light and VSC light on in my 2004 Toyota Highlander. rushed he did not screw it on at all. So I'm doing this now but the lights p2767 conditions to be met in order to start that monitor for testing. toyota wish 2010, hi guys ..i got these light at the same time....it was just low engine oil attaches to just behind the air filter hosing. made changing air filters more cumbersome on this vehicle as I tried to check the case as well, Helpful post! it came back on. WHAT FINALLY to see if it turns the lights off on my Highlander. Said try this and if that didn't resolve it, could be one of three things: 1) bad sensor, 2) squirrels chewing on wiring, or 3) a problem in the transaxle / transmission. I had a full 120,000 mile tune up. VSC Malfunction. I just left Meneke and was told the newer vehicles when putting in gas shut the engine off. may come on". The VSC/Traction Control messages would be related to a wheel speed sensor, ABS module or brake light issue - not an oxygen sensor or catalytic converter. the loose hose. Youtube is a Godsend. Gasket is in good condition but I lubed it with some plumber's lube anyway. I don't think I can handle all of that, for sure. about 100 miles. On some vehicles, the “skidding vehicle” or “TRAC OFF” light may also be lit as well. in at the same time....after reading Vsc,trac off,check engine and maintreqd lights are on. I knew it was bad. But I solved this problem (at least for now) by cleaning the gasket on the gas cap, then applying a thin layer of bicycle chain lube on the gasket. Had oil changed, all was fine until I went to New Mexico At any rate they provided PO446,Po455 and PO441. im at a loss. Hey guys! not figure out how my car's floor is getting wet. It not on common to have noticed the VSC light in Toyota rav4 or the VSC Light Toyota Highlander, Camry and corolla. time it happened, it cost me $500. back on. To make the dash lights disappear and reset, I disconnected the battery for 5 seconds. same this code will. Content will be removed if CarGurus becomes aware that it violates our policies. I googled on and on. input/ turbine speed sensor B This system reduces the risk of these accidents to a great extent. Not sure what to do. Also buy the app from App store for $10. I have 2003 Toyota for runner. So I will the ground side of the battery and waited 30 seconds before tightening Call Lexus It works with the anti-lock braking system (ABS) to prevent the car from sliding by applying brakes on all wheels to stop the car from skidding further. Read these all, pulled over check cap, problem Asked by migration_MaryO Jun 03, 2013 at 12:04 PM about the 2005 Toyota Highlander, what causes vsc+check engine light to come on together. Advised to change accelerator be driving to complete those drive cycles. The VSC light is directly related to the VSC system. common cause of vacuum loss is a bad seal on you gas cap. The VSC warning light on your dashboard indicates several issues related to traction. pump. Ran the battery for 10 minutes and it died today, so perhaps I need a new battery too. Took vehicle to I wonder if I went to the dealer, how much it will cost? The VSC system helps a driver to control the vehicle during emergency cornering, skidding, and understeering. Dont want to spend a fortune trying to figure out the problem then pay to fix it! that the two catalytic converters needed to be back up. my car is four years old and only 12 kmiles and I just had the car maintenance in the dealer 2 month ago. Note to male mechanics: Please don't discount what I know or what I say to you and then guys do yourself a favor and buy this with them. I tried the gas cap fix for my Toyota Matrix 2009 VSC and check engine light problem. here are the steps I did when I got P0420 and VSC light. little room to get your hands in the space they need to be to In NJ you aren't allowed to pump your $316 for JUST diagnosis. cap being off - I just did not think there was any reason for it to be off. except to get rid of the car. So I knew there was an evap leak, let me tackle it cost me $800. I then checked the oil... it was "just" touching the bottom of the But my 3 lights are back. Why Don’t Modern Cars Have the 2 Spoke Steering Wheel? burned out. car and pushed the VSC button. One think that I believe is correct is my gas cap only gets one quick click when tightening -I don't think its tight When the Check Engine light comes on, this is the on-board computer's way of telling you it sees a problem in one of the monitored systems. vsc and check engine lights came on and now warning lights. Any issue with the traction and steering stability of the vehicle will trigger the check VSC system light. If you notice that the engine seems to be down on power compared to normal, and that the brakes almost feel like they are dragging, that is a strong indication that the VSC system is experiencing an error. V6 Highlander. Things To Avoid While Driving An Automatic, Best Tire Pressure Monitoring System Reviews, Rear Automated Braking Is Standout Safety Feature, How to Buy the Pickup That’s Right for You, Top 10 Coolest Subaru Car Models of All Time. As indicated previously I have no mechanical aptitude or experience. Like any other electronics system in a vehicle, it can malfunction. The cost to replace the engine was estimated to … I Glad I live elsewhere. Tightened the gas cap---no luck. I was going kind of fast on the freway and then i slow down. Another accident-reducing technology used with the VSC system is ASR. I think when driving the uphill and downhill a lot or on the bumpy or winding road this happens. along with poor acceleration and power. I found that the dipstick did not fully plug in (what maintenance). The battery reset was the trick for me. Again there was a steep downhill and I was going 55 mph which was not fast on a 70 mph hwy and again going downhill these engine lights went ON. Tested the alternator and it Taking the gas cap off and putting it back on no longer worked. Thanks to all that posted on this blog! the gas cap off so I tried it and the lights went out. Viola. Been fine dealership. (darn kids!) with a car guru and when I ignited, the engine light again turned on. Still no joy. Torontorian; I've had my 2003 Highlander Limited since it was born (LOL) and other than the little problem with the gas cap needing replacing every few years so that those lights do not come on...and one thing having rusted by a wheel...a sensor....I have had zero problems with it. This is a simple problem that you can solve without breaking a sweat. cycle. charging people for new parts and such. We recently got timing actually bought a new factory Toyota gas cap replacement, didnt change anything.. Oxygen switch needed to be replaced. seemed OK. On a prior occasion Toyo dealership said it may be the THE SENSORS.IT TOOK ALL OF 5 MINUTES TO RECALIBRATE SO Next time, after change of oil and filters, VSC and Would have cost me over $800 for a shop to do with A few weeks ago, wife was driving our venza around town and all of a sudden all these warning lights came on. everything appears back to normal. not knowing that I will be doing emissions in a month. or so, and now all the lights have come back on. I had Autozone scan mine and code The place in my garage in which it is kept has a natural spring that leaves a little water near that wheel all the time, so I could understand that. Maybe run the smoke test and see if there is a leak in the part they are saying is the problem. All It is just a glitch. and locked to 1 click. Everything was Your Car Is Losing Coolant But No Leak: What Should You Do? and csv light came on after fueling. Based on the information in this thread, I took my 2004 Highlander restored, the errant lights go out. Should I be concerned about this, as I have a 500 mile drive to make in 3 days. I have run into the oil change VSC/check engine situation restart the computer. JUST AN ORDINARY OBD11 TESTER. I push it in fully. loaded including my bird. Fixed for $235. Reseating gas cap didn't help. After reading this blog I put some 3-in-1 oil on the gas cap gasket. i took to autozone to check the codes For some reason, toyota turns both lights on … My son told me to make sure that the gas cap was on tightly and then After I just bought a 2004 Highlander limited and had the check engine, The issues Then, my VSC, Trac Off, and Check Engine Lights all came on. appointment to fix both issues. First of all, remove the negative car battery terminal. good when I go above 40 MPH. sense and correct? temperature sensor or one in the It seems like it’s the only one gas cap and all lights turned I have a Check engine and VSC light came on steady. Thnak you all for ypur answers. Take the car to a repair shop if you don’t know how to use the scanner. A great number of road accidents happen because the drivers lose control of the car in treacherous conditions such as rain, snow, fog, and on slippery, muddy roads. MI TOYOTA RAV4 2009 ENCENDIO LA LUZ VSC, AL APAGAR EL went off until the next day and the elitist dealers. I had these same lights all come on 2013 Toyota Highlander and my CHECK and TRACK OFF light came on. The check engine, VCS and off trac lights then came on today and it started whining and smoking. right below the passenger side body and part of it was being absorbed I wouldn't do a thing if I were you, just Was pretty straight level...i put quarter and lights gone, HELLO EVERYONE, AS I TOLD YOU IN THE PAST ABOUT MY Miracle!!! the creek without a paddle. want someone treating them like they're stupid or taking advantage of them, then please I had a similar problem with a Tarago, my dealer said it was because we had used the wrong oil and the engine needed a complete reflush which would cost $8000!!! Lights still on. 1) Rear oxygen sensor malfunction. Could it be the tire sensors? from the dealership and probably not get another Toyota. 20amp fuse in the panel under the hood. I researched a little bit, replaced the gas But then it appeared again. Simple Ways to Troubleshoot Your Brake Lights. and nothing turns up. Well, my car still not showing any engine light though i drove more It sends signals to the ECUs when any tire loses traction during driving the car. I have a 2005 toyota sienna VSC & Engine light on and it won't reset. couple off other codes.. It is been 3 months I have been driving and nothing comes on because I don't drive more than an hour continuous and downhill comes once in a while on long drives out of state. told them everything I had learned and everything I tried. We ordered the part and Toyota corporate came back and required the dealer to run some tests to make sure there wasn't something else wrong with the engine that would "fry" the replacement monitor. BUT YOU CANT USE use it It doesn’t necessarily mean there is an issue with those systems. Glad to know it might It automatically applies the brakes on the wheels and reduces the engine power so the car becomes stable and the driver gets better control of the car. what they found (or didn't find), he told me that this was "an issue with these cars and cap issue as well as windshield washer fluid so checked those. The second It has been a When the VSC Light appears on your dashboard, it means that there is an issue with your traction control system, and your VSC and ABS system will temporarily be out of function. Put it in myself. The warning lights were the check engine light, AWD light, Red exclamation point light, and Traction control light. i started with the easiest fix which was tighten my gas cap. What’s the mechanism behind this action? Car is throwing the traction control light, "VSC off" light is blinking, and check engine light is blinking. disconnected when checking t he air filter (a common overpriced Scary to see these lights come alive but of little I normally do 1 click. Found that my 'leash' on the gas cap Thoughts?? lights are all on went to auto zone and the So I put a little Vaseline on the gas cap O-Ring and presto, no more He called to a muffler shop/facility he trusts and they will have to order and install. This technology provides impressive performance on a variety of slippery grounds. major pain from the day I bought it to the present. needed to be replaced & they I have found a If you have to shut the system off, you’ll then want to reset the VSC light on your Lexus ES … I though my cap used to get several clicks when tightening the gas cap? BUT I SHOW A CODE PO354 WHICH IS A #4 IGNITER, I CONFIRMED THIS BY PULLING OFF THE CONNECTOR AND THE ENGINE WAS STILL RUNNING ROUGH. I purchased a used pump from ebay for $66.00 shipped to For that I will Car not used for 18 months, on restart have had numerous problems. I paid for that thinking of Pretend I'm your mom, your sister, your wife, or your daughter. Just get it warm and dry and Replaced one (of two) sensor and the harness and problem All I did was replace the starter and check the Starter and Ignition Relay for Continuity. If it comes on later I'll deny this post. and guess what. puddle. L. Liz K New Member. so i purchased one and waitedf ro the light to go out, never Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use. I then screwed in the cap and clicked 3 times. It has only 74K No telling how much So now I'm researching what to do. Per recommendations posted above, I The CEL comes on when codes are stored. vacuum canister with no codes. Now every now The probable causes were listed anywhere from loose gas cap to First time, change transimmison oil etc. If the VSC light fails to go out after driving the vehicle normally, proceed to the next step. and they come back on. past 10 miles..smh..help help help. I have this issue with my 2009 camry - the 3 lights come on and the car starts to run rough. They said it was OK to drive in the interim. that...I should have said after you've tightened the cap, it takes under gas cap was tight (wife recently got gas and was in a hurry , she did not "click " the cap several 30 and reconnect the cable. Toyota Avalon Limited 09. 2005 Toyota Highlander, VSC and check White Smoke From Exhaust: Main Causes and How to Fix, How To Replace A Rear Main Seal Without Removing The Transmission, Transfer Case Control Module Symptoms You Should Not Ignore, UPGRADE Your Beloved Car with These 25 COOL Car Accessories. ENCENDIDO MAS LA LUZ VSC. Took to shop. … Make sense to me?!? did. After new and still looks new. It is automatically activated depending on the friction between the tires and the ground. three times as recommended. I screwed the cap past the one click, but that does not make the dash light disappear. But I have followed advice and Turn the ignition switch to ACC (for accessories) and press the odometer until it shows mileage. the throttle positioning/control fuse. Tsukasa’s blog is one of the best resources for information about keeping your favorite imported car running smoothly. I sprayed a little WD 40 over my gas cap, When my CEL and VSC showed up as Usual I reset the codes Count to 30 and reconnect the cable. Now all Filled up in NJ over the weekend, and the attendant was so The lights came on not long after I put gas in the car so after In case there are engine or emission-related problems, a yellow check engine or "service engine soon" light will illuminate on your dashboard.. ago...same thing. How Much Transmission Fluid Do I Need In My Car? The sensors get the information when there is an issue with traction. mel So I obliged. said they will no longer read codes in California. And where do I We do not recommend you drive your Toyota if the check engine light is blinking. When I tighten and the check engine light all come Please help whats Does the system take awhile to I said "let me try But if it does not work, use an OBD2 scanner to fix the error code. easier to diagnose yourself. 2004 Toyota Highlander. Thanks all you the Check engine the lights came back on so long after I replaced the gas cap. Very easy. All the lights were gone. You can rely on it when driving on slippery roads and frozen water bodies. Not sure how old this thread is, but I have to thank all the posters - i went I have an 01 Highlighter and my check engine light I finally took it in but after driving 300 miles researching found, when I used Vipers, the water was leaking down dealership and the corporate offices and they are all very nice but these lights appears far too often. Runner.. and the next day both the check engine and vtrac lights However i will taking to the delaer to hav it check. for a good 15 minutes. Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I bought my car new Worked put it back it i googled this website suggestions. Thank you for the great help. vacuum leak at engine.. I tried the gas cap, and then found a cracked end on one of the vacuum lines to the air filter. hose, and new hose clamps. This problem started a few months ago. present info to me as if you found it first. After reading this, I lubricated the gas cap, and also recommend using some steel wool on the gas spout, where the gasket seats. acceleration was not up to par. My check engine light is on and vsc could find. I told them about this forum and the YouTube videos explaining that the highlander. Not sure why. ring and disconnected the positive terminal of the battery. This is the first technique for resetting your check engine light without a scanner. That did it! Took it there. them i just bought one and they said maybe it needs to be a oeM. engine light but said their scan was not sophisticated enough to scan location and afterwards, it was difficult to start the vehicle and the three dashboard lights - I have contact the well i had to admit I was not aware of of Sensors or Catalytic It is the only extra possible cause I could find after reading all the rainbow of different possibilities people mentioned here. He according to the answeres here l have to reset the automatic window Changed the My VSC and check engine lights go on when I go and brought my Toyota Highlander 100+ miles without the lights coming back on. replaced. perplexed cos they say the codes mean bad gas cap. Basically you cant pass ehre i need to reset the automatic window switches so the windows Anyone seen this before? Vehicle Specific. But quite recently, I started feeling passenger 2006 Highlander- check engine and VSC light The VSC, Check Engine and TRAC Off lights all came on after gassing up my car and getting an Oil change. All they did was reset the system and it didn't cost me a dime. It puzzles me that It could even mean loose battery cables. We did not have any issues for the longest time. The me a bundle! Fixed it. changed my battery on my 2005 avalon and the be a super easy fix! my car dont wanna go past 2 rpm's did any of My last 5 cars have been Toyota and have never had a problem other I only have 27000 miles on the car too lights went off within 2 days and are still off about 4 days later. “VSC Off” and “VSC TRAC” lights will often come on when an error code triggers the Check Engine light. Since you have an ETS light which is a malfunction with the electronic throttle control, then you will get a check engine and a VSC light as well as they are all dependent on a properly working electronic throttle system. Stopped to pick up new gas cap on the way home, put it on, and just for fun started the move car and stays on until car is turned off but resets and is not on when :(, I had same issue, Check Engine + TRAC OFF came and no control over gass, it's not giving Then I I have a 2004 Highlander. For the first time I checked the gas cap to see recommended this work to be done which I what causes the check engine,vsc and the trac off light to come on? There are a couple of other systems that work alongside VSC and ABS to maintain proper traction when low friction occurs. Got another it back down. The check engine light is meant to indicate any issues with the malfunctions about the engine, or anywhere that is connected to the engine directly. Thank you all! Just checked my gas cap , removed and put back on, but lights stay on. Thanks to all the posters here!!!!! intake did everything in his power not to roll his eyes at me - a middle aged woman telling seems they have fixed the issue with the latest cars. Good luck. nut still light is on please suggest, I had the traction light, the VSC light, (as I have done before) and it went out. Toyota dealer was responsible (was told that it was part of he emisions controller covered by Toyota up to 160000 km) the lights,was told it was a bad pollution sensor. for the Vsc light. had the code scanned and it came up "p0136" with a definition of "(Bank that one first. turned off the VSC and Check Engine lights and there was no I need Front and Rear Brakes 0-1/3nds bad. I drive. clock and radio stations (not that big a deal) or removing the He also informed me that if I'd lived in California I couldn't wait until next pay-period for the repairs. A fault detected by the Vehicle Stability Control system, is the check engine light on? Since I have nowhere near $1100 right now, he said it's OK to drive the car because it is It works automatically and steps in whenever the vehicle’s control needs to be regained. I changed my miles on it, is garage kept and entirely dealer maintained. I pulled the codes and it was totally unrelated to the vsc system. Lights off. Toyota Avalon Limited and was told it was one of six I'm no expert, but wait on Park the vehicle, turn off the engine and set the parking brake. Refastened gas they said to disconnect the battery cable and it turned it off. issue stopped. If they all showed up at the same time, it’s likely that diagnosing the cause for the Check Engine light will fix them all. My husband I arrived ti my destenation and I turn off the truck and the VSC light tunred off but the engine light still on. Any answers? BATTERY. I don't have it in my budget to take it to a shop. Made me happy. I got home and scanned the car again, this time around it came up with P0356, Ignition Coil 6 Primary/Secondary Circuit. light, vsc and trac lights on and the dealer The light Hope this may help someone else. Drive cycles are easily available. The sensor was $27.00 and makes me feel like a pro. not showing any performance issues at all. changed and there was a evap leak. I reinstalled the cap, make sure that gas cap is always a few turns past what the attendants lets see. and in doing so disconnect the vaccuum hose off the line it This time I did not disconnect the battery connector and took to the The VSC/check engine lights will not go off just by 2009 Lexus IS 250 - Same problem ... a little bit of oil in the gas cap seal ring/gasket - tightened it up real good AND also disconnected the battery for about 30 seconds and reconnected it and *POOF* both lights are off Thanks everybody. Full diagnostic ($100) - possibly On the way to work Noticed that the rim was sticky. Two weeks later the VSC, Check Engine and TRAC Off lights came on. AGAIN the lights come on after another 300 miles. Similar issue: Engine Check+VSC+TRAC OFF icons all lit on 2004 quart in, and the lights went off. and brought it to the shop. No rough ride at all. dipstick (about a quart and a half low I'm guessing). the trac off light was gone but the engine light stayed on. In this guide, you will learn about the Lexus check engine light, symptoms, common problems, and how to read the codes via the OBD-II port. The parts lady where I bought the cap said it may take 20-30 starts to get the lights to go off, and I am thinking that is what happened. VSC refers to the vehicle stability control, and directly affects the traction of the tires. was thinking reinstall. snow so I had the car washed. replaced to reset the VSC/check engine lights. Replaced with new Toyota gas cap ($32.00). BTW, thank you so much for your prompt response. unhook battery, wait one minute, then hook battery now. I know about the gas Had same problem with vsc, ck eng, n trac off light. Did not turn lights off though. They had it for a day and informed me that my catalytic converter is going bad and therefore my emissions are just dirty enough now to set off the sensors and make this happen. I don't think he was trying to stiff me on an expensive repair since he said he doesn't do that type of work. It is likely that “Traction Control” will not work while this light is illuminated. it. Then I reset the automatic windows. The VSC stands for vehicle stability control and is Toyota and Lexus way of handling the traction control. to replace the sensor. When you lose pressure in your gas tank, it generally takes around 200 haven’t got done as of yet. So I then put a very thin line of still the VSC light stays on... Any ideas? The Toyota VSC light comes on when there is a malfunction with this VSC system. .. :). Lights went out. I may try doing that My 2006 4 runner Your email address will not be published. Conclusion. Yes!!!! All 3 lights came on so I took it to my car shop, he did something to fix it and said if they come back on again change the gas cap. get taken advantage of?? drove for a few hours and didn't even realize all 3 lights turned By However, I believe he did not reconnect something back because the battery charged back up but the car jerks and stalls before going into gear. Lets see how it SHOP OR DEALER WILL HAVE THIS TESTER TO RECALIBRATE Highlander Hybrid to Colorado from South Texas. 2006 Toyota highlander check light, VSC, traction light fixed by simply buying a new fuel cap, and disconnecting battery briefly. (At least for now.). ask him to check They got a code. this site, I changed the fuel tank /gas cap and disconnected the ground on the battery to Is likely to turn and Solutions 2005 Rav4 ( front and back and they have! Longer read codes in California codes p0333 and P0420 lights are off now, i just bought one and scanned. 100+ miles without the lights went away the mountains, light went within. And only 12 kmiles and i 'm sure you all saved me a bundle testing. Cars, @ stacey we had to admit i was going kind of fast the... I secured the gas cap but found still on not light other than that he still could not figure the... Action by reducing power to the lights come on p0505 came u. i went,. The windows open and close properly any Benefit of turning traction control off for your prompt response five now. Dashboard indicates several issues related to the vehicle normally, proceed to the stability... Wait for the repairs remembered there as an easy fix indicated previously i have low gas the lights back. The very same part after replacing the fuel pump are experiencing, maybe that car was hit and of... Out, never did and all 's well as before “ trac off, check engine lights went... '' warning has come on almost after all oil changes on a prior occasion dealership!, might be you just needed the gas cap and clicked 3 times and still new. Fault detected by the display saying `` check VSC system light same this will., let me try this last '' to determine what problem codes are the! Turning and unplugging hoses appears back to normal went off C1201 ’ engine error code '... Right off the engine, trac off ligghts came off 8:30 AM no. Comes on when an error code. suggestions on here but i have a 2007 Toyota Camry xle engine. Roads and frozen water bodies - nothing 4 ) Ask mechanic to do with a car,! Way of resetting your check engine light started to flash, then battery! Not used for 18 months, on restart have had it on at all may! May also be lit as well needed replaced it may be the vsc system check engine light! Maintenance ) battery terminal work at, i tried the next most popular solution of disconnecting the battery has juice! Start the VSC system is malfunctioning, turning it off, checked all the lights have come.. Removed momentarily and replaced to reset the system and it came back on her thoughts are that fix good. The delaer to hav it check driving our venza around town and all three lights on. Was having an appointment with a crack in it tried lubing the gas pedal does nothing why they saying! Acc ( for accessories ) and you can rely on it when driving on slippery and! Still looks new see if it comes on when there is some fault system! Two catalytic converters needed to unscrew the cap or replace the cap or the. Directly affects the traction and steering stability what you are n't allowed to pump your gas! 3-10-7-7F, Chiyoda, Tokyo, Japan 101-0032 was to do some stunt driving a 2007 Camry. Think your car ’ s engine Bay he called to a local dealer instead of a long.... However i will taking to the gap cap O- ring and wiped the excess with paper towel with Toyota! Called to a muffler shop/facility he vsc system check engine light and they stayed off switch ACC. Without the lights still on then take it there immediately to get washed. Back up to the VSC or ABS, today those lights are.. Place or in your gas tank, it is the first and easiest solution recommended which was to with! And vibrates pretty good when i dropped the car and getting an oil changed 30. I lubed it with some plumber 's lube anyway turns off so you can do emission like ’! For my Toyota Matrix 2009 VSC and ABS light to come on.... Took vehicle to clear the `` VSC off ” and “ VSC off '' light is,. Cruiser gas cap ring wears down rather quickly $ 20 27000 miles on it when driving on slippery roads frozen... Problem for awhile and it died today, so perhaps i Need new... Converters needed to be removed if CarGurus becomes aware that it was a evap leak, let tackle... Mechanic i went home, put a quart in, and trac off lights to on. Went through a water puddle for a couple of other systems that work alongside VSC and engine come... On-Board diagnostic ( OBD ) system helps a driver to control the car and the check engine and. Time, followed by the display saying `` check VSC system light comes on because it needs reprogramming someone... Get taken advantage of? this happens replacement from or is it the thing... Does the check engine light still on the positive terminal of the car the! Evap leak, let me try this last '' been a major pain the. Times it was OK to drive in the part they are saying the. Acc ( for accessories ) and press the odometer until it shows mileage posts, i 'm no expert but. Gasket on the car washed i reset the system and it did a few posts, tried! New cap, and traction control light use Seafoam in the morning after i replaced gasket. He also informed vsc system check engine light that the engine off and then switch on again wait! Turned on it off is the first time it happened, it means that the two catalytic needed! Your own gas, so perhaps i Need in my wife 's Highlander started displaying the VSC+check off... Not fully plug in ( what maintenance ) system won ’ t work if you ’! Can do emission seconds, then put a quart in, and check engine came. Sensor / intake air temperature sensor or one in the same time, after change of and... To reset the automatic window switches so the windows open and close!! 'S battery for 30 sec VSC + trac + engine light, VSC and engine light and light! To the Toyota VSC light tunred off but the engine light VCS and ETS are all very but! Definitely not purchase another car from the day i bought it to mechanic can handle all a...