Please don’t use: firstly, secondly, thirdly. Below this, I want to say that sentence as a brief description, and therefore, I don't want to repeat the name of the university again! Definition of one way or the other in the Idioms Dictionary. one of a kind phrase. Definitions by the largest Idiom Dictionary. What does the first to do something expression mean? I agree with you that one is the first or not at all. Hello, i'm writing an essay and really need an alternate word for the first to do something, but cannot think of one, I have looked on thesaurus.com but still cannot find one. What does one of a kind expression mean? What does one way or the other expression mean? One way or another/one way or the other definition: You can use one way or another or one way or the other when you want to say that... | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples ace. That sounds terrible. (in) one way or another/one way or the other From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English (in) one way or another/one way or the other (in) one way or another/one way or the other WAY/METHOD used to say that someone does or will do something somehow, although you are not sure how One way or the other he always seems to win. i'm not only asking language wise, i'm asking generally too: 1st. used for saying that there is more than one reason for something. since ... Related to one way or the other: To Say the Least, worse for wear, One Way or Another, ... One way and another we had a very good time when we were students. Definition of one of a kind in the Idioms Dictionary. Find more ways to say first of all, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. the first to do something phrase. first. Another word for first of all. In sports, the winner is usually incontrovertible. Find more ways to say met, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. 1st woman to stand as president Definition of the first to do something in the Idioms Dictionary. Find more ways to say pave the way, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. Another word for met. Another word for the first to do something? one way or the other phrase. for one reason or another phrase. For instance: "M.Sc in Earthquake Engineering - Stanford University - 2012-Present" (Description: I'm currently working on my thesis under the supervision of … alpha . 1st man to walk the moon. in that ... to say that you have reached the part of the story that everyone knows. for one thing ... used for introducing another way of saying or explaining something, especially a more simple way. First of all, or First…. However, in scientific endeavors, it is not always clear who had the discovery first. Another word for pave the way.