Hi W8post, Thank you for the very nice comments, I sincerely appreciate them. I'm Kellie and I LOVE food! This is my first foray into canning by myself, I always helped my mom when I was young. The jars need to be covered by about 2 inches of water at all times. How to make award winning blueberry jam: Smash your berries lightly using the back of a wooden spoon or potato masher. I prefer to use these wooden skewers for that task. I added a Tablespoon of freshly squeezed Lemon Juice to the batch. After canning a few items, you’ll find your own little way of doing things that will work best for you. They will keep for several months in the refrigerator, if not even longer. I made your peach butter, bread and butter pickles and cinnamon pickles last summer. You’ll probably need more sugar. Can I substitute honey for sugar? Best wishes on your adventures. I have added a jar lifter and measuring tool to my arsenal and got pint jars this time around. I found this recipe to be so easy and helpful. You have a wonderful site. I will be giving it a try for sure. I’d suggest you seek out some more information before remaking it though. I would add check the ring tightness before and after water bath. Using the jar lifter again, remove the jars from the canner. This is my first time making blueberry jam and I can’t wait to try your recipe. My jam did not set, and I added some pectin to help it along, boiling hard for 1 minute after stirring it in. And, be sure to visit with us again… real soon. I was a bit short on this one and just took a Tablespoon and added a bit more until I had the proper amount in the jar. I get mine at a place not too far from home called Blueberry Hill U-Pick. If too ripe, the … Will that work? I am a beginner canner, having started last summer, but I love it! I highly suggest that you look for some classes in your area on canning. Trust me on that one. Shona D. Hi Shona, Pectin is not required to make jam. It sounds like you cooked it a bit too long. The blueberries begin to burst and bubble and turn all sticky, jammy and sweet. This year seems to be a good one for blueberries – I’ve got blueberry wine, blueberry port and blueberry mead to get started on after this jam. Be Blessed!!! Could you give an approximate time, like 20-30 minutes? Blueberry Jam Recipe:  You’ll need these ingredients. I just want to thank you for that great recipe for Blueberry Jam. It can get a bit daunting the first time or so around when everything starts needing to be done all at one time it seems. We don’t make the canned blueberry dumplings anymore because with today’s advanced refrigeration, it is no longer necessary to “can” to preserve food. All the comments are moderated so it may take a day or so for your comments to appear. Having said that, I have never made any with just honey but I understand it is pretty tasty and works pretty good. It worked out perfectly and taste great I will use it again. This neat little tool, that hard to see blue thing up there….has sections measured off to check the headspace. I hope you can work it out. Use them again for stuff you are NOT canning. Don’t give up. Just finished up a vidalia onion canning binge – 2 different kinds of pickled vidalias and balsamic onion jam. -Steve PS: Thanks for your question and keep up your canning adventures. What is that delightful baked good shown with the jam? I tried a little different variations, I used 1 cup raw honey and 2 1/2 cups sugar and added the zest of 2 lemons. I am toying with the idea of strawberry and blueberry jam as well…Fingers crossed!! Making blueberry jam from scratch is a perfect way to preserve the taste of this sweet and tangy summer fruit. Blueberries are so good for your health. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. There’s more information available than what we have given here. It was easy to make and gelled nicely. If your jam doesn’t set, it could possibly be processed again and given a second chance of doing what it’s suppose to do. Work out as many bubbles as you can see. Lots of fun though. Be Blessed!!! Not as loose as a sauce but not so firm a spoon sticks up out of the jar. Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe I enjoy it with my morning bagel. Can this recipe be used for seedless Blackberry Jam? I have always wanted to learn how to can my own foods with a water-bath canner and a pressure canner. Do visit with us again… real soon. –Steve, Your email address will not be published. Hi Heidi, Thank you for your comments. Do drop by and visit with us again… real soon. Then, I used this potato masher to mash them up a bit. Properly sealed jars should be stored in a cool dark place. If you’re like me however, a little more SPACE in the kitchen would be very nice. I do hope you’ll visit with us again… real soon. I’ve been getting in the habit of spreading my sugar out in a 9×13 casserole and heating it in the oven at 250 for fifteen or twenty minutes before mixing it with the berries. Cover and refrigerate. Here are a couple of blueberry recipes I make in the summer. They come in numerous varieties from tart to sweet and are available from late May until late July or early August here in the South. Hi Clare, Thank you so much for your kind words and compliments. Hi Paulette, we run about 300ft elevation around this area, so the same as you for our recipes. -Steve. Use your magnetic wand to lift one of the lids out of the warm water. After about 20 seconds or so, pull your finger through the juice. Add the lemon juice to the sauce pan. Stir over medium heat until cornstarch dissolves. Be Blessed!!! Be Blessed!!! While making the two are very similar, I don’t see where there would be much difference in making jelly but, I’ve never made it from Blueberries. Can I still salvage this bacth? Somehow, we always seemed to forget that little part from one summer to the next. I have been picking in my backyard for weeks, this is the first time I thought of trying jam, BUT everytime I pick I have so many I put them in the freezer. Learn how your comment data is processed. For canning this blueberry jam recipe, I prefer to use Pomona’s pectin because the amount and/or type of sugar used can be easily adjusted to taste. I absolutely love giving homemade gifts for occasions and jams would be perfect! It could be due to various factors so I can’t pick out just one. 2 teaspoons Cornstarch, Combine all ingredients in medium saucepan. Maybe we can go more in depth with it one day. I suggest you search out some reliable information on the Internet for how to do that, as it’s just more than I could get into here. Once the jars are under water, let the pot come on up to a boil and boil the jars for at least 15 minutes to sterilize them. Hi Karen, Absolutely, the frozen berries will work just about as good as the fresh. https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/recipes/blueberry-jam-recipe I am giving it a shot today! Thank you Steve for such a good recipe. Careful….it’s HOT. It’s one of the things the judges look for at fairs and competitions so I try a little harder to eliminate them than most folks do I’m sure. I can’t stand to see anything go to waste, so without benefit of any canning supplies except jars and lids, I went to it. My Pantry 7/11/15 | Blessed Hope Homestead, Homemade Jam Crafted with Love | GF Life 24/7, Cassie’s Ruminations » Blog Archive » No Pectin Added Blueberry Jam, Yummy Blueberry and Lemon Zest Jam! In the future I will use less sugar if my blueeberries are sweeter than others. -Steve. You’ll need a damp cloth for this part. what a treat to have more berries than sugar and without having to use pectin. 4 cups of sugar completely covered my berries when I added it all in. The product inside is still good but the jar will need to be refrigerated and used first. Garage sales, thrift stores etc. I made the jam 2 nights ago & had so much fun I decided to make raspberry….before I had even tasted the blueberry. You’ll know not to use that lid for canning. Thank you for this wonderfully written and very descriptive recipe for blueberry jam. Liquid not thickened product has to do with sugar and cooking times. Thank you for trying our recipe and I hope you’ll visit with us often. I’ve often heard it said that it’s better to have just a taste of the real stuff as opposed to using a sugar substitute. It only takes a few seconds to get back up to a rolling boil after adding more hot water. Continue to stir the berries as they boil, don’t let them boil over. I do hope this helps. You can buy them in packs of about 100 for just about a dollar. Gently lower it over the lid and make sure that it screws on without resistance. ★☆. Do let me know if you try it and how it turns out. When we got home I went straight to the computer to find a recipe, yours was the first one I came to and so after reading it, and the follow up questions and answers, decided to make it. Steve, I have a cousin that always brings jars of blueberry and hot pepper jam to our reunion. It’s more detailed than that though. -Steve. First year for making jam and grew the blueberries myself! First off, I thought all jams and jellies need the pectin and I recall your recipe doesn’t call for pectin. I now have some blueberries that I needed a recipe for canning and is how I found you. According to http://www.blueberrycouncil.org, there are about 3 cups per pound so you have a BUNCH of berries don’t you? It’s possible to re-do the jam, but you’ll need new LIDS to reseal the jars. Most berries are sold in PINT sized containers. It only has one wire under the jar and they just don’t want to sit up correctly on that rack. Oh yeah… stick with the Dukes Mayo, you’ll never go wrong. Check for proper gel. Remove pan from heat, let cool slightly, and run berries through the coarse blade of a food mill. So, share some of your home canning experiences with us below. Thank you for stopping by today and be sure to visit with us often. This is the first time EVER, I come on a site that treats people decently. Hi Michele, Sounds like you’re having fun with that abundance of berries. Last year I halved it but still would like it looser. Mix … The loaf of bread was great, but they don’t make it themselves. I keep this on my lowest heat setting for the stove top. Hi Tiffany, I’m thankful that you have found Taste of Southern and welcome to our home on the Internet. Enjoy! Would that still turn out the same or is strawberry jam a different method? Thank you for your comments and please stop by for another visit with us… real soon. And the BEST Blueberry Jam ever made. Measure crushed berries to determine proper propotion of sugar. 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, In a small pan over medium high heat, combine blueberries, sugar and lemon juice. As the water begins to heat up in the canner, carefully add the jars to the water. As great as it smelled…once it cooled it dried into a block of purple…maybe boiled too long? I also suggest you visit your local Agriculture Extension Service for more information on canning. Sprinkle with pectin followed by the anise, nutmeg, lemon juice and vinegar. You’ll want to stir them often as they cook to prevent any sticking to the bottom and scorching. Set the jars on a towel spread over your counter top and in a location away from drafts. They are open from sun-up to sun-down Monday – Saturday and “after church” on Sundays from 1:00pm to 8:00pm. -Steve. Be Blessed!!! Thanks so much for that recipe. Use a jar lifter and remove the jars. Just wondering what your altitude is – is it between 0 & 1000? Makes 2 cups. You just need a little space on your table or counter top to set everything up. -Steve. Thanks again for the question and for your comments. Thank you so much for posting this recipe and excellent instructions! I made this jam and it was horrible! Your email address will not be published. Carefully lift the handles and the rack and lower the jars into the canner. Place your clean jars on a Silpat-lined baking sheet in the oven to warm on low heat, about 200°F. Serve right away or cover and refrigerate up to 3 days. You were blessed to receive that many of them. I didn’t have any foam on my jam at this point. Steve, The best blueberries to use for our recipe are those that are just ripe; they will have the best acidity and tannins to give the jam a more complex flavor. I’m glad to hear that you’re thinking about trying some home canning projects. Sugar- See step 6. Another process uses a Pressure Canner to can the jars under pressure. I hope this helps and I’ll look forward to a good report from you once you get going. Use some oven mitts or tongs and CAREFULLY lift the rack up and hook the handles back onto the top lip of the canner. However, you can re-do it. -Steve. Yeah…I think I had intended to do so. Properly sealed jars may be wiped clean and moved to a dark cool area for storage of up to 12 months or possibly longer. Can I shoot for less jelled phase in the plate test you mention in order to get a softer jam? I ended up using 2 cups regular granulated sugar and 2 cups packed brown sugar. It was great hearing from you again. Thank you for the question. Place berries in a large sauce pot, mash with a potato masher. Not pushing that you do it, just saying. I’ve yet to even taste a blueberry this year. I think everyone experiences one time or another if they do much canning. For the Blueberry Jam, the recommended amount of headspace is 1/4 of an inch. Hi! Hi Sushmita, You shouldn’t have any problems halving the recipe. I personally read each and every one and try to reply back as often as I can. I start by crushing the berries with a potato masher, which I think really does give the jam … BLUEBERRY SAUCE, 1 pint Blueberries, Fresh Talk about easy to make…how about only 3 ingredients to make this quick and easy jam that is just bursting with flavor. I do hope you’ll stop by again… real soon. I hope you’ll check that one out and thank you for sharing your comments. Thank you, Steve. Then, you’d run home to grab a bucket and go pick some more for mama. Be Blessed!!! You can make this a Blueberry Freezer Jam by transferring to a freezer safe container to stash away for winter. While I’ve given you the step-by-step photos of the proces, any packaged pectin you find will have recipes on making jelly. Canning and preserving may turn out to be a bit addictive though… but it’s loads of fun and something the family can enjoy year round. Do stop by for another visit… real soon. Could you add me to your newsletter list ? The recipes for with and without however, are not as simple as just leaving it out. I still seem to have “Blueberry Soup.”. You can certainly make just the filling, such as in an apple pie filling, and then use it to make your cobbler. Don’t get me wrong, i have nothing against pectin, but recipes that require pectin also require a lot of sugar. The lids and bands are placed in warm water in a smaller sauce pan. Blueberry Jam Blueberry Recipes Canning Tips Canning Recipes Jelly Recipes Jam Recipes Antipasto Canning Granny … Here, I’m using a saucer that I had placed in the freezer of my refrigerator earlier so it could get cold. I look forward to more of your recipes. Then, use a ladle or large spoon and begin filling the jar. We also love to add a fun twist to these uncrustables replacing the usual grape jelly with this Homemade Blueberry Jam recipe. I think I missed all the Strawberries this year and my favorite Blueberry picking place just started picking today. Growing up as a kid, we often would find Blueberries growing in the wild along the edge of a dirt road or out in the edge of the woods. Hi Steve, This is my second season making your blueberry jam. It’s hard to tell it from the photo but, that smaller sauce pan on the back left is where I place my bands and lids. Yeah…my 6th jar just popped! Blueberry jam doesn’t foam as much as other jams and jellies. Leave a Comment / Uncategorized. They were so delicious to just stand there and pick them off the bushes and pop them into your mouth, eating them fresh off the bush. Bring heat up and cook berries as quickly as possible. Also, whether frozen or canned, how long should it keep once opened? I do hope you’ll give the recipe a try and that it will turn out well for you. The purpose of the cold saucer is to drip a few drops of the hot liquid onto the cold surface. Of course, sometimes jams and jellies don’t always “set up” right away. Do not force. Now, you’ll need to lightly wash them. The Agriculture Extension Service in your area will probably have some and they are very reasonable to attend. Last year this blueberry jam walked away with a blue ribbon at the Oregon State Fair, and rightfully so (if I do say so myself). Even with me running back and forth from the computer to the kitchen, checking instructions, it only took about 2 hours from start to finish! You can follow along to see our other food adventures on Instagram! Be Blessed!!! Of course, we did manage to complicate the recipe just a little by adding one more ingredient. As for the cobbler. I scooped them out of the cooking pot into a 2 cup measuring cup and then poured them into another bowl. It turned out beautifully! Maybe I’ll get the chance to try it with honey if I do some. I probably have blueberry syrup now instead of jam, but it sure is delicious!! Today I am going to try your blueberry jam. Thank you for the question, I hope you’ll visit with us again… real soon. Just made a beautiful batch (5 jars) of blueberry jam. This information is the best we can provide at the date it was first presented. Maybe try a small batch or two and give it a couple of weeks to set then try another batch. Use the cloth to carefully wipe around the top outside edges of the jars and the very top rim itself. Its always a thrill to realize someone else is jumping in and trying their hand at doing some canning. Let’s Get Cooking!!! -Steve. Setup your stove for the canning process. Blueberry Hill U-Pick has 9 different varieties of berries and, they had their first small crop of Strawberries this year. Making homemade jam has been on my list for a long time and when I got my hands on 4 pounds of blueberries I immediately knew it was time to make jam. My nephew Barney and I … If it leaves a trail and doesn’t quickly run back together….your jam is ready. Hopefully it will be of good consistency after cooking a little longer, but more than likely, you’ll be good to go. It does take more time, but its just what works. I hope you’ll give our recipe a try and that it turns out good for you. Remember us when you become famous… OK? Huge thank you!! Be Blessed!!! 1/4 cup Lemon Juice, Fresh You might also want to check into some of the low sugar pectins and make it with real sugar instead. You shouldn’t have any problems using them. I’ll have another recipe for how to use those Blueberries posted very shortly. I bake them often for my family. Wash berries by swirling them in cool water. Be Blessed!!! 1 tablespoon Water Stuff happens. The time needed to do this will vary based on the amount of juice that came out of your berries and the temperature at which you’re cooking. I hope you do try it again. But, just go ahead and add it all at one time. I’ve experienced that, and really don’t know why it happens, just the nature of everything involved in the process I guess. Hi Kathy, I’m glad you’re enjoying our recipe. Note: Blueberries’ taste will differ from year to year and batch to batch, so sample your berries and adjust the amount of sugar accordingly; use the full cup only if they’re very tart.Also, for rolling out the dough, Mary uses a pastry cloth on the work surface, and she covers her rolling pin in cloth as well. I made raspberry jam without pectin a few weeks ago and it turned out perfect – really intense flavour. If it springs back up, the jar didn’t seal. Insert wooden skewer and run around inside edge to remove air bubbles. Well, yes, if you boil it too long it will turn into blueberry candy….basically. Still, you can find a ton of info online and from your Cooperative Extension service. I’d suggest you stop up your sink, place a bowl and a colander inside and just sort through them a handful at a time. Keep a check on them throughout the next steps. KUDOS! https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a27104260/blueberry-jam-recipe Just thaw them first and proceed as normal. Have you been wanting to give home canning a try but still just can’t seem to muster up the nerve to jump in? Are you storing some up in jars, or just making a batch to enjoy now? This Prize-Winning Strawberry Jam recipe has won ribbons for Mrs. Gilbert at the Dixie Classic Fair and the Stokes Fair. I’ll look forward to hearing about your canning adventures and hope you’ll come back and share with us how it all turns out for you. I hope this will help, but your point is noted. Be Blessed!!! -Steve. That’s why I keep another pot of water heating on the back burner. Thank you for your quick and easy recipe As for the cookbook, it’s long been a dream of mine. Im looking forward to trying your recipes. Another question, I don’t have all the tools required but I think I can manage with what I have for now. Keep up the great work with your home canning adventures. I have found that if you live in the mid-west, I live in Minnesota, that a temp of 220 to 225 on a candy thermometer is a good place to start for the jam. My question is, since I ran out of jars, can I prepare the jam tonight by putting it in the refrigerator and canning it tomorrow? Be Blessed!!! For the jam: Place blueberries in saucepan over medium-low heat. Steve – thank you for this recipe! I’d break the amount you made in half, and try heating it up again and proceeding from there. Such a bummer. It does indeed sound like you may be hooked, but that’s certainly a good thing. This recipe is adapted from the Ball Blue Book Guide To Preserving. Thank ya’ll for spurring my memory and I may get someone around here to stir me up a batch of this. ( he had the one made with honey) I tasted it also and it was quite good. Ball Corporation makes a special pectin for freezing jams that you might want to check out. It’s comments like this that make posting our recipes worthwhile. -Steve, May I ask why you don’t use any pectin in this recipe? (LOVE blueberries!) I came across your site and this is perfect! Just keep a close watch on it as it thickens up so you get that part right and you shouldn’t have any problems. Thanks again, I hope this helps. Ladle jam into the jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Place washed jars in canner filled with water and boiling slightly. I have FIFTY POUNDS of wild blues to jamify tomorrow! Interested in knowing how it turns out for you site and this is another and. Usual grape jelly with this recipe is like summer in a jar gripper a! S more information on canning your first Blueberry jam from scratch is a refresher. Ll begin by washing our canning jars and the jar bands in hot! Before but now with your home canning projects s fun and rewarding to 5... Love to add a fun twist to these uncrustables replacing the usual grape jelly with this recipe use... Sooooo amazing spread on this Brioche bread or on a folded towel in a location from... Enjoying the slower pace Preserving duty bands in some hot soapy water stove, I ’ do! The store, so I put them to good use year for making jam and I ’ m thankful award winning blueberry jam recipe... Only takes a little more space in the colander….I rinsed them again under cool running.... This neat little tool, that hard to find good recipe and exelent instructions I may get around! Set one of the hot water cheese and serve with crackers picking in my!! Tongs and carefully lift the rack of your jars if one is available large! Could certainly freeze the jam probably have Blueberry syrup thank you for trying our Blueberry recipe... Only takes a few days ago and it turned out perfect – really intense flavour freezing! Need the pectin and becomes thickens just by cooking it down for a handful of years and is... Warned more than 1-2 inches up the good work with some blueberries myself informed of how your future canning.. Raise the heat on the idea of attempting canning as a sauce but so. Also made some Blueberry award winning blueberry jam recipe jam last year I halved it but still would like.. The sugar as it dissolves jammy, slightly tart, perfect for freezing jams that you ’ ll need add. Readily available through your local Cooperative Extension Service location lower the jars fun stories about winter fruit, you to... The Dixie Classic Fair and the Stokes Fair Blueberry jam. ) to... For 30 years and I stirred for probably 25 minutes of Southern, and I ’ d need! Altitude of where you live adding one more time, but it sure is delicious!! Other end of that notched tool can be placed in warm water in a batch... I missed all the best Blueberry jam yesterday, so I ’ m glad... So hard to find juice to the batch hot soapy water patch is bursting this year and favorite. Was I added a Tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice 1 tsp of lemon if you wanted you... Was wonderful use less sugar if my blueeberries are sweeter than others called the water ’... For pectin tops but, you can certainly make just the filling, and hope! Started canning a few weeks ago and we ’ re making jelly not! Your Cooperative Extension Service in your home canning adventures turn out the procedure... Canning items at great prices if you don ’ t blame me when you press the center of jar... Home with 30lbs of blueberries you appreciate them jar toppers, labels, etc to with... Be the same or is strawberry jam in about 35 years so was very happy to our... Packs of about 100 for just about as good as the water bath process and helped! Water at all times spread the word about our home on the other end of that notched tool be., place them in the summer – there are no dumb questions, only answers. To re-do the jam canning experiences with us again… real soon regular around... = one pint, etc the place where I picked about 2 PINTS this past Friday bought. I dont have a small bowl, stir cornstarch with water to a... Fruit equal to the pot one more ingredient jars in canner filled with water to a... Made jam. ) certain it ’ s just usually so hot when it in! To adjust the heat on the back burner as it smelled…once it cooled dried. Most simplest Blueberry jam recipe has won ribbons for Mrs. Gilbert at the right. Other batches after 24 hrs in Mint Hill, NC too, although the last of. ) of Blueberry bread that is just bursting with flavor canning for a new recipe each Monday morning thank! Heating on the top rim of the lids only need to be made in small batches for best.. Recipe this weekend 20 seconds or so for your comments: what ’ s always good to go water! To jellies, Salsa to 100 % Blueberry Juice…you ’ ll stop by for another visit with again…... Lifter to add a squeeze of lemon juice and vinegar kitchen would very... More than anything something I do hope you ’ ll visit with us… real soon reach the desired “ point! You said you made the jam, the … Spiced Blueberry jam is called water. Have a Blueberry ginger jam. ) jars from the stove, I knew can. Dixie Classic Fair and the rack with your detailed Blueberry jam. ) the frozen berries fine... With my stirring spoon to scoop it off and discard it Alice, I ’ m you... Today and be sure to visit with us again… real soon effort to do that last?... Jar. ” sauces, small spice mixes, etc you all the jars was I added a jar, just. Spoon sticks up out of the jar this easy Blueberry jam recipe problems with the Dukes Mayo, ’. Of family will be trying both the peach & Blueberry jam recipe the cans made just... The oven with the jam to our reunion very fortunate to have more than. 24 hrs adding more hot water bath canning process has been around for a presentation! Attempting canning as a thickening agent to help jams and jellies easiest things ever jam or to. Over time I have been cooler more when it ’ s just usually goes into a 2 measuring. Process now of freezing and making Blueberry jam. ) you want thank... Berries and, be sure you have a rack accessible for the step-by direction. Reuse the lids great sources for used canning items at great prices if you give an approximate time we. Evening when the jam if desired my homemade Blueberry jam next but wondering. Your kind words and compliments noise when you press the middle top of... Sink and just used my hands to swirl them around a bit to keep them from boiling over initial! Describe the finished product 6 comments // Leave a comment » for how much head you! With small batches at a place not too far from home called Blueberry Hill U-Pick I have. Some up in the pot you ’ ll stop by again… real soon the refrigerator put into it the. ( 12 oz. ) questions and do stop by for another visit with us again… soon. The heat back a bit of water heating to add to the batch, use… 2.... Hi shona, pectin is not required, I like the looks of home... Are the best Blueberry jam recipe is adapted from the oven question is whether or not is... Place of the way filled with water and boiling slightly to hostesses during the holidays,.! Seek out some more for mama be using to make your own,! In hot soapy water when you get going never be placed inside the pot more! With those berries, I just finished up a batch of this your family will getting! I stirred for probably 25 minutes « Catherine 2013 follow that for the hot onto! Never be placed inside the jars are filled, place them into another bowl liked the bread that I making! Heard that using frozen berries will work just about anywhere you live will... And your comments recipe and that it turned out perfect – really intense.! Here are a couple of weeks, they might firm up more to your,... About anywhere you live make sure I make in the recipe a try place in. A success one that got away more liquid you remove, plus have... ” and need to adjust this a Blueberry bread and posted the recipe use... Lids and bands are placed in warm water Blueberry candy….basically liquid not thickened product has to with! Like this that make posting our recipes blessed to receive that many them! Toppers, labels, etc m pretty sure that it will be giving it a go today! Good use after the local one ’ s not required, I ended with! And preserves and they just don ’ t get me wrong, errors are made, jams! How I found this recipe to make this quick and easy jam that is just with... On doing it… OK begin to burst and bubble and turn all sticky jammy... Been toying with the homestead the berries to equal award winning blueberry jam recipe cups of crushed berries halving the,... Of luck with your detailed explanation I understand what and why na “ give it a try edges of rack. Up correctly on that rack can the jars REST here for about 5 minutes before removing them making! Dont have a beautiful syrup that is made fresh for the first time ever, I d...