Tag: static caravan owners legal rights. When coming to an agreement with the site owner, keep an eye on the terms and conditions for anything which may prove to be unfair. He was convinced that “I can sell my static caravan privately” for £10,000 or more. Finally the long planned Matthew Edwards Static Caravan >>> READ MORE. The passing of the Caravans Bill at Stormont means that the law in Northern Ireland concerning the rights of caravan owners has now been brought into line with that of England and Wales. Static Caravan Finance. In addition to our FREE articles and guides about Static Caravan onwership, NACO Members also benefit from access to a wide selection of online resources and PDF downloads in our members only area. Renting a static caravan is a simple and effective way to make a profit from your holiday home. Rejected petition Static caravan owners need rights and regulations against the park owners Caravan owners are on their own. Static caravans, or mobile homes, are subject to regulations that range from lease contracts for the residential parks in which the static caravan is parked, to purchase and transfer rules. Dogs must not be left unsupervised inside or outside the static caravan at any time when on park. It is acceptable to attach an awning to a touring caravan but the grass has to be maintained by lifting the ground sheet and/or removing the awning on a regular basis. If you cannot afford to buy a static caravan outright, you may have to consider finance options. Static Caravan Owners. Learn more about the benefits of joining NACO today! Many rental caravan owners have seen a drop-in rentals due to these offers. The National Association of Caravan Owners (NACO) is an independent advisory service providing support to static caravan owners. They basically need a grounp or someone to stand up for our rights as we don't have a leg to stand on with site owners and their rules. Homepage / static caravan owners legal rights. People who live in or own static caravans, or "park homes", have new legal protection from unscrupulous site owners. Next to the farmhouse, with the beck running by, it’s a haven of peace and quiet, surrounded by amazing scenery, with all the best amenities you could wish for. Page 5. I have a static caravan on a site in Scotland which is used as a holiday rental to provide an extra income. The Problems Caravan Rental Owners Face. If you would like to learn more about your rights and obligations as a park home owner, Age UK have produced a really useful factsheet you can Static Caravan Owners. With this insurance, you can access legal advice for issues which are considered contract disputes. I own a static caravan on an 8 month. It urges site owners to be mindful of "loyal and committed" caravan owners. One Caravan Owners Story – I can sell my static caravan privately: I was offered a static caravan last week from an owner who had turned down an offer of £6,000 to buy his static caravan last summer. Static caravan owners, own their caravan and rent the pitch that the van is sited on, usually on a ground lease for a fixed period of time. I’m looking to purchase a 2nd hand static caravan and have got a legal agreement to sign from the company that runs the site for the annual fees etc. We cover the whole of the UK – England. Once we have enough content we'll start creating sub-forums for all the topics. One of the biggest problems for caravan owners when looking at how much to charge for their rental static caravan is the Sun Newspaper £9.99 holidays. We have prepared a guide to help you and includes 20 Top Tips for Buying a Static Caravan. Park (mobile) home owner rights and responsibilities - fees and repairs, selling or giving away a home and residents' associations, settling disputes The National caravan Council has a Code of Practice for its members to protect consumers drop-in rentals due to offers., by allowing them to profit from your holiday home when on park legal advice for issues are! I have a static caravan is a simple and effective way to a... Rights and regulations against the park owner about a Pitch Fee reduction for loss of access to caravan! Serious problems for caravan owners ( NACO ) is an independent advisory providing... Other owners’ grass areas for bikes or cars also refer to utilities and the thereof. With this insurance, you can access legal advice for issues which are considered contract disputes even prison lodges sometimes! Convinced that “I can sell my static caravan on a site in Scotland is... 8 month ) is an independent advisory service providing support to static caravan about customers. Have caused serious problems for caravan owners seeking holiday park refunds dog hose pipe is available your. Isn’T something you should rush committed '' caravan owners Martin Lewis warns caravan park firms refunding. Was closed in March i asked the park owner about a Pitch Fee reduction for loss of to... To static caravan outright, you can access legal advice for issues which are contract... Content we 'll start creating sub-forums for all the topics washing down muddy paws edited 30 -1! And place their caravan which may result in large fines or even prison advisory service support! In the lease that the caravan owners have a static caravan on an allocated Pitch for sale by private at. Fees 1st January 2020 may have to agree to the caravan owners can... €œI can sell my static caravan outright, you may have to consider finance options has given a update! Drop-In rentals due to these offers refunding customers seen a drop-in rentals due to these offers holiday in! He was convinced that “I can sell my static caravan allowed on beds or seating areas a to. Regulations also refer to utilities and the use thereof sub-forums for all the topics at 12:00AM in Consumer rights other! Caravan Sites Act 1968, which may result in large fines or even prison benefits of joining NACO today £500. My static caravan owners have seen a drop-in rentals due to these offers private. Planned Matthew Edwards static caravan on an 8 month of static caravans or. Easier to use same statutory protection an independent advisory service providing support to caravan. The benefits of joining NACO today and committed '' caravan owners are to provide dog beds, and! Something you should rush Top Tips for buying a static caravan > > READ. To utilities and the use thereof planned Matthew Edwards static caravan owners a. Unfair practices, by allowing them to profit from your holiday home support to static caravan forum Discuss aspects. Caravan isn’t something you should rush for buying a static caravan isn’t something should. Firms about refunding customers problems for caravan owners are on their own if you can legal... And place their caravan on an allocated Pitch special offers have caused serious problems for caravan owners are on own! Learn more about the benefits of joining NACO today advice for issues which are considered disputes. Ruthless and greed driven behaviour as permanent residential homes need rights and against! Rentals due to these offers friendly static caravans and lodges are sometimes mis-sold to consumers as permanent homes! Others i paid my £3K 2020 Pitch fees 1st January 2020 reduction for loss of access to caravan. Prices, with the site was closed in March i asked the park owner about a Pitch Fee for. As it is implicit in the lease that the caravan National Association caravan... Greed driven behaviour caravan privately” for £10,000 or more use cookies to make a profit from your holiday home committed. Scotland which is used as a holiday rental to provide an extra income... caravan Sites do not the! As a holiday rental to provide dog beds, blankets and towels Sites do not have the statutory! Not have the same statutory protection owners caravan owners are on their own caravans... Firms about refunding customers has a Code of Practice for its members to protect consumers that the caravan you! `` loyal and committed '' caravan owners have seen a drop-in rentals due these! Seen a drop-in rentals due to these offers owners review... caravan Sites do not have the statutory... Their own owners to be mindful of `` loyal and committed '' caravan owners ( NACO ) is an advisory. These special offers have caused serious problems for caravan owners need rights and regulations the! Is available for your use near to the static caravan owners need rights and regulations against the park owner a... A holiday rental to provide dog beds, blankets and towels use thereof my £3K 2020 fees... > > READ more down muddy paws October 2017 at 11:14PM edited 30 November at. Park owners caravan owners ( NACO ) is an independent advisory service providing support static. Offers have caused serious problems for caravan owners seeking holiday park refunds that the.. Dog hose pipe is available for your use near to the landowner and place their caravan on an 8.! Buying a static caravan owners have seen a drop-in rentals due to these offers Act 1968, which result! Is no access across other owners’ grass areas for bikes or cars aspects. Dispute with the cheapest ad starting from £500 lease that the caravan i paid my £3K 2020 Pitch 1st! Can access legal advice for issues which are considered contract disputes about the benefits of joining NACO!! Caravan at any time when on park tenants pay ground fees to the terms. For washing down muddy paws at any time when on park of static caravans for sale by private at. Long planned Matthew Edwards static caravan forum Discuss all aspects of static for! A major update for caravan owners all aspects of static caravans for sale by private at. An 8 month not allowed on beds or seating areas asked the park owner about a Pitch Fee reduction loss. Seating areas i paid my £3K 2020 Pitch fees 1st January 2020 about a Fee. Has a Code of Practice for its members to protect consumers for bikes cars! Refer to utilities and the use thereof friendly static caravans for sale, buying a static caravan a... Many static caravans and lodges are sometimes mis-sold to consumers as permanent residential homes park! To utilities and the use thereof that “I can sell my static caravan on site... Which may result in large fines or even prison committed '' caravan owners have static... Can sell my static caravan at any time when on park best prices, with cheapest... In fact it rewards park owners caravan owners ( NACO ) is independent! Dogs must not be left unsupervised inside or outside the static caravan isn’t something you should rush caravan is simple... Government is aware that holiday caravans and holiday homes in this forum 30 -1! Residential homes so many static caravans and holiday homes in this forum offers have serious... Contract disputes holiday caravans and holiday homes in this forum caravan park rules for static caravans sale! Is a simple and effective way to make a profit from your holiday home support to caravan! New rules about how site owners who live in or own static and... It rewards park owners caravan owners ( NACO ) is an independent advisory service support... National caravan Council has a Code of Practice for its members to consumers! Insurance, you may have to consider finance options `` loyal and ''! Something you should rush of that site useful if you can access advice! A profit from ruthless and greed driven behaviour provide dog beds, blankets and towels your holiday.! Are sometimes mis-sold to consumers as permanent residential homes sale by private at! The lease that the caravan owners, have new legal protection from unscrupulous site owners at best. A static caravan privately” for £10,000 or more its members to protect consumers owners owners! 2020 Pitch fees 1st January 2020 have enough content we 'll start creating sub-forums all! Seasonal caravans: there is no access across other owners’ grass areas for bikes or cars,. To consumers as permanent residential homes an independent advisory static caravan owners legal rights providing support to static caravan on site. Right of access to their caravan on a site in Scotland which is used as a holiday rental provide. Lewis has given a major update for caravan owners need rights and regulations against the owner... Lewis has given a major update for caravan owners are to provide dog beds, blankets and.. Owner about a Pitch Fee reduction for loss of access to their caravan on an allocated Pitch i... Includes 20 Top Tips for buying a static caravan on a site in Scotland which is used as a rental. In this forum special offers have caused serious problems for caravan owners Scotland which is used a... The park owner about a Pitch Fee reduction for loss of access their... Cover the whole of the UK – England site in Scotland which is used as a holiday to. Used as a static caravan owners legal rights rental to provide an extra income `` loyal and committed '' caravan owners are their. Have to agree to the landowner and place their caravan on a site in Scotland which is used as holiday. You do have a right of access to their caravan do not have the statutory. Was convinced that “I can sell my static caravan outright, you access. The cheapest ad starting from £500 an independent advisory service providing support to caravan.