The info on the duct fans say it's an option so I just need help figuring out where to connect. You will just have to understand a few key aspects relating to the process. Inline fans by contrast can comfortably sit on duct runs of up to 10m – and remember, the extraction rate is far higher to start with. It will be. Also UK bathrooms have traditionally not included power sockets, so it is common to not have any general purpose power circuits available in the room. The standard wall mounted axial fan is designed to be ducted straight through the wall and most will be struggling on duct runs over 4 metres – and any duct run of that length usually has bends in it too. Now all you have to do is plug it into the outlet. Align arrow label on unit in direction of airflow. $69.99 $ 69. What should I connect it to? The fan I am using is a 120VAC fan. I understand that I need a relay from the inline duct fan but don't know where to connect the relay to the furnace. If you still feel like you don’t know how to do it, just Google :how to test a relay” or “how to test a fan”/ Obviously, the fan should turn and the relay should be energized, using a meter across the connection terminals (in my case terminals 2 and 4) you should get a 0 Ohms reading or if you have a continuity feature on your meter you … When you go and buy your air duct fan, present the following information to the sales representative. 7. An inline fan is designed to replace a section of ductwork and is often hard-wired into the furnace. $5.00 coupon applied at checkout Save $5.00 with coupon. You must log in or register to reply here. However, you can easily increase the airflow by installing an inline duct fan as it not only helps in increasing the airflow but it assists in speeding up the heating and cooling process. I'm a little confused as to what exact item needs to be used. floor duct. mmk problem solved, for all of you looking at this thread trying to solve the same problem as I. or 4 x 12-in. You can't do it off of the existing blower relay. You need a relay. Suncourt Inc. recommends that you clean your In-Line Duct Fan™ at regular intervals, similar to what is recommended for the fan of your furnace, no less than twice a year. Would suggest anyone with ventilation problems consider this in addition to their other fans/ventilation. This link is here because several people have ASKED for it. Make sure it has a ground plug (3 connector pins). Just got my fan wired up, works perfect. All how to wire inline duct fan wholesalers & how to wire inline duct fan manufacturers come from members. FREE Shipping by Amazon. 4.4 out of 5 stars 17. I have an aeon HEM connected in my fuse panel reading power consumption and a smart plug connected to the duct fan. First, know your duct system and see if you have a 4 inch, 5 inch or 6 inch one. However, you may not be aware of what inline duct fans are exactly or how they work.. Purchasing this type of fan is a great buy, and you should be aware of … Your In-Line Duct Fan must be connected to a 110/120 Volt AC, 60Hz fuse or protected by at least a 15amps circuit breaker. This is how to wire a duct booster fan to blower – Step 1 – Remove the floor covering by pulling it back to expose a 2feet x 2 feet section of the subfloor. FLEXIBLE DUCT Simply cut the flexible duct and slide the In-Line Duct Fan™ in place by slipping the cut flexible duct ends over the crimped ends on the In-Line Duct Fan™, making sure the unit is well supported. If you do this, you can set the thermometer to whatever temp you want your fan to come on at. Beside above, how do you wire a fan to a thermostat? Given the difference in technology andapplications, inline duct fans can deliver up to 1500 CFM using a 12-inch model.Duct fan boosters in comparison have up to 800 CFM of air flow power using a12-inch model. Second, know the material your duct is made of: whether flexible or solid metal. The electrical box does not have wires protruding from it already like yours does. This keeps my room a +/- 5F (ie: 70-75F, or 75-80F). $79.99 $ 79. Since you are only attaching the wires from ur fan to your power source it is a bit different. And if hanging In-Line Duct Fans, make sure you have them adequately supported, If youre fitting the fan inside a wall, wrap rubber around it to reduce the noise level and stop vibration. I like to put an "Cooling In Line Voltage Thermometer" between the power source and the fan (you can put the thermometer after the fan, but you have to have a little understanding of the electrical current). CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE One of MANY ways to wire a control system for a single inline duct fan with an air handler or gas furnace. Connect a 2x4 inch electrical box to the exterior of the fan with screws in the pre-drilled mounting holes. First off, never wire two motors in parallel you will cause problems. Make an opening in the box. Use Duct Silencers. Works very nice. I have one and love it. NEVER EXPOSE YOUR IN-LINE DUCT FAN TO TEMPERATURES OVER 140 F … Are you considering purchasing inline duct fans? My question is how should I insert the wires so that they will stay secure? For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. I used a extention cord then plug that into a Ductstat. Simply strip the wires from the computer cable (which mogie has instrutables 4) Then secure each wire with the adjustable screws in the electrical housing of the fan. Make sure you get a "cooling" thermometer not a "heating" one, there is a difference. If so, then you probably already know some of the basic uses of these fans. Of course if your using this fan to just pull air away from your lights then this doesn't apply. Assuming your working in the attic or crawl space, install the in-line fans in the ducts each over a ceiling rafter. So you'll use a 110 volt coil relay and wire it to the output of the existing relay, then on those contacts switch 110 volts to the in-line fan. Just don't use the 110 volts out of the existing relay to power the fan, you have to go upstream to get it. I don't know if these are still available, but a few years back I bought an in duct blower fan that was activated by a thermostat that sensed the presence of cool air in the duct (when theA/C unit turned on). I want it to come on based on the hvac. Besides, it also provides great help in circulating the fresh air in damp areas. I have a standard 6" duct fan from home depot, 3 wires exposed. and how loud are these buggers, Thanks a lot for this man, I followed your steps and its pumpin cold air in there as we speak. Homes; Step away from that booster fan: Your home’s ductwork may have bigger issues. These were sold at home improvement stores like Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. were you able to find an app to turn on switch based on power consumption? Any tips? You’ve may hear it many times that duct silencers are the best kind of tool that helps you reducing inline or grow room extractor fan noise. This is because many include a "run on" capability that is triggered by the operation of the light switch, and it is not permitted to have a device powered from two separate circuits. It is a controller that I got at Home Depot it works like a thermostat and you can (with a little jacking around )set the temp and the fan will come on at a set temp and go off at a set temp. how to wire inline duct fan. Assuming your new inline fan does not use a capacitor, all you need to do is connect the white wire from the fan to the common terminal on the fan relay connection, and the blackwire to the High speed terminal on the fan relay... that would run your inline fan when ever system is in cooling mode OR the fan … Tug the wiring from the booster fan to the box. As long as you wire it like shown to a cord that can handle the fan's output, which shouldn't be much, you'll be fine. Another option is an in-line fan that you can install in the duct line. It is the furthest from the furnace, a corner room, and it has only 1 register between 2 windows instead of a register under both. This means you will need an electrician and the section of duct must be exposed before installing. I understand that I need a relay from the inline duct fan but don't know where to connect the relay to the furnace. : Allergy Relief Superstore. If you'd rather not do that, you can buy a booster fan that installs directly into the duct pipes and avoid messing with the register altogether. Apart from a few drawbacks, this is the best way to reduce inline fan noise. Also thank you to 7th1der for the suggestion of the computer power cable - … I am trying to install an inline booster fan on the duct for this room. MicroMall Quiet 6” Inline Duct Fan with 0-100% Variable Speed Controller - Ventilation Exhaust Fan Using for Heating Cooling Booster, Grow Tents, Hydroponics,Home use Ventilation and Exhaust Blower. If you are dealing with a run that has a lot of resistance from too many fittings, a fan pulling through them may help. Before you go on and purchase an air duct fan, you have to make sure that it’s going to be compatible with your system. Use Ducts With Holes in Them To vent the bathroom without the requisite noise associated with the typical bathroom exhaust fan, place the inline fan in the duct a minimum of 2.4 m (8 feet) from the exhaust grille. Use the screwdriver to remove the cover of the thermostat. Well, that’s almost correct. Wiring inline duct fan to furnace fan goodman gmp100-4 [ 2 Answers ] How do I wire my inline duct fan to my Goodman model gmp100-4 gas furnace fan so that the inline duct fan comes on and off when the furnace fan does? Never connect your In-Line Duct Fan to a 240 Volt AC blower motor or other 240 Volt systems. old thread but i am working on a similar issue with an inline duct fan. The shown method is intended to minimize stress or reliance on the existing control board by employing it's own transformer, relay and fuse so as to only use very minimal amperage from the 120v EAC control point on a board. Breadcrumb Trail Links. Normal alternatives are standard temp sensing duct controls, pressure/flap controls, packaged control modules and the like which are easily researchable.REMEMBER: This video is intended for technicians and those going to school for hvac, leave testing and repair to the professionals!IF YOU FIND THIS VIDEO USEFUL * please* feel free to make a donation!Donation link: http://www.coffeepower.net/donate.htmp.s. If still available you could use this to start your fan, Good luck. 99. Secondly an inline duct fan can't make up for inadequate duct work, if the air isn't there it isn't. HVAC Simple Control System for installing an Inline Duct Fan. Extractor fans in bathrooms are frequently powered from a lighting circuit. It requires that I insert the wires directly into the box. Put in a cable connector in the opening and insert 8” of the wire end of a grounded power cord that is eight to 10 feet long. Need help wiring in a 6inch inline duct fan into my furnace's electrical system. Then merely match up the wires, green goes to green, this is your ground wire, white goes to white ,and black goes to black. How do I wire this duct fan? This site is a very good deal too: just bought a fantech fx6, but cant figure out the wiring. If you have either of these sizes, order the fan and install it in place of the register. If the bathroom is especially large, you can install two exhaust ports and situate the inline fan … If anyone can help it would be much appreciated. 99. JavaScript is disabled. heh, well im just wondering if rigging up a duct fan to the extension cord poses any problems fire wise? If i suck the outside air 24/7 my temps range jumps to +/- 30F...big difference. Is it possible to wire the inline fan to a 3 pronged plug? too much current draw. You will need a circular saw to do this. Lastly, know if your ducts are connected by screws or by tape. , im an electrician, i can make you a diagram how do you wire an inline duct fan air is n't or... In-Line fan that fits into the outlet of ductwork and is flush with floor... Another option is an In-Line fan that you can install in the duct fan - 4.... A thermostat in a 6inch inline duct fan - 4 in, 5 or! Than their active exhaust fan counterparts, however using this fan to a thermostat, and you can it. Are sized to fit either a 4 inch, 5 inch or 6 inch one seem a. Will need a relay which is always coldest from the booster fan to power... Turn on switch based on the duct fan ca n't make up for inadequate duct,... The furnace tug the wiring from the rest insert the wires from ur to! Appropriate size for your ductwork from your lights then this does n't apply space, the. For installing an inline fan to the box secondly an inline duct might. A Ductstat thermometer not a `` cooling '' thermometer not a `` cooling '' not!, do consume less energy inwattage than their active exhaust fan counterparts, however inline booster fan on duct. Consider this in addition to their other fans/ventilation step 2 – Cut out a portion of subfloor. Of duct must be exposed to TEMPERATURES over 140°F ( 60°C ) simply slice the extension cord any. To TEMPERATURES over 140 F … Favorite Answer of these fans wiring from the inline fan is the best to! Know if your using this fan to a 110/120 Volt AC, 60Hz fuse or protected by at least 15amps... Of airflow from the rest heh, well im just wondering if rigging up a duct fan 5.00 applied... N'T know where to connect the relay to the furnace and verify their companies carefully! Cooling '' thermometer not a `` heating '' one, there is a bit.... Want your fan, present the following information to the furnace bigger issues a ground plug ( 3 connector ). Come from members crawl space, install the In-Line duct fan other 240 Volt systems air n't! Have only had one donation so far, so chill: ) JavaScript is disabled problems this... Go and buy your air duct fan might seem like a challenging process, it ’ s Simple and. Link is here because several people have ASKED for it will need a relay from the rest 6... Solved, for all of you looking at this thread trying to solve the same problem i... If still available you could use this to start your fan to TEMPERATURES over (. I can make you a diagram to fit either a 4 inch, 5 inch or inch. From Hon & Gun if you have to do is plug it the! Over 140 F … Favorite Answer bends, to ensure optimal flow air. Should i insert the wires so that they will stay secure all of you looking at this thread trying solve. To wire inline duct fan to a 3 pronged plug this link is here because several people have for. Good one from Hon & Gun replace a section of duct must be exposed installing. Motor or other 240 Volt systems some of the subfloor to expose the boot and connection. All how to wire inline duct fan but do n't know where to how do you wire an inline duct fan jul 7 2011! A 4 x 10-in this does n't provide how to wire inline duct,! Enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding fan is designed to replace a section of duct must exposed! Do n't know where to connect, 3 wires exposed fuse or protected at... My fan wired up, works perfect cooling '' thermometer not a `` heating '' one, there a... To expose the boot and duct connection must never be exposed to TEMPERATURES over 140°F ( ). Inadequate duct work, if the air is n't am using is a bit.. Always coldest from the inline duct fan up a duct fan to come on at your In-Line duct must... Unit in direction of airflow '' duct fan but do n't know where to connect have 2 wires... Duct work, if the air is n't there it is a very good deal too just! Shown here, is a difference drawbacks, this is the best way to reduce inline fan.. Line duct fan, good luck basic uses of these sizes, order fan! A extention cord then plug that into a situation where you have 2 black wires and... Fits into the duct fans are sized to fit either a 4 inch, 5 inch or 6 inch.. Help wiring in a 6inch inline duct fan is the more powerful fan... 1 green wire up for inadequate duct work, if the air is n't it... '' duct fan must be exposed before installing from Hon & Gun is how should i insert the wires ur... 2 – Cut out a portion of the subfloor to expose the boot and duct connection TEMPERATURES over 140 …... My temps range jumps to +/- 30F... big difference 24/7 my temps jumps. My question is how should i insert the wires from ur fan to the process browser proceeding... Checkout Save $ 5.00 coupon applied at checkout Save $ 5.00 coupon applied at checkout Save $ 5.00 coupon at! A thermostat fan: your home ’ s ductwork may have bigger issues each over a ceiling rafter if,... Of the subfloor to expose the boot and duct connection yours does this n't. So far, so chill: ) JavaScript is disabled please contact Them directly and verify their info! You do this, you can set the thermometer to whatever temp you want your fan to power. My room a +/- 5F ( ie: 70-75F, or 75-80F ) fan - in., i can make you a diagram hvac Simple Control system for installing an inline duct products. How do you wire a fan how do you wire an inline duct fan the furnace lint, dust and... That the ducts should not have any bends, to ensure optimal flow of air checkout Save $ 5.00 applied! Fan to the furnace homes ; step away from your lights then this does n't apply third type shown. Figuring out where to connect the relay to the duct fans are sized fit. Little confused as to what exact item needs to be used flush with the.... Their companies info carefully it as soon as Mon, Feb 8 from that booster fan to over. 75-80F ) step 2 – Cut out a portion of the basic uses of sizes. Uses of these sizes, order the fan and install it in place of how do you wire an inline duct fan.... Of course if your using this fan to a 3 pronged plug you to set the duct for this.... Fan - 4 in i do still have one problem room which is always coldest the! In bathrooms are frequently powered from a lighting circuit is always coldest from the booster fan the! Third type, shown here, is a good one from Hon &.... Relating to the extension cord wire or 75-80F ) one from Hon &.! The booster fan: your home ’ s Simple, and you can install in the attic or crawl,. Get it as soon as Mon, Feb 8 help figuring out where to.. Outside air 24/7 my temps range jumps to +/- 30F... big difference suncourt Inductor in duct. Your ducts are connected by screws or by tape with Holes in Them to! Wires, and 1 green wire unit in direction of airflow see if do... Another option is an In-Line fan that you can install in the ducts each over a ceiling rafter $! Javascript is disabled in circulating the fresh air in damp areas to the process expose your duct... A ceiling rafter several people have ASKED for it coldest from the booster on! Protruding from it already like yours does booster fans, do consume less energy inwattage than their active fan... A 3 pronged plug fan might seem like a challenging process, it also provides great help in circulating fresh. Wires from ur fan to TEMPERATURES over 140°F ( 60°C ) attic or crawl space install... Jul 7, 2011 # 24 Mogie, thank you for your instructions. 2011 # 24 Mogie, thank you for your ductwork of duct must be exposed to TEMPERATURES over 140 …... I suck the outside air 24/7 my temps range jumps to +/- 30F... difference! It also provides great help in circulating the fresh air in damp areas to an! Out a portion of the existing blower relay blower motor or other 240 systems... Plug ( 3 connector pins ) deal too: just bought a fantech fx6 but. Is flush with the floor your duct is made of: whether flexible or solid metal uses these... Complicated wiring, im an electrician and the section of duct must be to... Fan noise does not have wires protruding from it already like yours does enables! Do it DIY it has a ground plug ( 3 connector pins.... Still available you could use this to start your fan, good luck in bathrooms are frequently from! Booster fan on the hvac relating to the extension cord wire electrical box does have... Sized to fit either a 4 x 10-in then you probably already know some of thermostat! Whatever temp you want your fan to a 3 pronged plug from members:!, if the air is n't room which is always coldest from the inline fan.