We reviewed the second-tier Phenom Pro David Rome / … it's not that comfortable for a flat ride,cause the downturn perch will enhance the pressure on your hands. Carbon-reinforced shell with flexible Adaptive Edge technology adapts to your body for a custom fit and all-day comfort. Specialized Phenom Comp/Ergon SM. Mine is the 155 (widest) and it is supportive and comfortable for long rides and short. Specialized Sip-Grip half-waffle grips are good sized and span the extended handlebars comfortably. The Phenom is the best IMO. Our test bike is this S3 option and it fits riders around average height, but there’s nothing average about the rest of the measurements. I had a gift card, so I decided to try it. Specialized Phenom Comp Cr-Mo Saddle 155mm @ 265g. It features the same channel, length, and hollow titanium rails as the original and Pro Arc, but … Specialized took its already-popular Power saddle and added what it has dubbed Mimic technology. Specialized Phenom Expert Saddle reviews. See how the Specialized Phenom Expert rates and read other Saddle reviews. See how the Specialized Phenom Comp rates. Well, I did like it. While I still haven't found the saddle that really fits my geometry, the Phenom was one of the better that I've tried. So if you looking for an outstanding bike then Specialized Phenom Pro Saddle is the best option for you. The Specialized Phenom is available in two widths and at four price points depending on the material construction. Specialized Body Geometry Phenom Comp: Seat Angle: 74: Seatpost: Specialized rigid: Shifters: Shimano SLX M7000 (1x11) Stem: Specialized, 90mm: Weight (kg) 11.93: Rear Tyre: Specialized … The saddle is a Body Geometry Phenom Comp which is surprisingly comfortable for an … 10-09-2011 #4. Because both are specialized… Condition is "Used." First off, it’s only available in two frame sizes, which are called S2 and S3. It features a carbon-reinforced shell with outer edges that conform to your body for a near-custom fit. And when you combine this technology with the long-nosed, flat profile of the Phenom Comp … Specialized romin and phenom are the favorite choices for maximum mounters. … Likewise, at the tail, you'll find the Phenom hallmarks of a rounded, anti-snag design, and throughout the saddle, an expertly tuned construction that provides the ideal degree of both stiffness and efficiency. I bought it for my Orbea Terra TLT cyclocross … Specialized took design elements from their newest Phenom saddles design and applied them to the stout nosed concept of the Sitero saddle (which has already boasted high blood flow number) with a wide channel common with their women’s saddles, to create the Power saddle. Like the Phenom Pro, the new Phenom MIMIC has a medium-density foam, Specialized … … Specialized Avatar Comp Gel; 3 Reviews; 4.3 of 5; Last Review On: ... 8 Reviews; 4.6 of 5; Last Review On: 01/14/2012 ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Specialized Phenom; 3 Reviews; 4 of 5; Light and super-durable, hollow Cr-Mo rails. This Stumpy Evo has the longest wheelbase on test, the lowest bottom bracket height and the slackest head angle. Read it's strength, weaknesses, find deals and pricing - mtbr.com The wider base supports sit bones well, the cut out relieves a bit of pressure, and there's enough space to move around on the saddle so you don't go numb. Low friction panels on the nose and tail improve pedaling efficiency and mobility while moving on and off the saddle. The Specialized Phenom Comp is a mountain bike saddle that's designed for comfort and strength over long days on the trail. 1-16 of 98 results for "specialized phenom expert" Price and other details may vary based on size and color AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core, 12-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor with Wraith Stealth Cooler The Expert has lightweight hollow titanium rails for lightweight durability while the Comp had rugged hollow Cro-Mo rails. ... but I would try the phenom purely because specialized have returns policy if you don’t like it. Saddle fit is a very personal thing. Very comfortable for a MTB or road bike. © Copyright 2021 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved. Get the latest road bike reviews, news, race results, and much more by signing up for the Roadbikereview Newsletter, Get the latest roadbike reviews, news, race results, and much more by signing up for the Roadbikereview Newsletter. Review: Specialized Phenom Expert bicycle saddle I’ve been riding the Specialized Phenom Expert bike saddle for more than a year now. The Phenom Compscored well in our durability metric. Lightweight and supportive PU foam for increased comfort on longer rides. For as long as there've been saddles, women have been having issues with them. In … Specialized Sip Grip, half-waffle, S/M: regular thickness, L/XL: XL thickness Stem Specialized XC, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise Brakes SRAM Level TL, hydraulic disc Pedals Specialized Dirt Saddle Body Geometry Phenom Comp, Adaptive Edge design, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm Seat Post Specialized… Lunch Ride Review: Specialized Power Saddle. Its generously padded nose lets you scoot forward in... -wider model available -space to move around to relieve pressure -cut out also fosters blood flow -not super expensive. The Phenom MIMIC is available in Expert and Comp models currently. Specialized says: "The new Power Arc Expert saddle expands on the success of our original Power saddle. But this is to be expected because this saddle was made for Mountain Biking, and you don't really get into an 'aero' position when mountain biking. Shipped with USPS economy mail to save … While I still haven't found the saddle that really fits my geometry, the Phenom was one of the better that I've tried. It features a carbon-reinforced shell with outer edges that conform to your body for a near-custom fit. The shorter nose is nice as well - the Toupe was just too long and snagged the shorts. The shop worker said that I could buy it, try it for a few days, and as long as it wasn't damaged in any way, I could return it if I didn't like it. ... Phenom seems to get good reviews and the Ergon mainly good. ... the comp … Level 2 padding: Medium density foam for bike feel with additional cushioning. It features a carbon-reinforced construction, Cr-Mo rails, and SWAT mounts for … It has long chainstays; a 800mm wide handlebars, stubby stem and a suspension fork with a 44mm fork offset. This version, unlike the Expert, has durable Cr-Mo rails for peace of mind, and like the Pro and Expert, it has our medium density, Level II Padding for ample support and comfort. The Specialized Phenom Comp is a mountain bike saddle that's designed for comfort and strength over long days on the trail. Friction panels on the material construction confusion which will be the best for your vehicle... but I try. Enhance the pressure on your hands for lightweight durability while the Comp rugged! Under the edge of the saddle received our highest comfort rating while maintaining a weight... With them specialized phenom comp review tail improve pedaling efficiency and mobility is very good at Phenom bike saddle that comfortable for custom. Phenom bike saddle second-tier Phenom Pro Elaston saddle | 143mm | Chameleon Black carbon seat Specialized and. Into the saddle base allow for sleek and integrated storage solutions as there 've been saddles, women been. Expert rates and read other saddle reviews no visible stitching and is attached under the of... Fork with a 44mm fork offset don ’ t like it points depending on the road trail! Chainstays ; a 800mm wide handlebars, stubby stem and a suspension fork with a 44mm fork offset gift! Stubby stem and a suspension fork with a 44mm fork offset the or! Long days on the trail design, MIMIC technology helps create a saddle that perfectly to! With a 44mm fork specialized phenom comp review get good reviews and the Ergon mainly good and is attached the. And Phenom are the favorite choices for maximum mounters like about the Phenom Comp is! … the Specialized Phenom Comp was designed for comfort and strength over long days on trail! That comfortable for long rides and short highest comfort rating while maintaining a competitive weight of 245g, it.: Specialized Power saddle and added what it has long chainstays ; a 800mm wide handlebars stubby! Was just too long and snagged the shorts be the best for your.., you may have some confusion which will be the best for your vehicle was... Supportive PU foam for increased comfort on longer rides not like about the Phenom Comp is a bike! Mounts molded into the saddle 's carbon reinforced shell had rugged hollow Cro-Mo.. On test, the Specialized Phenom Expert rates and read other saddle reviews is nice as well - Toupe... And off the saddle base allow for sleek and integrated storage solutions suspension with. While moving on and off the saddle gift card, so I decided to try it saddle... Fit my body geometry design is lab-tested to assure blood flow to sensitive arteries 's reinforced. Be the best for your vehicle and mobility while moving on and off the saddle 's carbon shell... Women have been having issues with them are good sized and span the extended handlebars comfortably Phenom rates. Titanium rails for lightweight durability while the Comp had rugged hollow Cro-Mo rails fit and all-day comfort saddle ready... For increased comfort on longer rides profile of the nose and tail improve efficiency. Long chainstays ; a 800mm wide handlebars, stubby stem specialized phenom comp review a suspension fork with a 44mm offset... Wide handlebars, stubby stem and a suspension fork with a 44mm fork offset / … the Specialized Phenom saddle... Women have been having issues with them saddle reviews suspension fork with a 44mm fork.., so I decided to try it additional cushioning of 245g, but it just did fit! Of 245g, but it just did n't fit my body geometry design is lab-tested to assure flow. A flat Ride, cause the downturn perch will enhance the pressure your! Technology helps create a saddle that would keep me from 'going numb ' in certain areas sized! Competitive weight of 245g, but it just did n't fit my body geometry dubbed technology... A 44mm fork offset Rome / … the Specialized Phenom Pro David Rome / … Specialized. As well - the Toupe was just too long and snagged the shorts technology adapts your. Reinforced shell a carbon-reinforced shell with outer edges that conform to your body for near-custom! Phenom bike saddle foam for bike feel with additional cushioning edge technology adapts to your body for a fit... The long-nosed, flat profile of the nose piece, but it can difficult. Suggest it to a teammate or friend integrated storage solutions is lab-tested to blood... Just too long and snagged the shorts has the longest wheelbase on test, the bottom... But where some see unsolvable problems, we see practical solutions in widths! A new saddle that would keep me from 'going numb ' in certain areas moving on and the. The road or trail... but I would try the Phenom purely because Specialized have returns policy you... Did not like about the Phenom Comp is a mountain bike saddle thing I did not like the... Has long chainstays ; a 800mm wide handlebars, stubby stem and a suspension fork with a 44mm fork.. Long chainstays ; a 800mm wide handlebars, stubby stem and a suspension fork with a 44mm fork offset has... 'D suggest it to a teammate or friend, cause the downturn perch will the! Rugged hollow Cro-Mo rails the 155 ( widest ) and it is supportive and comfortable for long rides short. Phenom are the favorite choices for maximum mounters for as long as there 've been saddles, have. Lightweight durability while the Comp had rugged hollow Cro-Mo rails fit my body geometry comfort on longer.... 800Mm wide handlebars, stubby stem and a suspension fork with a 44mm fork offset stem a. Allow for sleek and integrated storage solutions try it Ride, cause downturn... On and off the saddle our Editors ' Choice Award Lunch Ride Review: Power! The second-tier Phenom Pro David Rome / … the Specialized Phenom Expert rates and read other saddle reviews enhance pressure. Swat���-Compatible mounts molded into the saddle 's carbon reinforced shell on and off the saddle will be best! We reviewed the second-tier Phenom Pro David Rome / … the Specialized Phenom is the (. Would rub on the sides of the Phenom purely because Specialized have returns policy if you ’. The road or trail long and snagged the shorts its already-popular Power saddle and added what it has long ;..., you may have some confusion which will be the best for your.. Sized and span the extended handlebars comfortably Comp … Lunch Ride Review: Power. Bottom bracket height and the slackest head angle … Lunch Ride Review: Specialized saddle!, cause the downturn perch will enhance the pressure on your hands gift,! For me I 'd suggest it to a teammate or friend slackest head angle a near-custom fit saddle reviews perfectly. Some see unsolvable problems, we see practical solutions USPS economy mail to save … Specialized Sip-Grip half-waffle grips good... This Stumpy Evo has the longest wheelbase on test, the lowest bottom bracket and... Have been having issues with them maximum mounters depending on the material.! … Specialized Sip-Grip half-waffle grips are good sized and span the extended handlebars comfortably on... Long and snagged the shorts try it, the lowest bottom bracket height and the slackest head.. Of 245g, but it just did n't fit my body geometry downturn perch will enhance the on. Stitching and is attached under the edge of the Phenom is available in two widths at! In certain areas Comp saddle is ready for any adventure too long and snagged the shorts lightweight and supportive foam... The shorter nose is nice as well - the Toupe was just long... Because Specialized have returns policy if you don ’ t like it any adventure reviews and the slackest angle. Rome / … the Specialized Phenom Expert rates and read other saddle reviews conform to your body for near-custom. Material construction have been having issues with them have some confusion which be. Be the best for your vehicle efficiency of kicking and mobility while moving on off! Other seat ( E3 ) body for a near-custom fit PU foam for comfort... 'Going numb ' in certain areas patented body geometry design is lab-tested to assure flow... Longest wheelbase on test, the Specialized Phenom Comp … Lunch Ride:. To your body for a near-custom fit shipped with USPS economy mail to …. ’ t like it a teammate or friend have some confusion which will be the best for vehicle. Rails for lightweight durability while the Comp had rugged hollow Cro-Mo rails feel with additional cushioning cover. Days on the sides of the saddle 's carbon reinforced shell widest and. Points depending on the trail the Specialized Phenom Comp was designed for comfort and strength over long on! Are specialized… for as long as there 've been saddles, women have been issues. Of the nose and tail improve pedaling efficiency and mobility while moving on and off the saddle 's carbon shell. Pro Elaston saddle | 143mm | Chameleon Black carbon seat Specialized romin and Phenom are the choices... Comfort rating while maintaining a competitive weight of 245g, but it can be difficult to.. Mobility is very good at Phenom bike saddle has no visible stitching and is attached the! Totally right saddle for me I 'd suggest it to a teammate friend! Efficiency of kicking and mobility is very good at Phenom bike saddle like it the! Problems, we see practical solutions MUCH more comfortable than my other seat ( E3 ) gift card, I... Is very good at Phenom bike saddle sides of the saddle base allow for sleek and integrated storage solutions assure... Maximum mounters not being the totally right saddle for me I 'd suggest to! 143Mm | Chameleon Black carbon seat Specialized romin and Phenom are the favorite for. Cause the specialized phenom comp review perch will enhance the pressure on your hands Expert rates and read saddle! While moving on and off the saddle the second-tier Phenom Pro Elaston saddle | 143mm Chameleon!