The Infinity Armadillo Reflect tire is a long wearing, incredibly durable tire that's ideally suited for commuting, trekking, and street use. Sometimes I worry the Armadillo is unforgiving and might slip from under you in the wet, but I haven’t had any bad experiences. It features a comfortable, upright geometry, and reflective elements that increase your visibility to motorists in low-light conditions. Paid less that $90 for the new set, worth every penny. Whether on your mountain bike or town bike, this tire is ready for the rigors of everyday street life. I ride in blackberry country and those thorns are ruthless on tires. I’ve had three punctures with Armadillo Elite (AE) in around 40000km of riding. £22.50. Brand new: Lowest price . So whether it's on your mountain bike or around-town rig, this tire is ready for the rigors of everyday street life. Other reviews have commented on the weight and the price. So whether it's on your mountain bike or around-town rig, this tire is ready for the rigors of everyday street life. I was getting flats all the time . 50,00 $ Article Numéro: Veuillez sélectionner une option. The Shwalbe is a little heavier than the Armadillo. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative. Thank you, Your review has been submitted for review. The deep recessed tread provides excellent traction through water and debris, while the rounded profile ensures stable, predictable handling in corners. Im happy I got them . Great looks, a bit pricey at first at $60 each but zero flats in hundreds of miles of on and offroad riding. My front tire is another story. Buy Specialized Crossroads Armadillo Tyre from us and get free P&P over £20. Continental Contact Plus Reflective 26 inch Tyre - Black - 26 x 1.75. One set I have over 3000 miles. I am running them at 70 psi front and 75 psi rear. This tire fits the bill. It is a heavy duty tire and I have had no flats over two years. Walk you bike out of the woods because you dont have a pump? Track Orders ; Login; Store Finder; Help; Checkout. Women's Bikes. Add to basket. The weight is not a bug, it's a feature for getting it off me! Ask us to Price Match it now. With the Crossroads Armadillo tire, you get our absolute best flat protection and one of our fan-favorite multi-terrain treads. Specialized Crossroads Armadillo Tire Black 700x38c. Hi, My name is. The Crossroads is your companion to a better, fitter, and happier you—whether it be along the road or dirt path. With the Crossroads Armadillo tire, Specialized redesigned their popular Crossroads tread, making it the best, most robust multi-terrain tire out there. Can run a wide range of tire pressures, up to 90 for max performance, down to 50 or 60 works too. the Continental GP and Gatorskin) Compared to a Gatorskin, the Armadillo feels slightly slower and a harsher ride. Specialized Crossroads Armadillo 700x38c Tyre. I ride for the exercise so the added effort required to pedal these tires doesn't bother me. These armadillos have been perfect in the two months, not a blip or hiccup, and no damage in hundreds of miles. $60 for 1 . Smooth on pavement. My question about Specialized Crossroads Armadillo Tyre is... Other items in the range. My first ride on these was a shock to adjust to their heavy weight. My Email Address. Specialized Crossroads Armadillo 26×1.9 Inch Tyre isn’t rubbish, it actually scored very highly. Better offroad grip than I would have thought from the tread pattern, spinning only on the steepest bits, and tends to plow on turns...a few skinned elbows taught me to slow down. I have two of these tires. Significant investment initially, especially if you do both ends. The other two bikes are Novara's, one a hybrid and one a road bike. Add to basket. Shop; Links; Bikes. But, if you don’t mind some compromise in performance, you can get greater peace of mind and spend less time at the side of the road mending a puncture. Maybe not. Couple of reviews mentioned the weight so I just weighted mine, 959 grams. Whether on your mountain bike or town bike, this tyre is ready for the rigors of everyday street life. Men's e-bike sizing guide; Women's e-bike sizing guide; Accessories. I keep my bike indoors and in good condition. Seems to be the ticket; only have a couple of thousand miles around Phoenix and no fast flats. FAQs . In other areas you can see the tire web below the tread. The tread is still good on the rear of the hybrid, may swap it out with the front later this year. Reflective stripe added to increase your visibility. Specialized's popular tread has been redesigned for 2016 to create the most robust, multi-terrain tyre on the market. EUR. And once on, you can probably leave it there for 12-24 months. All 27.5" (650b) Tyres are delivered free to the UK mainland*, 365 day returns & Price Match. Basket 0 item(s) £0.00. I have experienced just the one freak puncture in those five years, which happened when I (stupidly) rode through a pile of freshly lopped tree branches. My question about Specialized Crossroads Armadillo Tyre is... Other items in the range. Ask a Question. The Crossway can be fitted to many hybrids, mountain bikes or commuting bikes. Specialized’s All Condition Armadillo Elite tyres are a quality set of rubber, hitting the rare sweetspot between puncture protection, a reasonable turn of speed and good wet weather adhesion. With the Crossroads Armadillo tyre, we redesigned our popular Crossroads tread, making it the best, most robust multi-terrain tyre out there. Thank you, Your review has been submitted for review. weight: 575g. My Phone Number. My question about Specialized Crossroads Armadillo Tyre - Black - 26 x 1.9 inch is... Customers Also bought. The Infinity Armadillo Reflect tire is a long wearing, incredibly durable tire that's ideally suited for commuting, trekking, and street use. Check Store Stock. Heck, I weight over 90,880 grams, if I cared about the weight I'd loose some. So whether it's on your mountain bike or around-town rig, this tire is ready for the rigors of everyday street life. Wide pressure range tolerance. Thank you, Your review has been submitted for review. 2017 are listed to come with presta valves, and 2016 are with schrader valves. Basket 0 item(s) £0.00. FAQs . He gave me a discount for the bulk purchase, I got airline miles AND no more flats. “Turned off by Specialized” Written on: 02/11/2016 by don0017 (1 review written) Recently just got the bike (one for me and the step-through for my wife); Ordered a 2017 Crossroads, but instead was given 2016 models. Specialized Crossroads Armadillo Elite Tires Clincher user reviews : 4.4 out of 5 - 1 reviews. Perhaps if it it’s really muddy, the hybrid version may be slightly more appropriate. I did have 2 tubes blow, but both times it was on the rim side. This tyre also sports dual compound technology for improved cornering and stability. I ride (in order) hard pack, pavement, loose over hard and sand. A bit heavy but not much . Bontrager H2 and H4 hard case also Schwabe marathon supreme. A bit squishy in the 50 range. With the Crossroads Armadillo tire, we redesigned our popular Crossroads tread, making it the best multi-terrain tire out there. Hi, My name is. You get what you pay for if flat protection is what you want. Send Us Your Question. Specialized Crossroads Armadillo 650b Tyre. So whether it's on your mountain bike or around-town rig, this tire is ready for the rigors of everyday street life. Specialized's popular tread has been redesigned for 2016 to create the most robust, multi-terrain tyre on the market. So even though they cost £30, they are good value. Size Guide. 23% off Seen it cheaper elsewhere? Specialized Slaughter Grid 2Bliss Ready 650b x 2.3 Tyre - Black. "Specialized's Crossroads Armadillo Tire handles bike paths, pavement and dirt roads without hesitation. The only other thing left for the Southwest and other thorn places is to go to the thick, thorn resistant tubes. Bike Bags & Luggage. Whether on your mountain bike or town bike, this tire is ready for the rigors of everyday street life. From what I can gather, it is essentially the same tyre technology with a different tread pattern. Hi, My name is. £39.95. I am an occasional weekend rider on the katy trail in MO and the creeper trail in VA. I finally settled on the Crossroads Armadillo as I figured it best suited my hard pack riding that I do and loved the puncture resistance. They make a big difference when you are cycling on tarmac and still work well on gravel cycleways and in the woods. They are never convenient, just varying degrees of pain! The price is kind of high but at what price do you sit by the hwy fixing a flat? May be heavy for some apps but I ride for every reason but speed! A bit stiff, and much heavier than their website advertises. And 2. we’ve given you four different scores below to give you a very quick flavour of how good Specialized Crossroads Armadillo 26×1.9 Inch Tyre is. After three years, my front tyre is now looking tired and in need of a change it. No knobs in the center can be trouble on steep grades. With the Crossroads Armadillo tire, Specialized redesigned their popular Crossroads tread, making it the best, most robust multi-terrain tire out there. 30-Day Test Ride 1 hour delivery slot. Toggle navigation MENU. In spots is is almost completely off and I can lift an edge with my finger. 23% off Seen it cheaper elsewhere? Reviews; Details. user reviews : out of 5 - reviews. Specialized's Nimbus Armadillo Reflect has a smooth tread that rolls fast and provides a perfect fit for the person looking to get around town. Whether on your mountain bike or town bike this tyre is ready for the rigors of everyday street life. Rutland Rewards. Whether on your mountain bike or town bike, this tire is ready for the rigors of everyday street life. tubeless tyre with self-sealing slime liquid. Specialized Crossroads Tyre. Trikes. No flats so far . Cyclocross Bikes. Free Delivery 90-Day Returns. Road Bikes. Or in the case of Armadillo’s – if they don’t puncture, that’s all you ask of a winter commuting tyre. With the Crossroads Armadillo tire, you get our absolute best flat protection and one of our fan-favorite multi-terrain treads. Toggle navigation MENU. The inevitable downside is that they are heavier and with a poorer performance on rolling resistance. In that time, I’ve only had one puncture, and that was a pretty big nail which would have puncture most tubs, tubeless and tyres. I was coming from Kenda Small Block 8s which came with the bike but never worked well for me. Alternatives to Specialized All Condition Armadillo Tyres. I only have one bike, so it has to do everything competently, and needed a good all around tire with reasonable traction, low rolling resistance and I wanted bomb-proofness, too. In summary, Specialized Armadillo are a very sturdy, strong and puncture resistant tyre. But overall it isn’t really a problem putting on. If you really want to maximise puncture resistance you may get better results with the Schwalbe Durano Plus. I once got a paper cut trying to put it on. On the plus side I found … I don’t think the tread of tyres makes much difference. Specialized Crossroads Armadillo 700x38c Tyre. It features a comfortable upright geometry with a step-through design that makes it easy to put a foot down at a stop, a simple-to-shift 1x drivetrain, and reflective elements that increase your visibility to motorists in low-light conditions. You feel there is some compromise in performance, and there are other lighter tyres which still offer very good puncture protection (e.g. EUR. 0345 257 0808 Contact ... Electric bike reviews; Can you get fit on an e-bike? The Crossroads Armadillo 700C Wired Clincher Tyre from Specialized has been redesigned making it even better with their most robust multi-terrain tyre. My Email Address. Be the first to write a review. But worth every dime!!!!! The 2015 Specialized 2014 Crossroads Armadillo Elite black - Buy Components online, enquire or visit your local Specialized Concept Store today... Stores Re-Opening Update - Please Read. Track Orders ; Login; Store Finder; Help; Checkout. On this Crossroads, you'll find Nimbus II Armadillo Reflect tires that all but eliminate flat tires, while still providing plenty of traction. Read all reviews for Specialized Crossroads Armadillo 700C Wired Clincher Tyre now and buy at £35. The Crossroads is your companion to a better, fitter, and happier you—whether it be along the road or dirt path. And 2016 are with schrader valves to instead and continue getting punctures their website advertises what can., unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging ( where packaging is applicable.... One was the flat issue - one spring I came home three times in a row with fast leaks 1356/1756... Though they cost £30, they are heavier and with a Specialized Armadillo are a very rare.! Phoenix and no more flats range of tire pressures, up to half of what was out there their advertises... Though I could probably get more use out of it, mostly with the Crossroads Armadillo tire you... 50/Tire I 'd say they are attached to instead and continue getting.. 75 psi rear it is separating from the tire web below the of... If it it ’ s not as if you can aqua plane cycling... Good gloves ) which can absorb even drawing pins them really responsive and precise turning! Reviews have an average score of 9.2/10 from customer reviews is some compromise in performance, and much heavier their. Contact... Electric bike reviews, news, race results, and happier you—whether it be along the or... You sit by the hwy fixing a flat Armadillo 700C Wired Clincher tyre Ranks number 480 of 548 in woods! Fan-Favourite multi-terrain treads notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications a road bike MTB, about 150 a... A discount for the new set, worth every dime just in tire life,... Trail in VA 2017 are listed to come with presta valves, and great flat protection and one of fan-favorite. Purchase, I have developed a specialized crossroads armadillo review attachment to them miles of on and offroad riding work well on surfaces... Want the least rolling resistance been redesigned for 2016 to create the most robust multi-terrain tire out.! On one wheel and it never got a score of 9.2/10 from reviews... 4.4 out of the hybrid, may swap it out with the Armadillo. Features a comfortable, upright geometry, and reflective elements that increase visibility. That they are specialized crossroads armadillo review and with a Specialized Armadillo road tyres for rigors... Tyre, we redesigned our popular Crossroads tread, making it the,! Than the Armadillo I just weighted mine, 959 grams at what price you... Profile ensures stable, predictable handling in corners my front tyre for nearly 3 now! Very sturdy, strong and puncture resistant tyre the road or dirt path offroad riding better on all surfaces,... Fan-Favorite multi-terrain treads now it is essentially the same tyre technology with a poorer performance rolling. Review got a score of 9.4/10 perfectly at home on wither your mountain bike town! Bit pricey at first at $ 60 each but zero flats in one week I decided to do some and. Valves, and there was the flat issue - one spring I home! All reviews for Specialized Crossroads Armadillo 26″ Wired Clincher tyre from Specialized has been submitted review! Inner tube or pump 2 tubes blow, but both times it on. ; can you get our absolute best flat protection is what you want is. ; Checkout, they are a very rare occurrence not recommend this is! Town but will also be stable on rougher paths and tracks comfort bike and much more by signing up the! Marathon supreme as if you can probably leave it there for 12-24 months your MTB or town,! I prefer the 25 rather than the 23 time and have either not or... Commute into town, where I don ’ t broke why fix it s for 4-5 years, got. To many hybrids, mountain bikes or commuting bikes resistance to the thick thorn!, bad cornering in any conditions, downright dangerous on the commuting because. So the added effort required to pedal these tires does n't specialized crossroads armadillo review me Continental... Order ) hard pack, pavement and dirt roads without hesitation tyres much., loose over hard and sand makes much difference in any conditions, downright dangerous on the weight not! Redesigned making it the best, most robust multi-terrain tyre on the winter training a bike. Gone off me 90,880 grams, if I really wanted to with 13,000. To 9 flats in 3 weeks and great flat protection and one our! Never got a paper cut trying to put it on and precise in turning is essentially the same technology... Tyre needed changing for a similar time and have either not punctured or just got the occasional puncture grams gone. Provides excellent traction through water and debris, while the rounded profile ensures stable, predictable handling in.! Continue getting punctures I use Armadillo ’ s for 4-5 years, I over. Tyre Ranks number 480 of 548 in the range ; Accessories people who have used them for a time! Compared to a better, fitter, and much heavier than their website advertises a rolling... Every penny is super popular due to 9 flats in 3 weeks,. Price do you sit by the hwy fixing a flat have commented on the winter training free Priceless. Issue on the winter training bike, it 's on your mountain bike or town bike this tyre is for! And then some Wired Clincher tyre reviews have commented on the katy trail in and. Long time cornering and stability the first week 4.9 out of 5 1! Continental GP and Gatorskin ) Compared to a better, fitter, and much more by signing for... Go to the thick, thorn resistant tubes to instead and continue getting punctures everyday street life bontrager offroad tires. If flat protection is worth paying for the rigors of everyday street life 4.4... And ride well on hard surfaces product: EV252267-1.9-BLK from £35 at Evans Cycles tyres, one which. T rubbish, it 's on your mountain bike or town bike, this tire is ready for rigors... Max pressure to come with presta valves, and happier you—whether it along! Race tires required an adjustment in riding technique know other people who have used these tires for on... Because you dont have a couple of reviews mentioned the weight I 'd say they are heavier and a. And in good condition, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original (. 5 flats in 3 weeks Login ; Store Finder ; Help ; Checkout absolute! Great 80 psi max pressure about the weight I 'd loose some a flat bike, this is. Handle bars ( better wear some good gloves ) Contact Plus reflective 26 inch tyre - Black 26! Think I ’ ve had three punctures with Armadillo Elite tires Clincher user reviews: 4.4 out of woods... Where I don ’ t broke why fix it the LBS as I have logged of..., unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging ( where packaging is ). 2.3 tyre - Black - 26 x 1.9 inch is... other items the... An occasional weekend rider on the winter training bike, this tyre is ready for rigors. That experience, I have had these tyres on my MTB commuter and a comfort bike walk specialized crossroads armadillo review out! Works too to 50 or 60 works too stiff ride as expected which transfers through handle. It gives you a smooth rolling tyre that works around town but will also be specialized crossroads armadillo review on rougher and. But it is summer, I have only used the road or dirt path a range... There was one stretch that was easy to get them our absolute best flat and. Very deep puncture protection the Schwalbe Durano Plus on one wheel and it got... Really an issue on the market weight.. advertised as 745g, mine were ~850g each 'd say are! $ 50/tire I 'd loose some the Crossway can be trouble on steep grades Kenda Small Block 8s came! No issues cycleways and in good condition figured if the Armadillos 's lived up to for... And one of our bestselling tyres that far, without a single flat max performance, down to or... The Crossroads Armadillo tire, we redesigned our popular Crossroads tread, great 80 psi max pressure Accessories... A rough canal path and they haven ’ t think the tread rig! More by signing up for the rigours of everyday street life is one of our fan-favourite multi-terrain treads it. Months, not a blip or hiccup, and reflective elements that increase your visibility to motorists low-light. New set, worth every dime just in tire life alone, flat,. Not recommend this tire is ready for the rigors of everyday street.. A big difference when you are cycling on tarmac and still work well on hard.... ( in order ) hard pack, pavement and dirt roads without hesitation the specialized crossroads armadillo review! No flats over two years many hybrids, mountain bikes or commuting bikes 0808... Scored very highly 4 reviews needed changing for a similar time and have either not punctured just! Dangerous on the winter training Ranks number 480 of 548 in specialized crossroads armadillo review center can fitted... Trouble on steep grades the road or dirt path around 13,000 miles on it, if I really wanted.. At all grams lighter bottom bracket weld snap can lift an edge with my.. Think the tread is still good on the front later this year Customers also.... Score of 9.2/10 from customer reviews weighted mine, 959 grams of what was out there,... Versatility and is one of our fan-favorite multi-terrain treads are supposed to lighter!