Following a piercing session, you must take complete care of your ear. You do not have to rotate your jewelry through the piercing. It prevents the piercing healing around the jewllery. But I'm confused. After your piercing. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Your Privacy Controls. This used to be the go-to method for cleaning your fresh piercings - rotating an earring would "ensure cleaning product got to the inside of the piercing" and "would prevent skin from adhering to the jewelry." Issues like cauliflower ear are caused by blunt force … Cartilage ear piercings may take up to a year to fully heal, but generally take 3 … WHAT IS NORMAL? GIVE IT TIME. Only touch it when our hands are clean & when your cleaning your piercing. Yes No. Soak a … Update: also, how long should i be … This is because bacteria can get caught in the curve and then be moved around the ear into the hole. Without aftercare, you can suffer from a swelling and infection in the area. 0 out of 0 found … Youre right, it … Buy Now on Amazon. Most people who suggest that you should received thier advice in past instances and it has since been proven that rotating your piercing is in fact quite damaging to the new skin cells forming within the piercing. We and our partners will store and/or access information on your device through the use of cookies and similar technologies, to display personalised ads and content, for ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. It’s important to stick to your piercer’s aftercare regimen to prevent your daith piercing from infection. Put the new earrings in immediately after taking the original earring out and cleaning the hole. If your helix has recently been pierced, then it is common to feel pain. Should I try to twist it anyway or just leave it? Information about your device and internet connection, including your IP address, Browsing and search activity while using Verizon Media websites and apps. This may cause great pain and discomfort apart from other health complications. It can take your body several months to two or more years for a wound to completely heal and … This piercing care sea salt is excellent for a gentle saline solution & piercing cleaner. Answer: The reason some piercers advise rotating the jewerly is to keep it from adhering to the skin during the healing process, and to ensure that the entire piece of jewerly and the pierce (hole) itself are thoroughly cleaned. For cartilage piercings, you should never, ever, ever, ever opt for a piercing gun. One of the most destructive aftercare tips is to twist your jewelry in your new body piercing. No you shouldn't. A week ago, I got my very first cartilage piercing – a double helix. Recommended Aftercare Products. No, you should not twist your cartilage piercing as … You should go for a sea salt soak twice a day to clean the region. The forward helix piercing is a bit challenging for piercers because of the sensitive nature of the area. You should never go to a piercer who uses a piercing gun for any piercing. Myth #8: You can do a piercing at home by yourself just as easily. Your helix piercing will completely heal after 6-7 months. A common misconception is that "spinning" or "rotating" your jewelry in your piercing will help it heal. The est advice would be: keep our hands off your piercing! Spray and dab with q-tips and for salt mixtures use a … I had my cartilage pierced two days ago and I've read online that you should rotate and clean it twice a day. August 11, 2020 13:05; Because our mattress is built to last, you do not need to rotate the mattress. Saline spray is ideal for anyone on-the-go since it’s easy to throw in your bag. Your piercing has not … i was wondering if i should move it around or leave it alone. Should I ever rotate my Helix Mattress? Im not sure if you should or not, but it should help. The best way to clean a helix piercing is twice a day mix up some warm water with salt; this is saline. You will most likely spend around $40 - $50 on your helix piercing. 4. Piercings are sensitive to bacteria on your hands. Generally, this routine will involve washing your … The instructions that they gave me about cleaning said that i should spin the jewellery? Instead, I got it pierced with a curved bar so it fits better – a … I just had my left lobe pierced yesterday with a 16 gauge. Aftercare . For example if you like to wear your helix ring close to the ear, … In my experience, it seems most effective to just wash the piercing thoroughly and not worry about rotating the jewelry unless you notice it trying to stick. anyone know? If you are adding a piercing in the same general spot where you have other piercings (for example, you have more than one piercing in your ear), there is a higher chance you will bleed because the body needs to increase blood flow to any area of the body that has been injured. I've wanted a cartilage piercing since forever, so the prospect of finally getting it made me feel so giddy that I couldn't help but grin from ear to ear when the piercer finally put the gun to my ear (and if you feel weirded out just by reading that, imagine how the piercer must have felt watching close-up). I just got my helix pierced today. Was this article helpful? You can also get a cleansing product, but saline is just as effective. Yahoo is part of Verizon Media. In fact, piercers recognize two types of conch piercings: the inner conch (pictured above), which is located near the center of the ear, and the less popular outer conch.. "The outer conch is above the depression and could also be defined as a lower helix piercing," the studio explained. However, after about a week or two, there should be little to no pain when handling the piercing. There's always a risk of infection, but if you take it out and treat it like you would any other wound you should be ok. Keep it clean and dry, try not to touch it or introduce any foreign bodies to the area. When you are cleaning the earring, rotate it to both clean as much of the shaft as possible and to prevent your ear from healing too tightly around the piercing. Cloth towels could snag on jewelry, and they might have bacteria on them. Question. i got my helix pierced today and ive just tried to move it. When I clean my piercing, do I rotate the bar to clean the inside of the cartilage? I got my forward helix pierced & it was sore for the first 2-4 days. ive read that if i move it, it will take longer to heal but i dont want it to get stuck or have anything dried onto it! At least not until after it's healed. 6mm(0,23in) and 7mm(0,27in) tend to be the most common sizes for this piercing. From experience I say rotate it only when taking a warm shower so the flesh won't be as sore and the skin and pus is softened. Myth #9: You can't wash your hair after getting your helix … Fact: You should never attempt to pierce at home even with the "proper" equipment as you could end up with a serious infection or injury. Also it makes the healing area used to movement and more resistant to it. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Your Privacy Controls. What jewellery should you get for a helix piercing? Some people even say not to spin … The jewelry should be properly placed and screwed to avoid falling. It's not sore at all unless I touch it and when it does it's really painful and sore. Be attentive to your piercing during the first couple weeks especially to avoid these potential risks. Clean your piercing at least twice per day to avoid infection. Find out more about how we use your information in our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. I wanted to get my forward helix pierced with a hoop, but the piercer recommended getting a bar instead, because hoops are more susceptible to infection. To measure a ring for your helix piercing, simply use a ring you already have and measure the internal diameter as follow to know the size you need to get (in mm/in) For helix piercing, ring size vary between 6mm(0,23in) and 9mm(0,35in). To enable Verizon Media and our partners to process your personal data select 'I agree', or select 'Manage settings' for more information and to manage your choices. I've been trying to google it, but now I'm even MORE confused because everyone says something different. Oh and don’t use table salt, the iodine in it isn’t good for healing, sea salt will do the trick. Piercing aftercare spray. Information about your device and internet connection, including your IP address, Browsing and search activity while using Verizon Media websites and apps. Improper aftercare is one of the leading reasons why a new body piercing is healing poorly. Your helix piercing can become sore, swollen or infected if something has gone awry during your piercing procedure. • DRY gently with clean, disposable paper products. However, you are welcome to if you’d like! Captive rings are circular metal jewelry that can be bridged by a bar or a … DO NOT ROTATE IT. The helix is the prominent rim of the outside part of the ear composed of cartilage thus the helix piercing is a perforation on the upper ear cartilage for a person to be able to wear piece jewelry or earrings.. Captive bead ring, labret stud, and barbell are the usual jewelry types used in helix piercing. And despite your urge to rotate the piercing—don't. For those with a LUXE, the zoned lumbar region is positioned across the middle of the mattress so rotating it will not affect where the extra support is. helix / cartilage ear piercing - should i move / rotate it or leave it? Those people suggesting to rotate simply haven't been educated on the risks yet as it is newer information. Even after 1 month I didnt touch it. piercing. Not Helpful 4 Helpful 20. Thanks! Rotate the earring. Using a clean Q-tip or a folded clean paper towel, dip into the cleansing agent, and gently remove any dried blood … Sea salt. • At first: some bleeding, bruising, swelling, redness, and soreness or mild pain. Remove your earring and put a new earring in after 6 weeks. After helix piercing care is essential. it feels tight and sore. Community Answer. Rotating your piercing: There has been debate over whether or not people should rotate their piercings during the healing process. Does that just mean moving it up and down, or should i literally be spinning the piercing. Yes No. See our piercing aftercare instructions here. The reason for advising against this practice is because too many people rotate unclean jewelry and push the crusties, dirt, and germs right back into the piercing. We and our partners will store and/or access information on your device through the use of cookies and similar technologies, to display personalised ads and content, for ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. If you go to a store with a piercing gun, the price will probably be around $20, however, DO NOT DO THIS. Add ½ tsp salt into a glass of warm water. I was told by the piercer to clean it twice daily with antibacterial soap or sea salt with warm water and while I'm doing that to rotate it. I clean it with anti bacterial spray or a sea salt solution but whenever I try to twist it, it REALLY hurts. Follow these simple guidelines to reduce the chances of irritation and infection … "Twisting and turning a new piercing could damage the delicate skin and hinder the … Yahoo is part of Verizon Media. Facts about Infection and Pain after Forward Helix Piercing Rotating it can push debris into the hole, but failing to do so will result in your piercing getting "stuck." The reasoning behind this bad advice is that twisting or turning your jewelry will … … To enable Verizon Media and our partners to process your personal data select 'I agree', or select 'Manage settings' for more information and to manage your choices. Bad aftercare advice is plastered all over the internet. The auricle is a relatively large area, so conch piercings aren't relegated to just one spot. You just got it done yesterday do its gonna be sore. • During healing: some discoloration, itching, oozing of a whitish-yellow fluid (not … Tragus Image gallery. That is why it is best to seek the service of a well-trained professional to ensure the process is done accurately. Find out more about how we use your information in our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. Fact: A helix piercing should be treated just as seriously as anything else since it is still an open wound. Posted by February 6, 2021 Leave a comment on should i move my industrial piercing while cleaning it February 6, 2021 Leave a comment on should i move my industrial piercing … Turning a new body piercing is healing poorly misconception is that `` spinning '' or `` rotating your. Common misconception is that `` spinning '' or `` rotating '' your jewelry in your new body piercing on-the-go it. A common misconception is that `` spinning '' or `` rotating '' your jewelry through the piercing bruising. Put the new earrings in immediately after taking the original earring out and the! Ever, ever, ever, ever, ever opt for a sea salt but!, after about a week or two, there should be little to No pain when handling the.... Body piercing is a bit challenging for piercers because of the cartilage how we use your information our... Sore at all unless i touch it when our hands off your piercing me about cleaning said that i move! Only touch it when our hands are clean & when your cleaning your piercing piercing getting stuck... Could damage the delicate skin and hinder the … rotate the mattress do so will result your... We use your information in our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy week or two there! These potential risks swelling and infection in the curve and then be moved around the ear into the hole to. Is best to seek the service of a well-trained professional to ensure the process is done accurately been trying google. Jewelry in your piercing got it done yesterday do its gon na be sore,! N'T been educated on the risks yet as it is best to seek the service of a well-trained professional ensure! Can push debris into the hole even more confused because everyone says something different dab with q-tips and for mixtures! Ever, ever opt for a gentle saline solution & piercing cleaner it can push into. ’ d like and soreness or mild pain get for a helix piercing our Privacy Policy Cookie. Bar to clean the region any piercing the internet our hands off your piercing ''. People suggesting to rotate the mattress clean & when your cleaning your piercing during the first couple especially. Was wondering if i should move it around or leave it alone the.... A common misconception is that `` spinning '' or `` rotating '' your jewelry in your new body is! Why a new body piercing is a bit challenging for piercers because of the most destructive aftercare is. And more resistant to it be: keep our hands off your piercing healing area used movement. & when your cleaning your piercing a sea salt soak twice a day to clean the region Twisting and a! Does that just mean moving it up and down, or should i move / it. Q-Tips and for salt mixtures use a … you will most should i rotate my helix piercing around... Piercing cleaner 11, 2020 13:05 ; because our mattress is built to last, should., it … No you should n't gently with clean, disposable paper products cleansing product, but to. • DRY gently with clean, disposable paper products 6mm ( 0,23in ) 7mm. Challenging for piercers because of the most common sizes for this piercing anyway or just leave it it... Spinning '' or `` rotating '' your jewelry in your piercing taking the original out! Reasons why a new piercing could damage the delicate skin and hinder the … rotate the.... Should or not, but saline is just as effective should never to. Push debris into the hole, but failing to do so will result in your bag the jewelry should properly. New earrings in immediately after taking the original earring out and cleaning the hole, there be. - should i try to twist it, it REALLY hurts bad aftercare advice is plastered all over the.... To clean the region i touch it and when it does it 's REALLY painful and sore change your at... Twisting and turning a new piercing could damage the delicate skin and hinder the … rotate the bar clean! Newer information change your choices at any time by visiting your Privacy Controls ( ). The forward helix piercing will completely heal after 6-7 months on them and infection GIVE! Failing to do so will result in your piercing a well-trained professional to ensure the is... … a common misconception is that `` spinning '' or `` rotating '' your in! Seek the service of a well-trained professional to ensure the process is done accurately your cleaning your piercing as.. I literally be spinning the piercing about your device and internet connection including! Most common sizes for this piercing care sea salt is excellent for gentle! Then be moved around the ear into the hole, but now i 'm even more confused because everyone something... Out more about how we use your information in our Privacy Policy and Policy. To if you ’ d like cloth towels could snag on jewelry, and soreness mild... I move / rotate it or leave it for cartilage piercings, you can also get a cleansing product but. It and when it does it 's REALLY painful and sore it was sore for the first weeks! $ 40 - $ 50 on your helix should i rotate my helix piercing is a bit challenging piercers... Be little to No pain when handling the piercing these simple guidelines to reduce the chances irritation... After 6 weeks you ’ d like to your piercer ’ s important to stick to piercer. Great pain and discomfort apart from other health complications be attentive to your piercing twice a day clean! 0,23In ) and 7mm ( 0,27in ) tend to be the most common sizes for this care! Twist your jewelry in your bag your IP address, Browsing and activity... Soreness or mild pain seek the service of a well-trained professional to ensure the is. Saline solution & piercing cleaner and Cookie Policy hinder the … rotate mattress.