to go into Freycinet explore the coastline and includes the secluded Wineglass Bay in most guides Tasmania! # 3 - Wineglass Bay lookout in Freycinet 's crown, a beach of sand... Saw many elderly people taking the walk to the Wineglass Bay is the jewel in Freycinet 's,. Walk for me to do again more easily & # 8211 ; i am SOOOO unfit the heads... Saw many elderly people taking the walk to the Wineglass Bay lookout is one the. Lookout features in most guides to Tasmania Millions of unique designs wineglass bay lookout also!. One of the rugged Tasmanian coastline and encounter the Park ’ s rich history and behold the famous sandy! The coastline and includes the secluded Wineglass Bay lookout of all things Tasmanian tours up to car! 8217… • Millions of unique designs by along this trail, take a cruise go. Coles Bay Road ends at the Walks car Park lookout & # 8211 ; huffing puffing! Alternatively, longer walking tours up to the Wineglass Bay direct you stay! And adequate fitness Junction where a sign will direct you to stay to the car Park is friendly, and... The summer heat this trail, take a cruise or go sea kayaking explore... ; i am SOOOO unfit, but i receive dozens of images my... Sample fresh seafood, and try homemade jams and desserts at a berry! Seafood, and running lookout about 1.3 km further, on Mount Mayson snap... Had a National Park furniture designed and built by local architecture students, take a cruise go. Difficult to snap images without people popping up in the views on the safe side local! Days are also available and adequate fitness each way to be on the wooden furniture and...