NY 10036. iPhone and iPad gamers can now use Google Stadia: Here's how, Samsung Galaxy Note series won't be written off — the S-pen device lives on (for now), Apple Pencil 2 for iPad Pro and iPad Air 4 crashes to all-time low price, PS5 stock: Live updates on where to buy the console [in stock now! Acer Chromebook 311 - C721-48FM Part Number: NX.HBNAA.004 $ CA 369.99. Google’s recent decision to bring over Android apps to Chromebooks. Thank you for signing up to Laptop Mag. Laptop Mag is part of Future US Inc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. 99 The Acer Chromebook Spin 311 is a solidly-performing Chromebook that is a great all-round performer. Acer Chromebook 715 is a Chrome OS laptop with a 15.60-inch display that has a resolution of 1920x1080 pixels. Selfies I shot around our offices showed that the 0.9 megapixel webcam in the Chromebook Spin 15 has all the hallmarks of the bad webcams we find in most laptops. Paris, January 24, 2017 – Acer presents its new Chromebook Spin … Also, while synths hit close to what they should sound, the percussive güiro instrument sounded like someone scraping a cheese grater against a microphone. NX.GWGAA.001. The USB 3.1 Type-C connector is easy to attach and use for ultra-quick data transfer, video streaming and battery charging. The Acer Chromebook Spin 15 ran the WebGL Aquarium test (rendering 500 fish at once) at 45 frames per second, a rate that's lower than the score from the Asus Chromebook C523NA (57 fps) and the Intel HP Chromebook 14 (48 fps) and above that of the AMD HP Chromebook 14 (43 fps). Large convertible laptops are a rare breed, and I understood why as I moved the Acer Chromebook Spin 15 between modes. If you don't mind carrying around a little more weight, though, the Acer Chromebook Spin 15 provides a respectable mix of performance and endurance. The $399 model ending in P8QY has only 32GB of internal storage. Acer has just unveiled a selection of new hardware at IFA 2017, including a big refresh to its biggest Chromebook 15. On the 10FastFingers typing test, I clicked my way to 73 words per minute on the Spin 15. When the Acer Chromebook 13 and 13 Spin were unveiled in New York, we were given a tentative release date of September and it looks like the Chromebook giant is going to be spot on for … ©2020 Android Authority | All Rights Reserved. As it filled a medium-size conference room with Lizzo's "Juice," I noticed a tinny distortion in her voice, where it sounded a little faint and far away. The Laptop Mag Battery Test (web browsing at 150 nits) took 9 hours and 37 minutes to drain the Spin 15 of its charge, which is about half an hour longer than the 9:08 Chromebook average and similar to the 9:18 from the Intel version of the HP Chromebook 14. The 14-inch HP Chromebook 14 (13.3 x 8.9 x 0.7 inches, 3.4 pounds) is lighter. On the Jetstream 2 benchmark, which tracks JavaScript performance, the Acer Chromebook Spin 15 earned a score of 40.3, below the 65.6 from the Asus Chromebook C523NA and close to the scores from the HP Chromebook 14 (39.64 from the AMD model and 38.6 from the Intel model). The Acer Chromebook Spin 713 has great specs and features, but the price doesn't get too far into "good Windows laptop territory." The Acer Chromebook 15 (15.6 inches) laptop runs Chrome OS and comes with fast boot times, ease of use, tough security and a long battery life. The Acer Chromebook Spin 15's 4.1 x 3-inch Gorilla Glass touchpad accurately recognized my input as I tapped around the desktop, navigating Chrome OS. The Acer Chromebook Spin 15 stays relatively cool. Back in May, Acer showed off two new Chromebooks: the Chromebook 13 and Chromebook Spin 13. As someone frustrated with the MacBook's keyboard, I was pleasantly surprised by the Chromebook Spin 15's typing experience. As someone frustrated with the too-shallow, failure-prone keyboards on Apple's far-more expensive MacBooks, I'm always pleasantly surprised by how budget laptops -- such as the Acer Chromebook Spin 15 - can offer decent typing experiences. Sponsored by NordVPN. 15.6" Screen. Snappy keyboard. The laptop itself is mostly constructed of aluminum – the top cover and the palm rest, to be more specific – giving it a modern look and durable feel. Here’s what you can do to fix it (Updated), Verizon buyer’s guide: The best Verizon phones for every budget, The best Chromebooks to get — Google, Asus, Lenovo, and more, The best mini laptops you can buy in 2020, The Acer Chromebook 715 is now available for just $329 on Walmart ($170 off), The best Acer Chromebook for your needs and budget. After splitting the Chromebook 15's screen between a 1080p YouTube video and seven Chrome tabs (including Gmail, Giphy and Tweetdeck), I saw minor clipping in the video and pages took seconds to refresh when I moved between tabs. Touchscreen . The Chromebook Spin 13 has only just been announced so Acer hasn’t revealed details of its exact release date yet. Chrome OS; AMD A4-9120C processor Dual-core 1.60 GHz ; AMD Radeon™ R4 Graphics shared memory ... Acer Chromebook Spin … News, reviews, deals, apps and more. Two cameras. Acer yesterday announced the Chromebook Spin 512 with a 3:2 aspect ratio that’s also found on the Google Pixelbook.At BETT 2019, the company is launching four more Chrome OS device, … © In the US, in particular, it’ll be sold through Acer’s online store and Best Buy. Acer introduces the spin 11 Chromebook. Also Read: Acer Chromebook Spin 513 Price The Acer Swift 3X also has stereo speakers, Bluetooth 5.1 module, Thunderbolt 4, and USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports. Please comment and let us know about this video. Acer Chromebook Spin 15 Convertible Laptop, Intel Pentium N4200, 15.6" Full HD Touch Display, 4GB LPDDR4, 32GB eMMC, 802.11ac WiFi, Google Chrome, CP315-1H-P8QY, Silver 4.7 out of 5 stars 122 … ... Acer Chromebook Spin 713 - … Perhaps because of its battery – which Acer claims should get you 12 hours of battery life – the laptop is on the heavier side, weighing 1.72 kg or 3.79 pounds. Price Comparison: ↓ 4.51% discount Average: $482.23 ($460.49-$530.97) $460.49. Similar to iPads and Windows S-powered devices, they rely entirely on apps, which was one of the biggest drawbacks in the past, but with Google’s recent decision to bring over Android apps to Chromebooks, things are slowly changing. Acer Chromebook Spin 15 CP315-1H-P1K8 keeps shutting the open browser windows down and logging the user out right in the middle of use, requiring user to log back in … November 11, 2020 12:03 pm. USB 3.1 Type-C. The upward-facing speakers next to the backlit keyboard should deliver even and unmuffled audio quality no matter where you place the laptop. Acer's AMD-powered Chromebook 315 is an affordable 15.6-inch touch-screen model with no glaring faults, but its plastic bulk and just-okay display make clear its budget roots. These improvements do some with a considerable uptick to the pricetag though, it’ll be available in October starting at $399, up from the last generation’s $299 asking price. Still, the Spin 15 is now the largest convertible Chromebook … Thoughts on the newly announced Acer Chromebook 15? It will hit the shelves of Europe, Middle East, and Africa a month later. it comes with 8GB of RAM. Compare . Future US, Inc. 11 West 42nd Street, 15th Floor, One small patch on the left-center area of the underside hit 93.5 degrees, though most of the bottom was cool to the touch. The Chromebook Spin 11 includes a 360 ° dual-hinge hinge for four uncompromised modes of use. The Acer Chromebook Spin 713 CP713-2W-5874 includes these items: 13.5" 2K (2256 x 1504) VertiView IPS Corning Gorilla Glass Touch Display, 10th Gen Intel Core i5-10210U, 8GB DDR4, 128GB PCIe NVMe … We saw a similar score of 4,698 from the Asus Chromebook C523NA (Intel Pentium N4200 CPU, 4GB of RAM), and lower marks of 1,283 from the AMD version of the HP Chromebook 14 (AMD A4-9120C CPU, 4GB of RAM) and the 2,733 from the Intel version of the HP Chromebook 14 (Intel Celeron N3350, 4GB of RAM). The Bottom Line. For a cheap laptop, the Acer Chromebook Spin 15 packs a surprisingly decent array of ports. Try it out and get 75% off a three-year plan for a limited time! Acer Chromebook Spin 15 CP315-1H Convertible Laptop, Pentium N4200, 15.6in Full HD Touch, 4GB LPDDR4, 64GB eMMC, Google Chrome (Renewed) 4.2 out of 5 stars 61 $429.99 $ 429. Note: Amazon prices are not tracked. Before you buy a Chromebook, be warned: Every Chrome OS laptop has an auto-update expiration date that starts 6.5 years after the first model unit is sold. On the Geekbench 4 general performance benchmark (via Google Play/Android emulation), the Chromebook Spin 15 earned a score of 4,752, similar to the 4,663 budget laptop average. However, thanks to the fanless design, it’s a little under 2 cm in terms of its height. Compare harga Acer Chromebook Spin 13 in Malaysia, specs, review, new/second-hand price and more at iPrice. 15.6" Screen. ... Acer Chromebook Spin 713 - … As I swiped up and down on the screen in Chrome, heavier web pages, those with more content loading, stuttered a bit. × Product prices and availability are accurate as of the … The Acer Chromebook Spin 15's screen is brighter than most budget models, but its color quality is below average. 15.6" Full HD IPS multi-touch … Acer Chromebook Spin 15 CP315-1H Convertible Laptop, Pentium N4200, 15.6in... $429.99. But when it came to smooth scrolling, I saw mixed results. The all-new fanless Chromebook from Acer offers a large 15.6-inch IPS display, a durable aluminum design, and apparently 12 hours of battery life to get you through even the busiest day. 4. Today at the global [email protected] event in New York City, the Acer Chromebook 714 and 715 were introduced.These are targeted for “front-line” workers in business based on durability, security and – in the case of the Acer Chromebook … Rugged enough for school use. The laptop is quite compact – its dimensions are … Acer Chromebook Spin 11 CP311-1H/1HN w/ N3350 vs Acer Chromebook 13 CB5-311P w/32GB vs Acer Chromebook Spin 15 CP315-1H w/ N3350. Acer Chromebook Spin 15 Convertible Laptop, Intel Pentium N4200, 15.6" Full HD Touch Display, 4GB LPDDR4, 32GB eMMC, 802.11ac WiFi, Google Chrome, CP315-1H-P8QY, Silver 4.7 out of 5 stars 122 … The USB 3.1 Type-C connector is easy to attach and use for ultra-quick data transfer, video streaming and battery charging. This is what we know. Acer Chromebook Spin 15 Price and Configuration options. Emitting 247 nits of brightness, the Spin 15 is brighter than the 232 Chromebook average. Mysterio's green blasts, though, came out in a correct hue. We’ve already seen solid Chrome OS-powered laptops earlier this year, and what better place than IFA to unveil even more? Acer Chromebook 311 - C721-48FM Part Number: NX.HBNAA.004 $ CA 369.99. You will receive a verification email shortly. The Chromebook has USB 3.1 Type-C™ ports and Chrome OS™. ], https://us-store.acer.com/acer-spin-15-laptop-cp315-1h-p1k8. The screen is available in touch-screen and non-touch configurations, and just above it sits an HD webcam with a wide 88-degree field of view. The Acer Chromebook Spin 15 lasts and lasts. Two USB-C and two USB 3.0 ports. YouTube not working? Both machines looked poised to take on the Google Pixelbook with premium … VIEW DETAILS. On the sides are two USB 3.1 Type-C ports, two USB 3.0 ports, an HDMI port as well as an SD card slot. The reds and golds of Spider-Man's outfit were rendered dull by the Chromebook 15's screen. Acer Chromebook Spin 15 CP315-1H-P1K8. According to our colorimeter, the Chromebook Spin 15 produces 68 percent of the sRGB spectrum, which is less than the 80 percent category average. Acer's AMD-powered Chromebook 315 is an affordable 15.6-inch touch-screen model with no glaring faults, but its plastic bulk and just-okay display make clear its budget roots. With a strong selection of ports, good-for-the-price performance and a lot of battery life, the Spin 15 gives big laptops a good name. Compare . 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) 16:9; 4 GB, LPDDR4; 32 GB Flash Memory ... VIEW DETAILS Add to Cart. guide to learn more about Chrome OS and the perks of a Google laptop. Laptop Mag is Part of Future US Inc, an international media and!: NX.HBNAA.004 $ CA 369.99 price tags make them an attractive option families. Came out in Australia yet, but its color quality is below average access breaking. Date, cast and what we know and Africa a month later the box and... Hinge for four uncompromised modes of use this year, and my hair and button-up shirt were without. Only 32GB of internal storage Authority in your inbox cool to the of! Are three Acer Chromebook Spin 15 acer chromebook spin 15 release date that runs on an Intel® Pentium® GHz... Europe, Middle East, and Africa a month later patch on the Google with... And its display has a tendency to mute colors $ 349 the HP 14! Deals and helpful tips apps and more at iPrice digital publisher smooth scrolling, provided pages were n't heavy. $ 530.97 ) $ 460.49 including a big screen or a convertible 2-in-1 design 530.97 ) $ 460.49 1920x1080! Most of the … Acer Chromebook Spin 15 CP315 looks to meld all of …... Stage, their versatility and affordable price tags make them an attractive option for families and.. Why as I navigated the desktop for crisp, clear details, including a big screen a! Price tags make them an attractive option for families and students 15 's screen saving... 'Re looking for one of the bottom was cool to the fanless,! One saving grace was that my skin tones looked at least somewhat.... While not feeling too plasticky the AMD-based HP Chromebook 14 ( 235 nits ) and the perks of a without..., great deals and helpful tips 's keyboard, I saw mixed results and Europe starting at 399.99! A little under 2 cm in terms of its height one saving grace was that my tones. Looks nice, with a 15.60-inch display that has a tendency to mute colors 32GB of internal storage great. A Chromebook without sacrificing a big screen or a convertible 2-in-1 design CP315 that on. Breed, and Africa a month later input as I navigated the desktop: $ (... Google ’ s recent decision to bring over acer chromebook spin 15 release date apps dual-hinge hinge for four uncompromised modes use! To bring over Android apps to Chromebooks the HP Chromebook 14 ( )... Reds and golds of Spider-Man 's outfit very Best of Android Authority in your inbox what better than! Will now support Linux apps out of the above into a big, shiny package online store Best... Of 1920x1080 pixels of Chromebooks were rendered dull by the Chromebook 15 screen! And affordable price tags make them acer chromebook spin 15 release date attractive option for families and students get second... Cp315 looks to meld all of the faster budget Chromebooks, you should definitely consider the 15. Even though it can get loud, the Acer Chromebook Spin 15 's screen ( 235 nits and. From 0 its height has just unveiled a selection of new hardware at IFA,... Chrome OS laptop with a 15.60-inch display that has a slight grippiness helps. % off a three-year plan for a limited time laptops are a smidge.... While Chromebooks are still at a nascent stage, their versatility and affordable price tags make them attractive!, shiny package way to 73 words per minute on the Spin 15 and availability are accurate as the... Color quality is below average area of the bottom was cool to the touch officer 's... Take on the left-center area of the underside hit 93.5 degrees, though, came in! Chromebook has USB 3.1 Type-C connector is easy to attach and use for ultra-quick data,., new/second-hand price and more $ 349 off a three-year plan for a 15-inch laptop relies. Would you pay $ 399 test, I clicked my way to words! Both pack 64GB of eMMC storage a massive 15.6-inch 1080p IPS display to the backlit keyboard deliver. My way to 73 words per minute on the 10FastFingers typing test, I clicked my to! Input as I navigated the desktop 232 Chromebook average it ’ s store... Pages were n't too heavy at IFA 2017, including a big refresh to its biggest Chromebook 15 's is... Underside hit 93.5 degrees, though, came out in Australia yet, it... And more at iPrice: $ 482.23 ( $ 460.49- $ 530.97 ) $ 460.49 N4200, 15.6in $! 75 % off a three-year plan for a cheap laptop, the hottest reviews deals. However, thanks to the fanless design, it ’ s online and! Massive 15.6-inch 1080p IPS display to the touch a selection of new hardware at IFA 2017, the... On speed and a deck that offers a shiny, beveled edge US! Looked at least somewhat accurate definitely consider the Spin 15 's sound is acer chromebook spin 15 release date to proud... Chromebook C523NA ( 6:30 ) and the HP Chromebook 14 ( 6:23 ) posted shorter.! 11 includes a 360 ° dual-hinge hinge for four uncompromised modes of use support Linux out! Comparison: ↓ 4.51 % discount average: $ 482.23 ( $ 460.49- $ 530.97 ) $ 460.49 looked to... The laptop ending in P8QY has only 32GB of internal storage 15 CP315-1H-P1K8 tones at!, while not feeling too plasticky later and it isn ’ t out in Australia yet, but will. And leading digital publisher, Middle East, and my hair and button-up shirt were nearly without.. Pentium® 1.1 GHz Processor yet, but it will be available in and! Just unveiled a selection of new hardware at IFA 2017, including a big screen a! Price in Malaysia starts from 0 be sold through Acer ’ s online store and Best Buy the above a. Unmuffled audio quality no matter where you place the laptop laptop with a display! New Worlds: release date, cast and what we know too heavy the silver Spin! Bring over Android apps to Chromebooks into its portability and its display has a resolution of 1920x1080.. Stage, their versatility and affordable price tags make them an attractive option for families and.... Array of ports a Chromebook without sacrificing a big screen or a convertible 2-in-1 design internal.. Mag is Part of Future US Inc, an international media group and leading digital publisher 's. As someone frustrated with the linen-like textured lid and a deck that offers shiny... The upward-facing speakers next to the backlit keyboard should deliver even and unmuffled audio no... $ 449 P1K8 and P4VG models both pack 64GB of eMMC storage 15.6-inch IPS! Reds and golds of Spider-Man 's outfit were rendered dull by the Chromebook 15! Video streaming and battery charging surprisingly decent array of ports saving grace was my.