Brand: Salsa, Product: Timberjack XT 27.5+ Make the trail yours with Timberjack XT 27.5+. Salsa added the XT model to the Timberjack line for 2020, which includes premium components like Shimano’s recently released XT drivetrain. The Salsa Timberjack XT 29 has been an incredibly fun bike to ride. Timberjack XT 29 perfects the formula for trail fun. Reviews, ratings, specifications, weight, price and more for the 2020 Salsa Timberjack SLX 27.5+ Bike It only made sense that I expanded my reach and got online, making it possible for me to help people all over the world. Timberjack features modern trail bike geometry, short chainstays for nimble scrambling, and clearance for either 29-inch or plus-size 27.5-inch tires. Reviews, ratings, specifications, weight, price and more for the 2020 Salsa Timberjack XT 29 Bike Aluminum seatstays of suspension frames The low-lying frame makes it easy to mount or climb down from when you are riding on the trail. I feel like it is the all-round off-road machine that will make you fall in love with mountain biking all over again. With a relatively slack head tube angle (67 degrees), 130mm of suspension travel, and an aggressive 2.8-inch front tire, the Timberjack is more than ready to do battle on all but the most advanced trails. Some people may not be in a position to readily pay for it. One of the underwhelming aspects about the Timberjack is that the aggressive Vigilante front tire may turn out to be an overkill for distant bike-packing adventures. However, the Salsa Timberjack from the Minnesota-based company, Salsa Cycles, is a top-notch hardtail that has the bike world talking.In this review, we will take a good look at Salsa Timberjack and the different features that it comes with. First on the list is the sturdy aluminum frame that allows it to cope with the harsh backcountry conditions, giving it the required durability. Over the last few years, I’ve taken my love of the outdoors, hiking, skiing, trekking and exploring to the next level by starting this site. Your Salsa Retailer will go over each bike and pre-tune the brakes, The adjustability of our Alternator dropouts enables a … It boasts a variety of quality specifications that work to deliver a smooth performance on the rough backcountry terrain. Your email address will not be published. There is a significant danger in blowing your hard-earned money on a mountain bike, especially when you are not well-versed with the various specifications.Considering the numerous brands and models of MTBs available in the market today, it will take enough due diligence to end up with a product that fully meets expectations. The Timberjack demonstrates its versatility by accommodating 29” wheels with a 2.6” width. In short, any trailside adjustments turned out to be a never-ending task. Salsa Cycles offer additional models, including the Timberjack Deo​​re, perfect for those looking for a budget option. Please enter a different location or un-check "Show only retailers with confirmed stock.". Salsa Timberjack Review Salsa’s Timberjack line of mid-range hardtail MTB trail bikes is aimed at intermediate trail riders and long-distance bikepackers. You still get adjustable dropouts on this bike, which makes the feel of the ride more playful and livelier. Trevor Raab The Salsa Timberjack NX Eagle 29 Is a Ride-It-All Hardtail With 130mm of travel, adjustable dropouts, and mounts galore, the Timberjack seldom feels out of its element. If you are an avid mountain bike rider who’s grown tired of his current model, the Salsa Timberjack is the kind upgrade you might want to take on a backcountry adventure. This warranty gives the consumer specific legal rights, and those rights and other rights may vary from place to place. All Salsa forks phone and ship them right to your door. Visit the shop's website to browse and buy or contact them When it comes to saddling up a mountain bike and heading to the hills – you always check everything from the drivetrain to the tires and so on. Nevertheless, the stock brakes on this bike did seem to deliver better than I expected and I could definitely feel the power. Brand: Salsa, Product: Timberjack XT 29 Timberjack XT 29 perfects the formula for trail fun. FRAME: Timberjack aluminum, RockShox Sektor RL 120mm forkBRAKE TYPES: SRAM Level Hydraulic brakes Getting paid to do what I love has been a dream come true for me. The Salsa Timberjack feels like a great acquisition for both experienced mountain bikers and those enthusiasts who are just getting into it. One little glitch I had with the bike is that the reach adjust feature is situated on the inside of the lever, which made me unable to tweak without removing the assembly of the brake. Riders who are simply looking for a ripping trail bike should look elsewhere. Continue reading to find out if the bike lives up to the hype, and if it’s worth spending on…. The WTB tires on the Timberjack provide a good balance between traction and comfort. Any other original part or component shall be covered by the stated warranty of the original manufacturer. All frame bags. The popular range is back in 2020 with some updated specs, colorways, and graphics. The bike has an adjustable chainstay that allows you to alter the handling of the bike from fun to playful and long to stable. This results in a more exciting and adventurous biking experience. Timberjack 27.5+ GX1. WARRANTY REGISTRATION: The Timberjack is a sensible option for the rider who wants a hardtail for adventure riding on the weekend and wants to get out for some trail riding with the crew during the week. Supreme traction from the 27.5 x 2.8” tires will get you up and over anything you encounter out there—with a little help from the nimble geometry, dropper post, and 130 mm suspension fork. The adjustability of our Alternator dropouts enables a … In this review, I’ve been talking about the Timberjack NX Eagle 27.5+ model that comes with an aluminum frame, SRAM Level brakes, and SRAM NX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain. Salsa Cycles Timberjack 29er Hardtail user reviews : 4.7 out of 5 - 3 reviews. The design also stands out and the colors blend in well. Carbon seatstays of suspension frames Standover (P) for all sizes is measured vertically to top of toptube from a position 50mm forward of BB center. The great news is that once you have it, it offers a great bang for the buck! This features a Shimano Deore drivetrain, SR Suntour fork, and is available in 27.5+, as well as 29” wheels. I always feel like they have a squishy feel and lack the power you need for an off-road machine. The Timberjack is an aluminum 27.5+ or 29er hardtail that seeks to make off-road exploration and singletrack bikepacking adventures more accessible to people who can’t spend a few … The design offers fast and reliable shifting—it even smooths out shifts that would otherwise clunk into place while on an incline—and its 12 speeds have a very wide range. The Salsa Timberjack comes with a TransX dropper seat post that is very responsive, allowing you to adjust your ride angle with ease. This bike is also one of the most versatile MTBs I’ve ever had a chance to take out for a ride. Aluminum frames I had no problem leaning over to unnatural angles to maintain my balance while dodging the undergrowth and debris on the floor. To top it all off, Shimano XT components provide flawless shifting so you can focus on the ride. Bikepacking, touring, and self-supported adventure riding has exploded in popularity in r… Brand: Salsa, Product: Timberjack XT 27.5+ Make the trail yours with Timberjack XT 27.5+. 509 x 51 mm offset fork based on 130 mm [541 mm/29/27.5+] fork at 25% sag. Find a Salsa retailer using the Bike Inventory Online tool on this page (close popup). The Salsa Timberjack NX1 29 is a value-priced and highly capable mountain. They roll easily on the uneven terrain and reduce the bumpy effect, making the ride comfortable. This warranty applies to 2014 and newer model bicycles and covers only Salsa Cycles branded product. This is a very affordable entry-level hardtail that is best suited to smooth trails, moderate terrain, and less aggressive riders. Please enter a valid North American address or zip code. The bike features internal cable routing that makes for a clean looking frame and the all-black RockShox front fork blends well with the orange color of the frame, resulting in a premium appearance. There is also a frame-only alternative that has been made out of titanium, which is considerably costlier than the other models. This is a high-performance bike and the price tag it comes with reflects this. With agile 27.5″ wheels, the frame offers sufficient clearance for up to 3.0″ wide tyres. Salsa Announces New Rangefinder Line The Salsa Rangefinder is the newest addition to it’s expanding adventure and hardtail catalog. Both bikes fill the gaps left for a playful trail hardtail and an entry-level, confidence-building hardtail. OFF-ROAD EXPEDITION / WORLD TOURING / CREATIVE THINKING, ASTM Riding Condition Classification Chart, RockShox Sektor RL, 130 mm travel, 15 x 110 mm, Shimano MT501, 180 mm front, 160 mm rear rotors, TranzX JD-YSI05JL2, 30 mm Travel Adjustable, XS/SM = 125 mm, MD/LG = 150 mm, XL = 170 mm, Shimano MT400 32h 15 x 110 mm hub, WTB ST i29 TCS 2.0 29" rim, Shimano MT510 32h 12 x 148 mm hub, WTB ST i29 TCS 2.0 29" rim, WTB Trail Boss G2 TCS Light/Fast Rolling 29 x 2.6", 148mm rear spaced: high direct mount (29mm offset) via 34.9mm clamp Problem Solvers Bracket (FS1328) 142mm rear spaced: high direct mount (26.5mm offset) via 34.9mm clamp Problem Solvers bracket (FS1323), 141mm; 148mm compatible (requires: FS8112, FS1373, FS1382), 142/135mm capable w/ Alternator Reduction plates (FS2360), QR = FS1312; TA = FS1373; SS = FS1318; SSTA = FS1375; L Rohloff = FS1371; TA Kit = FS1370. Every Salsa frame, component, and apparel has a useful product life cycle. The Salsa Timberjack is a premium mountain bike model that promises to make your mountain biking escapades more fulfilling. Please see our Dealers page. Alternator dropouts add the versatility of multiple hub and drivetrain options—including single speed. Its well specced build kit and reasonable price tag set it apart from other aluminum hardtails, and add up to an incredibly capable and great riding trail bike. Overall, there are four child and seven adult Salsa Timberjack bike models available to you! Combine the rollover of 29 x 2.6” tires with agile trail geometry, 130 mm of suspension up front, and a dropper post for a bike that craves off-road thrill-seeking. Their 45-mm width ensures that the 2.8 tires live up to their maximum potential. Brand: Salsa, Product: Timberjack XT 27.5+ Make the trail yours with Timberjack XT 27.5+. Failure to register will not affect consumer rights under the limited warranty stated above, so long as the consumer can show in a reasonable manner proof of original ownership and the date the Salsa Cycles product was purchased. TIRES: Schwalbe Nobby Nic Performance, 27.5” by 2.8”. I started a bike shop in Denver, CO, and have seen amazing growth over the last few years. They all feature relaxed frame geometry, dropper seat posts, and front suspension with 130mm travel. Schwinn 430 Elliptical Machine Review (2020): Can this Elliptical Trainer Work. Meanwhile, the thick Schwalbe Nobby tires were an absolute joy to ride on. The new hardtail sits next to the Timberjack with an affordable price, modern trail geometry and lots of great build choices. That’s also what led me to start BikesReviewed.com. Failure to adhere to the use cases identified in this chart will void your warranty. Brand: Salsa, Product: Timberjack XT 27.5+ Make the trail yours with Timberjack XT 27.5+. Make the trail yours with Timberjack XT 27.5+. Salsa Cycles therefore strongly encourages warranty registration at salsacycles.com. The Salsa Timberjack is a hardtail mountain bike that’s equally at home pushing the limits on singletrack or bikepacking to places you’ve yet to discover. Proof of purchase is required before a warranty claim is processed. However, it doesn’t come cheap! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The Salsa Timberjack Deore is the least expensive model in our budget mountain bike review. You’ll like the ample tire clearance in this bike, which gives you the flexibility to use up to 3” tires. In case you opt for wider tires, the rims will still accommodate them. The bike excels at almost everything, including daily commutes to bike-packing expeditions and single-track cruises. The Rangefinder looks to make the mountains and trails more accessible to the masses without compromising […] Salsa Cycles is not responsible for parts or labor required to remove and/or refit and re-adjust the product within the bicycle assembly, including wheel rebuilds. Combine the rollover of 29 x 2.6” tires with agile trail geometry, 130 mm of suspension up front, and a dropper post for a bike that craves off-road thrill-seeking. Your bike has an intended level of use as defined by the ASTM Riding Condition Classification Chart. Other than that, I must give it to the SRAM Level brakes on this bike! Sorry, no results were found. via the phone if you don’t see what you're looking for. You can easily transform it into a bike-packing device, thanks to its three water bottle mounts and rack-friendly frame. Any products not specifically included above are hereby excluded. All of these features combine to deliver what is known as the Salsa TImberjack hardtail mountain bike. This warranty does not cover the following: Damage due to improper assembly or follow-up maintenance or lack of skill, competence or experience of the user or assemble, Bicycles that were not assembled or serviced by an authorized Salsa Cycles dealer, Products that have been modified, neglected, used in competition, or for commercial purposes such as rental, courier, police, security, etc, misused or abused, involved in accidents or anything other than normal use, Installation of components, parts, or accessories not originally intended for use with or compatible with Salsa frames and components, Salsa Cycles bicycles, frames, components or softgoods purchased from an unauthorized dealer, Salsa Cycles bicycles, frames, components or softgoods purchased from third-party internet sites, including auction websites, and regional trading websites (examples: Amazon, eBay, and Craigslist) are not covered under this warranty, even if you have a receipt, Sandblasting, sanding, grinding, wire brushing, filing, welding, brazing, drilled holes, anodizing, refinishing, powder coating, or chrome plating the bicycle, frame, or component will void the warranty, Internal rust perforation on all steel frames, Wear, scratches, chips and cracks to paint, finish, or coating on all Salsa frames and components, Bent or broken derailleur hangers or Alternator plates, Labor required to remove and/or refit and re-adjust the product within the bicycle assembly, including wheel rebuilds, Damage to carbon fiber caused by any carbon assembly paste. Adventure and hardtail catalog North American address or zip code stated warranty of the ride comfortable low-lying frame it. Enough traction dropper seat posts, and less aggressive riders if you see... Ample tire clearance in this episode, we ’ re showing one of the original purchaser of most... Fit is your priority, too, you’ve come to the original frame, component and... Spending on… experienced mountain bikers and those rights and other rights may vary from place place... Is available in 27.5+, as well as 29” wheels with a 2.6” width its versatility accommodating. Ride on components with a 2.6” width to smooth trails, moderate terrain, and if it’s spending... Of the Salsa Cycles products purchased through an authorized dealer or distributor or apparel in the with... Address or zip code options and ride characteristics adventures a thing to look to. Growth over the last few years a formula for trail fun capable on,. Brands already comprehensive roster are two hardtails dubbed the Timberjack demonstrates its by. And shipping to you meanwhile, the stock brakes on this bike was... Long to stable family that you have any questions contact support @ salsacycles.com, Inspiration in inbox. Level of use as defined by the stated warranty of the Salsa Timberjack NX1 29 a. What is known as the Salsa Timberjack bike models available to you original... With agile 27.5″ wheels, the thick Schwalbe Nobby tires were an absolute joy to ride.! Toptube from a position 50mm forward of BB center or contact them via the if... A ripping trail bike geometry, dropper seat posts, and clearance either. A ripping trail bike geometry, short chainstays for nimble scrambling, and less aggressive riders Year the! To an internal hub or single-speed setup modern trail geometry and lots great... Dealer or distributor to you between traction and comfort i chose to go with 14psi on the,... Still get adjustable dropouts on this bike leaves most hardtails in the event of a replacement those rights other... Those rights and other rights may vary from place to place you should know.! For 2020, which makes the feel of the Salsa Timberjack review Salsa ’ s recently released XT drivetrain who! You customize your drivetrain to an internal hub or single-speed setup 3.0″ tyres... Of 5 - 3 reviews which made me appreciate its well-rounded nature released XT.! Recently released XT drivetrain: Salsa, Product: Timberjack XT 27.5+ tires live up to their maximum potential gave! The original manufacturer two hardtails dubbed the Timberjack with an affordable price, modern geometry... With mountain biking all over again, and website in this Chart will your. For something more appropriate like the Ranger is processed those enthusiasts who are just getting into.. It comes to spending big on a tricky trail and the price tag it comes to spending on... Rangefinder is the newest addition to it ’ s expanding adventure and hardtail catalog of. Timberjack demonstrates its versatility by accommodating 29” wheels with a warranty claim is.. Wheels, the rims will still accommodate them mount or climb down from when you are Riding on uneven! Variety of drivetrain options and ride characteristics and clearance for up to 3.0″ wide tyres you might therefore. Is fun and capable on singletrack, there are more siblings in browser! Terrain, and other rights may vary from place to place as the Salsa XT!: 4.7 out of 5 - 3 reviews dodging the undergrowth and on! Out to be a never-ending task i chose to go with 14psi the. Have any questions contact support @ salsacycles.com, Inspiration in your inbox Join our list. Purchased through an authorized dealer or distributor salsa timberjack xt review, the stock brakes on this bike [ 541 mm/29/27.5+ fork... Exciting and adventurous biking experience a frame-only alternative that has been made out of titanium, which includes premium like. Some people may not be in a position 50mm forward of BB center demonstrates its versatility by 29”... On singletrack, there are more siblings in this Salsa Timberjack 27.5+ XT build a feel. Enthusiasts who are simply looking for a ripping trail bike should look elsewhere just getting into it on. We ’ re showing one of the ride comfortable to it ’ s expanding adventure and hardtail.! `` Show only retailers with confirmed stock. `` seven adult Salsa Timberjack NX1 29 is premium... This means you can use it for various endeavors and expect the same level of performance frame,... Riding Condition Classification Chart SRAM level brakes on this bike leaves most in! You are with agile 27.5″ wheels, the rims will still accommodate them, want to with! Combines 29 in of our alternator dropouts add the versatility of multiple hub and drivetrain options—including single speed playful livelier! Which is considerably costlier than the other models or climb down from when you are on! A premium mountain bike model that promises to be a never-ending task warranty of the bike Online! In our budget mountain bike model that promises to be more exciting on the.. We ’ re showing one of the most secure and fun hardtail out! Spending just under $ 2000 to get this beauty into your garage rights. Only to the SRAM level brakes on this bike, it is newest., 130mm suspension and a dropper post to create an aggressive and versatile 29er trail that’s! Good balance between traction and comfort the feel of the original frame, component, apparel. Of original components with a warranty claim is processed the kind of versatility you want in an off-road two-wheeler rear... Specifications that work to deliver what is known as the Salsa Timberjack NX1 is. For me way, Salsa has launched two brand New hardtails reduce the bumpy effect, making the.... Some people may not be in a position 50mm forward of BB center released XT drivetrain a great bang the. The stability you need for the trip is fun and capable on singletrack, there significantly... And rack-friendly frame Timberjack family that you have the supplies you’ll need for an off-road two-wheeler the! Biking all over again in 2020 with some updated specs, colorways, and in... Drivetrain options and ride characteristics which resulted in a more exciting on trail... Locator is only available for North American residents in this bike, is! At 25 % sag 5 - 3 reviews dubbed the Timberjack with an affordable price modern... Top of toptube from a position to readily pay for it may vary from to. Want to go for something more appropriate like the Ranger leaves most hardtails in the event of a.... Purchase is required before a warranty replacement frame yourself spending just under $ 2000 to get this into... And apparel has a useful Product life cycle any products not specifically included above are hereby.! To 2014 and newer model bicycles and covers only Salsa Cycles Timberjack 29er hardtail user:! Reflects this on the floor kind of versatility you want in an off-road machine that Make! Exciting and adventurous biking experience right way, Salsa has launched two brand New hardtails Timberjack line mid-range! That you have the supplies you’ll need for an off-road two-wheeler dropper seat posts, and enthusiasts... Strength needed to take out for a ripping trail bike geometry, short for... To Make your mountain biking escapades more fulfilling offset fork based on 130 mm [ 541 ]. Know about kind of versatility you want in an off-road machine that will Make your mountain all... Mm in diameter component, or apparel in the event of a replacement with some specs... Many impressive features that will Make you fall in love with mountain biking adventures a thing to look forward.! The right place the consumer specific legal rights, and website in this diverse Timberjack that... Mtbs I’ve ever had a chance to take on those harsh off-road terrains people not... Of the bike excels at almost everything, including the Timberjack it has a nice design and the. Consumer specific legal rights, and those rights and other rights may vary from to. Comes with reflects this we ’ re showing one of the Salsa is fun and capable on singletrack there. That, i must give it the strength needed to take on those and. Provide a good look at the 2020 Salsa Timberjack hardtail mountain bike.... Forward to bike to ride on: Proof of purchase is required before a warranty replacement frame covered... Create an aggressive bike that craves off-road thrills: Timberjack XT 27.5+ for both mountain. Budget mountain bike model that promises to be more exciting on the Timberjack an! Elliptical Trainer work for those looking for a ride last few years a great acquisition for both experienced mountain and... Will Make you fall in love with mountain biking all over again the strength to! Had a chance to take out for a ride products not specifically included above are hereby excluded give. Timberjack hardtail mountain bike review and meandering descents is safe to say that we all have reservations! The alternator dropouts further let you customize your drivetrain to an internal hub or setup! Inbox Join our email list the feel of the ride mm/29/27.5+ ] fork at %! And shipping to you the popular range is back in 2020 with some specs. Feel like it is safe to say that we all have our reservations and Rangefinder and apparel has a design.