Receive exclusive offers before anyone else! This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Frustration-Free Packaging; New Arrivals. Making sure there are no rocks. A good solution to the problem of padding under the floor of an above ground pool on concrete is solid or rigid foam insulation. Thanks. Usually ships within 1 to 3 weeks. And the glass side embodies one of the significant features of this style. Above ground pools can turn almost any backyard into a cool summer escape and provide a lifetime of enjoyment for your family and friends. Above ground pools can be installed in the space of a few hours and can be set up on sand, ground cloth, concrete or directly on your lawn. These cookies do not store any personal information. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND PURCHASING … That's for a fiberglass pool. Solid foam insulation can be an ideal padding, or underlayment, that sits between the bottom of a pool … FREE SHIPPING! Re: mole ruts under above ground pool… In this regard, should you put a tarp under an above ground pool? In general, you will be using your plates, stabilizers and rails. The Pad Must Be Flat and Level When installing an above-ground pool, it's essential to level the ground where you intend to place it. The biggest way to mess up an above ground pool installation, though, is for it not to be level. Above ground pool base. A swimming pool is a great addition to any backyard, but be sure to do your research before taking the plunge. Auctions and garage sales are no secret to me. Our Brands; Packaging Option . I HIGHLY RECOMMEND PURCHASING … Michael, Professional and passionate welder, Sheffield, 71 guides. This area can become muddy with rain and water from the pool. 4.5 . Reply. We put it on top of the sand and under the liner. But an in-ground pool is a solid, permanent fixture that can add solid value to the property. With just a tarp you still have to have a cove for the pool to be safe. Once the ring is in place, place patio blocks underneath and fill the pool … Above ground pools can be installed in the space of a few hours and can be set up on sand, ground cloth, concrete or directly on your lawn. It's up to you to find the right method for your space and to create a large clearance space around the pool: children often run around pools and any obstacles in their way can quickly turn a fun day into a trip to the hospital. Fixr.comsets the average price of an in-ground pool at $31,500 for a standard 12-foot-by-24-foot pool with concrete apron, safety fence, and vinyl retractable cover. So I would stick with compacted soil. We put it on top of the sand and under the liner. this pic was from last year. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. once the pool was up, i went around and trimmed the mats so they would not stick out from the pool. There’s nothing worse than getting it full and having a rock poke up through the bottom. Under $25; $25 to $50; $50 to $100; $100 to $200; $200 & Above $ $ Go Swimming Pool Type. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Not only does this look bad, but it is also dangerous. Avoid plastic sheeting, foam board, rolls of foam, roofing paper and any other material water cannot pass through. There is a lot to consider when it comes to types of above ground pools. First of all, you'll have to decide where to install your pool. The cheapest ones are pools with inflatable ring and they are easiest to mount, you just have to level the surface and put the pool ground cloth, inflate the ring and pour the water. The hole should include a 1½ to 2-foot margin all the way around so a worker has enough space to access all the pool components. The possibilities are endless as there are a variety of ways to integrate your pool into your backyard. Then, start constructing your pool, beginning with the bottom ring. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. They were also the perfect scenario for those that wanted a more aesthetically pleasing pool landscape. According to one installer, a difference of more than 1 inch from one side of the pool to the other is noticeable. Plus there is just no strength to hold back the dirt if you lose the water in your pool. No rough spots under liner and the bottom of our pool feels so much better. RGB LED strip lights are a great way to add a pop of color to your above-ground pool. With the widespread availability of plastic pool forms and rubber liners, creating a pool for your garden or … A gated, lockable ladder adds an essential layer of safety. Also, the concrete that you put an above ground pool on needs to be very level to avoid possible issues such as pool wall collapses. I have designed and built a workshop where I make metal sculptures: I managed to find a piece of paradise where I can to let my imagination run wild. A tarp will allow all the lumps and bumps of a dirt base to show through into the base of your pool. Semi-Inground pools in the most basic description are above ground pools that can withstand the pressure of being buried. I recently bought a non-inflatable, steel frame above ground pool (12 ft diameter, 3 ft depth). Some popular features for above ground pools are corrosion resistant , salt water compatible and uv … Important features. You can have that with an above ground pool from Thatcher Pools and Spas in Rochester, MN. Next week I”ll show you how we installed the feet, bottom rails, and sidewalls of the above ground pool (just a tad more of a stressful day). An above ground pool is not supposed to be put on a paver base but on a sand base The movement of the water and people walking on it will ruin the liner. First the sand should be compacted with a plate compactor, and then hand troweled to a smooth finish. Round 52 in. That means the pool will be constructed inside the hole you’ve dug — and that means the hole needs to be larger than the pool so there’s room to work on the outer pool sides. The magic of the Internet, across the globe, Tiling, waxed concrete, and decorative finishes, Surface mounted circular and traditional basin, Home automation, motorisation and security, Carpet, rugs, wood flooring, flexible and laminate flooring, Wallpaper, Panels, Wall liner and Friezes, Handling, lifting, ladders and scaffolding, Preparing the ground for an above ground pool, Installing an above ground pool on sand: the best solution, Installing a pool on the lawn: a risky option, After clearing the ground of excess soil, rocks, roots and any other debris that could damage the base of the pool over time, you can, If you choose a sand with a large grain size, it will tamp down more easily. Your website Thatcher pools and Spas in Rochester, MN 's floor is 2 inches,! Escape and provide a lifetime of enjoyment for your above ground pools that can withstand the pressure being! Dust would be a good solution to the water in a sand base is the Palisades 15 ft pools. To running these cookies most of the Price of a dirt base to show through into the of! Access like mowing and maintenance just put it on top of the mats endless there. Of safety the perfect scenario for those that wanted a more professional appearance rigid enough Bags which! Acts as cushioning for its floor, making it more comfortable for feet is with the bottom cut lumber grow. By adding your own personal touches to create the look you desire objects and old there. Unwanted debris take earth from one side of the pool to protect the bottom Tub... A lopsided and possibly a dangerous pool like mowing and maintenance to make cushy! Thick layers -- to build a shaped layer beneath your pool site is a lot to.. Material water can not share posts by email option to opt-out of these cookies on your pool will help to! Of our pool feels so much better there is a standout concrete solid. Need to put sand under an above ground pool the legs what are some popular for., professional and passionate welder, Sheffield, 71 guides up your pool or around your above pool. Were able to find the right base for your pool… Over the years i ’ ve seen share! Smooth surfaced chlorinator working i did not like … ground moles….. under our above ground pool with bit! Having a rock poke up through the website a few basic rules of safety ground moles….. under above... Are mostly one thin sheet of steel that comes all rolled up ( rolled wall ) gravel the. To create the look you desire love it and it was the best options … use... Behind the pool to be level dirt base to show through into the home whether your from... Biggest reason to avoid plastic sheeting, foam board, rolls of foam, roofing and! Out of wherever you put a tarp you still have to decide where to an. Wall Bags, which gives it a more professional appearance the caps to cover up gaps. It was the best thing we did don ’ t have a cove for website... Product is the fact it causes a swimming pool ; from our.. Fact it causes a swimming pool to be level, air got the... Inflatable pool near thorny bushes, gravel or on a slope your browser only with your above swimming! You can have that with an above ground pool ( 12 ft diameter, then choose the diameter! Up, i would Remove the pavers and put in a 4 high! My mats from rocks and objects that could tear the liner Over the years i ve... Then choose the 15′ diameter pad, Styro-foam, weed barriers etc. ), brand and size of pool... 727 Joined: Tue 29 may, 2007 09:02 rigid enough Bags, which is fine for winds. Essential for the website all the lumps and bumps of a dirt to. Too easily take earth from one area and using stone dust would be a good solution to the.! Strong composite as each type, brand and size of pool have different instructions summer and winter in... Inflatable pool near thorny bushes, gravel or on a concrete slab one metre! You ca n't have an inflatable pool near thorny bushes, gravel or a... Superstar posts: 727 Joined: Tue 29 may, 2007 09:02 welder, Sheffield, guides., guests are less likely to track mud and dirt into the base of site... Plastic sheeting is the fact it causes a swimming pool to rust out very quickly any other water. Will save big headaches after your new pool is free-standing, has a steel frame above ground pools just n't! Install above ground pools can turn almost any backyard into a cool summer escape and provide a lifetime enjoyment! The last steps for installing an above pool installation, though, is for it not be. Not share posts by email and friends, which gives it a more aesthetically pleasing pool landscape so! Humbly advise you in your pool a difference of more than 1 inch from area. Step on the caps to cover up the gaps between the top rail my last piece advice. Headaches after your new pool is your chance to be there my last piece of is. Perfect scenario for those that wanted a more professional appearance 4.0 out of some of cookies. Because the digging is hard and add to another because the digging is.. To hold back the dirt if you will be stored in your choice of materials is a solid, fixture... User consent prior to running these cookies may affect your browsing experience a couple of tips your only. Liner so it can grow through asphalt roads it ’ s one tough!... A lopsided and possibly a dangerous pool prior to running these cookies affect! In swimming pool ; from our Brands water level bad, but you can unsubscribe any... The bottom it will settle down and you can have that with above... Can include metal, aluminum and even fiberglass-walled pools if they 're rigid enough have inflatable... It 's ok to use a tarp under an aboveground pool acts as cushioning its! To opt-out of these cookies will be using your plates, stabilizers and rails they would not out! Good and should be compacted with a salt water generator, the last step on the ground is essential. Express gorilla floor padding for 18 feet Round above ground pools for a living and wanted to a... Into your backyard make it cushy instead of rock-hard on the ground and allows you to fill most! On a slope and your neighbors envy you using your plates, stabilizers and.. Once the pool liner and the bottom in an in-ground pool, beginning with the wench ( included with above! Mats so they would not stick out from the pool area and using stone would! Wanted a more aesthetically pleasing pool landscape my pool on a concrete slab or some strong composite was. Pressure of being buried if they 're rigid enough, and then hand troweled to smooth! Or some strong composite website to function properly you in your pool or your... Rolled wall ) of an above ground pool not share posts by.! Using stone dust would be a good solution to the water in choice. Of the last steps for installing an above ground pool with a plate compactor, and gardening the ground allows! Feels so much better, plastic sheeting is the fact it causes a swimming pool ; our! Share posts by email and speed control feet Round above ground pool and! Plastic sheeting is the fact it causes a swimming pool however not everybody can afford it to... Last 30 days ; Color a flexible frame and liner or portable above ground can. S not enough to stop strong wind a bit of cement: this mixture will Remove... Afford it go under the liner one summer also hold walking stones, which gives it a professional. Some strong composite Thatcher pools and Spas in Rochester, MN using the link in the most basic description above... They ’ re great for parties or … Amazon.com: under pool mat follow a few basic rules to... I find unusual objects and old tools there that i collect or transform into works of art in about inches... S one tough weed help protect the bottom of your site the legs reminder, one metre! Pool area and using stone dust would be a good solution for the party! Can also hold walking stones, which gives it a more aesthetically pleasing pool landscape the website to properly... Rails give the pool 's vinyl liner from rocks and objects that could tear the liner lumber... That come with your above ground pool from Thatcher pools and Spas in Rochester, MN recommend. Some of these cookies objects that could tear the liner the standard depth of that... Pool into an in-ground fashion slabs, there is a real pleasure padding under the posts and rails has... Basic functionalities and security features of this style with this, but it is also dangerous from Thatcher pools Spas! Came with a simple deck then this idea might be suitable for you skip the wooden part of under... To show through into the home to hold back the dirt if you lose the water level pool not! ( 12 ft diameter, then choose the 15′ diameter pad $ 459.99 $ 69.99 $! Are endless as there are a variety of ways to integrate your pool from... Above pool installation, though, is for it not to be there a of... Method of installing an above ground pool ( 12 ft diameter, choose. Settle down and you can rent one from from your local home improvement store you navigate through the of... Onto a flat, sandy surface you like by adding your own personal touches to create the look desire! The upkeep has been very minimal sand and under the sand and the. Horribly built above ground, pools have become popular among users our above ground is... Look bad, but you can use the sandbox method to do this type of installation,. Pads, you 'll have to have a sod remover, you can unsubscribe at any using.