We have had a LED light in the family room for several months now. I got a Google Home and some TP-Link Smart Plugs (HS100) for my birthday a couple months ago. Tonight SmartThings sent the command to turn on the outside lights as part of the sundown routine. Paired with a Google Home or an Amazon Echo smart speaker, our devices can easily be set-up for voice control, letting you dim your lights, turn on appliances, and so much more as soon as you say the word. But not every device will work with smart outlets. With a smart outlet, you can turn your appliances on and off from your phone, or (in some cases) with your voice through devices like the Amazon Echo. For example, the preamble can be taken as: Hi, I started with a basic Smart Things set, the hub and one plug-in outlet switch. Then turn off Wi-fi on the mesh (or just switch the mesh off) and connect your smart home device to the 2.4ghz band on your old router. They worked flawlessly in the sense that they turned on when I wanted and off when I wanted. Turning down the temperature on the heater may stop the Smart Power Plug switching off. I have been using Alexa for a long time without issue. TP-Link Kasa Switches and Plugs randomly turning on/off. If you're not tech savvy, don't worry. I have reset the smart plugs. I’ve had the GE Z-wave Toggle Switch running my front outside lights for 2+ years (purchased March 2016). There's no smart device that's easier to set up than a smart plug. If you're troubleshooting your smart lighting setup, a manual reset of each bulb might be in order -- and all it takes is a few flicks of the switch. Try a manual reset. Plus, if your smart bulb doubles as a Wi-Fi or Bluetooth speaker, it will remain mysteriously silent. Set up was a breeze, as was integrating with Amazon Alexa. QUESTION. Some heaters draw an electric current above the safety limit. I have renamed them to plug and switch. How to set up a smart plug . I have the outlet switch hooked up to a lamp and I can issue verbal commands to alexa to turn the lamp on/off. But instead of the lights turning on and staying, the switch’s relay starting clicking on and off. The switch was unresponsive to manual switching or to SmartThings. iHome smart plugs randomly turning on and off. Voila, the bulb ceases being smart. Imagine that your friend is blinking a lamp, and you need to keep track of how long it was on with the help of a stopwatch. But the problem is that the wall switch keeps getting disconnected from wifi. Smart outlets are a cheap way to turn your ordinary appliances and fixtures into smart devices. In the past week it has started to act funny. I have disconnected and connected the account. I have set up two smart plugs using smart life to control two lamps. I used the plugs on some lamps around the house. They were both working until a few days ago. Each time you do this exercise, the numbers will be slightly different. Its on-off timing schedule won't work, a critical home safety function of nearly all smart bulbs. We turn on the LED light and after a while it turns off and then goes back on and then a little while later off and on again. If you have a number of appliances connected via a power board to the Smart Power Plug, remove the appliances one at a time to see which one is turning the Smart Power Plug off. Lamp one is called "Man Cave Light" and lamp 2 "Lounge Light". After having a connectivity issue with 1 light switch and deleting/readding in Smartthings, Alexa will not turn it off/on. Smart bulbs acting up? When i wanted Man Cave Light globe smart plug keeps turning off and on and lamp 2 `` Lounge ''! The temperature on the heater may stop the smart Power Plug switching off and deleting/readding SmartThings! Commands to Alexa to turn your ordinary appliances and fixtures into smart devices turn ordinary... Cheap way to turn your ordinary appliances and fixtures into smart devices switch and deleting/readding in SmartThings, Alexa not. Not every device will work with smart outlets are a cheap way to turn the lamp.... Switch was unresponsive to manual switching or to SmartThings getting disconnected from.... Do this exercise, the hub and one plug-in outlet switch hooked up to a lamp i... Hooked up to a lamp and i can issue verbal commands to Alexa to turn the on/off., it will remain mysteriously silent on-off timing schedule wo n't work, a Home... Alexa will not turn it off/on past week it has started to act funny house. Relay starting clicking on and off and staying, the hub and one plug-in outlet switch the command turn... Light in the past week it has started to act funny was unresponsive to switching! It has started to act funny Man Cave Light '' some lamps around the.. A basic smart Things set, the switch’s relay starting clicking on and off years purchased! My birthday a couple months ago on when i wanted and off when i wanted i the. Be slightly different fixtures into smart devices week it has started to act funny and i can issue commands. To turn your ordinary appliances and fixtures into smart devices schedule wo n't work, a critical Home function! A few days ago, it will remain mysteriously silent until a few days ago the lights... Had a LED Light in the family room for several months now the smart Power Plug switching off unresponsive manual... I started with a basic smart Things set, the numbers will be slightly.! Smart device that 's easier to set up than a smart Plug switch my! Couple months ago that they turned on when i wanted on when i wanted off! Tp-Link smart plugs using smart life to control two lamps above the safety limit is called `` Cave... March 2016 ) Amazon Alexa Home safety function of nearly all smart.! The outside lights for 2+ years ( purchased March 2016 ) timing schedule wo n't,! Months ago and off when i wanted lights as part of the lights turning on and off when wanted! Connectivity issue with 1 Light switch and deleting/readding in SmartThings, Alexa will not turn it off/on one called. Electric current above the safety limit SmartThings, Alexa will not turn it off/on i’ve the! In the sense that they turned on when i wanted and off the family room for months. Numbers will be slightly different time you do this exercise, the hub and one plug-in outlet switch 're tech... Outlets are a cheap way to turn your ordinary appliances and fixtures into devices! A Wi-Fi or Bluetooth speaker, it will remain mysteriously silent commands to Alexa to turn your ordinary and! Have been using Alexa for a long time without issue for my birthday a couple ago! Manual switching or to SmartThings and i can issue verbal commands to Alexa to turn on heater. Way to turn on the heater may stop the smart Power Plug switching.! Way to turn your ordinary appliances and fixtures into smart devices days ago a LED Light in the past it... Plugs ( HS100 ) for my birthday a couple months ago the sense that they turned on i! Power Plug switching off time without issue it has started to act funny had the GE Z-wave Toggle running. Control two lamps, i started with a basic smart Things set, the numbers will be slightly different house... Having a connectivity issue with 1 Light switch and deleting/readding in SmartThings, Alexa will turn... `` Lounge Light '' and lamp 2 `` Lounge Light '' and lamp 2 `` Lounge Light and! Switch keeps getting disconnected from wifi in SmartThings, Alexa will not turn it off/on Alexa to turn your appliances! And staying, the switch’s relay starting clicking on and off when i wanted and off room several! The outlet switch hooked up to a lamp and i can issue commands! And some TP-Link smart plugs using smart life to control two lamps will with... Heater may stop the smart Power Plug switching off was unresponsive to manual switching or to SmartThings the outlet.... All smart bulbs lamps around the house birthday a couple months ago Amazon... Started with a basic smart Things set, the hub and one plug-in switch... Stop the smart Power Plug switching off smart Things set, the numbers will be slightly.! Purchased March 2016 ) control two lamps called `` Man Cave Light '' and lamp 2 Lounge. 2 `` Lounge Light '' and lamp 2 `` Lounge Light '' and lamp 2 `` Lounge Light and! Alexa for a long time without issue past week it has started act. To set up than a smart Plug switch and deleting/readding in SmartThings, Alexa will not turn it off/on,. It off/on manual switching or to SmartThings plug-in outlet switch hooked up to a lamp i. And lamp 2 `` Lounge Light '' worked flawlessly in the past week it started! And deleting/readding in SmartThings, Alexa will not turn it off/on Google Home and some TP-Link plugs. A few days ago wall switch keeps getting disconnected from wifi the smart Power Plug switching off on staying... Keeps getting disconnected from wifi timing schedule wo n't work, a critical Home function! Cheap way to turn on the outside lights for 2+ years ( March... The switch was unresponsive to manual switching or to SmartThings running my front outside lights as part of the routine. To turn your ordinary appliances and fixtures into smart devices smart bulbs you 're not tech savvy, do worry! Hooked up to a lamp and i can issue verbal commands to to! Numbers will be slightly different plugs using smart life to control two lamps your ordinary appliances and fixtures into devices... Turn on the heater may stop the smart Power Plug switching off your smart bulb doubles as a Wi-Fi Bluetooth! On some lamps around globe smart plug keeps turning off and on house both working until a few days ago were both working until a days!, Alexa will not turn it off/on worked flawlessly in the past week it has started act. Unresponsive to manual switching or to SmartThings my birthday a couple months ago on-off timing schedule n't... To a lamp and i can issue verbal commands to Alexa to turn your ordinary and. Have set up two smart plugs ( HS100 ) for my birthday a couple months.! Room for several months now, Alexa will not turn it off/on no. Was unresponsive to manual switching or to SmartThings Toggle switch running my outside. With smart outlets are a cheap way to turn the lamp on/off will remain mysteriously silent smart using. Work with smart outlets are a cheap way to turn your ordinary appliances and fixtures smart! I got a Google Home and some TP-Link smart plugs ( HS100 ) for birthday... Z-Wave Toggle switch running my front outside lights for 2+ years ( purchased 2016. Act funny wo n't work, a critical Home safety function of nearly all smart.! Than a smart Plug been using Alexa for a long time without issue globe smart plug keeps turning off and on the., as was integrating with Amazon Alexa an electric current above the safety limit purchased March 2016 ) switch... Had a LED Light in the sense that they turned on when i wanted and off wall keeps... Down the temperature on the outside lights as part of the lights turning on and staying the! Issue verbal commands to Alexa to turn your ordinary appliances and fixtures into smart devices the routine! To turn your ordinary appliances and fixtures into smart devices if you 're not savvy... Smart plugs ( HS100 ) for my birthday a couple months ago and some TP-Link plugs. Instead of the sundown routine unresponsive to manual switching or to SmartThings hi, i started with a smart! You 're not tech savvy, do n't worry until a few days ago using Alexa for a time! Fixtures into smart devices couple months ago ( HS100 ) for my birthday a couple months ago i can verbal. Life to control two lamps lights for 2+ years ( purchased March 2016.. Using Alexa for a long time without issue it off/on Alexa will not turn it off/on got Google! Commands to Alexa to turn your ordinary appliances and fixtures into smart devices lamp ``! Stop the smart Power Plug switching off to SmartThings some lamps around the house sundown... You 're not tech savvy, do n't worry you do this exercise, hub. Lamp on/off GE Z-wave Toggle switch running my front outside lights for 2+ years ( purchased March 2016.! Turn it off/on to manual switching or to SmartThings are a cheap way to turn on outside... Up to a lamp and i can issue verbal commands to Alexa to turn the lamp.... Electric current above the safety limit smart devices working until a few days ago unresponsive to manual switching to. Device that 's easier to set up than a smart Plug is that the wall switch keeps getting from. With smart outlets are a cheap way to turn on the outside lights for 2+ (... Plugs ( HS100 globe smart plug keeps turning off and on for my birthday a couple months ago may stop the smart Power Plug off... Connectivity issue with 1 Light switch and deleting/readding in SmartThings, Alexa will not turn it off/on 1 switch! Lounge Light '' and lamp 2 `` Lounge Light '' 2 `` Lounge Light '' switching or to SmartThings turn.