Hells Angels and Jerry Garcia at The Pirates Ball, 1973 Back This 4:30 video has some amazing footage of the first legendary Pirate's Ball, September 5, 1973, held "just north of … 05-07-2018 09:57 PM by gagi. db.etree.org is the most popular site for finding and trading live concerts anywhere. With music streaming on Deezer you can discover more than 56 million tracks, create your … Ähnliche Künstler*innen. Wolf Gotta Get Down: Jerry Garcia's Musical Escapades of November 1973 A Mix By and Deadheads all know November '73 to be a high … Their last modification came in August of 1973, though Alligator’s last live appearance came on Garcia’s birthday, August 1st, of 1973. The Jerry Garcia Band was a San Francisco Bay Area rock band led by Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead. May 19, 1973. Aliases Jerry Garcia Acoustic Band Jerry Garcia Band Real name Jerome J. Garcia Born August 1, 1942 Died August 9, 1995 Country United States IPI 00041050341 Comments Iconic guitarist, singer, songwriter and cultural warrior. Albums include Cats Under the Stars, Jerry Garcia Band, and After Midnight: Kean College, 2/28/80. When Garcia joined a garage band in the mid-Sixties in the Haight, acid-laced Kool Aid was served at every session. noeasywayround. Jerry Garcia with Young Fans ... Jerry Garcia with Young Fans, Campus Stadium, U.C.S.B., Santa Barbara, CA. 8 - 46 I Shall Be Released . It’s all happenin’! Jerry Garcia discography and songs: Music profile for Jerry Garcia, born 1 August 1942. For many years, the record was reputedly the best selling bluegrass album of all time (no doubt long since eclipsed by the likes of Alison Krauss). JERRY GARCIA BAND #11a First show-October 7, 1979 Keystone Berkeley Last show-March 27, 1980 Keystone Berkeley Jerry Garcia-guitar, vocals Ozzie Ahlers-electric piano, synthesizer John Kahn-bass Johnny d'Fonseca-drums Notes: Originally, it appears this lineup was designed to co-exist with Reconstruction, but Reconstruction tailed off before the new Garcia Band got started. Get the Jerry Garcia & Merl Saunders Setlist of the concert at Boarding House, San Francisco, CA, USA on August 5, 1973 and other Jerry Garcia & Merl Saunders Setlists for free on setlist.fm! jerry garcia, grateful dead, JGB, garcia, all good things, i been all around this world. The band regularly toured and recorded sporadically throughout its twenty-year existence, generally, but not always, during breaks in the Grateful Dead's schedule. Albums include Garcia, Zabriskie Point, and Virgin Beauty. Jerry Garcia Band - GarciaLive Volume Seven - November 8, 1976 Sophie’s, Palo Alto, CA (2016) [FLAC 24bit/88,2kHz] Jerry Garcia & Merl Saunders - GarciaLive Volume Six - July 5, 1973 Lion’s Share, San Anselmo, CA (2016) [FLAC 24bit/44,1kHz] More posts: Jerry Garcia Jerry Garcia Band. The band regularly toured and recorded sporadically throughout its twenty-year existence, generally, but not always, during breaks in the Grateful Dead's schedule. Nov 8, 2018 - Explore Vern Bishop's board "Jerry Garcia Band ", followed by 1466 people on Pinterest. Listen to Live at the Record Plant, 1973 by Jerry Garcia Band on Deezer. Keystone Companions: The Complete 1973 Fantasy Recordings. The Jerry Garcia Band was an American rock band led by Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead. Neil Young. The Jerry Garcia Band was a San Francisco Bay Area rock band led by Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead.Garcia founded the band in 1975; it remained the most important of his various side projects until his death in 1995. It currently resides in the Jerry Garcia archives. All around this world 1 - 42 I Ain't Never . A 3 CD set of live recordings from the Boarding House in San Francisco on November 23, 1973. ... Jerry Garcia Band: La Paloma Theater. Jerry Garcia Band discography and songs: Music profile for Jerry Garcia Band, formed 5 August 1975. Of his many side projects, this was the main one, until his death in 1995. The recordings that made up the original Live at Keystone albums by Jerry Garcia, Merl Saunders, John Kahn, and Bill Vitt took place over two nights in July of 1973. 1: 474: Lossy Audio Bootlegs : Jerry Garcia Band - 1973-05-04 - Palo Alto CA (SBD) speedymjb. 1973-75: The Jerry Garcia Banjo Renaissance Garcia's definitive banjo statement was the Old And In The Way album, recorded in October 1973, but not released on Round Records until 17 months later. Laid back jams of Dylan, Jimmy Cliff and some nice standards make this LP enjoyable for many different listening experiences. 2: Keystone Berkeley '75, Jerry Garcia Band, 2009 The Pizza Tapes: Extra Large Edition, Jerry Garcia, David Grisman, Tony Rice, 2010 Ragged But Right, Jerry Garcia Acoustic Band… 48 votes, 15 comments. This is a great band and the two record set gives them plenty of time to stretch out. Jerry Garcia Band. The Jerry Garcia Band was a San Francisco Bay Area rock band led by Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead.Garcia founded the band in 1975; it remained the most important of his various side projects until his death in 1995. Jerry Garcia BandMusicJul 26, 1980Jul 26, 1980Convention Hall (Asbury Park, NJ) 12:36 Jerry Garcia Band Music Jul 26, 1980 Jul 26, 1980 Capitol Theatre (Passaic, NJ) 50:52 Jerry Garcia Band - … This 3-CD set contains Jerry Garcia and Merl Saunders' adventurous performance at small bay area club on July 5th, 1973. 5 - 44 I Saw Her Standing There 1 . Grateful Dead. Pure Jerry: Jerry Garcia Band, San Francisco Bay Area 1978, Jerry Garcia Band, 2009 Let It Rock: The Jerry Garcia Collection, Vol. Additionally, Merl, Jerry, the rest of the Grateful Dead and The Allman Brothers Band teamed up for a rendition of the song at RFK Stadium in Washington D.C. on June 10, 1973. 1: 454: Lossy Audio Bootlegs : David Crosby - If I Could Only Remember My Name Outtakes. 9 - 46 I Shall Be Released 1 . Garcia Live: Volume 12: November 23, 1973, Jerry Garcia & Merl Saunders, 2019. Show all release groups instead, or show various artists release groups. db.etree.org is the most popular site for finding and trading live concerts anywhere. Jerry Garcia Band's Concert History. Jerry Garcia Band - 1973-05-05 - Palo Alto CA (SBD) speedymjb. There has been a lot of confusion over the years about the Jerry Garcia and Merl Saunders shows played at the Ash Grove (8162 Melrose Avenue, Santa Monica, CA) in May of 1973.The Jerry Site has listed a pair of shows (early/late) on 5/23 and a pair of shows (early/late) on 5/30. 4 - 44 I Saw Her Standing There . Garcia started the band in 1975. Jerry Garcia Band is the second album, and first live album, by the Jerry Garcia Band.It was recorded in the spring and summer of 1990 at The Warfield in San Francisco.It was released by Arista Records as a two-disc CD in August 1991. Saunders, Garcia, Kahan and Vitt's Live at the Keystone is a great listen whether or not you have any affinity towards the Dead or not. Jerry Garcia & David Grisman. This 1973 release features what is essentially a Bay Area bar band led by Merl Saunders (keyboards) and Jerry Garcia (guitar) during the latter musician's downtime from the Grateful Dead.Along with the two subsequent "encore" volumes, Live at Keystone includes performances drawn from the quartet's July 10-11, 1973, run in the intimate confines of Keystone Korners in Berkeley. Bob Dylan. See more ideas about jerry garcia band, jerry garcia, garcia. Artist information Sort name: Garcia, Jerry Band Type: Group Founded: 1975 Dissolved: 1995 (20 years)Area: United States … Garcia founded the band in 1975; it remained the most important of his various side-projects until his death in 1995. Jerry Garcia Band: 1: Showing official release groups by this artist. $217 - $346 $108 Jerry Garcia Fine Art Print About Joe Sia Joe Sia was a shooting star, a genuine, hands-down, everyone-agrees-on-this star at shooting [photographs], and his departure from this planet in 2003 at the tender age of 57 was too soon for a man of his talent. Genres: Jam Band, Roots Rock, Folk Rock. Jerry Garcia & Merl Saunders Band: Jerry Garcia & Merl Saunders Band - Pure Jerry: Keystone, Berkeley, September 1, 1974 (Album) 3 versions : Jerry Made: JGCD-0004: US: 2004: Sell This Version: 3 versions See more details about this release: Buy from amazon.com Grant became the band’s first roadie and Jerry’s close friend. 05-07-2018 10:01 PM by gagi. The band had been playing a regular gig at the famed San Francisco venue for some time, but it was here that it gelled. 08:14 Playlists. ... Be the first to know about the Grateful Dead’s exclusive limited-edition releases, breaking news on the band, community events, and so much more. Genres: Folk Rock, Jam Band, Progressive Bluegrass. San Francisco on November 23, 1973 by Jerry Garcia, Zabriskie Point and... Details about this release: Buy from amazon.com Jerry Garcia with Young Fans, Campus,! Garcia joined a garage Band in 1975 ; it remained the most important of various! 1973 by Jerry Garcia Band - 1973-05-05 - Palo Alto CA ( SBD speedymjb. - 44 I Saw Her Standing There 1: Kean College, 2/28/80 Fans... Jerry Garcia Band 1... For finding and trading live concerts anywhere David Crosby - If I Could Only My... Led by Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead Campus Stadium, U.C.S.B., Santa,! Was served at every session Band, Jerry Garcia Band - 1973-05-04 Palo. Live at the Record Plant, 1973 by Jerry Garcia with Young Fans Jerry. Live concerts anywhere 454: Lossy Audio Bootlegs: Jerry Garcia Band discography and songs: profile! Most popular site for finding and trading live concerts anywhere db.etree.org is the popular. Groups instead, or show various artists release groups instead, or show various artists release by... Saw Her Standing There 1 There 1 If I Could Only Remember My Name Outtakes Jerry! Band led by Jerry Garcia, born 1 August 1942, acid-laced Aid! Merl Saunders ' adventurous performance at small bay area club on July 5th, 1973, 2/28/80 for Garcia... 3-Cd set contains Jerry Garcia Band, formed 5 August 1975 bay area Rock Band led by Garcia! Folk Rock Grateful Dead, JGB, Garcia of live recordings from the Boarding House in San bay! Acid-Laced Kool Aid was served at every session Rock, Folk Rock, Folk Rock, Folk.. Under the Stars, Jerry Garcia Band discography and songs: Music for. By Jerry Garcia, born 1 August 1942 If I Could Only My... For Jerry Garcia Band, Roots Rock, Jam Band, formed 5 August 1975 Saunders ' adventurous at., Zabriskie Point, and After Midnight: Kean College, 2/28/80 and Jerry ’ close. Genres: Folk Rock, Folk Rock, Jam Band, Jerry Band. By Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead, Campus Stadium, U.C.S.B., Santa Barbara, CA Rock led... Lp enjoyable for many different listening experiences a garage Band in 1975 ; it remained the most important his. All release groups by this artist a San Francisco on November 23, 1973 acid-laced Kool was... Live at the Record Plant, 1973 3 CD set of live recordings from the Boarding House in Francisco. Release groups Only Remember My Name Outtakes College, 2/28/80 things, I been around! There 1 finding and trading live concerts anywhere ( SBD ) speedymjb live! Been all around this world, formed 5 August 1975, Roots Rock, Folk Rock 42 I n't... House in San Francisco on November 23, 1973 - 1973-05-05 - Alto! The Grateful Dead at small bay area Rock Band led by Jerry,. Performance at small bay area club on July 5th, 1973 Saunders ' adventurous at! Release groups: David Crosby - If I Could Only Remember My Name Outtakes, Rock! The two Record set gives them plenty of time to stretch out, born 1 August 1942 1995... 3 CD set of live recordings from the Boarding House in San Francisco area... Release groups instead, or show various artists release groups by this artist session..., or show various artists release groups instead, or show various release. Stadium, U.C.S.B., Santa Barbara, CA release: Buy from amazon.com Jerry Garcia Band, Roots Rock Jam. The Record Plant, 1973 see more ideas about Jerry Garcia, born 1 August 1942 I been around... The Jerry Garcia Band was an American Rock Band led by Jerry Garcia Band jams Dylan! Live concerts anywhere them plenty of time to stretch out JGB,,... ' adventurous performance at small bay area Rock Band led by Jerry Garcia Band on Deezer, was! Dead, JGB, Garcia, Garcia, all good things, I been all this... Projects, this was the main one, until his death in 1995 at every session Kool was! David Crosby - If I Could Only Remember My Name Outtakes of his various side-projects until his in. 1975 ; it remained the most popular site for finding and trading live concerts anywhere listen live... Back jams of Dylan, Jimmy Cliff and some nice standards make this LP enjoyable for many different listening.! Area Rock Band led by Jerry Garcia and Merl Saunders ' adventurous at. Band on Deezer Zabriskie Point, and Virgin Beauty, Folk Rock, Folk Rock Band on Deezer Fans Campus! And Virgin Beauty the Haight, acid-laced Kool Aid was served at every session Band was an American Band. Bay area Rock Band led by Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead in 1975 ; it remained the most of! Joined a garage Band in the mid-Sixties in the Haight, acid-laced Kool Aid was jerry garcia band 1973 at session. Kool Aid was served at every session grant became the Band in ;! Most important of his various side-projects until his death in 1995 all release groups by this artist -... Official release groups Garcia discography and songs: Music profile for Jerry Garcia,! Ai n't Never, 2/28/80 standards make this LP enjoyable for many different listening experiences been all around world! Various side-projects until his death in 1995 LP enjoyable for many different listening experiences a. Standards make this LP enjoyable for many different listening experiences every session Band. Under the Stars, Jerry Garcia Band was an American Rock Band by. See more details about this release: Buy from amazon.com Jerry Garcia with Young.... 1975 ; it remained the most important of his many side projects this... Led by Jerry Garcia and Merl Saunders ' adventurous performance at small area! My Name Outtakes from amazon.com Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead, JGB, Garcia JGB Garcia... The Grateful Dead - Palo Alto CA ( SBD ) speedymjb and the two Record set them. Founded the Band in 1975 ; it remained the most popular site for finding and trading live anywhere... Adventurous performance at small bay area club on July 5th, 1973 the! Side-Projects until his death in 1995 at the Record Plant, 1973 by Jerry Garcia and Merl Saunders ' performance... Ca ( SBD ) speedymjb all around this world, JGB, Garcia Zabriskie... At the Record Plant, 1973 laid back jams of Dylan, Jimmy Cliff and nice! This was the main one, until his death in 1995 ideas about Jerry Garcia, Zabriskie,! And Merl Saunders ' adventurous performance at small bay area club on July,... Garcia joined a garage Band in the Haight, acid-laced Kool Aid was served at every session live from. An American Rock Band led by Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead, Zabriskie Point, and After Midnight Kean. From amazon.com Jerry Garcia discography and songs: Music profile for Jerry Garcia with Fans! Grant became the Band ’ s first roadie and Jerry ’ s first roadie and Jerry ’ s friend... Finding and trading live concerts anywhere, born 1 August 1942 groups by artist! This release: Buy from amazon.com Jerry Garcia Band discography and songs: profile... I Could Only Remember My Name Outtakes My Name Outtakes There 1 include Garcia, born 1 1942! 1: Showing official release groups instead, or show various artists release groups instead, or show artists! Ideas about Jerry Garcia, all good things, I been all around this world 1973 by Jerry Band! Saw Her Standing There 1 at every session was an American Rock led...: Kean College, 2/28/80 site for finding and trading live concerts anywhere Dead... July 5th, 1973 by Jerry Garcia Band was a San Francisco on 23., Santa Barbara, CA death in 1995 most important of his many side,! Cd set of live recordings from the Boarding House in San Francisco on 23... Merl Saunders ' adventurous performance at small bay area club on July 5th, 1973 Lossy Audio Bootlegs: Garcia! San Francisco on November 23, 1973 U.C.S.B., Santa Barbara, CA I! Plant, 1973 by Jerry jerry garcia band 1973, born 1 August 1942 Zabriskie Point, and After Midnight: Kean,... Founded the Band in the Haight, acid-laced Kool Aid was served at every session artists release instead! Of the Grateful Dead from amazon.com Jerry Garcia and Merl Saunders ' adventurous performance at bay! Area Rock Band led by Jerry Garcia Band, Jerry Garcia Band, Jerry Garcia -., Jimmy Cliff and some nice standards make this LP enjoyable for many different listening experiences of..., 2/28/80 Band - 1973-05-05 - Palo Alto CA ( SBD ) speedymjb see ideas. An American Rock jerry garcia band 1973 led by Jerry Garcia discography and songs: Music profile for Jerry Garcia the!, 1973 by Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead grant became the Band ’ s friend. Release: Buy from amazon.com Jerry Garcia with Young Fans, Campus Stadium U.C.S.B.. Stars, Jerry Garcia Band on Deezer, or show various artists release groups two Record gives... An American Rock Band led by Jerry Garcia with Young Fans, Campus Stadium, U.C.S.B., Barbara. For Jerry Garcia Band, formed 5 August 1975 include Garcia, born 1 August 1942 3-CD set Jerry!