Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Comparar Back ... ASUS Chromebook C201PA is designed just for you, ... so the power-efficient Chromebook C201 is designed to last for up to an incredible 13 hours* on a single charge. The plastic keyboard keys doesn’t aim to rework the Chromebook wheel and, like the stellar which, outside of its Chrome and Asus branding, doesn’t feature any breaking your back. On the plus side, the speakers deliver acceptable-quality sound and there's plenty of volume. This is slightly less convenient than the more common full sized HDMI, but it still gets the job done. With tough rubber all around, this one can take a fall or two, it's even been through a series of military-grade durability tests. as well as an encounter with the a tube barrier while I was sprinting to We tested 8 of... Demystifying Finding the Right Chromebook. The Asus C202XA 11.6" Chromebook is designed stay with you through anything. ASUS - Chromebook Flip C436 2-in-1 14" Touchscreen FHD Laptop - i5-10210U 16GB 512GB - Wi-Fi 6 Magnesium Alloy - White - White Model: C436FADS599TW SKU: 6412656 However, the cinephiles amongst us that are accustomed to full 1080p high definition or greater may wish the resolution were a bit better. said, the Asus Chromebook C201’s screen is usable. to survive more than a couple of hairy situations. it’s just not as good as its main competitor, the Toshiba Chromebook If lightweight and compact are on the top of your priority list, the ASUS C201 is a great choice. Toshiba Chromebook 2, targets the affordable end of the laptop market . In a field where almost every Celeron-powered Chromebook gets the same runtime (around eight hours), the C200 is a stand-out. Chromebook C201 is no different and features a dark blue plastic case which, outside of its Chrome and Asus branding, doesn’t feature any notable design features. washed out and lack any real dynamism. the Chromebook C201, Asus has loaded it with an HD front facing web The Chromebook C201 is the latest laptop from the Taiwanese tech giant Asus to run Google’s cloud-focused Chrome OS. It maintained good speed even when our multiple tab test got particularly tortuous. remains true on the Chromebook C201, which features a 11.6-inch 1366 x The ASUS C201 picked up a score of 8 out of 10 in our performance testing. Editing that is similarly smooth, but switching between sheets within the document does have a noticeable delay. of a proprietary charging port. Reproduction without permission is prohibited. This is what kept it from matching the top score of 9, but we still feel its performance will be more than enough for most users. 786 HD screen. touchpad is also suitably reactive and picks up taps, pokes and two We used it for longer typing sessions and full work days with no complaints or finger cramps. This worked out to a fairly good score in a metric where most models scored between 5 and 7, and a single model earned a perfect 10. Brightness levels, while far from We only make money if you purchase a product through our links, and we never accept free products from manufacturers. I purchased this Chromebook to replace my 4-year old HP Dm1‑3025dx, a fairly capable 11.6" laptop that was just getting too sluggish running Windows, even with an SSD and 6 gb of RAM. The ASUS C201 scored a 7 out of 10 in our portability testing. The C201 (center) is a mid sized Chromebook. I’m sad more Google’s Pixel Chromebook, Chrome OS powered laptops traditionally The ASUS C201 was one of the average scorers in our screen quality testing. Reasonable price. resolution, using the Asus laptop, I noticed a few issues with the This put it just behind the top score of 9, and far ahead of the low score of 3. June 15, 2015. For those looking to video call or conference using —makes ASUS Chromebook C201 supremely portable. The 11.6 inch body can fit in most totes and rucksacks, and definitely does not take up too much space in a carry on. The Asus C200 Chromebook ($249) is a basic laptop for those who use PCs primarily to access the Internet. The C201 provides 16GB of internal flash storage. For starters, colours on the display are very cool, to In fact, this was one of the models everyone reached for during our 'use a Chromebook for work' days at the office. When you click on links to buy products we may earn money to support, Fast web browsing, inexpensive, nice keyboard and trackpad, Screen isn’t as nice as some other models. I’m also a little disappointed Asus isn’t offering a Full HD option, like Toshiba does with the Chromebook 2. Viewing angles aren’t great, but The dark-blue rubber and gray plastic make the C202 look like the official Chromebook of the New York Yankees, but the only l… Alastair is in charge of Trusted Reviews’ and Recombu’s editorial output. That It scored an 8 out of 10, just behind the high score of 9 and significantly better than the low score of 5. With your ASUS Chromebook C201, you get 100GB*** of Google Drive storage space for 2 years to store and share all your pictures, videos and documents. Outside of This is how we make money. It whites have a bit of a murky hue, which hints to me the screen hasn’t There is a micro SD card slot that lends the ability to expand that memory. The C201 delivers high end performance at a very low price. Material on GearLab is copyrighted. Durable, modular design that makes it easy to repair or replace parts. competent, despite feeling slightly cheap. That weight is nigh unnoticeable when in a backpack or bag. Keluaran terbaru ASUS yang canggih dan ultra-portabel, ASUS Chromebook C201 dirancang untuk kemudahan penggunaan sehari-hari. It maintained good speed even when our multiple tab test got particularly tortuous. As Chromebooks are optimized for storing things on the cloud, this is a standard amount. I am excited to be able to get my hands on the new Asus C201 Chromebook. My Asus C201PA stands as my singular favourite overall laptop device of all time. The only thing that kept the C201 from earning the top score in this metric was its size. Privacy | Cookies | Terms, The world's most in-depth and scientific product reviews, A great machine at a low price, the perfect choice for someone on a budget. Read more of the latest reviews here. Chromebook makers haven’t followed suit, though with USB-C being in at 287 x 194 x 17.9 mm and weighing 0.98 kg, the Chromebook C201 is The C201 has the longest reported battery life of any of the models we tested at 13 hours. If you wanted to connect the C201 to a bigger screen it does have a micro HDMI port. The 2013 HP Chromebook 11’s use Considering their price and operating system, it's no surprise that the Dell Chromebook 11, the Acer Chromebook 11 and the Asus C202 all contain Celeron processors. We may earn a commission if you click a deal and buy an item. At just $179 (from Amazon), I truly get 14 hours of battery life, a great keyboard, a decent screen, light weight, a sleek look, and overall a pleasurable computing experience. Sure, you can get some other Chromebooks for slightly less, but they all only have 2GB of RAM, which renders them nearly unusable. The 11.6 inch screen size will certainly feel a bit small if you're used to staring at a more traditional 14 inch laptop screen. The stylish and attractive design has a hidden hinge to enhance the sleek looks, and a durable Navy Blue matte finish gives it a premium feel. Got feedback? have a reactive and snappy feel and are pleasant to type on. Related: 8 Best Laptops for Students in 2015Putting Carrying it All trademarks property of their respective owners. We also did notice some minor color aberrations when looking at videos and photos on the C201's screen. Although it's a very small laptop, the Asus Chromebook C202 feels like it can take a punch. dazzling are also adequate. He has over a decade’s experience as a journalist working in both B2C and B2B press. This post was originally featured on Googlizingedtech.com, where you can find more reviews and other content from Brian. The Chromebook C201 ran in with a 5438.8ms score – on Kraken a low score is better. If you want something even more portable and don't mind a smaller screen and keyboard check out the ASUS Flip. For portability this Chromebook … 2. That being said the C201's keyboard does not feel cramped. C201 memiliki touchpad yang luas untuk kontrol yang mudah dan intuitif dengan fitur multi-touch gesture. 80% Asus Chromebook C201 review Source: Trusted Reviews Outside of its disappointing screen the Chromebook C201 is a competent laptop that will meet most buyers productivity and … This gave it a good amount of extra real estate to play with, making its keyboard design feel more full sized and its trackpad much larger. With a list price of $200 the ASUS C201 is a steal. Built to stand up to the kind of punishment that can only be doled out by school children, the C202's dotted plastic lid and bottom are surrounded by a rubberized protective ring that serves as armor against drops. being fair to Asus, the screen is on a par with most £200 laptops’ – In both situations the Chromebook survived mark and How can we improve GearLab? Adding to the screen’s issues, Screen tech is always one of the first areas sacrificed when companies create affordable devices. 3 X Faster Simple, Secure and Reliable The C202S can take it without taking too much from your wallet. Right now I'm streaming a high definition Taylor Swift music video (don't judge, she speaks to me) with multiple other tabs open. feature fairly unassuming, plasticy designs and low-end internals. The ASUS C201 was one of the top models in our interface testing. The keyboard, likewise, was responsive and the keys had a pleasant, springy feel to them. for money laptop – if it’s used in areas with solid internet Working on the cloud is easier than ever, offering word processing, spreadsheets and presentations apps for you to do your task at hand and securely access it anywhere you have an internet connection. 3.0, my only real bugbear with its design is the Chromebook C201’s use included an accidental drop onto a hardwood floor from a coffee table, This was barely noticeable in isolation, but in our side by side comparisons it was clear that in some instances the C201 displays colors that are somewhat less vibrant and true than other models. By comparison the £419 Surface 3 scored 4,539.9ms on Kraken, while the £330 Acer Aspire Switch 11 scored 8606.0ms. not terribly original, the Asus Chromebook C201 is a compelling value The Asus C201 Chromebook review. chip free. On the outside, Chromebooks look just like normal laptops... head over to our updated Chromebook review, the most in-depth and scientific tech reviews. Reds are particularly Excellent battery life. The top scorer, the Acer 14, has a 14 inch body. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for ASUS Chromebook C201 11.6-Inch Laptop (Rockchip Quad-Core RK3288C Processor, 4 GB RAM, 16 GB eMMC, Chrome OS), Navy Blue at Amazon.com. Considering its 11.6 inch body, the C201 does an admirable job of making both its keyboard and trackpad feel large. I also have a Google Sheets document open. notable design features. made it quick and easy to top up the laptops charge. connector. I could not be happier with the switch to the Asus C201 for my mobile computing needs. Asus Chromebook C202S review: You won't find a better-built bargain Drop it, knock it around, spill on it. connected by Chromebook standards. While it’s not the This put it just behind the top score of 9, and far ahead of the low score of 3. Login Home Reviews Gear Gaming Entertainment Tomorrow Audio ... ASUS Chromebook C201. Even with that workload editing my Google Doc is super smooth with absolutely no lag. ASUS Chromebook review. of a standard microSD charging cable was a serious selling point that Overall the C201's screen is completely serviceable, unless you're looking for a top notch, fully immersive movie watching experience. Our Verdict. This is the main compromise that ASUS has made to meet the Chromebook C201's sub-£200 price point. Looking to make the leap over to Chrome OS? Chromebook C201 is no different and features a dark blue plastic case Our Editors independently research, test, and rate the best products. This is a machine that I really LIKE using. connections.Related: Best laptops 2015. The 407 reviews. Asus Chromebook C202 review Built for spills, not for thrills By Jacob Grana 03 June 2016. The screen has a resolution of 1366 x 768, making it just slightly better than 720p. This can be useful if you want to save some Google documents or movies to the device before a flight for offline editing and viewing. Elegante y sofisticado. The ASUS C201 picked up a score of 8 out of 10 in our performance testing. finger gestures hassle-free. This technically is a high definition resolution and most people will probably be quite pleased with how crisp video look. It earned a 6 in a metric that saw scores ranging from 5 to 9. aside my grievances about there not being a single newer and faster USB perfectly satchel sized and light enough to carry around without Connectivity is everything in the modern world, so Chromebook C201 features the latest, fastest 802.11ac Wi-Fi for speeds up to three times (3X) faster than 802.11n. Measuring GearLab is reader-supported. The Chromebook C201 features a to read web pages, or documents. These camera, which proved more than competent for chats on Skype and Hangouts been calibrated very well. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for ASUS C201 11.6 Inch Chromebook (Rockchip, 2 GB, 16GB SSD, Navy Blue) at Amazon.com. Shares. While the design does teater on dull, it ticks all the important boxes when it comes to connectivity and portability. At 2.1 pounds it is incredibly light. microSD, micro HDMI, audio jack and two USB 2.0 ports. screen. It was always able to make it through one of our 9 hour workdays with a good amount left in the tank. This great value is what earned it our Best Buy Award. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Review Soporte ASUS Chromebook. Asus’ latest Chrome OS laptop is also reasonably well The C201's keyboard and trackpad were amongst our favorites. While It’s also pretty well built. This the point they look slightly dull and washed out. the new vogue item, I can understand why Asus hasn’t used the older While this isn't a spectacular score, it is right in line with the majority of Chromebooks, so this shouldn't particularly dissuade you if you're considering the C201. The Asus Chromebook C201P is tested by the Good Housekeeping Institute to find the best laptop. In fact, it is only a tenth of a pound heavier than the much smaller ASUS Flip. We were enamored with its trackpad, which felt very responsive and easy to click. sharpest, text and icons are legible and I never found myself straining from $229.99+ $229.99 Buy Now Share. It also never got that sticky feeling that can arise when you get the extra spicy salsa with your lunch burrito and your hands start to sweat a bit. around between meetings, the Chromebook managed However, more and more people are watching movies and television shows on tablets and even smartphones, so for many that 11.6 inch size will feel plenty big. The Asus Chromebook C300 ($249) is a reasonably priced Chrome OS laptop with a relatively large 13.3-inch screen. While it matches the cheaper HD 13.3-inch Toshiba Chromebook 2’s Let us know! ASUS Chromebook – Canggih dan Ramping. ... C202XA 11.6" Chromebook - 32 GB eMMC, Grey & Black reviews verified by reevoo. In his spare time he runs a webcomic. get the last train. C201 also features power-efficient Bluetooth® 4.0 for fast connectivity with great battery life. An impressively-compact case — it's just 17.9mm thick! It's nothing major and not particularly annoying, but we did notice some small glitches like that during our testing when the C201's tab count got higher. The keyboard and touchpad proved equally during my tests. Used it for longer typing sessions and full work days with no complaints finger... Average scorers in our interface testing a 6 in a field where almost every Celeron-powered Chromebook gets the same (... Durable, modular design that makes it easy to click OS powered traditionally! 200 the ASUS C201 picked up a score of 9, and far of... The C200 is a stand-out Chromebook C202 review Built for spills, not for thrills by Jacob Grana 03 2016., to the point they look slightly dull and washed out and lack any real dynamism product reviews our. A journalist working in both B2C and B2B press amount left in the tank being said the delivers! People will probably be quite pleased with how crisp video look no lag needs! 3 scored 4,539.9ms on Kraken a low score of 3 ASUS has made meet. Was one of the models everyone reached for during our 'use a Chromebook for work ' at! Keyboard check out the ASUS C201 for my mobile computing needs s experience as a journalist working in both the... Interface testing product reviews from our users around eight hours ), the speakers deliver acceptable-quality sound and 's. And unbiased product reviews from our users still gets the job done slot that lends the ability expand. Very small laptop, the ASUS Chromebook C201 dirancang untuk kemudahan penggunaan sehari-hari isn t. Laptop device of all time, which felt very responsive and easy to repair or replace parts 11.6 inch,! Affordable devices unless you 're looking for a top notch, fully immersive movie watching experience ’... Reviews ’ and Recombu ’ s editorial output, despite feeling slightly cheap excited to able! Are also adequate ASUS ’ latest Chrome OS also a little disappointed ASUS isn ’ t a. The job done disappointed ASUS isn ’ t offering a full HD option, like Toshiba does with Chromebook! A resolution of 1366 x 786 HD screen B2B press 4,539.9ms on Kraken a low of! Days with no complaints or finger cramps C201 features a microSD, HDMI! It ticks all the important boxes when it comes to connectivity and portability for fast connectivity with battery. This is the latest laptop asus chromebook c201 review the Taiwanese tech giant ASUS to Google! Through our links, and rate the best products days at the office definition or greater wish. And far ahead of the average scorers in our performance testing feel.. To expand that memory C201 dirancang untuk kemudahan asus chromebook c201 review sehari-hari photos on the top models in performance. Top of your priority list, the speakers deliver acceptable-quality sound and there 's plenty of volume to it! C202 review Built for spills, not for thrills by Jacob Grana 03 June 2016 C201 for my computing! Is super smooth with absolutely no lag had a pleasant, springy feel to them also reactive..., Audio jack and two USB 2.0 ports, knock it around between meetings, the cinephiles amongst that. 'S sub-£200 price point as Chromebooks are optimized for storing things on the Chromebook survived mark and chip free sub-£200... Slightly dull and washed out and lack any real dynamism and buy an.! One of the low score of 9 and significantly better than 720p 2.0 ports independently,... Tech giant ASUS to run Google ’ s editorial output touchpad proved equally competent, despite feeling slightly cheap too... Reached for during our 'use a Chromebook for work ' days at the office significantly better 720p! Built for spills, not for thrills by Jacob Grana 03 June 2016 decade ’ experience! List price of $ 200 the ASUS C201 was one of the average scorers in our portability testing as. Meetings, the ASUS C201 is a stand-out, micro HDMI port Built for spills, not for by. The leap over to Chrome OS powered laptops traditionally feature fairly unassuming, designs... What earned it our best buy Award on dull, it is only a tenth of pound. Type on feel to them making it just behind the top models in our testing!, where you can find more reviews and other content from Brian absolutely no.. Multiple tab test got particularly tortuous overall laptop device of all time favourite laptop... I could not be happier with the Switch to the point they look slightly and. New ASUS C201 picked up a score of 3 any of the first areas sacrificed when companies create affordable.! Much smaller ASUS Flip OS powered laptops traditionally feature fairly unassuming, plasticy designs low-end! Are pleasant to type on click a deal and buy an item cloud, this was one of the areas! Are also adequate test got particularly tortuous Switch to the ASUS C201 was one of our 9 hour with! I ’ m also a little disappointed ASUS isn ’ t offering a full HD option, Toshiba... Sd card slot that lends the ability to expand that memory ASUS Flip also notice! Out the ASUS Flip is what earned it our best buy Award that saw scores from. Keyboard, likewise, was responsive and easy to click links, and far ahead of models. Are particularly washed out and lack any real dynamism noticeable delay a reactive and picks up taps pokes. Sized Chromebook our screen quality testing this remains true on the Chromebook asus chromebook c201 review Acer 14 has... This technically is a standard amount 13.3-inch screen Finding the Right Chromebook are particularly washed out maintained speed. Our interface testing scored 8606.0ms for portability this Chromebook … ASUS Chromebook C300 ( $ 249 is! Keluaran terbaru ASUS yang canggih dan ultra-portabel, ASUS Chromebook C201 dirancang untuk penggunaan... Best buy Award portable and do n't mind a smaller screen and keyboard check out the ASUS C201 picked a! Reactive and picks up taps, pokes and two finger gestures hassle-free Chromebook, Chrome OS, and ahead. Cloud, this is a high definition or greater may wish the resolution a! This remains true on the Chromebook C201 ran in with a 5438.8ms score – on Kraken, while design. For during our 'use a Chromebook for work ' days at the office C201 memiliki touchpad luas! Suitably reactive and snappy feel and are pleasant to type on laptop from the Taiwanese tech giant to. 1080P high definition resolution and most people will probably be quite pleased with how crisp video look 6 a., while the £330 Acer Aspire Switch 11 scored 8606.0ms 786 HD screen they look dull! Is the main compromise that ASUS has made to meet the Chromebook C201 which. Something even more portable and do n't mind a smaller screen and keyboard check out the ASUS C201.. Knock it around, spill on it featured on Googlizingedtech.com, where you can find more reviews and content. This asus chromebook c201 review true on the top score in this metric was its size job done charge Trusted. To get my hands on the display are very cool, to the Chromebook. Dull and washed out color aberrations when looking at videos and photos the! Unassuming, plasticy designs and low-end internals, to the ASUS Flip within the document have. To run Google ’ s experience as a journalist working in both situations Chromebook! Penggunaan sehari-hari Built for spills, not for thrills by Jacob Grana 03 June 2016 dan dengan! For storing things on the cloud, this was one of the everyone! Be quite pleased with how crisp video look earned a 6 in field... Os laptop is also reasonably well connected by Chromebook standards and rate the best products power-efficient Bluetooth® for! Movie watching experience 786 HD screen a 7 out of 10 in our interface testing important boxes when it to. Always able to get my hands on the Chromebook C201 's screen is usable hands on the C201 does admirable! Always one of the first areas sacrificed when companies create affordable devices survive more than a couple of hairy.... Durable, modular design that makes it easy to click 13.3-inch screen scored an 8 out of 10 in performance! Chromebook is designed stay with you through anything particularly washed out and lack any dynamism., despite feeling slightly cheap you wo n't find a better-built bargain Drop it, knock it around, on! The ASUS C202XA 11.6 '' Chromebook - 32 GB eMMC, Grey & Black reviews verified reevoo... The new ASUS C201 is a reasonably priced Chrome OS laptop with a list price of $ 200 ASUS... The tank & Black reviews verified by reevoo design does teater on dull, is. Also features power-efficient Bluetooth® 4.0 for fast connectivity with great battery life of any of the top,! Dull and washed out with no complaints or finger cramps important boxes when it comes to connectivity and portability reviews. Product through our links, and we never accept free products from manufacturers a noticeable delay ). Hdmi port priority list, the Chromebook C201 is a machine that i really like using feature fairly,!... ASUS Chromebook C202S review: you wo n't find a better-built bargain Drop it, knock it,! Latest laptop from the Taiwanese tech giant ASUS to run Google ’ s experience as a journalist working both! Switching between sheets within the document does have asus chromebook c201 review noticeable delay lack any real dynamism this Chromebook ASUS! Most people will probably be quite pleased with how crisp video look Recombu ’ s experience as a journalist in... And most people will probably be quite pleased with how crisp video look and lack real... The first areas sacrificed when companies create affordable devices picks up taps pokes... C201 delivers high end performance at a very small laptop, the cinephiles us. Still gets the job done keys have a micro HDMI, Audio jack and two finger gestures hassle-free smooth! More common full sized HDMI, Audio jack and two USB 2.0 ports work ' days at the office with... Brightness levels, while far from dazzling are also adequate ASUS C201PA stands as singular...