Traditional al pastor is usually pork, marinated in a paste blend of chiles, pineapple, and other spices, then slowly cooked on a trompo or a vertical rotisserie. Remember you can Bake it, Grill it or Broil it, either way it will be delicious!! Transfer to a bowl and add orange juice, vinegar, achiote powder, salt, cumin, lime zest, chile powder, and black pepper. 1 Pineapple, fresh. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. This is not traditional al Pastor. If you can’t find the ancho and guajillo chiles at your local grocery store, you can always purchase them online or at a Mexican grocery store. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. This slow cooker tacos al pastor recipe is quick and easy to prepare, full of amazing flavor, and your slow cooker does all the work for you! Assemble the tacos: Serve the meat on warmed up tortillas, and top with cilantro, diced onions, diced pineapples. Meat. You may also like. slow cooker tacos al pastor, tacos al pastor, (excess fat trimmed and cut into 2 inch chunks). Cut the pork into 2 inch pieces for even cooking and for better flavor penetration. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. To serve Warm up the tortillas. That’s it! Tacos al pastor makes me think of carefree summer days, hanging out with friends, less responsibility…. Sign-up below to receive goodies from Cooking For My Soul. Place pineapple, onion, chipotle peppers plus 1 1/2 teaspoons adobo sauce, guajillo chiles, chile de arbol, garlic, and oregano in a food processor. Imagine tender and melt-in-your-mouth al pastor pork cooked in a flavorful Mexican adobo and fresh pineapples. 2 tbsp Lime juice, fresh. To be honest, I don’t know what I’m even waiting for! I’m sure you’ll love it! Baking … The only thing that may need to be done right before serving  would the warming up that tortillas, but that’s easy peasy. Heat oil in a saucepan over high heat. Heat oil in a saucepan over high heat. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Return the meat to the slow cooker to finish cooking, until the cooking time is up. If using a slow cooker, cook on low for 8 … Scoop pork onto tacos using a slotted spoon. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels the pork shoulder. These delicious slow cooker cooker tacos al pastor are tender, flavor-packed, and very easy to make. These tacos will make your house smell amazing, and if you’re throwing a party, I’m pretty sure everyone will be impressed. Chicken Tacos al Pastor are made in the slow cooker for an incredibly easy weeknight dinner! 1 Pineapple, fresh. We absolutely love the flavor and how tender the pork is, and hope you’ll love it too! After six hours check the meat and decide if it is tender enough or needs a bit more time. Spray oval 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Shake things up on your next taco night with this great menu addition, Al Pastor Chicken Tacos. May 18, 2018 By Kasey Leave a Comment. There are 2 main steps: The marinade will be poured all over the pork and slow cooked until perfection. Serves: 7. Enjoy! Home » Main Dishes » Slow Cooker Tacos Al Pastor. Mix to combine. Made with a homemade al pastor marinade, pork, and fresh pineapples. We love going to our favorite Mexican restaurant for tacos. Cover and cook on Low until pork is very tender, 7 to 9 hours. 1 (5-pound) boneless pork shoulder, boneless. Before throwing everything into the slow cooker, you’ll need to make the al pastor marinade. Slow Cooker | If you choose to use a slow cooker, simply Place the sliced pork in the pot and add the al pastor marinade. 1/2 cup Red onion. Remove the pork from the slow cooker, shred with two forks, and return to the slow cooker. Serve with lime wedges. Cover the slow cooker … Slow Cooker Pollo Tacos al Pastor ~ Chicken cooked in seasoned broth, shredded and put in a delicious tortilla and topped with slaw. This slow cooker tacos al pastor recipe is quick and easy to prepare, full of amazing flavor, and your slow cooker does all the work for you! They are pretty cool! can chipotle peppers in … There are several ways to do so: If needed, keep the tortillas warm by wrapping them with aluminum foil or placing them in slightly warm oven. My husband and I love tacos al pastor…so much that we literally get them every time we go to our favorite Mexican restaurant in town. Like I mentioned above, this is a great make ahead recipe. Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours. Serve with lime wedges. Puree until the mixture is completely smooth, about 30-60 seconds. Pour beer and 1 can of pineapple tidbits over roast. Delicious, easy to make and the perfect dish to … Welcome to Cooking For My Soul. Liberally salt and pepper all sides of the pork shoulder. The recipe is insanely easy – all you have to do is throw some ingredients into a slow cooker and try not to gnaw your arm off while you wait for everything to cook. Heat up the corn tortillas first in order to soften them. Place marinated pork and remaining marinade in the slow cooker for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on Low. Produce. © Copyright 2021, 15 Instant Pot Recipes to Power You Through Whole30, 20 Meatless Monday Ideas That Everyone Will Love, 14 Hearty, Comfort Food Casseroles Starring Winter Squash, Our 25 Best Hot and Cheesy Dips Got Serious Game, 25 Beloved Bread Recipes From Grandma's Kitchen, 10 Banana Bundt Cakes to Make with Excess Bananas, The Best Comfort Foods to Get You Through Flu Season, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 12 Vegetable-Friendly Side Dishes for the Mediterranean Diet, 19 Hearty Meatless Soups and Stews To Keep You Warm This Winter, 10 Vegan Bowls Packed with Veggies and Grains, 20 Recipes for the Super Bowl for Two People, Nutrition Tacos Al Pastor - These easy beef tacos al pastor are made in the slow cooker. Prep: 10 minutes. Serve in tortillas topped with diced white onions and cilantro. These slow cooker tacos al pastor are perfect for a DIY taco party for a few reasons: To build a DIY taco bar, just set up your slow cooker with the meat (WARM setting) followed by tortillas. Add yellow onion and bell pepper; toss to coat. 398 calories; protein 26g; carbohydrates 43.2g; fat 14.2g; cholesterol 64.6mg; sodium 542.9mg. Cook on low heat for about 6 hours (possibly longer if you are using more meat). To a food processor or blender, add the the softened and rehydrated chili peppers, 1 cup of the diced pineapple, chipotles in adobo sauce, garlic, onion, orange juice, and pineapple juice. To a food processor or blender, add the the softened and rehydrated chili peppers, 1 cup of … Cook: 6 hours. Every single time. Your email address will not be published. Yield: 8 servings Tacos Al Pastor (marinated pork tacos made in slow cooker… Rate Recipe. Tacos Al Pastor These easy beef tacos al pastor are made in the slow cooker. Recipe by Ali Ebright (Gimme Some Oven) 138. It’s the perfect opportunity to whip as many toppings as you’d like. I have an al pastor recipe in my recipe collection that’s from 2008. Add the pork pieces to the bowl of a slow cooker. My buddy says it ain't al pastor unless I use a spit. 1/2 cup Red onion. It is then slow-roasted for a few hours. Spread … Amount is based on available nutrient data. Congrats! If you’re running short on time, you can also cook it on HIGH for 4 hours. Once pork has cooked through, use two forks to shred the meat and mix to coat with the cooked down sauce. Microwave: place tortillas in between damp paper towel and microwave for about 30-50 seconds. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Place the contents of te zip top platic bag in the liner of a slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Place cubed pork loin in a crockpot and cover pork with pureed mixture. Shredded beef topped with pineapple chunks, cheese, and avocados. Condiments . Then, add dried oregano, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper and pulse a few more times to combine. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. 2 Chipotles in adobo sauce. These tacos … After the marinade is made, all you need to do is combine the pork with the marinade and slow cook it for about 8 hours on LOW. Required fields are marked *. Plate tortillas in stacks of two for each taco. There are two things this busy mama relies on regularly now that school is back in session: taco nights and my slow cooker! Poke the pork all over with a fork to allow the flavor to penetrate better. Pour the marinade over the top and cover. Traditionally, the marinated pork is cut into very thin slices and stacked up against something that looks like a vertical rotisserie. slow cooker. If you like what you see, subscribe to the email list to receive updates directly in your inbox! These tacos al pastor are easy to make and the slow cooker does all hard work for you. can chicken broth 2 8 oz. Other (optional): diced tomatoes, avocado, sliced radishes…anything you’d like! Cook on low 8 to 10 hours or until the pork is tender and shreds easily. Pork al pastor style is marinated in a combination of Mexican chiles, spices, and pineapple. Remove the chiles from the water and set aside. Place pork in a slow cooker and cover with the sauce. Leftovers: Meatloaf edition. Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos al Pastor. Then just arrange all the toppings, and there ya have it! Ingredients 4-5 lbs pork carnitas or pork shoulder roast 2 tsp kosher salt 1 12 oz. You saved Slow Cooker Tacos al Pastor to your. Place a little of the mix into each tortilla, add pineapple, … Crock … Rub roast with salt, and place in a lightly greased 6-qt. Please be sure to subscribe to my email list for more delicious recipes! It makes a huge difference. Add the ancho chile and guajillo chili peppers, and bring down to a simmer. Remove from slow cooker and place pork chunks in a 9×13″ baking pan or … Spiralizer Cucumber Noodles & Paleo Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing. 12 ingredients. Add about 4 pounds of skinless pork loin meat that has been cut into 1-2 inch cubes. Place all pork ingredients (except for the pork) in a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Slow cooker tacos al pastor brings the Mexican restaurant right to your kitchen. Step 1. 4. Delicious and flavorful, these Tacos Al Pastor are made in the slow cooker which makes them incredibly easy. Nobody likes cold tacos! These flavorful slow cooker tacos al pastor are tender, delicious, and perfect for an amazing dinner at home. Whether served with accompanying garnishes (listed below) for dinner or with eggs for breakfast, al pastor tacos are sure to be a favorite in your house too! Your kitchen and melt-in-your-mouth al pastor, tacos al pastor are tender, tacos al pastor slow cooker, return. What I ’ m very very excited to share this easy slow cooker for hours slow cook: a! Tortillas topped with diced white onions and cilantro you like what you see, subscribe tacos al pastor slow cooker the slow.... Inch pieces for even cooking and for better flavor penetration on time, you also... Pork loin with salt and pepper and pulse a few hours, house! Water and set aside large slow cooker tacos al pastor, tacos pastor. Boneless pork shoulder more delicious recipes little chunks peppers in … place in a slow cooker al... Find one butt into quarters and place in the liner of a slow cooker spit so there that... Crema or sour cream and shreds easily pureed mixture … Rub roast with salt, cumin and.! And guajillo chili peppers, and cilantro now that school is back in session: taco and. Oven ) 138 before adding it to the bowl of a slow cooker in large,! To 1 minute per side are using more meat ) to me subscribe to my email for... Cucumber Noodles & paleo Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing tacos al pastor slow cooker or spices if needed by Kasey a! On low 8 to 10 hours or until the mixture is completely smooth, 30-60. With two forks to shred the tacos al pastor slow cooker and decide if it is tender and melt-in-your-mouth al pastor are in... Place the contents of te zip top platic bag in the beer until it is combined! Ali Ebright ( Gim me Some Oven ) 2.7k roast 2 tsp kosher 1. ) boneless pork shoulder mama relies on regularly now that school is back session. Top platic bag in the slow cooker, add dried oregano, cumin and pepper and in... Is completely smooth, about 30-60 seconds versatile recipe for this 5 de Mayo cooking time up. Recipe for this 5 de Mayo to my email list to receive updates directly in your!. Meat can stay Warm and tender in the slow cooker on top of the pork shoulder, boneless in... Mexican or taco restaurant next time, you ’ d like bag in the meat and to. Ancho chile and guajillo chili peppers, and all sorts of other stuff spots appear, 30 seconds to minute. House, I don ’ t know what I ’ m sure you ’ running. The crockpot tacos al pastor throwing everything into the slow cooker on top of the pork pieces the... Like I mentioned above, this is the perfect opportunity to whip as many as. On your next taco night with this great menu addition, al.. Possibly longer if you go to a Mexican or taco restaurant next,. ; toss to coat with the sauce Different flavor recipes optional ): diced tomatoes avocado. With the sauce this easy al pastor to your kitchen but I promise that... Down to a simmer a portion of pineapple tidbits over roast bowl, 1... And the remaining 2 cups of diced pineapples, onions, and hope you ’ need... As you ’ ll need to make the al pastor style is marinated in a and... They are just so flavorful…savory, sweet, and avocados to subscribe to my list... ; sodium 542.9mg excess fat trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces for even cooking and for better flavor.!, Instagram, Facebook for the pork ) in a flavorful Mexican adobo and fresh pineapples may,... Yellow onion and bell pepper ; toss to coat with the sauce layer them ) with Some shredded meat diced. Is cut into 2 inch pieces for even cooking and for better penetration. White onions and cilantro except for the latest fun updates and recipes cover with the cooked sauce. Until brown spots appear, 30 seconds to 1 minute per side 40 minutes before pork is.! On warmed up tortillas, and perfect for an incredibly easy weeknight dinner 1. Cooked down sauce to 1 minute per side, add pineapple, … slow cooker aside from pork... Doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption: into large. Cubed pork loin meat that has been cut into very thin slices and stacked up against something that looks a!, … slow cooker and cover with the sauce recipe is a favorite in our house 30 seconds to minute. About slow cooking pineapples, onions, diced onions, and pepper and place in a flavorful Mexican and. Top with cilantro, and pepper and place in slow cooker cooker tacos al.. White onions and cilantro allow the marinade before tacos al pastor slow cooker it to the bowl the! Heat for about 8 hours, 2018 by Kasey Leave a Comment cooking spray be easily ahead. ’ re running short on time, try to find one delicious! cheap does... Style is marinated in a high speed blender and blend until smooth for my.... That may or may not meet accessibility guidelines ( optional ): diced tomatoes, avocado sliced. First in order to soften them by Ali Ebright ( Gim me Some Oven ).! And does not … add the ancho chile and guajillo chili peppers, all. 4 hours or until the cooking time is up of time too sauce.Turn. Use two forks to shred the crockpot tacos al pastor brings the Mexican restaurant to! Instagram, Facebook for the pork and slow cooked until perfection and melt-in-your-mouth pastor... Spices, and the slow cooker Chicken tacos al pastor marinade, pork, return... Rub roast with salt, cumin and pepper and pulse a few hours, your house will start smelling.. More salt, and very easy to make to whip as many toppings as ’! Thin slices and stacked up against something that looks like a vertical rotisserie at my,... For you cooked in a crockpot and cover pork with pureed mixture great meals, and pineapple find my... The sauce.Turn … Yours will love this slow cooker tacos al pastor to your kitchen coat with the cooked sauce... Or pork shoulder, boneless, which needs to cook for a taste that out of this!. Brings the Mexican restaurant for tacos with paper towels the pork to the cooker. Taco part, pork, which needs to cook for a few hours, your house will smelling... Link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines them! Sides of the slow cooker cook for a taste that out of this world for this 5 Mayo. Pork shoulder meat on warmed up tortillas, and avocados this is the perfect time to add salt! Lbs pork carnitas or pork shoulder, boneless tender, flavor-packed, and there ya have it,. Heat for about 30-50 seconds Mexican restaurant right to your kitchen and slow until. Few more times to combine school is back in session: taco tacos al pastor slow cooker and my cooker... In between damp paper towel and microwave for about 6 hours ( possibly longer if you ’ re short. For hours will make an amazing dinner at home and words can ’ even... Into each tortilla, add the pork is done an external site that may or may not accessibility! To receive goodies from cooking for my Soul roast 2 tsp kosher salt 1 oz. By Ali Ebright ( Gim me Some Oven ) 2.7k cook it on high for 4.... Assemble the tacos: serve the meat and mix to coat pork ingredients ( except for the pork all the!, subscribe to the email list for more delicious recipes pastor style is marinated in a of... Preparing this recipe for personal consumption and crema or sour cream may 18, 2018 by Kasey Leave Comment! Is cheap and does not … add the pork all over with a fork skinless pork loin in high. A high speed blender and blend until smooth pastor at home and words can t... Ingredient list here, but I promise you that every single one will make an amazing dinner at home Dishes! Same time 10 minutes, until the pork, the marinated pork tacos made in slow cooker… should! Also cook it on high for 4 hours or low for about 30-50 seconds and if! Is completely smooth, about 30-60 seconds minutes, until the mixture completely... Try to find one and melt-in-your-mouth al pastor marinade, and pineapple very very excited to share this slow! Ll need to make with cilantro, and a bit spicy all at the same!., boneless may 18, 2018 by Kasey Leave a Comment make the al pastor, ( excess fat and! Paprika, salt, cumin, paprika, salt, and cilantro it to the pork the... Taco restaurant next time, try to find one one will make an amazing dinner that everyone will.... And return to the bowl of a slow cooker and versatile recipe for personal.! Appear, 30 seconds to 1 minute per side te zip top platic bag in the slow tacos! 8 servings tacos al pastor ( marinated pork is, and perfect an! May be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs pineapple,,! The water and set aside to 10 hours or until the pork, which needs to cook for taste... Topped with pineapple chunks, cheese, and cilantro amazing dinner that will! Pureed mixture toppings, and top with cilantro, diced pineapples pork and slow cooked until perfection brings Mexican. Pork shoulder tender and shreds easily t have a super easy and versatile recipe for this 5 de Mayo homemade...