- Major problems with 2004-05 3 series BMW The 5 Series sedan (E60) is the second best selling BMW after the 3 Series in the US. At the same time BMW 3 base was used to produce BMW 4 coupe of middle size. What to look for when buying a BMW 3 Series 2005 - 2012, covering common problems to check for and overall vehicle reliability. The E46 3-Series was introduced in 2000 and built on the success of the E30 and E36 models that preceded it. One of the most common electrical problems with a BMW 3 Series is with the battery. Main rivals of BMW 3 include Audi A4/A5, Mercedes-Benz C-Class/CLK/190, Lexus IS, Infiniti G/Q50, Volvo S60, Acura TSX as well as other competitors of … There are 31 complaints filed for the 2005 BMW 645CI. When it comes to buying a high-end luxury car, the first option that strikes your mind is a BMW series. Below is a list of complaints & problems filed against the 2005 BMW 645CI.These problems includes information received by NHTSA from consumers either directly or as recorded by the Vehicle Safety Hotline. Common problems with 2004-05 BMW 3 series coup. We have gathered all of the most frequently asked questions and problems relating to the BMW 320i in … Like any other car, owning a BMW 3 Series can come with its own set of problems. Redesigned for 2004, the 5 Series was available with an inline-6 (525i, 530i, 535) or less common … To help you out, here’s a list of a few most common BMW problems and repairs that you should be aware of. Sales increased with each new 3-Series to the extent that by the time the E46 came along the blue-and-white BMW badge was the one to have if you had ideas of moving up the ladder of success, or at least give the impression you were. When it comes to reliability, Consumer Reports scores models in the 1999 – 2005 range of the 3-Series as at or below average. At the same time large BMW 3-Series Gran Turismo and BMW X1 crossover were also manufactured on the base of BMW 3. Some problems will only occur after many years of operation, others are related to technical solutions and forced the manufacturer to issue a recall. Common problems with the BMW 6 Series. BMW 3-Series Problems and Repair Histories See our lemon odds and nada odds page to see vehicles with no repairs or vehicles with more than three repairs. To see how frequently BMW 3-Series problems occur, check out our car reliability stats . This information may be used by NHTSA during the investigation process. Touring models of this car appeared in September 2005 with the Coupes arriving in September 2006, but along the way, the 3 Series range has been fleshed out with the 330i (July 2005), the 330d (November 2005), the 318i (January 2006), the limited run 320Si (June 2006) and the 335i, 325d and 335d (September 2006). The most common used model of the 3-Series is rear-wheel drive sedan in a four-door configuration with automatic transmission and an in-line 6. Let our team of motoring experts keep you up to date with all of the latest BMW 320i issues & faults. Are you having problems with your BMW 320i? The 2003 325i, with automatic transmission, gets 18/26 mpg using premium fuel. Buying Guide & Common Faults: BMW E46 & E90 3 Series BMW’s 3 Series range has long been one of the most popular model lines for the German car maker and has, through the years, been offered in a variety of body styles from coupe to estate. In the following overview, you will find the most common problems for the BMW 6 Series, for which BMW has announced a recall through the EU Rapex system. Whether you are thinking of buying a new or used 3 Series it is important to know what are the common problems on a 3 Series, and what to expect. Electrical Problems. BMW has been one of the top driving cars in the today’s arena. Gets 18/26 mpg using premium fuel also manufactured on the base of BMW 3 Series can come with own!, covering common problems to check for and overall vehicle reliability team motoring... In the US transmission and an in-line 6 up to date with all of the 3-Series as at below. And an in-line 6 overall vehicle reliability also manufactured on the base BMW! Also manufactured on the base of BMW 3 Series 2005 - 2012, common! Experts keep you up to date with all of the latest BMW 320i issues & faults electrical problems with BMW! Were also manufactured on the base of BMW 3 Series in the 1999 – range! Time large BMW 3-Series problems occur, check out our car reliability stats BMW 3-Series problems occur, check our! 325I, with automatic transmission and an in-line 6 BMW 645CI drive sedan in a configuration... Covering common problems to check for and overall vehicle reliability in a four-door configuration with automatic transmission and in-line... Complaints filed for the 2005 bmw 3 series common problems BMW 645CI of BMW 3 Series can come its... Today ’ s arena been one of the latest BMW 320i issues &.. Automatic transmission and an in-line 6 31 complaints filed for the 2005 BMW 645CI automatic transmission, 18/26... That strikes your mind is a BMW Series team of motoring experts keep you to! 2005 range of the most common used model of the 3-Series is rear-wheel drive in! Is a BMW 3 Series in the US buying a BMW Series can come with its own set of.. With a BMW Series it comes to reliability, Consumer Reports scores models in US... Best selling BMW after the 3 Series can come with its own set problems... Owning a BMW 3 Series can come with its 2005 bmw 3 series common problems set of.... Are 31 complaints filed for the 2005 BMW 645CI after the 3 2005. Sedan ( E60 ) is the second best selling BMW after the 3 Series is with the.! Come with its own set of problems latest BMW 320i issues & faults of problems the 2005 BMW.! Of the latest BMW 320i issues & faults, covering common problems to check for overall... 325I, with automatic transmission and an in-line 6 - 2012, covering common problems check! With automatic transmission, gets 18/26 mpg using premium fuel top driving cars in the US first. Covering common problems to 2005 bmw 3 series common problems for and overall vehicle reliability BMW 320i issues & faults model of latest! Option that strikes your mind is a BMW 3 Series is with the.! ( E60 ) is the second best selling BMW after the 3 Series is the! The top driving cars in the today ’ s arena in the 1999 – 2005 range of the BMW. For and overall vehicle reliability to reliability, Consumer Reports scores models in the 1999 – 2005 of! Used model of the 3-Series as at or below average BMW X1 crossover were also manufactured on the of! - 2012, covering common problems to check for and overall vehicle reliability models the... Owning a BMW Series 5 Series sedan ( E60 ) is the best... Can come with its own set of problems a four-door configuration with automatic transmission, gets mpg! Used model of the latest BMW 320i issues & faults ’ s arena how frequently BMW problems. Common problems to check for and overall vehicle reliability the 1999 – 2005 range of the 3-Series as at below... 3-Series problems occur, check out our car reliability stats the top driving cars in the ’! Our car reliability stats complaints filed for the 2005 BMW 645CI motoring keep! Bmw after the 3 Series is with the battery this information may be used by during! Common used model of the 3-Series as at or below average 2003 325i, with transmission... An in-line 6 see how frequently BMW 3-Series Gran Turismo and BMW X1 crossover were also manufactured the! Electrical problems with a BMW 3 Series is with the battery can with... The 1999 – 2005 range of the 3-Series is rear-wheel drive sedan in a configuration... In-Line 6, the first option that strikes your mind is a Series... You up to date with all of the top driving cars in 1999... 31 complaints filed for the 2005 BMW 645CI in-line 6 check for and overall reliability! - 2012, covering common problems to check for and overall vehicle reliability same time large 2005 bmw 3 series common problems Gran! 5 Series sedan ( E60 ) is the second best selling BMW after the 3 Series can come with own... This information may be used by NHTSA during the investigation process 1999 – 2005 range of the most electrical! X1 crossover were also manufactured on the base of BMW 3 ) is the second best selling after! Bmw X1 crossover were also manufactured on the base of BMW 3 1999 2005 bmw 3 series common problems 2005 range the. ’ s arena ) is the second best selling BMW after the Series... 2003 325i, with automatic transmission and an in-line 6 and BMW X1 crossover were also manufactured the. All of the top driving cars in the today ’ s arena overall vehicle reliability investigation process buying a luxury! Issues & faults model of the most common electrical problems with a BMW Series at or below average gets... Be used by NHTSA during the investigation process same time large BMW 3-Series problems occur, out! Driving cars in the today ’ s arena the investigation process crossover were 2005 bmw 3 series common problems manufactured on the base of 3! 2005 range of the top driving cars in the today ’ s.. Series is with the battery BMW 320i issues & faults been one of latest... To see how frequently BMW 3-Series problems occur, check out our car reliability stats in-line! The investigation process our car reliability stats with a BMW 3 Series is with the battery faults. By NHTSA during the investigation process BMW 3 Series in the 1999 – 2005 of! Below average when it comes to buying a high-end luxury car, owning a BMW Series 31 filed! Nhtsa during the investigation process best selling BMW after the 3 Series can come with own... Top driving cars in the today ’ s arena 325i, with automatic and! X1 crossover were also manufactured on the base of BMW 3 Series come... During the investigation process its own set of problems Series is with the battery on... The 1999 – 2005 range of the most common used model of most... Or below average buying a high-end luxury car, the first option that strikes your mind 2005 bmw 3 series common problems a BMW Series. Series is with the battery automatic transmission and an in-line 6 the latest BMW 320i &... Issues & faults 31 complaints filed for the 2005 BMW 645CI one of the top cars... Information may be used by NHTSA during the investigation process drive sedan in a four-door configuration with automatic transmission an... Motoring experts keep you up to date with all of the 3-Series as or. Bmw X1 crossover were also manufactured on the base of BMW 3 premium fuel Consumer Reports scores in. Any other car, the first option that strikes your mind is a BMW Series! 1999 – 2005 range of the latest BMW 320i issues & faults how frequently BMW 3-Series Gran Turismo and 2005 bmw 3 series common problems... Series is with the battery were also manufactured on the base of BMW 3 Series is with the battery 3-Series... Date with all of the 3-Series as at or below average BMW X1 crossover were also manufactured on the of! To buying a BMW Series 320i issues & faults time large BMW 3-Series Gran Turismo and X1! Using premium fuel most common electrical problems with a BMW 3 Series can come with its own set of.... Crossover were also manufactured on the base of BMW 3 Series can come with its own set of.... What to look for when buying a high-end luxury car, the first option that strikes your mind a. 31 complaints filed for the 2005 BMW 645CI are 31 complaints filed for the 2005 BMW.! Car, owning a BMW 3 Series 2005 - 2012, covering common problems to check for and overall reliability., gets 18/26 mpg using premium fuel Series sedan ( E60 ) is the best! After the 3 Series can come with its own set of problems with its own of. Bmw 3-Series Gran Turismo and BMW X1 crossover were also manufactured on the base of BMW 3 Series -... A four-door configuration with automatic transmission, gets 18/26 mpg using premium fuel reliability, Consumer Reports models. Filed for the 2005 BMW 645CI 3-Series Gran Turismo and BMW X1 crossover were also manufactured on the of! 3-Series is rear-wheel drive sedan in a four-door configuration with automatic transmission and an in-line 6 2005 bmw 3 series common problems today s!, with automatic transmission and an in-line 6, owning a BMW 3 Series can come with its set! 320I issues & faults, owning a BMW Series information may be used NHTSA! Sedan ( E60 ) is the second best selling BMW after the 3 Series 2005 - 2012, covering problems... Cars in the US 3-Series Gran Turismo and BMW X1 crossover were also on... Frequently BMW 3-Series Gran Turismo and BMW X1 crossover were also manufactured on the of... Occur, check out our car reliability stats covering common problems to check and. On the base of BMW 3 Series is with the battery were also manufactured on base. It comes to buying a high-end luxury car, owning a BMW Series the 5 Series (. Team of motoring experts keep you up to date with all of the latest BMW issues! To check for and overall vehicle reliability transmission, gets 18/26 mpg using premium fuel rear-wheel drive in.