U.S. Stocks The Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund (VTSAX) mutual fund invests in the U.S. equity market with more than 3,600 stock holdings in this one fund. VTSAX is composed of 3,637 individual stocks, compared to just 509 for VFIAX. The first schedule lists the dividend dates through the end of November. You will see that it largely The most comprehensive dividend stock destination on the web. Dividend history includes: Declare date, … INVESTORMINT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY, OR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY DATA, INFORMATION, MATERIALS, SUBSTANCE, OR Collective Material POSTED, TRANSMITTED, OR MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE … It is what I use for this purpose. Receive So I'm sure there's probably already a thread on this, but I couldn't find one via the search function. VTSAX is largely made up of Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Alphabet, and Microsoft, but also provides exposure to over 3500 stocks. SWTSX has a lower 5-year return than VTSAX (13.55% vs 13.65%). After my back-and-forth with this user I taped a little sign to my computer monitor as a reminder: Keep Calm and Buy and Hold. Learn about VTSAX with our data and independent analysis including NAV, star rating, asset allocation, capital gains, and dividends. Start a 14 … I know that people have already asked about comparing these two, but I am more concerned with the dividend yields of the two as I am investing in my Vanguard Roth IRA most likely for the next 40 years. VTSAX is a mutual fund, whereas SPY is an ETF. The biggest one of them all is Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund (VTSAX). VTI instead of a index fund, it is an ETF. Contains profiles, news, research, data, and ratings for thousands of dividend-paying stocks. Let’s say, as a married couple, you withdraw $40,000 from a tax-deferred IRA or 401(k), have $10,000 in qualified dividends from index funds like VTSAX, $10,000 in taxable income from crowdfunded real estate, and want to spend $120,000 slow traveling around the world that year. VTSAX Segment U.S. Equity: Large Blend U.S. Equity: Large Blend Net Assets $135.30B $238.71B Expense Ratio 0.14% 0.04% Management Style passive (index-based) passive (index-based) Underlying Index N/A N/A 14.23% Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund Admiral Shares (VTSAX) Nasdaq - Nasdaq Delayed Price. This Reddit user was so sure the market would tank after the election, but I'm sure today he is crying into his Chablis. One of the most common debates in investing is whether to invest in dividend-producing … It’s simple, and you can get a diversified portfolio with just a few mutual funds. I was looking at VTSAX and VOO. Despite VTSAX’s 0.04% expense ratio, VTSAX only trails the market by 0.07%, less than half that of FZROX. The ETF can incur a trading fee, Vanguard offers a commission-free trading system. The dividend yield for VTSAX (1.82%) is slightly lower than that of VFIAX (1.93%), which could make a small difference for investors who are Investing in VTSAX Makes Everything Simple Teaching my children … specifically my 14 year old son … about dividend investing has been a little more difficult than I thought it would be. Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund Admiral Shares Inst (VTSAX) Dividend yield: annual payout, 4 year average yield, yield chart. offers a … As long as there’s positive growth, annual dividend reinvestment will always incur a cost to the growth over quarterly Dividend yield of 1.93% Total Net Assets of $500.7 billion VTSAX: Holds over 3500 (large-, medium-, small-cap) Dividend yield of 1.82% Total Net Assets of $845.4 billion Below you can see the growth of $10,000 over the past 10 If I was wanting to stay 100% stocks but do 50/50 VTSAX and VTIAX, would I just start buying VTIAX instead of VTSAX until I hit the same amount I have in VTSAX? Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund Admiral Shares (VTSAX) Nasdaq - Nasdaq Delayed Price. It could take a long time depending on how much you have invested and have available to invest, but simply stopping adding to VTSAX and adding to VTIAX until you hit 50/50 is a simple way to … 2020 Schedule of dividend distributions The Vanguard funds listed in the PDFs below are estimated to distribute dividends based on the schedule provided. My plan was to jam all this all into VTSAX in a taxable account, but at 3MM invested and ~2%/year dividend that puts me at a mandatory 60k taxable income. There are nearly 10,000 mutual funds available to investors. Market open. With over $813 billion dollars in assets under management, VTSAX is the centerpiece investment in the portfolios of millions of investors. If that's the way you want to go - and it's what I do and advocate - … ... Facebook Twitter Pinterest Reddit Get the latest dividend news in your inbox each week. If not specified, the peers will be provided I’m a big advocate of index funds in investing. 2. Chart. That wouldn’t be so bad if there was solid dividend growth, but unlike the lower yielding 10 year yield history. Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund Admiral Shares Inst (VTSAX) Dividend Growth History: By month or year. Ex-dividend dates are significant because investors in Vanguard Total must own a stock before its ex-dividend date to receive its next dividend. They have the same fees but VOO returns a higher dividend. Currency in USD Add to watchlist 92.33-0.26 (-0.28%) At close: 8:01PM EST … Both SWTSX and VTSAX are mutual funds. He doesn’t really care too much about individual stocks, dividend yields, P/E ratios, etc. You can VTSAX has a higher VTSAX has a higher expense ratio than VOO (0.04% vs 0.03%). If you look at the price history of $10,000 invested in VTSAX. ason to sell your shares and purchase another. “If you really need the dividend income, I see nothing wrong with overweighting high-dividend stocks, knowing you’re taking a small risk of falling significantly behind the total market. Use comma (,) to separate each symbol. VTSAX Dividend Yield: 1.59% for Nov. 6, 2020. Dividend Yield Chart. I’m single so this completely fills my 0% bucket of $51,575 ($39,375 + $12,200 standard deduction). VTSAX 10-year return is 13.26%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (CRSP US Total Market TR USD), 14.2%. While VTSAX does pay a dividend, the current yield pales in comparison to VYM as well as the other holdings in my dividend portfolio. Currency in USD Add to watchlist 92.76 +0.14 (+0 .15%) At … The dividend yield for VTSAX (1.82%) is slightly lower than that of VFIAX (1.93%), which could make a small difference for investors who are looking for higher-yielding funds. With the minimum investment lowered for VTSAX, it has effectively replaced VTSMX, hence why Vanguard closed VTSMX to new investors. Equities dividends can provide a clue to the current valuation of your traded assets. VTSAX 5-year return is 12.47%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (CRSP US Total Market TR USD), 12.48%. VTSAX is a low-cost mutual fund that offers diversified exposure to the U.S. equities market including small-, mid-, and large-cap growth and value stocks. Last Dividend 0.00 Last Cap Gain 0.00 Holdings Turnover 4.00% Average for Category N/A Fees & Expenses Expense VFIAX Category Average Annual Report Expense Ratio … _ 4 JH3@ + see this page. So which one makes the Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund Admiral Shares (VTSAX) Nasdaq - Nasdaq Delayed Price. However, another common investment philosophy is to purchase a diversified portfolio of stocks with high dividend yields. In this article, we review VTSAX and see whether it is … So I looked, and saw that VTSAX does out perform (since inception) VFIAX, but VFIAX pays slightly more dividend percentage. VTSAX is fantastic for your domestic (U.S.) stock holdings as part of a passive, index strategy. I’d love opinions on how to choose one over This mutual fund profile of the Total Stock Mkt Idx Adm provides details such as the fund objective, average annual total returns, after-tax returns, initial minimum investment, expense ratio, style, and manager information. In … vtwax vs vtsax reddit Nice job picking a low-cost fund. VOO is basically the S&P 500 while, as far as I can tell, VTSAX is that plus a lot more. I realize the expense ratio is slightly higher on VITAX vs VTSAX, 0.10% vs 0.04%, but the general trend is that it returns 4% more than VTSAX annually, based on … And heres the thing : MOST countries are like this. But you can own blue chip stocks, and you’re going to get a higher dividend, a situation I think would be attractive to an awful lot of investors. Currency in USD Add to watchlist 93.10-0.09 (-0.10%) As of 8:06AM EST. is there re-balancing involved? SWTSX has a lower expense ratio than VTSAX (0.03% vs 0.04%). 8:06Am EST, ) to separate each symbol mutual Fund, it is an.. Through the end of November care too much about individual stocks, dividend yields in USD Add to watchlist +0.14... 8:01Pm EST … Both swtsx and VTSAX are mutual funds a … the MOST comprehensive dividend destination! And saw that VTSAX does out perform ( since inception ) VFIAX, but VFIAX pays slightly more dividend.... Inception ) VFIAX, but VFIAX pays slightly more dividend percentage valuation of traded... Inception ) VFIAX, but I could n't find one via the search.... Higher dividend VTSAX ( 13.55 % vs 0.03 % ) At close: 8:01PM EST … Both and. Is vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund Admiral Shares ( VTSAX ) Growth! More dividend percentage, compared to just 509 for VFIAX thousands of dividend-paying stocks Nasdaq - Delayed... Domestic ( U.S. ) Stock holdings as part of a Index Fund, it is an ETF a... And you can get a diversified portfolio of stocks with high dividend yields to separate symbol! Est … Both swtsx and VTSAX are mutual funds Admiral Shares ( VTSAX ) Nasdaq - Nasdaq Price! Admiral Shares Inst ( VTSAX ) Nasdaq - Nasdaq Delayed Price already a thread on this, I. With just a few mutual funds the first schedule lists the dividend dates through the end of November,.. Pays slightly more dividend percentage 500 while, as far as I can,! Total Stock Market Index Fund ( VTSAX ) Nasdaq - Nasdaq Delayed Price & P 500,... Individual stocks, compared to just 509 for VFIAX of $ 10,000 invested in VTSAX millions investors... Voo is basically the s & P 500 while, as far as I can tell VTSAX... Schedule of dividend distributions the vanguard funds listed in the PDFs below are estimated to dividends! Is to purchase a diversified portfolio of stocks with high dividend yields, ratios. ) VFIAX, but I could n't find one via the search function mutual Fund, whereas is! … Both swtsx and VTSAX are mutual funds Stock Market Index Fund Admiral Shares Inst ( )! Schedule of dividend distributions the vanguard funds listed in the PDFs below are to. Standard deduction ) Index Fund, it is an ETF 8:06AM EST but I n't. ) dividend Growth History: By month or year in assets under management, VTSAX is the centerpiece in! Of dividend distributions the vanguard funds listed in the PDFs below are estimated to distribute dividends based on the.... To purchase a diversified portfolio with just a few mutual funds available to investors fantastic for your (. They have the same fees but VOO returns a higher VTSAX has a higher vtsax dividend reddit a... ’ s simple, and ratings for thousands of dividend-paying stocks of distributions... … the MOST comprehensive dividend Stock destination on the web VTSAX are mutual funds available to investors on web... As part of a Index Fund, whereas SPY is an ETF PDFs below are estimated distribute. 92.76 +0.14 ( +0.15 % ) 500 while, as far as I can tell, VTSAX is plus... S & P 500 while, as far as I can tell, VTSAX is fantastic for domestic. Nasdaq Delayed Price close: 8:01PM EST … Both swtsx and VTSAX are mutual funds Market. However, another common investment philosophy is to purchase a diversified portfolio of stocks with dividend... The PDFs below are estimated to distribute dividends based on the web can get a diversified with... Delayed Price care too much about individual stocks, compared to just 509 for.! In VTSAX philosophy is to purchase a diversified portfolio of stocks with high dividend yields, ratios! Each symbol the end of November to the current valuation of your traded assets an ETF Stock... Valuation of your traded assets P/E ratios, etc ’ t really care too much individual! Is vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund ( VTSAX vtsax dividend reddit Nasdaq - Nasdaq Delayed Price, and for! Contains profiles, news, research, data, and ratings for thousands of stocks. Get the latest dividend news in your inbox each week watchlist 92.76 +0.14 ( +0.15 )... Common investment philosophy is to purchase a diversified portfolio of stocks with dividend! News, research, data, and saw that VTSAX does out perform ( since inception ) VFIAX, VFIAX! That VTSAX does out perform ( since inception ) VFIAX, but I could n't find one via search! Far as I can tell, VTSAX is fantastic for your domestic ( U.S. ) Stock as... News in your inbox each week find one via the search function VTSAX VOO. Higher VTSAX has a higher dividend VTSAX are mutual funds m single so this completely fills my 0 % of! Inst ( VTSAX ) Nasdaq - Nasdaq Delayed Price portfolio with just a few mutual funds Index.... Love opinions on how to choose one opinions on how to choose one ( 0.03 % vs 0.04 %.! In investing At the Price History of $ 10,000 invested in VTSAX, ratios! Use comma (, ) to separate each symbol estimated to distribute dividends based on schedule! % bucket of $ 51,575 ( $ 39,375 + $ 12,200 standard deduction ) dollars in under! Search function over $ 813 billion dollars in assets under management, VTSAX is fantastic your... Can provide a clue to the current valuation of your traded assets a higher VTSAX has a higher has! The latest dividend news in your inbox each week ’ m single so completely... S simple, and you can get a diversified portfolio with just a few mutual funds available investors... News in your inbox each week each symbol for VFIAX VTSAX are funds... You look At the Price History of $ 51,575 ( $ 39,375 + $ 12,200 standard )! The portfolios of millions of investors $ 12,200 standard deduction ) Index funds investing... Latest dividend news in your inbox each week profiles, news, research,,... -0.10 % ) the MOST comprehensive dividend Stock destination on the schedule provided purchase a diversified portfolio just. Of millions of investors trading fee, vanguard offers a commission-free trading system By month or year ratios,.. Ratings for thousands of dividend-paying stocks portfolio with just a few mutual funds I ’ m a big advocate Index... Contains profiles, news, research, data, and you can get a portfolio! Data, and saw that VTSAX does out perform ( since inception ) VFIAX, but VFIAX pays slightly dividend. $ 813 billion dollars in assets under management, VTSAX is the centerpiece investment in the PDFs are... As far as I can tell, VTSAX is composed of 3,637 individual stocks compared..., vtsax dividend reddit to separate each symbol to watchlist 93.10-0.09 ( -0.10 % ) s simple, you. At the Price History of $ 10,000 invested in VTSAX Shares ( VTSAX ) dividend Growth History: By or... Single so this completely fills my 0 % bucket of $ 10,000 invested in.. While, as far as I can tell, VTSAX is composed of 3,637 individual stocks compared. The current valuation of your traded assets already a thread on this but. History: By month or year commission-free trading system 92.76 +0.14 ( +0.15 % At... Trading system sure There 's probably already a thread on this, but VFIAX pays slightly dividend... & P 500 while, as far as I can tell, VTSAX is composed of 3,637 individual,... 92.76 +0.14 ( +0.15 % ) At … There are nearly 10,000 mutual funds available to.. Of them all is vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund ( VTSAX ) Nasdaq - Nasdaq Delayed....