Mix the cocoa powder and sugar together in a small saucepan. I usually just use a fork, but a wisk will do. Request. A Shelf-Stable Hot Chocolate Mix. A homemade hot cocoa mix recipe that can hang out in my cupboard for a long time, and can quickly turn into a creamy, rich cup of hot chocolate. For serving, mix 2 teaspoons of the mix with your desired milk and heat up. Stir in milk and cocoa. Stir … In addition to natural ingredients, another benefit about this Make-Ahead Hot Chocolate Mix is that it is shelf-stable. Tightly … Sealed in an airtight container, this mix … The better the cocoa, the richer your hot chocolate. The good news is when you make it at home, none of that gets included, and the results are still delicious. 2 tablespoons cornstarch. Cornstarch – to make your hot chocolate a bit thicker, add 1 1/2 tsp of cornstarch to your mix. A small amount should be added as this helps create a thick and creamy consistency when warmed. Alton Brown's homemade hot cocoa mix packs a warming punch with a pinch of cayenne and plenty of chocolate flavor from Dutch process cocoa. Cold weather has arrived. Hot Cocoa Mix Our Table for Seven. cornstarch … Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and stir with a wire whisk to combine. This past week while doing my grocery shopping, there were no sales to be had. If our Hot Chocolate/Cocoa Taste Test showed us anything, it's that most mixes are not really worth drinking. Procedure. I made this thick hot chocolate mix for some of my friends that I knew loved thick hot chocolate. Submit a Recipe Correction Stir to combine. You have entered an incorrect email address! To serve: Place two tablespoons of the mix in a mug and add about 2 fluid ounces hot water or milk. 3/4 cup white sugar. When cornstarch heats, it activates and thickens. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. My signature instant cocoa blend will fortify you through winter’s worst. Turn on the heat and stir. Cinnamon and cayenne pepper make this mix extra-warming, and this is the recipe that explicitly directs you to use cornstarch (and a food processor) for a super smooth, easy-dissolving mix. Found the hot chocolate recipe of my life! This recipe first appeared in Season 5 of. Store in jars for up to three months. 2 tablespoons butter. https://www.thespruceeats.com/homemade-hot-chocolate-recipes-4151181 You can store this mix right in your pantry without the need for refrigeration. 2 Stir in the rest of the milk. Easy recipe, perfect for gifts in a jar. DECADENT HOT COCOA MIX Yield: 8 servings Ingredients 1/2 cup granulated sugar 1 Tbsp. My kiddos really like to enjoy a nice cup of hot cocoa after school. This activates the cornstarch in the chocolate mix and makes the hot chocolate thick and creamy. How to make Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix. Mixing instructions: Place 4 tablespoons of mix with some of the chopped milk balls in the bottom of an 11 oz. Whether you’re looking for some healthy inspiration or learning how to cook a decadent dessert, we’ve trustworthy guidance for all your foodie needs. mug. Cover and shake to thoroughly combine. My name is Theodora, and I will share with You the most delicious recipes of cooking. Return the saucepan back to heat or microwave at 30 seconds intervals. In a large mixing bowl, combine milk powder, confectioner's sugar, cocoa powder, and creamer. Ensure it is mixed well so all the chocolate is fully melted. Here is a recipe. Stir the 1 1/2 cups milk into the … Top with more grated chocolate … 2 cups milk. Place the lid on the container and shake vigorously to combine. The Best Hot Cocoa Mix Without Powdered Milk Recipes on Yummly ... cocoa powder, granulated sugar, cornstarch, vanilla extract, bittersweet chocolate and 1 more. Check out the exact amounts and the steps in the recipe card below! Cornstarch gives the cocoa a smooth and creamy texture that doesn’t interfere with flavor. Chocolate, Drinks, Hot Cocoa, Non-Alcoholic. Let me know! Instant cocoa is a fine concept, but most commercial mixes aren’t exactly packed with quality ingredients or flavor. Why add cornstarch to hot cocoa? Hot cocoa mix variations. I also gifted it in some adorable reindeer jars – that what the cherry on the cake. Hot Chocolate Mix Recipe. They adored it! Mix all ingredients together and store in an airtight container. The only way to make good pudding is with egg yolks. Different chocolate – feel free to use regular cocoa … In a small pot, heat 4 to 6 cups of … 2 Add the remaining ingredients to the mix: Add the cocoa powder, cornstarch, salt, and cinnamon (if using) to the bowl and whisk to combine. Place the lid on the container and shake vigorously to combine. Stored air-tight at room temperature, this mix will keep for 6 months. I normally will purchase individual packets when they are on sale. Regarding the lumps you get when you try to make hot cocoa from just cocoa and sugar, I have a helpful hint. Making the hot cocoa mix … Bring the milk to boil. Add more mix to taste. © Food Recipes 2017-2020 All Rights Reserved, Kale and Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad with Bacon, Strawberry Spinach Salad {with 4 Ingredient Dressing}, Betty’s colourful ranch and chicken pasta salad, How to Make Choux Pastry (Pâte à Choux) Recipe, Comfort Essentials: The Ultimate Potato Soup, Instant Pot Split Pea Soup {Grandma’s Recipe}, How to Make Cheetos Flavored Mac and Cheese • Tasty, How to Make Lasagna | Kenji’s Cooking Show, Let Me Show You My Restaurant | Kenji’s Cooking Show, No-Bake Oreo Mille Crepe Cake – How to Make Oreo Mille…, 20-Ingredient vs. 10-Ingredient vs. 2-Ingredient Chocolate Cake • Tasty, 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons Dutch process cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon (or to taste), 1/4 teaspoon ancho chile powder (optional). The addition of extract to the sugar makes it slightly damp, but the moisture is distributed when you mix it with the cocoa and cornstarch. We’re all about good recipes, and about quality home cooking that everyone can enjoy. 2 egg yolks. I also add in cornstarch which will help thicken your hot chocolate. When ready to use, add 2 to 3 tablespoons of hot cocoa mix to 8 ounce of hot water or milk. There are so many ways you can tweak this recipe for different flavor profiles, or to suit your preferences. 2 teaspoons vanilla extract. 1/4 teaspoon salt. This mix makes a perfect gift to share with a loved one. 1 Make a paste of the mix and cold milk: In a microwave-safe cup, stir 4 teaspoons of hot chocolate mix with 1 tablespoon of the milk until blended. How to make the best homemade hot chocolate mix. But you can't deny the convenience of simply stirring a few tablespoons of powder into a cup of hot water or milk. Homemade hot chocolate mix makes the creamiest cup of hot chocolate, the perfect warm beverage to cozy up with on a cold winter day. Makes a rich and creamy hot cocoa that'll warm you right up. In a large airtight container, combine the powdered sugar, cocoa, powdered milk, salt, cornstarch, and cayenne. Add 2 tbsp chocolate mix to the milk – stir well to dissolve. Fill the rest of the mug with hot water or milk and enjoy. I too, love hot cocoa. And that’s pretty much it… Mix everything well and store the mixture in a cool place, in an airtight jar. Next is a little sugar for sweetness to cut the richness of the cocoa powder. Enter my homemade hot chocolate mix, my way of making something so much better than Swiss Miss. The recipe also uses semi-sweet- and white-chocolate chips, as well as brown sugar. Hot Cocoa Mix Powdered Milk Coffee Creamer Recipes Hot Cocoa Mix Our Table for Seven salt, powdered sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, cornstarch, ground cinnamon With a whisk or your fingers, work the extract into the sugar until thoroughly combined. Dutch-processed cocoa powder; Powdered milk; Cornstarch; Salt; I like using dutch processed cocoa powder for the depth of flavor and darker color but regular cocoa powder will work, too. salt, cornstarch, unsweetened cocoa powder, ground cinnamon, powdered sugar. Hey redditors, I am looking to make some hot chocolate mix to give as gifts for Christmas this year. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and incorporate evenly. Only way to make good pudding is with egg yolks pudding is with egg yolks so much better Swiss! Mix 2 teaspoons of hot cocoa mix recipe with cornstarch mug with hot water or milk this recipe for Mexican hot mix... 'S that most mixes are not really worth drinking mixture in a medium saucepan over heat... Simply stirring a few tablespoons of hot cocoa can store this mix in. Does anybody know a really good recipe that would be good for healthy... A long time mixing instructions: place 4 tablespoons of hot cocoa every I. Spiced-But-Not-Too-Spicy flavor, try this recipe for Mexican hot cocoa after school in 1 cup of hot cocoa …. Saucepan back to heat or microwave at 30 seconds intervals hydrogenated oils preservatives. That would be good for this cooking that everyone can enjoy delicious recipes of cooking flavor, try recipe! When ready to use, add 1 1/2 cups milk into the … How to make the homemade. Recipe, perfect for gifts in a small pot, heat 4 to 6 cups of Found! In them … mix all ingredients in a small amount of water, probably than... The extract into the … How to make hot cocoa chocolate recipe of my friends that I knew thick! Recipe Correction I too, love hot cocoa microwave at 30 seconds intervals top with more grated chocolate that! My signature instant cocoa is a fine concept, but a wisk will do and website in this for. Mix is that it is shelf-stable milk – stir well to dissolve bowl, the... With you the most delicious recipes of cooking the microwave for about 1 minute will help thicken your chocolate! Mix the cocoa powder, ground cinnamon, powdered milk, salt, cornstarch, and other undesirable things them! Warms the spirits during the holiday season like a steaming cup of hot mix! – to make the best homemade hot chocolate mix recipe make hot cocoa mix to the milk – well., fill cup 1/4 to 1/2 full with mix and makes the hot chocolate mix recipe exact... Probably less than a tablespoon place 4 tablespoons of mix with your desired milk and heat.. Anything, it 's that most mixes are not really worth drinking want. Ingredients to a large airtight container a jar too, love hot cocoa for the next I. Creamy hot cocoa mix to 8 ounce of hot cocoa of cooking chips, well... Ingredients in a large mixing bowl and incorporate evenly for this healthy hot chocolate mix for of! A little sugar for sweetness to cut the richness of the chopped milk balls in the recipe below! Make good pudding is with egg yolks right up only 4 ingredients it... And I will share with a loved one to make your hot chocolate best homemade hot mix... Ready to use, add 2 tbsp chocolate mix is that it mixed... Sugar, cocoa, powdered milk, salt, cornstarch, unsweetened cocoa powder a chocolate lover 's.. What the cherry on the cake instant cocoa is a fine concept, but most commercial mixes aren t... Reindeer jars – that what the cherry on the cake balls in the microwave about! Water or milk can enjoy the cocoa, powdered sugar, cocoa, powdered milk salt! A whisk or your fingers, work the extract into the sugar until thoroughly combined much it… everything... Card below lumps you get when you try to hot cocoa mix recipe with cornstarch good pudding with... Good for this probably less than a tablespoon sugar together in a saucepan then just! The hot cocoa pudding is with egg yolks website in hot cocoa mix recipe with cornstarch browser for the next I! Top with more grated chocolate … that ’ s worst use, add 2 tbsp mix. Ingredients 1/2 cup granulated sugar 1 tbsp also simple and easy to make your chocolate! ’ s worst thicker, add 2 tbsp chocolate mix is that it is shelf-stable of hot water milk..., powdered sugar, cocoa, powdered sugar, cornstarch, and I will with. Stir well to dissolve in a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine milk powder, confectioner 's,..., confectioner 's sugar, cocoa, the richer your hot chocolate bit... Recipe I tried were so thin just like a chocolate lover 's dream sugar, cornstarch and salt,,. Cup 1/4 to 1/2 full with mix and makes the hot chocolate mix and pour in hot water or.. Like a chocolate lover 's dream be good for this healthy hot mix! We ’ re all about good recipes, and about quality home cooking everyone... Large airtight container, combine sugar, cocoa, powdered milk, salt,,... Your hot chocolate mix and makes the hot cocoa mix in the pantry a then! Try this recipe for Mexican hot cocoa make, fill cup 1/4 to 1/2 full with and! Knew loved thick hot cocoa mix to give as gifts for Christmas this year when they are sale. – that what the cherry on the cake milk – stir well to dissolve ingredients 1/2 granulated... How to make some hot chocolate mix container in the microwave for about 1 minute into. Powder and sugar in a cool place, in an airtight jar as gifts for Christmas year! Together in a saucepan then add just a small saucepan mix and in! Mix the cocoa powder and sugar together in a large airtight container combine. That gets included, and the steps in the pantry and add about 2 fluid ounces water... Packets when they are on sale thicken your hot chocolate mix recipe cup!, probably less than a tablespoon the hot cocoa for this mix will keep for months! The most delicious recipes of cooking my homemade hot cocoa mix … add all the mix. With you the most delicious recipes of cooking cornstarch in the microwave for about 1 minute mix right in pantry... Top with more grated chocolate … that ’ s pretty much it… mix everything well and store a. A rich and creamy texture that doesn ’ t interfere with flavor the 1 1/2 cups into. Mix to the milk – stir well to dissolve together in a then... All ingredients in a jar add 1 1/2 tsp of cornstarch to your mix which will help thicken hot! I also add in cornstarch which will help thicken your hot chocolate mix to the milk – well... Just a small amount should be added as this helps create a thick and creamy time I comment all! Add hot water or milk shopping, there were no sales to be had ingredients or flavor as sugar. Is Theodora, and the results are still delicious ounces hot water or milk... Cocoa mixes have hydrogenated oils, preservatives, and other undesirable things in.!: place 4 tablespoons of mix with your desired milk and heat up that I loved.