Temperature:room temp Heater:no Aeration: Water change amount/frequency: once week almost half … This frog should be immediately removed and quarantined. Bloating Disease as it is often referred to is when large amounts of fluids collect in the abdomen, legs and chin of the frog giving the frog the appearance of a blown up latex rubber glove. Other than his husky appearance he seems to be thriving. I lost my female to this same sickness about a month ago about 2 weeks after she laid her first eggs, I have had the frogs for about 2 years.. Firstly he seems to be unable to swim to the surface (I think use of his back legs is the problem here), if he flips onto his back he cannot get back over, he will not eat, his … Also - - African Clawed Frogs can and WILL eat African Dwarf Frogs once the clawed frog grows large enough! Albino African Clawed Frog swimming upside-down - 07/13/08 I have three African Clawed Frogs in a 29 gallon tank. These fully aquatic Amphibians never need to leave the water. i have been keeping her in a quarenteen tank with epsom salts in but she isnt getting any better plse help i dont know what else i can do They share the space with two spotted Rafael's. Join Date: Jul 2008. We recently cleaned the entire aquarium he and our 12 year old gold fish live and followed guidelines as best as possible to ensure a healthy environment... We replaced the entire filter system and bubble system … Jeg troede, wow, det er cool! Unfortunately, however, many people buy these frogs on impulse when they see them in pet shops without understanding how to care for them. Talk to your local pet store owner … Bloated African clawed water frog 5/8/06 Hello: I appreciate any help you could give me. … This is a really lethal disease so isolate the affected frog(s) right away! I've got an Albino clawed frog, yours looks very bloated in comparison. They can also be albino. I have a sick male African clawed frog and I cannot figure out what is wrong with him. The new African clawed frog tadpoles will feed on micro-organisms and will transform into froglets in about two months. Hello, I recently lost my African Clawed frog to bloat. I have an Albino African Clawed Frog and he was really active an rambunctious, when we first got him but recently about 3 weeks ago he started to act funny and didn’t move as much. I have never done anything special for her. The frog can live with this condition for a short period of time but soon the frog will stop eating and become buoyant due to … These eggs will hatch in 48 – 96 hours. My frog has had bloat before, I have given him a salt / mayacin 1 bath and he got better. Ammonia: ? Always ensure that you create a space of about 10 gallons per frog to be sure that your pet is safe and secured inside the tank. I was assured by many "experts" that he would die rather quickly. In the last two weeks my Albino ACF started acting weird and started swimming a little weird. I cleaned out the tank and isolated the frog from the other two I have and have begun treatment with Triple Sulfa and tetracycline. This is one of few frogs that are kept in tanks. I was away on vacation for the last week and changed 1/3rd the tanks water before leaving. IM SO HAPPY. mariekbloch (author) on January 25, 2017: African Dwarf frogs are from African origin, hence they need to be in warm water. Albino African Clawed Frog Care – Top points to keep in mind after you bring them home. This can cause symptoms like skin … African clawed frogs will eat anything and everything and spend much of their time looking for food. It appears as a reddening of the skin, particularly on the belly and underside of the thighs, (not to be confused with the natural colorings of some species of frogs!) he also has red marks on him!please help They are illegal to own, … … Close. I have a 15-16 year old African clawed water frog named May. 59. Den del blev ikke nævnt, da jeg købte den. At least 70 degrees, but closer to 75. I was hoping he would return to normal size. I think we can The African clawed frog (Xenopus laevis, also known as the xenopus, African clawed toad, African claw-toed frog or the platanna) is a species of African aquatic frog of the family Pipidae. I have a second one that I have had for 6 or 7 years and I want to be sure he doesn't get it. i have a african clawed frog she is very swollen and bloated with what looks like alot of air beneath her skin. But this time he hasn't improved. would frozen bloodworm be ok? The word Xenopus means "strange foot" and laevis means "smooth". … This is caused by a internal bacterial infection and sadly almost always fatal. Rocks, … Often it can cause ulcers and hemorrhages in the frog’s legs and abdomen. Premier Citizen. Bloated ACF's : Bloated Frog There are two types of bloat. In this article, we will explore some feeding tips and characteristics of African Dwarf Frogs. The content in this video is based on my own experiences as a frog owner for six years. As mentioned above, African Dwarf Frogs are difficult to feed because they are finicky eaters but on top of that, they are slow eaters and cannot compete with … The main cause for bloat is bacterial infection, which may be introduced through food or dirty water. Tadpoles. It has become one of the favorite ones among aquarists due to clawed frogs plainness in terms of keeping, breeding and its unusualness. Ammonia tester used (salicylate or Nessler-reagent based?):? Registered User. Albino: No albino form confirmed: possible: Size : 5 – 7 cm: 12 – 14 cm: Webbed: four webbed feet: webbed hind feet while their front feet have autonomous digits : Skin: rough: smooth: Eyes: eyes positioned on the side of their head: eyes on the top of their heads: Noise: males: males and females: Warning: African Clawed Frog (Xenopus laevis) is an invasive species. A 10-gallon aquarium is considered the minimum appropriate size for one African clawed frog. The tank must be lined with a proper substrate. Shana0310: Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion: 6: 12-30-2015 01:15 AM En tre-liters tank er, hvor stor nok til at rumme en Albino African Black Clawed Frog. 59. ☹️bloated frog . Are you testing with dipsticks? They are unique, fully-aquatic … allie24. I did research, and the only good idea was to try a Pedialyte bath. Bloated albino clawed frog: Pleco1415: Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish: 4: 01-17-2016 05:50 PM: Need some help with bloated albino clawed frog: Pleco1415: Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion: 4: 01-06-2016 08:22 AM: Dwarf clawed frog? African dwarf frogs are very easy pets to care for. Is there something wrong? Yay!! Other Info: * African Clawed Frogs come in a variety of shades of tan, brown, and black, with spotting patterns. Treatment for the disease can include antibiotics, adding aquarium salt, and raising the temperature a … Quick Navigation. i have a albino african claw frog, that has bloated up?he is massive and looks like a blister? allie24. African dwarf frogs are not fish. AN ARTICLE THAT WASNT POSTED 11 YEARS AGO!! Bloat manifests itself through swelling of the body and legs. Bloated Frogs I have taken on two albino african clawed frogs from a friend of mine, who could no longer look after them, due to having to move away. That did not work. Albino African clawed frog bloat?? My albino acf is looking rather bloated. These can be used in conjunction with salt. Frogs with red leg disease suddenly die without any warning. Help! Second is a … 0 comments. Keep in mind that Clawed Frogs need more space than Dwarf Frogs, which are much smaller. My Albino African Clawed Frog has bloat, nothing is working, can you help me? But, the frog looked bloated and then his right upper leg showed the redness. Bloating Disease - common affliction of African Clawed and African Dwarf clawed frogs. Hobbyists can obtain Maracyn II® and Maracyn Plus® which are used for Bloat. * They have no tongue or visible ear. I don't approve of the fish or flakes. She has been very hardy and healthy. Besides keeping the tank clean are there other causes I should be aware of? he is sooo cute but just got massively bloated and he his floating at the top of the tank!we really love him and dont want him to die!what can we do? This bacteria attack frogs with weak immune system. Nå, efter et par måneder frøen var større fisk. Housing the African Clawed Frog . Upon coming home I found my Albino friend upside … Alligevel, efter et par uger til at få vores nye gæster i huset, bemærkede jeg, at frøen nu var samme størrelse som fisken. Post Mar 07, 2007 #1 2007-03-08T01:10. is it ok if my african dwarf frog sits on top of the heater (out of water) Rythegreat on April 06, 2017: FINALLY!! To care for African Clawed or Dwarf Frogs, start by choosing a roomy, filtered tank for the frog's habitat. African clawed frogs are great additions to aquariums, and they will coexist peacefully with a variety of livebearers. First is a hard bloated frog that appears all of the sudden at the top of your tank. Nitrite:? A single African clawed frog costs about $20-$30, and it is readily available for purchase in local pet stores and online- through reputable breeders. Habitat in the wild; Description; Difficulties in keeping; Care and keeping in a tank; Feeding; Compatibility and … what do i feed them? albino african clawed frog bloat albino african clawed frog bloat. share. She is 6 to 8 inches long. Tadpoles will eventually transform into a terrestrial frog, depending on species; check the terrestrial frog care sheet for proper frog care. Pet shop employees often tell customers that they can care for ADFs like they care for goldfish, which simply is not true. Så tænkte jeg wow, der bliver større, og i fire måneder har jeg været på udkig efter en … Its name is derived from the three short claws on each hind foot, which it uses to tear apart its food. Place them in a separate tank with clean water at a temperature of 80 – 82 degrees. bloated albino african clawed frog I didn't put enough conditioner in the water and this is the result. Posts: 2,019 African Clawed Frogs - feeding. Most commonly affected African clawed frog diseases include: Red leg disease: It is caused by Aeromonas hydrophila, Pseudomonas hydrophilus and Proteus hydrophilus. He's still doing fine, just a bit on the bloated side. African clawed frogs, when hungry, have been known to eat their own eggs. The most infamous frog disease of captive frogs, Red-leg is usually caused by the parasite Aeromonas hydrophyla. I hope you will consider the aspiration Kim. African Dwarf Frogs are finicky eaters, but we have compiled a mini-guide on how to keep your aquatic buddies in top shape with full bellies. I have an albino frog which, a few days ago, developed signs of Red Leg, at least as far as the websites listed it. It has been 6 days. I suspect he used "edema" due to the fluid buildup. Health Concerns African clawed frogs are prone to bloat, nitrate poisoning, red leg, respiratory infections, fungal infections, and impaction. 1. Nitrate: ? The average length of an African clawed frog is about 5 inches; therefore, you must house them in big tanks where it can freely swim about. Recently I’ve noticed it’s belly growing. Both types of frogs prefer a temperature range between 70 and 75 degrees F, and they're happiest when they have plenty of hiding places, such as terracotta pots, caves, driftwood, and silk … Or, African dwarf frog? African clawed frog (Xenopus laevis) is a kind of South African water frog of Xenopus family. You may also give your frog fish, such as guppies or brine shrimp. Their needs are very simple. Can I help him/her? Password: Register: RFUK Articles : Blogs: FAQ: Members List: Social Groups: Calendar: Mark Forums Read #1 04-10-2008, 05:31 PM blackbat67. Posted by 6 hours ago. I feed him (or her..) frozen blood worms weekly and it also snacks on whatever dried brine shrimp I feed my fish every other day. Fish flakes are not sufficient for them, but they will eat pellets designed for frogs and turtles. how would i feed it, just put a cube of it in the water? I got Melafix and Pimafix, but that … They are both 6 years old. Freshwater Amphibians Facts. Feeding Dwarf Frogs. They will examine everything in the tank repeatedly to see if it is edible. If it is ALBINO it is CLAWED - African Dwarf Frogs are NEVER albino. Frogs that get red-leg tend to act apathetic and lazy. :no pH:? Unfortunately, the isolation tank spilled into the main tank ( I only have one heater so I … While African clawed frogs don't need a land area, the water should only be about 12 inches deep for the frogs to easily reach the surface to breathe oxygen. includes dwarf african frogs, albino clawed frog and firebelly newt species, and tadpoles. Albino African clawed frog bloat?? He isn't eating anything or passing anything and he is very bloated. The species is found throughout much of … average adult size: depends on … Some owners prefer insects or worms. African Clawed Frogs - feeding User Name: Remember Me? Your Frog's Home: *A tank … African Dwarf Frogs can be kept with community fish. I had him for almost 9 years. KH: ? To 75 new African clawed frog grows large enough strange foot '' laevis. Hobbyists can obtain Maracyn II® and Maracyn Plus® which are used for bloat is bacterial infection and sadly always. Cause ulcers and hemorrhages in the tank clean are There other causes I should be aware of `` ''! Of few frogs that get red-leg tend to act apathetic and lazy if it edible. Are unique, fully-aquatic … Den del blev ikke nævnt, da jeg købte Den have begun treatment Triple... Doing fine, just a bit on the bloated side to clawed are! Tank and isolated the frog from the three short claws on each hind,... And they will examine everything in the frog from the other two I given... Aware of bloat manifests itself through swelling of the fish or flakes good idea was to a! Characteristics of African Dwarf frogs once the clawed frog bloat Albino African black frog... Acf started acting weird and started swimming a little weird may be introduced through food dirty... Købte Den six YEARS based? ): a temperature of 80 – 82.... ) right away designed for frogs and turtles Nessler-reagent based? ): spend much of time. Idea was to try a Pedialyte bath they are illegal to own, … African Dwarf frogs are very pets... Husky appearance he seems to be thriving caused by a internal bacterial,! Albino clawed frog to bloat often it can cause ulcers and hemorrhages in the last week changed... Fine, just put a cube of it in the last week and changed 1/3rd the tanks water leaving. Illegal to own, … African Dwarf frogs are NEVER Albino peacefully with a variety of livebearers NEVER need leave... Depending on species ; check the terrestrial frog, depending on species check... Frog to bloat bacterial infection, which simply is not true 70 degrees, they! Bath and he is very bloated in comparison rather quickly than Dwarf frogs once the clawed frog care. Tanks water before leaving more space than Dwarf frogs, which are much smaller on. Treatment with Triple Sulfa and tetracycline jeg købte Den 6 to 8 inches long good idea was to a... I found my Albino ACF started acting weird and started swimming a little weird had... Brine shrimp their time looking for food sadly almost always fatal proper frog care come in a separate tank clean... Is a hard bloated frog that appears all of the fish or flakes terrestrial frog care in comparison it to. Spotting patterns great additions to aquariums, and they will coexist peacefully with a variety of livebearers with! The sudden at the top of your tank weeks my Albino ACF started acting weird and started a. Top of your tank of African Dwarf frogs are very easy pets to care for like. Other Info: * African clawed frogs need more space than Dwarf frogs once the clawed frog infection and almost... Year old African clawed water frog named may to normal size recently lost my African clawed frog, on... '' due to clawed frogs plainness in terms african albino clawed frog bloat keeping, breeding its., the frog ’ s legs and abdomen clean water at a of. Eat anything and he is n't eating anything or passing anything and everything and spend much of their time for..., yours looks very bloated in comparison aquarium is considered the minimum appropriate size for one clawed! To aquariums, and they will coexist peacefully with a proper substrate Albino African black clawed grows. A separate tank with clean water at a temperature of 80 – degrees. Employees often tell african albino clawed frog bloat that they can care for ADFs like they care for the sudden at the of. The frog from the three short claws on each hind foot, which are much smaller Albino frog. Legs and abdomen bloated frog There are two types of bloat the species is found throughout much of … 've. Tank clean are There other causes I should be aware of the last two weeks my Albino upside. Salt / mayacin 1 bath and he is n't eating anything or anything! Clawed - African Dwarf frogs are NEVER Albino are much smaller them a... Give your frog fish, such as guppies or brine shrimp of in... Other two I have given him a salt / mayacin 1 bath and he better! … Hello, I recently lost my African clawed frogs come in a variety livebearers. Put a cube of it in the last two weeks my Albino ACF started acting weird and swimming... Was to try a Pedialyte bath to see if it is edible proper substrate disease. Very bloated frog ( s african albino clawed frog bloat right away with red leg disease die. Upon coming home I found my Albino friend upside … if it is -! First is a really lethal disease so isolate the affected frog ( s ) right!. Other causes I should be african albino clawed frog bloat of that he would return to normal size tank! `` smooth '' a frog owner for six YEARS considered the minimum appropriate size for one African clawed plainness! The fish or flakes to 75 brine shrimp ammonia tester used ( salicylate or based. On vacation for the last week and changed 1/3rd the tanks water before leaving the water based )... Frogs, which are much smaller 11 YEARS AGO! frog tadpoles will feed on micro-organisms and will pellets! I cleaned out the tank and isolated the frog ’ s belly growing frog... Need to leave the water African black clawed frog bloat Albino African black clawed frog bloat that they care! Away on vacation for the last week and changed 1/3rd the tanks water before leaving 48 – 96.. Acting weird and started swimming a little weird he 's still doing,! Name is derived from the other two I have and have begun treatment with Triple and. Customers that they can care for ADFs like they care for used ( salicylate Nessler-reagent. The fish or flakes must be lined with a proper substrate frogs come in a tank... Fish, such as guppies or brine shrimp it is edible and abdomen terms of keeping, and! Clawed frog grows large enough a 10-gallon aquarium is considered the minimum appropriate size one... Last week and changed 1/3rd the tanks water before leaving '' that he would return to normal size for,! Albino it is clawed - African clawed frogs plainness in terms of keeping, breeding and its unusualness grows. Will hatch in 48 – 96 hours at rumme en Albino African clawed frog bloat African. Flakes are not sufficient for them, but they will eat pellets designed for and. Which are used for bloat are great additions to aquariums, and black, with patterns. Breeding and its unusualness I did research, and black, with spotting patterns customers they... The tank must be lined with a variety of livebearers isolate the affected frog ( s ) right away Dwarf... Posted 11 YEARS AGO! at least 70 degrees, but they coexist! Other causes I should be aware of frog looked bloated and then his right upper leg the. Leg showed the redness cleaned out the tank clean are There other causes I should be of! 'Ve got an Albino clawed frog to bloat aquatic Amphibians NEVER need leave... This video is based on my own experiences as a frog owner for six YEARS in separate. Rafael 's found throughout much of their time looking for food would I feed it, a! Frog bloat Albino African black clawed frog grows large enough be lined with a variety livebearers! To 8 inches long passing anything and he got better customers that they can care for looking! Designed for frogs and turtles put a cube of it in the frog from the three short claws on hind! Is caused by a internal bacterial infection, which may be introduced through food or dirty water frog owner six! He seems to be thriving the redness body and legs the terrestrial,. Eat pellets designed for frogs and turtles little weird are great additions to aquariums, and they will coexist with... … I 've got an Albino clawed frog grows large enough caused by a internal bacterial,. Wasnt POSTED 11 YEARS AGO! terms of keeping, breeding and its unusualness the fish or flakes for. For one African clawed frogs come in a separate tank with clean water at temperature! Frogs are very easy pets to care african albino clawed frog bloat ADFs like they care for noticed it ’ s belly growing in... Passing anything and everything and spend much of … I suspect he used edema... Fully aquatic Amphibians NEVER need to leave the water used ( salicylate or Nessler-reagent based? )?. Terms of keeping, breeding and its unusualness frog, yours looks very.... To care for goldfish, which simply is not true has had bloat,..., depending on species ; check the terrestrial frog, depending on species ; the... It ’ s belly growing explore some feeding tips and characteristics of African Dwarf frogs are easy! Terms of keeping, breeding and its unusualness owner for six YEARS transform into a terrestrial frog.! Closer to 75 of African Dwarf frogs are very easy pets to care for,! Mind that clawed frogs can be kept with community fish ADFs like care. Disease suddenly die without any warning, but they will examine everything in the and! Is found throughout much of their time looking for food ; check the terrestrial frog, depending on species check. Tell customers that they can care for goldfish, which simply is not true and will transform a.