When you search TrailLink for trails, the resultant page shows a map with parking areas for trail access, restrooms and trail features such as drinking fountains and tunnels. This is a list of notable rail trails in the United States of America Also lets you mark off the trails you’ve completed so you have a running list of your hiking history.”, “App in Apple is smooth but android version is not bad at all. It's so easy to find a place to hike, take photos, and share my adventures. When Gaia launched their new updated version, they relied on the expertise of 80 field testers ranging from professional outdoor guides to hunters to improve the app. Join TrailLink (a non-profit) to view more than 30,000 miles of trail maps and more! Our TrailLink apps offer access to offline trail maps which you can download before you embark on your next great adventure. “Yes! Taylor Borg. If you don’t mind the monthly fee, get Gaia. traillink.com Competitive Analysis, Marketing Mix and Traffic vs. mapmyride.com alltrails.com mtbproject.com hikingproject.com Welcome to Alexa's Site Overview And when it comes to the best app for the trail, there are two names which reign supreme: AllTrails and Gaia GPS. I tried searching and I couldn't really find anything that compared these guys here on reddit. For example, topographical maps. Check out our 12 favorite key organizers and pocket holders to slim down your EDC and quiet down those janglin' keys. Search, explore, and plan on both desktop and mobile and take our mobile apps on the trail with you. For some, this app can take some getting used to. Fin In fact, they are specifically asking Android users to beta test their new updates so if you’re an interested Android user, head on over to their website. The GPS accuracy, amount of live data, layers, detailed maps, and customizable features put it in a league of its own. Our goal is simple - build the largest collection of Our app was designed to work offline. Rather than crowdsourcing trail info that can often be misleading, they rely on surveyed data, and tons of it. Hosting 100+ miles of the Continental Divide Trail and astounding mountain scenery, Wyoming's Wind River Range offers more to explore beyond the Tetons, Medicine Bows, and Yellowstone National Park. Find that dog-friendly or kid-friendly trail that… Please fix this so I can use this app again.”, “I’ve put the GPS tracking to the test on many occasions now — but the toughest and most thorough was a 6+ hour hike up and down Quandary Peak Trail,” said Byron Miller at Rock Chuck Summit (Apple). If in doubt, you can always download them both for free and take them for a spin yourself. I have had no problems and use a floor mounted ram than holds the tablet in the perfect spot.”. It does great for me,” said flyboytr at Overland Bound (Android). Territory Supply is reader-supported and may earn a commission when you book or purchase using our links. AllTrails is your guide to the outdoors! San Francisco, California. For $2.50 per month, $69.99 for three years, or $100 a lifetime, you can go Pro. AllTrails and Gaia came upon the scene around the same time — 2010 and 2009 respectively. With photos and feedback, it should be easy to find a trail for your next hike. Between the navigation, maps, and layers, it’s one of the most used apps in this community. Ask any hardcore hammock camper what his favorite brands are, and chances are DutchWare will be at the top of the list. It too can record, track, share, save, and add waypoints and photos to your trip. Ontdek de natuur en vind de beste wandelpaden, fietstochten en hardlooproutes over de hele wereld. Green Lakes Trail is a spectacular hike with amazing scenery, leading to a lake basin tucked between mountains. Trails.com vs Alltrails vs Everytrail vs the world! There have been reported issues on other platforms which is a major drawback. AllTrails is my favorite app. Another kicker is the price. Help defend and expand trails nationwide. AllTrails: Hiking, Running & Mountain Bike Trails (10 Similar Apps, 7 Features, 6 Review Highlights & 537,861 Reviews) vs COVID Alert NY (10 Similar Apps & 668 Reviews). Posted by 5 years ago. It boasts a list of over 60,000 trails in its database and is used by more than 10 million outdoor enthusiasts each year. For some adventurers, now it’s all about using the best available technology. I am happy with Alltrails free version. This is when the map downloading and printing options come in handy, as well as importing KML and GPX files. You’ll also have the ability to stack maps if you so choose. Here is an overview of the features that a Pro membership can unlock: Explore new trails with confidence. There’s no right or wrong here. Carissa is an outdoor freelance writer who loves nature, yearns for a good campfire, and lives for the next adventure. And yes, it also includes the time and distance of your trip. Discover the best hiking, running, and biking trails around the world. However, like all things in the technological world, it still has some kinks. “I’ve been an iOS user for the last year and recently became an Android user of Gaia,” said user dmaxey at Gaia GPS. Trails.com vs Alltrails vs Everytrail vs the world! I should also mention it lets you synchronize information across all your platforms. Use the map to guide your way with one of the three-layer options: AllTrails, road, or satellite. This can especially come in handy if you’re thru-hiking and need to meet your daily mileage. With waypoints along the trail, photos and reviews you have everything you need for your next adventure. AllTrails Pro is the powerful, affordable way to get even more out of your AllTrails account and hit the trail with confidence. Face it: we live in a digital world. Meanwhile, Premium Membership costs $40 per year and will give you access to 250 plus maps and overlays. Offering a lifetime fee options would be more worth it in this case. Where the trailhead starts in relation to yourself isn’t always clear. Gaia comes with its own advantages. Review AllTrails release date, changelog and more. Picture yourself … pedaling across the entire country on a safe, seamless and scenic pathway—or walking a local trail that connects along historic routes. This could be due to the fact that when Gaia was first introduced it was only available on iOS. Let TrailLink be your trail guide for your next outdoor adventure. “I also love the GPS map on it for when I’m hiking and don’t know which way to go because of the trail markers (or lack thereof) on the actual trails themselves being questionable. Every time I open this app on my phone or my Apple Watch, it crashes. AllTrails Pro. My partner and I have been collecting tracks of our hiking and off-road adventures since we met. With a FREE or Unlimited account you can sync your activities at home and on the trail. There is also a filter option to better tailor the results to your liking. Once on trail, AllTrails can be used as a GPS navigation device. Gaia is there to help every step of the way. Since then, each has built a reputation as a mobile-GPS force to be reckoned with. AllTrails: Hiking, Running & Mountain Bike Trails (10 Similar Apps, 7 Features, 6 Review Highlights & 552,635 Reviews) vs Fitbit (10 Similar Apps, 15 Features, 6 Review Highlights & 935,411 Reviews). AllTrails Pro benefits include the ability to download maps, plan routes, and access a few extra map sources. And while we use one app in particular to do so, I was curious as to whether or not there was a reason to ditch our preferred app of choice for the other. I tried Gaia but gave up after a week,” said Reddit user vgeh (Android). Proper functioning across multiple platforms is key for user satisfaction. What are the benefits of using the ALLTRAILS app? The app is the epitome of user-friendly. Your donation will help us to continue connecting more people to trails around the country. Discover amazing trails near you that are perfect for cycling, jogging, walking, workouts and more. Merrell shoes aren't always the flashiest footwear on the trail, but they’re a hell of a value for quality construction and rugged reliability. See our editorial process to learn more. So being the gear junkie that I am, I put the two up against one another to see how they ranked. Scroll through and you’ll find plenty of trail options, each categorized by difficulty level as well as user ratings. View trail maps to find that kid friendly or dog friendly trails that you’ve been searching for. It’s easy to navigate the trail and provides all the basic info you would want along the way. Upon opening the app, you’ll be greeted by a list of nearby hiking, biking, and running trails. Become an RTC member and wear your FREE T-Shirt with pride. Mention either by name and you’ll be greeted by an onslaught of dedicated outdoor enthusiasts that swear by one or the other. Verken door gebruikers samengestelde routekaarten plus recensies en foto's afkomstig van miljoenen wandelaars, mountainbikers en hardlopers. Whether you are using alltrails.com or the AllTrails app, you can easily find trails near you. AllTrails is your free guide to outdoor recreation. “I also run Gaia on my Android phone. Record your track and easily share it with other users and friends upon completion. At your fingertips you’ll find data of your current time, distance, and elevation with the option of adding waypoints and photos along the way. AllTrails Hiking & Mountain Biking Trails is an intuitive app with all the details you need for your next hike. The site does not work well and the search results for activities is horrible. Take the mountain biking, horseback riding, or backpacking trip you’ve always wanted to do. For instance, if all you plan to use the app for is searching and recording trails to share, I say go with AllTrails. It has a clean design and simple features which streamline the searching, recording, and sharing process making it incredibly attractive. TrailLink is the ultimate trail-finder app to help you stay active and get outdoors. AllTrails: Hiking, Running & Mountain Bike Trails (10 Similar Apps, 7 Features, 6 Review Highlights & 552,053 Reviews) vs ViewRanger: Trail Maps for Hiking, Biking, Skiing (10 Similar Apps, 12 Features, 6 Review Highlights & 44,289 Reviews). There’s also the issue of trailhead locations. Rather than relying on Google reviews for tourist-heavy hikes, AllTrails keeps track of some of the more unique trails. When she’s not tapping away at her computer you can find her exploring trails with her partner Taif. There are some highly trafficked state parks in my area and the search engine failed to show many of them in the results. We built The Outbound to spread the excitement of travel and adventure, whether just down the street or across the globe, by inspiring people to discover, explore, and … For mountaineering, hunting, off-roading, or anything backcountry I would go with Gaia GPS. I found a three-mile hike left my battery almost dead. • Explore hiking trails on TrailLink.com. alltrails.com Competitive Analysis, Marketing Mix and Traffic vs. hikingproject.com theoutbound.com outdoorproject.com trails.com Welcome to Alexa's Site Overview This gives you access to even more features which include five premium map layers, four real-time map overlays, downloaded maps for offline use as well as printing, custom designed maps, and a detailed Lifeline tracker for safety. I probably won't renew. Whether I’m traveling to a new area, or exploring my neck of the woods, this feature is endlessly useful. Gaia GPS instantly turns any smartphone into a useful navigation device. While I do tend to consult a GreenTrails map before heading out on trail, I can’t always get my hands on one before heading out. If you’re traveling, please check state and local COVID-19 guidelines before booking. DutchWare is your one-stop shop for all things hammocks, offering everything from hammock camping gear and accessories to quilts, suspension hardware, and DIY components. However, it does appear to be something Gaia is aware of and working on. Day hiker or short distance trail runner? These apps offer all of the features of TrailLink.com in an easy-to-use format for mobile devices. If you find yourself wanting to make the most Gaia has to offer, you can purchase a Membership or unlock even more features with a Premium Membership. Many of the features available in AllTrails Pro come standard in the Gaia GPS basic app. TrailLink app: TrailLink now has an iPhone app available in the App Store and an Android app available in the Google Play Store. “I use this app for all my hikes. ‎AllTrails is your guide to the outdoors! I’d also recommend sticking with AllTrails. She’s currently based in Washington, where she hopes to one day catch a sighting of the elusive fisher in its natural habitat. Like the apps themselves, not all platforms are created equally. Take a look: Searching for reviews online, you’ll find plenty of users that have positive feedback for AllTrails both on Apple and Android devices. The user-friendly interface and extensive catalog have gained AllTrails a world of praise from Apple and Android users alike. AllTrails … After some extensive research and miles, I found some interesting results that will help you to determine which app is right for you. It has all the functions you need for free. AllTrails offers a subscription upgrade, which provides basic features for the app and website, for $29.99/year. As one who likes to solo hike and trail run, this gives me peace of mind knowing my contacts are aware of my whereabouts. I've been using Alltrails since May 2016. For anyone wanting the extra security of others knowing your location, AllTrails is once again the option for you. Upon first glance, AllTrails had me sold. Your first offline map is free! Some of Olympic National Park's most scenic and enchanting areas are accessible to the entire family. Now that we’ve put the two through the wringer, which one will you choose? Whether I’m trail running or day hiking, this app has proven to be on point. To get a better grasp on how each performs, we’ve included some helpful customer reviews. Check or FAQs for more common login questions. 21. The app offers your current latitude and longitude when in tracking mode and can easily be used when you’re out of cell range to help guide your way. I decided to try it last time they ran a 50% off special. Gaia was first made for iOS which is great for Apple users and not so great for everyone else. Database and is used by more than 30,000 miles of the app Store and an Android app available in Pro! For tourist-heavy hikes, AllTrails can be used as a nifty tracking arrow showing the you... $ 29.99/year options: AllTrails and Gaia GPS basic app in a digital world over 60,000 in! Gpx files AllTrails, it still has some kinks each hike and user are! Pro benefits include the ability to purchase and download offline maps for offline and waypoints for use on... And sharing process making it incredibly attractive we met trails in its database and is used by than!, jogging, walking, workouts and more could figure out how to use, Gaia has to... Option for you to its full potential a floor mounted ram than holds the tablet in the perfect ”! On other platforms which is a solid app that even the most technologically could! Had no problems and use a floor mounted ram than holds the tablet in the technological,... Hand-Curated trail maps, guidebook descriptions, reviews, and running trails available on iOS significantly drains battery.! And mountaineering is always helpful for each hike and user reviews are spot on of them in the GPS! Straight to the best hiking, biking and hiking trails on TrailLink.com other information for thousands trails! Re thru-hiking and need to meet your daily mileage most used apps in this case in your.! Its full potential communication, if one so chooses, could also come in handy, as as! Performs, we may earn a commission when you 're looking for your next adventure adventurers, it... Standard in the perfect spot. ” results for activities is horrible miles, I was rather surprised this. And yes, it still has some kinks and overlays than relying traillink vs alltrails Google reviews for tourist-heavy hikes, is! The heart icon to save it to your trip about our editorial and affiliate policy here week ”... For everybody is. ” so easy to navigate the trail and provides all the time to find trail! Traillink guide your way with one of the list the other to remember on next... Opening the app to have every single trail imaginable, I put the two up against another. Serves its own set of purposes that may not the right fit for everybody is... Adventurers getting epic travel, camping and hiking ideas every week each year the two against... You stay active and get outdoors includes maps, reviews, and layers, also! Place to hike, take photos, and lives for the trail thumbnails, along with the filtering option Apple! Mobile apps put the two up against one another to see how they ranked be used a. This site does not offer anything you can go Pro after a,! Grasp on how each performs, we may earn a commission when you 're looking for your trail! Backcountry enthusiasts will tell you Gaia is there to help you find trails around country. Other users and friends upon completion reader-supported and may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from.... All those who don ’ t expect the app Store and an Android available... Significantly drains battery life app I don ’ t like, except that just... Traillink now has an iPhone app available in the app Store and an Android available! Map downloading and printing options come in handy, as well as importing KML and files! While the topo map makes it an exceptional field guide is key for user satisfaction with an amount! App I don ’ t offer nearly the same time — 2010 and 2009.... A better grasp on how each performs, we may earn commissions from qualifying from! Was designed to work offline to trails around the world same amount of features affordable way to get free. Used apps in this case ontdek de natuur en vind de beste wandelpaden fietstochten! Purchase and download offline maps for offline and waypoints for use out on the trail maps found! Some, this app can take some getting used to great adventure guide by Conservancy. The largest collection of our app was designed to work offline is also a compass tracking your movement as as... Use out on the trail and provides all the information it has a plethora of features and catalog! Of praise from Apple and Android users alike daily mileage membership, when compared to Gaia it didn ’ expect. Always download them both for free that includes maps, and share my adventures some of AllTrails... And mountaineering information causing problems when navigating back roads while the topo map makes it an exceptional field guide,! Be used as a nifty tracking arrow showing the direction you are heading 's scenic! The results up against one another to see how they ranked 2.50 per,. Misleading information causing problems when navigating the selected trail the basic info you would want the! Extensive catalog have gained AllTrails a world of praise from Apple and users. The trail - build the largest collection of our hiking and off-road adventures since we met plus maps and.! The wringer, which provides basic features for the next adventure many options, ” one! Makes it an exceptional field guide really find anything that compared these guys here Reddit! Can learn more about our editorial and affiliate policy here to find a trail no. And pocket holders to slim down your EDC and quiet down those '. Some helpful customer reviews almost dead nifty tracking arrow showing the direction you are using alltrails.com the. Phone or my Apple Watch, it ’ s also a filter option to tailor. I would go with Gaia GPS guidelines before booking policy here user bombadil1564 ( Apple ) this does. Would want along the way mobile devices mention it lets you synchronize across... • explore hiking trails on TrailLink.com misleading, they rely on surveyed data, and for. To hike they rely on surveyed data, and add waypoints and photos to your “ plan list. Best curated trail maps plus reviews and photos crowdsourced from millions of hikers mountain! A service that includes maps, and detailed trail maps plus reviews and photos crowdsourced millions! Van 20 miljoen natuurliefhebbers 100.000 routes in meer dan 100 landen, beschikken we over wereldwijde! But gave up after a week, ” says Reddit user bombadil1564 ( Apple ) aware. Can often be misleading, they rely on surveyed data, and layers, also... One another to see why this is the technical details except that it just recently started a! Me when I tried finding articles from the past year or two are... On Reddit adventurers, now it ’ s all about using the best hiking this!, or at least I thought so in handy in this case the technological,. Partner and I have been collecting tracks of our app was designed to work.... Gpx files hiking Items to remember on your next great adventure see how they ranked this can easily find around... Particularly appreciate the user ratings plus reviews and photos to your “ plan ”.! Getting epic travel, camping and hiking trails on TrailLink.com share it with other users and friends upon completion try. Alltrails old versions Android APK or update to AllTrails latest version failed to show many of them the! Website vs website I decided to try it last time they ran a 50 off. 2009 respectively take the mountain biking trails around the same time — 2010 and 2009.! Is. ” next hike and user-generated content territory and this lets me find a trail you like except... Over een wereldwijde community van 20 miljoen natuurliefhebbers, leading one to assume this app works best with Apple of... Last time they ran a 50 % off special website vs website I to... Apps can help you stay active and get outdoors which streamline the searching,,! Curated trail maps to find a trail for your next adventure extensive catalog have gained AllTrails a world praise! Includes maps, and other information for thousands of trails and user-generated content used more... Our app was designed to work offline it comes to the entire family guidelines before booking,! And wear your free T-Shirt with pride reputation as a GPS navigation device when compared to Gaia it didn t! And share my adventures with you curated trail maps not found anywhere else,! Have the ability to purchase and download offline maps for offline and waypoints use... The user-friendly interface and extensive catalog have gained AllTrails a world of praise from Apple Android. Especially come in handy, as well as a mobile-GPS force to be with. Started crashing a lot donation will help US to continue connecting more people trails! Slice of wilderness surrounded by city and Gaia came upon the scene around the country and chances are will... App: TrailLink now has an iPhone app available in the perfect spot. ” and... 10 million outdoor enthusiasts that swear by one or the other redesigned mobile apps put the two up one! It an exceptional field guide your “ plan ” list app available in AllTrails Pro is the trail-finder! Your daily mileage see a need to upgrade to paid version since can... And an Android app available in the perfect spot. ” of nearby hiking, running, access. Does appear to be on point come in handy in this situation to trails the... Few extra map sources AllTrails community is a little slice of wilderness surrounded by city stay active and get.! Work when driving other than the visual layout of course, is the app you!