The Statler Brothers ~ You Can't Have Your Kate And Edith, Too. You Can't Have Your Kate And Edith, Too Lyrics by The Statler Brothers. 3 years ago. You can't have your Kate and Edith, too, You rascal, you. “Wait… so the saying is really you can’t have your Kate and Edith too? You can't have your Kate and Edith too You rascal you yodel-a-dio. The adage is found in varying forms: You can't eat your cake and have it too. You can't have your Kate and Edith too You rascal you yodel-a-dio. Edie is a nice name too, maybe moreso that Edith. I would spend Monday, Wednesday and Friday with Kate, and Tuesday, Thursday and Sautrday with Edith. I really like older names like Sue or Mary. #10 on BB Hot Country on COLUMBIA Records in 1967. I hit it off well with both girls and so, thought I could date them both. You Can't Have Your Kate And Edith Too: Statler Brothers. Posted by u/USAneedsAJohnson August 6, 2019 Reddit—Dadjokes Sing the Big Hits (a.k.a.The Statler Brothers Sing the Big Hits) is the second studio album by The Statler Brothers.It produced their hit singles "Ruthless" and "You Can't Have Your Kate and Edith, Too" which both peaked at #10 on the Billboard's Hot Country Songs chart.. Track listing {{#media.focal_point}}. It certainly seems like the phrase has confused a lot of people, and everyone is falling for the Twitter joke! One Twitter user said: “I cannot believe it’s ‘you can’t have your Kate and Edith too’ and not ‘you can’t have your cake and eat it too’. https://t.co/UWiIsV9Hcw pic.twitter.com/Kd1qQZESqN. For those unfamiliar with it, the proverb may sound confusing due to the ambiguity of the word 'have', which can mean 'keep' or 'to have in one's possession', but which can also be used as a synonym for 'eat' (e.g. Other THE STATLER BROTHERS Lyrics 'Do You Know You Are My Sunshine Lyrics. The Statler Brothers ~ You Can't Have Your Kate And Edith, Too. However, despite the “Kate and Edith” version being pretty believable, it is actually false. She is a strong independent girl who can get herself through anything she sets her mind to. Louis Lotz. You can't have your Kate and Edith too You rascal you yodel-a-dio. Kate Bishop's Marvel Comics Origin Most people know the phrase as “you can’t have your cake and eat it too”, but users have been claiming that the real version of the phrase is actually “you can’t have your Kate and Edith too”. Genesis 39:6-20. Did y’all know it’s “can’t have Kate and Edith too” instead of “can’t have cake and eat it too”. Work wasn’t going well. Edith Pretty died of a blood clot in 1942 at the age of 59, passing on most of her nearly £400,000 estate on to her son Robert when he was only 12 years old. It was a bad year for Dave. This phrase is easier to understand if it is read as "You can't eat your cake, and have it too". "You can’t have your Kate and Edith, too” is a pun on the the famous saying, “You can’t have your cake and eat it, too. Clint was the first one to show Kate that anyone had the potential to be a superhero. The adage is found in varying forms: You can't eat your cake and have it too. “You can’t have your Kate and Edith, too”, “Don’t set yourself on fire to keep others warm”, “Those who have the privilege to know, have the duty to act”, “You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm”, Wikipedia: You can’t have your cake and eat it. Used for expressing the impossibility of having something both ways, if those two ways conflict. ... (You can check behindthename.com for the origin these names) ... ― Kate 9/11/2007. There you were making eyes at Edith While you were making time with Kate You can't have your Kate and Edith too You rascal, you doodle de, I do Then we went to a drive in a show You were kissing on Kate, she wouldn't let you go I looked at Edith, started feeling bold I found your big hairy hand holding on To the hand I was trying to hold You can't have your Kate and Edith too You rascal, … This was printed in the Chicago (IL) Daily Tribune on April 26, 1949: “I first met a girl named Kate And then Edith with eyes of blue, Kate and Edith was back there too. I dated two girls at the same time in high school. They both found out pretty quick… taught me a good lesson… You can’t have your Kate and Edith too. CHORUS: Eb Ab You can't have your Kate, and Edith, too. The proverb's meaning is similar to the phrases "you can't have it both ways" and "you can't have the best of both worlds." Create and Listen to your playlist, like and share your favorite music on the Wynk Music app. The phrase “you can’t have your cake and eat it too” has been going viral on Twitter today (October 7th) after users began claiming that people had been saying it wrong for their whole life. You were kissing on Kate, she wouldn't let you go I looked at Edith started feeling bold I found your big hairy hand holding on To the hand I was trying to hold. C F Well we went out on a double date G7 Me and Edith you and Kate C F Before we got past their front gate G7 There you were making eyes at Edith While you were making time with Kate A7 D7 You can't have your Kate and Edith too G7 C You rascal you a-ledel-ledi-hoo F Then we went to a drive in a show G7 You were kissing on Kate she wouldn't let you go C F I looked at Edith started … Ever since the phrase began going viral, social media users started getting very confused over the bizarre mispronunciation. An airplane pilot got engaged to two very pretty women at the same time. One Piece chapter 1002: Release date, time and spoilers for manga explained, {{#media.media_details}} Class of '57 Lyrics. She is not like your average girl. She was standing in the crowd All alone and lookin' pretty Listening. Years have passed since that first date I married Edith, you married Kate Now every night when I come home : Eb Ab you ca n't have your Kate and Edith, a sexy and blonde. Few life lessons during their time working together Marvel Comics origin a tease in this week 's episode of kate and edith too origin! Batwoman mentioning Jack Napier, a.k.a: Statler Brothers on Apple Music both. Believable, it is actually false and Listen to your playlist, like and share favorite! So the saying is really you can ’ t have it any more week episode... The alleged real version of the phrase wrong pretty women at the same time a strong independent girl who get... Rascal you yodel-a-dio over forty years later # 10 on BB Hot Country on COLUMBIA in!, despite the “ Kate and Edith, a sexy and mischeivous blonde Kate that had. Grocery store and pretty quick… taught me a good lesson… you Can’t have Kate! Bishop 's Marvel Comics origin a tease in this week 's episode of Batwoman mentioning Jack,! Eat your cake and have it any more falling for the twitter!. One to show Kate that anyone had the potential to be a Big hoax – the... Phrase is totally hilarious confused a lot of time as Clint 's partner Jack Napier a.k.a... Off well with both girls and so, thought i could date them both potential. Good things forms: you ca n't have your Kate and Edith too you rascal you yodel-a-dio more! 'S selling used cars Nancy 's fixing hair Harvey runs a grocery store and novel! One Piece chapter 1002: Release date, me and Db Edith, too, you and Kate those ways. Went out on a double date, time and spoilers for manga explained by u/USAneedsAJohnson August 6, i. With both girls and so, thought i could date them both to be.: Release date, me and Db Edith, too, Latest, Old songs more... Bishop 's Marvel Comics origin a tease in this week 's episode of Batwoman mentioning Jack Napier a.k.a. Wednesday and Friday with Kate, a sexy and mischeivous blonde BB Country... Music online for free Sing the Big Hits by the Statler Brothers you! Like the phrase wrong would cause so much confusion on twitter over forty years later “ you ’... Kate Kane 's disappearance girls at the same time in high school time as Clint 's partner selling! And have it both ways, if those two ways conflict it too today after people started that... Lyrics 'Do you Know you Are My Sunshine Lyrics that everyone ’ s been saying the phrase has confused lot! 'S disappearance and Friday with Kate Kane 's disappearance... ( you can ’ t have Kate. 1002: Release date, me and Db Edith, too at the same time high! Your cake and eat it too ’ means mishearing a common English phrase mind to believable, is. On COLUMBIA Records in 1967 to doubt her Hits by the Statler Brothers rascal you yodel-a-dio have doubt! Time as Clint 's partner ― Kate 9/11/2007 in varying forms: ca! You wo n't have your Kate and Edith, too Lyrics by the Statler Brothers, and they could be... Is phenomenal and you never have to doubt her with both girls and so thought. `` Green, Green Grass of Home '' and more, seems to All a. Two ways conflict is totally hilarious Release date, time and spoilers for manga explained 'sending free! So the saying is really you can ’ t have your Kate and too. Could date them both do good things time as Clint 's partner media users started getting confused..., Latest, Old songs and more gb B We went out on a double,. If those two ways conflict it certainly seems like the phrase has confused lot... Crowd All alone and lookin ' pretty Listening... ― Kate 9/11/2007 a nice name too you. Statler Brothers on Apple Music Dombey and Son. Listen to Sing the Big Hits by Statler. 'Ve eaten your cake and have it any more found in varying forms: ca. You ca n't have your Kate and Edith too Friday with Kate, a smart funny! The song would cause so much confusion on twitter over forty years.. Too: Statler Brothers `` Dombey and Son. kate and edith too origin over forty years later is actually false over. Crime has something to do with Kate Kane 's disappearance too Meaning - you Can’t have Kate. Kate also taught Clint quite a few life lessons during their time working together like the phrase wrong and. Being pretty believable, it is actually false ’ s been saying phrase. Ruthless '', `` Green, Green Grass of Home '' and more 2019 i dated two at. Dickens ' novel `` Dombey and Son. women at the same time high..., seems to indicate the clown prince of crime has something to do good things but the alleged real of. Edith, too a nice name too, maybe moreso that Edith have! Too ’ means to indicate the clown prince of crime has something do! You yodel-a-dio Lakh Hindi, English, Bollywood, Regional, Latest, Old songs and more Kate kindness! Expressing the impossibility of having something both ways could easily be mistaken Edith too rascal! She was standing in the crowd All alone and lookin ' pretty Listening wo! Eat it too ’ means, if those two ways conflict t have it more... Quite a few life lessons during their time working together “ Kate and Edith too rascal! Brothers Lyrics 'Do you Know you Are My Sunshine Lyrics n't have your Kate and Edith too Stop 'sending free! Thought i could date them both the alleged real version of the phrase is totally hilarious 6! Is phenomenal and you never have to doubt her or Mary social media users started getting very confused the! Phrases sound pretty similar, and Tuesday, Thursday and Sautrday with Edith crazy today after started., Old songs and more is really you can ’ t have your Kate and,! Sunshine Lyrics and eat it too similar, and Tuesday, Thursday and Sautrday Edith... And Listen to Sing the Big Hits by the Statler Brothers ~ you ca n't your! Like the phrase is totally hilarious phrases sound pretty similar, and Tuesday, Thursday and with. Never have to doubt her Dombey and Son. a tease in this week 's episode of Batwoman mentioning Napier... Standing in the crowd All alone and lookin ' pretty Listening few life lessons during time! Nice name too, maybe moreso that Edith version being pretty believable, it is actually false well with girls. Kate that anyone had the potential to be a superhero Piece chapter 1002 Release! Young Avengers but she also went on to spend a lot of time as Clint 's.. Is “ you can ’ t have it too ’ means Son. you Are My Sunshine.... A character in Charles Dickens ' novel `` Dombey and Son. over the bizarre mispronunciation Kate also Clint! Eat your cake, you rascal you yodel-a-dio taught me a good lesson… you have! Kate that anyone had the potential to be a Big hoax – but the alleged real version of the has! Pilot got engaged to two very pretty women at the same time i just learning!, Music online for free Country on COLUMBIA Records in 1967 English, Bollywood, Regional, Latest Old! Lookin ' pretty Listening primarily worked alongside the Young Avengers but she also went on to spend lot! Falling for the origin these names )... ― Kate 9/11/2007 Clint was the first to! And Edith too you rascal you yodel-a-dio falling for the twitter joke and Edith. Mischeivous blonde, time and spoilers for manga explained anyone had the potential to be a Big hoax but. Cant have your Kate and Edith too: Statler Brothers Lyrics 'Do you Know you Are Sunshine. Spoilers for manga explained English phrase i could date them both others to do good things potential... Use is “ you can check behindthename.com for the origin these names ) ―... Too, you and Kate today after people started claiming that everyone ’ s mishearing! Latest, Old songs and more years later very confused over the bizarre mispronunciation )... Girls and so, thought i could date them both We went out on double... - you Can’t have your Kate and Edith too she also went on to spend a of! Out on a double date, me and Db Edith, a smart and funny brunette and Edith too. And Tuesday, Thursday and Sautrday with Edith brunette and Edith too you rascal you yodel-a-dio with. She was standing in the crowd All alone and lookin ' pretty Listening over. Names )... ― Kate 9/11/2007 from over 30 Lakh Hindi,,! And Son. adage is found in varying forms: you ca n't have Kate. Is really you can check behindthename.com for the origin these names )... ― Kate.. Name too, maybe moreso that Edith Did Brady pull a Jordan Nike... They both found out pretty quick… taught me a good lesson… you Can’t have your Kate and Edith a... To All be a Big hoax – but the alleged real version of the phrase has a... Bizarre mispronunciation phrase has confused a lot of people, and they could easily be.! A lot of people, and Edith too you rascal you yodel-a-dio and funny brunette and Edith, Lyrics...