As a proud alumna of UD, her commitment to her work was exceeded only by her boundless energy,” stated Andrea Boyle Tippett, a spokesperson for the University of Delaware. However, I believe what brought us together was the way she could make everyone feel like someone. 105 E. Main St. She was 33. Continue Newark, Delaware. She MADE THINGS HAPPEN. Sydney Morning Herald notices and Death Notices for Sydney New South Wales area . Jennair Gerardot, 47, of Wilmington, Delaware, shot and killed Meredith Chapman, 33, then turned the gun on herself in Chapman's Lowrys Lane home in … University of Delaware Newark, DE 19716 USA. Gerardot’s husband, Mark, a former UD creative services manager who had recently resigned his position, had planned to meet Chapman for dinner. Villanova official Meredith Chapman killed by lover's wife in murder-suicide, police say. During her time at the college, she was engaged with a few exercises and gatherings. Her family is devastated, heartbroken and requests privacy and respect as they grieve.”, “While her marriage to Luke had come to an end, it was gratifying to know that their separation and divorce was amicable, that they remained friends and confidants, and that each of them cared very much for the other.”. The life celebration will be held on Monday, May 14 from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Mitchell Hall on the University of Delaware campus in Newark. Always willing and eager to pick up the phone, meet for a quick cup of tea, or reply to a Tweet, I'll never understand how Meredith always made time for her students and how she managed to be as successful as she was. Meredith Chapman remembered as 'vibrant,' 'promising' Chapman's death stunned those who knew her best. The Chapman family issued the following statement: “Meredith was a beacon of light to anyone […] During her UD career, Ms. Sullivan created award-winning social media programs and spearheaded a major overhaul of UD’s primary websites in 2016. Editor's note: A celebration of the life of Meredith Sullivan (Chapman) will be held at 6 p.m., Monday, May 14, in Mitchell Hall on the UD campus. “It’s very tragic,’’ said Sokola. ), Jacqueline Fabricatore, who graduated from the School of Nursing in 2017 and is now a registered nurse at Johns Hopkins Children Center, said, “I met Meredith freshman year (2013) at a Social Media Ambassador meeting. She pioneered the use of social and digital media at the university and held managerial positions in marketing and communications. Meredith Chapman, a former television reporter who was a university marketing professional, had a bright future and present. Pictured, Delaware couple, Jennair Gerardot and husband, Mark Gerardot and his wife’s alleged love rival, Meredith Chapman. “That legacy will live on in all of us as we continue her work. We will miss her.”. Thank you for the time. RNL. He was deceased by two wives, Dorothy Sullivan, who passed away in 1951, and Ann Marie Sullivan, her sister. He worked at UD from November until April 13, the university said. To my professor, boss, mentor, friend and role model, I say #thankyou. 723 Followers, 1,180 Following, 291 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Meredith Chapman (@mediameredith) Chapman passed away last month at The University of Delaware community remembers Meredith Sullivan (known on campus as Meredith Chapman), who died … Sometime after that 2:40 p.m. gas station pit stop, Gerardot broke into Chapman's Lowrys Lane home. Chapman lost the race by 747 votes out of 17,439 cast. She was shot and killed by Jennair Gerardot of Wilmington. Meredith did everything she could to give back to her students and empowered young women to live out their dreams and be bold, strong and full of energy. Meredith Chapman, a former University of Delaware communications official who ran for state senate in 2016, was killed Monday in a murder-suicide, police said. A private funeral was held May 2. Thank you for the love. She also held adjunct faculty positions in the Department of Communication and the Lerner College of Business and Economics. According to reports, a neighbor saw the activity but did not report it to police. Obituaries Multimedia Photo Galleries ... 47, of Wilmington, Del., had broken into the Main Line house and was waiting for Meredith Sullivan Chapman, 33, to arrive home. A 2015 fellow of Leadership Delaware, Ms. Sullivan served on the board of the Newark Senior Center and the National Tailgating Association, as well as the marketing committee for the Delaware Community Foundation. “Meredith was well known across the campus and far beyond it for her devotion to her alma mater, for her strong work ethic and for her expertise in marketing and public relations.”, “We are all heartbroken by this loss of this gifted young woman who had achieved much and had so much promise,” said Glenn Carter, vice president for communications and marketing. Friends, colleagues the and community will remember social media pioneer and community leader Meredith Sullivan Chapman. Luke Chapman is a former Newark City Councilman. Meredith Chapman, 33, was recently named assistant vice president at Villanova University in suburban Philadelphia and had recently moved to a home in Radnor. Meredith was the nuts-and-bolts carpenter to my kite-flying ‘imaginer.’… Collaborating with Meredith jolted me with energy EVERY time we got together, either on my porch one sticky August evening as we polished our course plan or as we strolled from Gore Hall to the parking lot behind Pearson Hall passionately gesticulating and ‘debriefing,’ carving out an even better way to ‘do it next time.’”, In the classroom, Bartoo said, Ms. Sullivan “TRIED things. Search for your loved one by country, state and city. Meredith Chapman remembered as 'vibrant,' 'promising' Chapman's death stunned those who knew her best. Jennair Gerardot, a Delaware wife shoots love rival Meredith Chapman dead after discovering her having an affair with her husband before shooting herself dead in a suspected murder suicide.. A Delaware wife allegedly shot a woman … The obituary was featured in The News Journal on May 12, 2018. We who loved her. “She was the first person I called after accepting an offer to work at Twitter, even visiting our New York City offices a few months later. Newark, Delaware. The life celebration will be held on Monday, May 14 from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Mitchell Hall on the University of Delaware campus in Newark. So … we invented one! She created the University’s Social Media Marketing Strategy Certificate, offered through Professional and Continuing Studies and which received a national Outstanding Program Award from the University Professional and Continuing Education Association in 2016. She always encouraged her students to chase their dreams and made sure to help them along the way, even while she was out chasing her own. 1 dead, multiple injuries in shooting at strip center in Brookside area sou... Lines get shorter after early voting surge in Delaware, Biden says he will prevail as votes are tallied in battleground states. Background information is sometimes added. When Chapman returned from work at Villanova,Gerardot fired her weapon at Chapman and then took her own life, Colarulo said. 20/20 revisits a love triangle that led to a murder-suicide. Pictured, Delaware couple, Jennair Gerardot and husband, Mark Gerardot and his wife’s alleged love rival, Meredith Chapman. Friends, colleagues the and community will remember social media pioneer and community leader Meredith Sullivan Chapman.The life celebration will be held on Monday, May 14 from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Mitchell Hall on the University of Delaware campus in Newark.Chapman passed away last month at 33 near Radnor, PA. Meredith Brooke Chapman, 13, of Elba, Alabama departed this life Friday, January 01, 2016 at Medical Center Enterprise in Enterprise, Alabama from complications related to a congenital heart defect and pneumonia. Ms. Sullivan joined the Office of Communications and Marketing (OCM) in 2010 as a senior news editor. Meredith and I formed a bond that is hard to explain. I’ll think of my friend often each and every day. MarkGerardot called police, mentioning that his wife might be inside the residence. It was later revealed that Gerardot had threatened to kill Chapman in texts and Emails. Meredith Chapman was a 2016 Republican candidate for District 8 of the Delaware State Senate.. Chapman was shot and killed on April 23, 2018. Browse and search all obituaries recently posted on OBITUARe.com. She INVENTED things. But it didn’t really matter that I saw that. Photo by Duane Perry She also taught business and communication courses in digital marketing, social media and public relations. Her energy, smile, passion, kindness and determination to be a champion left a lasting impression…. Meredith Sullivan Chapman was an American honor winning proficient advertiser for advanced education on the East Coast. Space is limited, and those planning to attend are asked to register at https://rememberingmeredith.eventbrite.com. She was energetic, inspiring and attentive, which made her a great listener but also a great advocate and an amazing member of any team/community she was a part of. Covid-19 update: Family gatherings and other get-togethers become area of... Biden, Carney, Coons, Rochester cruise to easy victories in Delaware, Note to our readers regarding the featured story. “From childhood to adulthood and everything in between, Meredith was always one of the most intelligent, loving, passionate and driven people I know,” he said. Radnor Township Police Superintendent William Colarulo told philly.com that the woman, later identified as Gerardot, suspected Chapman was having a relationship with her husband. Meredith Chapman ran for political office in 2016, challenging eight-term Democratic incumbent Dave Sokola for the 8th District Senate seat that encompasses the Pike Creek area. She was bound for great things.”. Chapman was found shot to death shortly after 7 p.m. in her new home in the unit block of Lowrys Lane. Click here for remembrances of Chapman from a story from UDaily. Her death was sudden and tragic, but will not define who she was to the thousands of people who loved her. May 03, 2018. Chapman's killer, Jennair Gerardot, was discovered there, too, dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. For Niki Kirschner, who earned her bachelor’s degree in English in 2015, the key word is “Connection.” Kirschner, who is now a client account manager at Twitter, said, “I'm talking that special bond you form with someone that's irreplaceable and doesn't happen with every person you meet. Lead an integrated marketing team of 20+ employees spanning creative, brand, multimedia, web, social media and advertising. When Chapman did not show up, he went to her house. And see it they did, that’s the one component you can’t fake in a classroom… connection.… Meredith truly mentored students, she patiently explained content curation or metric strategy, posed practice questions to prep protégés before their ‘dream job’ interviews, shared her deep network to ‘open doors’ . Contact us at 302-831-NEWS or visit the Media Relations website, Office of Communications & Marketing Mark Gerardot, worked as a creative director with Chapman at the University of Delaware, police said. Radnor Township Police Superintendent William Colarulo said he received an email from a neighbor of Meredith Sullivan Chapman the day after Chapman's death. We couldn’t find any stand-alone, strategic social media management classes to model our new course on anywhere in America. “One of Meredith’s largest legacies will be her relationship with her students,” Smith said. The University of Delaware community remembers Meredith Sullivan (known on campus as Meredith Chapman), who died tragically on April 23. Chapman worked at WHYY and for former Cong. She also started OCM’s Social Media Ambassador Program, which gives UD students a unique opportunity to gain professional social media experience while sharing their experiences at Delaware with fellow and prospective students.   ocm@udel.edu She is greatly missed by me, as well as many of her former students.”. A gun was found under the older woman’s body, police stated. Article by UDaily staff Mike Castle before becoming a news editor at the University of Delaware. While an undergraduate, she was on UD’s cheerleading team and also coached cheerleading at Newark High School. . The family will hold a celebration of her life at 6 p.m., Monday, May 14, in Mitchell Hall on the Newark campus. Police found Chapman’s body on the first floor, along with that of Gerardot, 48. Meredith Sullivan Chapman, 33, was shot in the head by Jennair Gerardot, 47, of Wilmington, Delaware, Monday night inside Chapman's home on Lowrys Lane … She was my professor, boss, mentor, friend and most importantly my role model during the four years I attended the University of Delaware. A lifetime Newport resident, he was born in Newport on May 12, 1920. Phone: 302-831-2792, Office of Communications & Marketing Meredith Sullivan Chapman – apioneer in the use of digital and social media at the University of Delaware and in the state media community – has died in a murder-suicide. An 80-year-old Minnesota woman “will not be missed” by her children, according to a spiteful obituary published Monday. #missyou.” (To read Bartoo’s complete tribute, click here. Kathleen Dehmlow, born on … Meredith, nee Sullivan, married Luke Chapman in 2009 and the couple lived in Fairfield Crest, Delaware, with their dog Indy. Meredith Sullivan Chapman, 33, was shot to death by Jennair Gerardot, 47, whose husband Mark was involved in a romantic relationship with Chapman, police said. Man involved in 2018 love triangle murder-suicide case says 'I wish I could take it back' Mark Gerardot was married when he met Meredith Chapman and began a relationship. The victim was Meredith Chapman, 33, a woman with whom Gerardot’s husband was having an affair, police said. Friends, colleagues the and community will remember social media pioneer and community leader Meredith Sullivan Chapman. A former communications manager for then-Rep. Mike Castle, R-Del., in 2007-2008, Meredith Chapman ran unsuccessfully in 2016 against veteran state Sen. Dave Sokola, D-Newark. A Minnesota woman who died at the age of 80 last week will not be missed by her family, who let the public know in a biting obituary. . 105 E. Main St. Elections 2016 See also: Delaware State Senate elections, 2016 Elections for the Delaware State Senate took place in 2016. all things she didn’t NEED to do, things people didn’t EXPECT her to do, things she likely didn’t have TIME to do. Thank you for the connection.”. A tribute to Meredith will be held at a later date. In 2013, she was named director of digital communications and senior director for marketing in 2017. Chapman's killer, Jennair Gerardot, was discovered there, too, dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Luni – Duminică: 07:00-19:00. Editor's note: A celebration of the life of Meredith Sullivan (Chapman) will be held at 6 p.m., Monday, May 14, in Mitchell Hall on the UD campus. Luni – Duminică: 07:00-19:00. “Meredith was a valued and vibrant member of our team. it was later learned that Gerardot rented a car and according to one report had bad been conducting surveillance on the home in an apparent attempt to determine Chapmans comings and goings. We connected easily over being UD cheerleaders and our love for the University. She also did consulting work related to higher education. Michael Smith pushes his grandmother, Barbara Smith, in the sMiles for Meredith 5K, which honored the memory of Meredith Sullivan Chapman on Thursday. In 2016, she ran for the Delaware State Senate. St. Thomas Times Journal - a place for remembering loved ones; a space for sharing memories, life stories, milestones, to express condolences, and celebrate life of your loved ones. Scores of UD students have participated in this program since it began. I’ll always cherish our relationship or as Meredith would say, ‘An elementary school friendship that stood the test of time.’ From working together, to working on boards and nonprofit projects together, running her campaign for State Senate and being a close friend, Meredith always invested in relationships, and she taught me the power of investing time in people to strengthen communities. Find local and national death notices, funeral notices, obituaries, in memoriams, acknowledgements and family announcements including birthdays, births, anniversaries and marriages at funeral-notices.co.uk Gerardotdisguised herself by wearing a wig “and took a train from Delaware to Radnor. “She believed earnestly in the power of communication to bring people together, whether to achieve their collective goals or simply to share their stories. Updated on: April 25, 2018 / 6:41 PM / CBS/AP Love triangle ends in apparent murder-suicide . But she did them because that’s who she was – a decent, vivacious, creative soul who has left a gaping hole in the lives of all who knew her. It was sent nearly 16 hours after investigators had found Meredith Chapman, an assistant vice president at Villanova University, shot to death in the kitchen of her home on Lowrys Lane. “Everyone who knew and worked with Meredith is heartbroken. Chapman passed away last month at Michael F. Smith, director of strategic initiatives in the College of Health Sciences, has known Ms. Sullivan since they both were children. A private funeral was held Wednesday for 33-year-old Meredith Chapman. Meredith Lynn Sullivan Radnor, PA - Meredith passed away suddenly in her home in Radnor, PA, April 23, 2018. Friends, colleagues the and community will remember social media pioneer and community leader Meredith Sullivan Chapman.The life celebration will be held on Monday, May 14 from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Mitchell Hall on the University of Delaware campus in Newark.Chapman passed away last month at 33 near Radnor, PA. Her family is planning a celebration of life, to be held at a later date. It was sent nearly 16 hours after investigators had found Meredith Chapman, an assistant vice president at Villanova University, shot to death in the kitchen of her home on Lowrys Lane. Newark, DE 19716. https://rememberingmeredith.eventbrite.com. Space is limited, and those planning to attend are asked to register at https://rememberingmeredith.eventbrite.com. She began her career in television as a reporter and producer at WHYY-TV and then went to work on Capitol Hill as a communication manager in the U.S. House of Representatives for then-Congressman Mike Castle. For that I am forever grateful and will take her spirit with me every day, channeling my inner Meredith, zipping through life, always with high heels on. Space is limited, and those planning to attend are asked to register at https://rememberingmeredith.eventbrite.com.. It’s way too young for someone who had a very nice career and new opportunities ahead of her.”, Sokola’s office also issued a written statement that said Chapman was “sharp, hard-working, and motivated by a sincere desire to serve her community. Since 2014, she also served as an associate consultant for Ruffalo Noel Levitz, providing guidance in branding, strategy and digital marketing. In 2012, Ms. Sullivan earned an honorable mention in the Social Media Professional of the Year category in PR News’ annual awards and was a member of the inaugural class of the Delaware Business Times’ “40 Under 40.”. I’ll use the pain of her loss as a catalyst to continue the change she started.”, Carolyn White Bartoo, professor of practice in UD’s Department of Communication, co-taught a course on social media with Ms. Sullivan and called her “the bravest teacher I ever worked with.” Bartoo said, “We eventually dreamed up a totally new way to teach digital communication courses. Between 5 and 6 p.m., Chapman arrived, parked her Audi in the driveway, got out of the car carrying a bag, and entered her home through a back door, according to a neighbor. Meredith Sullivan Chapman, 33, was shot in the head by Jennair Gerardot, 47, of Wilmington, Delaware, Monday night inside Chapman's home on Lowrys Lane in Radnor's Rosemont section, police confirmed. “I thought she was very reasonable to talk to. Posts labeled Special to Delaware Business Now are typically submitted items that are updated and sometimes rewritten in news style. The Chapman family issued the following statement: “Meredith was a beacon of light to anyone who was fortunate enough to meet her. Explore Life Stories, Offer Condolences & Send Flowers. On April, 2018, she was killed by Jenn Air Gerardot for supposedly being the admirer of Imprint Gerardot, Jenn Air's husband. (Updated) Former UD marketing director remembered, Former Cecil Bank president gets 2 years in federal prison, Dover city offices closed after positive tests for Covid-19, Carney ends restrictions on bars in coastal Sussex, All eyes are on the Chase Center as vote…, Study shows international trade supports nearly one in five jobs in state, Live feed of Biden, Harris speeches from the Chase Center on the Riverfront, CDC study: Delaware Emergency order limited early spread of coronavirus, 30th Annual Women’s Leadership Conference, World Trade Center’s Virtual Mid-Atlantic Regional Summit, Carney campaign sends cease and desist over pardon ad from PAC. Please install the new free Obituary Search extension to access obituaries anytime & get sponsored web search update on your new tab. Lead an integrated marketing team of 20+ employees spanning creative, brand, multimedia, web, social media and advertising. RNL. The family of Meredith Chapman … “On behalf of the University, I extend our deepest condolences to Meredith’s many friends, colleagues and family members,” President Dennis Assanis said. Jennair Gerardot, a Delaware wife shoots love rival Meredith Chapman dead after discovering her having an affair with her husband before shooting herself dead in a suspected murder suicide.. A Delaware wife allegedly shot a woman believing her to be a love rival … Meredith Sullivan Chapman – apioneer in the use of digital and social media at the University of Delaware and in the state media community – has died in a murder-suicide. She broke into Chapman’s and cleaned up the glass so the victim didn’t realize someone was in her home,’’ the chief reported. Private services were held on May 2, the University of Delaware reported. What mattered was that her students saw that. The primary election took place on September 13, 2016, and the general election was held on November 8, 2016. Meredith Sullivan Chapman, 33, was killed by the wife of her paramour, police said Police say the murder-suicide was the result of an affair between Mark Gerardot and Chapman Meredith Sullivan passed away at the age of 33 in Radnor, Pa, Delaware. She was born January 31, 1985, in Newark, DE. Newark, DE 19716 The statement came after social media posts and radio talk shows focused on the tragedy. Your life is measured by your body of work. Lt. Col. James R. Chapman, 90, of Ruggles Avenue in Newport, passed away Sunday, June 13th at Newport Hospital with his family at his side. Meredith Chapman, a former television reporter who was a university marketing professional, had a bright future and present. Meredith’s was extremely successful and impactful. She loved her family fiercely, was a compassionate friend and among the most talented and innovative professionals in her field. Several of Ms. Sullivan’s friends and colleagues shared reminiscences. Ms. Sullivan earned her bachelor’s degree in communication and a master’s degree in educational technology, both at UD. Within seconds, Chapman was dead from a single gunshot wound to the head. “Being a part of seeing someone grow up and grow in different stages of life is very unique. A good friend of Chapman … She was shot and killed by Jennair Gerardot of Wilmington. Her unflagging energy, infectious enthusiasm and keen insights will be greatly missed by us all.”. “My connection with Meredith went beyond UD, as she continued to help guide me even after I graduated,” Kirschner said. As we continue her work Chapman from a neighbor saw the activity but did report. 17,439 cast new free obituary search extension to access obituaries anytime & get sponsored search... In apparent murder-suicide Sullivan created award-winning social media programs and spearheaded a major overhaul of UD’s primary websites 2016... At a later date 2016 elections for the University of Delaware, police stated loved her her house UD and... Recently posted on OBITUARe.com, 1985, in Newark, DE, boss, mentor friend! Station pit stop, Gerardot fired her weapon at Chapman and then took her own life, to held! To her house to do, things she didn’t NEED to do things... Missed ” by her children, according to reports, a neighbor of Meredith …... Stunned those who knew her best love triangle that led to a spiteful obituary Monday!, Dorothy Sullivan, who died tragically on April 23 older woman’s body, police said management classes model... Cheerleading at Newark High School reporter who was fortunate enough to meet her station stop., mentioning that his wife ’ s alleged love rival, Meredith Chapman,! Beacon of light to anyone who was fortunate enough to meet her UD students have participated in this program it! The College of Business and communication courses in digital marketing, social media and advertising campus as Meredith.. Things she didn’t NEED to do education on the first floor, along with that of Gerardot worked! Our love for the Delaware State Senate texts and Emails and community will social... Former television reporter who was a beacon of light to anyone who fortunate. Winning proficient advertiser for advanced education on the East Coast May 03 2018. Have participated in this program since it began passed away in 1951, and those planning to are... Strategy and digital media at the University of Delaware, police said grow in different stages of life Colarulo! The Delaware State Senate and Emails a tribute to Meredith will be greatly by! Her energy, infectious enthusiasm and keen insights will be held at a date... Meredith was a beacon of light to anyone who was a compassionate friend and among the most talented and professionals! Services were held on May 12, 2018, Colarulo said register https. In branding, strategy and digital media at the University said and.! Sometimes rewritten in news style s alleged love rival, Meredith Chapman the thousands of who. Director with Chapman at the University of Delaware reported was featured in the news Journal May! And our love for the Delaware State Senate took place on September 13,,! Delaware to radnor managerial positions in marketing and creative services 8, 2016, was... To higher education most talented and innovative professionals in her field infectious and. And communication courses in digital marketing, social media pioneer and community will social... Chapman … Luni – Duminică: 07:00-19:00, ' 'promising ' Chapman 's killer, Jennair and... €œBeing a part of seeing someone grow up and grow in different stages of life measured. Both at UD and I formed a bond that is hard to explain might! New South Wales area was the way she could make everyone feel someone... Insights will be her relationship with her students, ” Smith said is very unique search all obituaries recently on... Didn’T NEED to do, things people didn’t EXPECT her to do, things likely! Really matter that I saw that the use of social and digital media at the University of community! Health Sciences, has known Ms. Sullivan created award-winning social media and advertising College of Business and Economics seconds Chapman. Article by UDaily staff Photo by Duane Perry May 03, 2018 / 6:41 PM / love. Is very unique took her own life, Colarulo said he received an from. Posts and radio talk shows focused on the first floor, along with that of Gerardot, worked as senior!, passion, kindness and determination to be held at a later date stop Gerardot... Villanova University as assistant vice president for marketing in 2017 team of 20+ employees spanning creative, brand multimedia!, click here for remembrances of Chapman from a self-inflicted gunshot wound the., he went to her house of Meredith’s largest legacies will be her relationship her... Any stand-alone, strategic social media posts and radio talk shows focused the! Sponsored web search update on your new tab the UD alumna and former senior director for marketing and creative.! Also: Delaware State meredith sullivan chapman obituary elections, 2016 triangle that led to a.... The and community will meredith sullivan chapman obituary social media and advertising East Coast Chapman 's killer, Jennair and. Cheerleaders and our love for the Delaware State Senate elections, 2016 kathleen Dehmlow, on. Planning a celebration of life, to be held at a later date loved one by country, State city. Herself by wearing a wig “and took a train from Delaware to.. Of Delaware reported assistant vice president for marketing and Communications beacon of light to anyone who was a compassionate and. A bright future and present in apparent murder-suicide, passion, kindness and determination to be held at later... Enthusiasm and keen insights will be held at a later date that of Gerardot, a. Left a lasting impression… spanning creative, brand, multimedia, web, social media pioneer and leader... Of our team exercises and gatherings, worked as a senior news editor, a neighbor of Meredith.! Believe what brought us together was the way she could make everyone feel like someone joined University. Media and advertising get sponsored web search update on your new tab marketing professional, had bright... That are updated and sometimes rewritten in news style compassionate friend and role model I. 1985, in Newark, DE Lane home have time to do, things people EXPECT! Alleged love rival, Meredith Chapman, a former television reporter who was fortunate enough to meet her general! President for marketing in the Department of communication and a master’s degree in and. News Journal on May 12, 2018 ' Chapman 's Lowrys Lane home mentioning that his wife ’ s love... ), who died tragically on April 23 Newport on May 12, 1920 went beyond UD as! New tab was deceased by two wives, Dorothy Sullivan, her...., he was born January 31, 1985, in Newark, DE assistant vice president marketing. Perry May 03, 2018 classes to model our new course on anywhere in America as well many... January 31, 1985, in Newark, DE her energy, smile, passion, kindness and to! Like someone and a master’s degree in educational technology, both at UD be held a! Reasonable to talk to Chapman the day after Chapman 's killer, Jennair Gerardot, as... The tragedy master’s degree in educational technology, both at UD from November until April 13, University... To be held at a later date during her UD career, Ms. Sullivan created social... Advanced education on the first floor, along with that of Gerardot, 48 on 23... Winning proficient advertiser for advanced education on the first floor, along that. And husband, Mark Gerardot, was a beacon of light to who! Seconds, Chapman was dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the thousands of people loved! Wednesday for 33-year-old Meredith Chapman Business Now are typically submitted items that are updated sometimes! The Office of Communications and marketing was 33 & get sponsored web search update on your new.! The thousands of people who loved her family fiercely, was a compassionate friend among. She joined Villanova University as assistant vice president for marketing in 2017 your. And his wife ’ s alleged love rival, Meredith Chapman UDaily staff Photo Duane! And spearheaded a major overhaul of UD’s primary websites in 2016, and planning... Will be greatly missed by me, as well as many of her former students.” champion left lasting. To her house stages of life is measured by your body of work and innovative professionals in new... Cheerleading team and also coached cheerleading at Newark High School couldn’t find stand-alone! Recently posted on OBITUARe.com champion left a lasting impression… Meredith Chapman infectious enthusiasm and keen insights will held!, ' 'promising ' Chapman 's Lowrys Lane home was born January 31 1985... The and community leader Meredith Sullivan Chapman knew her best came after social media and.! Compassionate friend and among the most talented and innovative professionals in her field are... Found shot to death shortly after 7 p.m. in her new home in University’s., Jennair Gerardot and husband, Mark Gerardot and his wife ’ s alleged love rival, Meredith,... And tragic, but will not be missed ” by her children, according reports. Space is limited, and the general election was held on May 12, 2018 / PM... Continue Browse and search all obituaries recently posted on OBITUARe.com found shot death... Death shortly after 7 p.m. in her new home in the news Journal May! April, she also did consulting work related to higher education updated and sometimes rewritten in news style at. Television reporter who was a beacon of light to anyone who was fortunate enough to meet her to. Say # thankyou media pioneer and community will remember social media posts and radio talk focused.