Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Stir in remaining ingredients; cook and stir 5 minutes longer or until potatoes are browned and tender. However, I wanted to know whether we can attain the same crispy taste if we had baked them instead of using a skillet. We grow potatoes, squash, zucchini, tomatoes, snap peas, beets, strawberries, raspberries. Cook on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, letting the potatoes … The duck fat was a little hard to find. Thank you, for providing this simple and tasty recipe that allows me to quicken cook fresh potatoes to replace the frozen ones! Hopefully the format will not turn me away from your site! And if we can bake them, how hot should the oven be? Natasha, I enjoy your blog, I made so many of your recipes! That’s a great idea! Info. We are so happy you're here. I’m so happy you enjoyed that! I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Irwin Estate in Jacksonville, Texas in 1987. 98 calories; protein 1.2g; carbohydrates 9.3g; fat 6.5g; cholesterol 6.4mg; sodium 585.8mg. You don’t even need to bother with peeling the skin. Heat the vegetable oil in a large, heavy, nonstick skillet or electric skillet over medium heat. Bring to a boil, cover and cook over high heat for about 8 minutes. https://www.eatwell101.com/smoked-sausage-and-potato-skillet-recipe is that a cast iron skillet? Most importantly, why have I never thought of making my potatoes in a skillet?! Add potatoes; cook, stirring minimally, until potatoes are golden brown, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in seasonings; cook and stir 5-10 minutes longer or until potatoes are browned and tender (final cooking time will depend on the size of the potato … Cuisinart original. Tired of coming up with new and interesting ideas for potatoes when I came across your recipe for crisp sautéed red potatoes. Add the vegetable broth, lemon juice, and … Welcome to my kitchen! Thank you for so many good recipes. Fish Tacos Recipe with Best Fish Taco Sauce! I followed directions, and even used a cast iron skillet. You don't even need to bother with peeling the skin. It’s ok to eyeball this step. When I'm in a hurry to prepare potatoes, I resort to this recipe for skillet potatoes that I created myself. What kind of foods do you grow? Yes! Site is still being updated for the mobile version, please check in a little bit. My husband said you should quit nursing and open your own restaurant, because the food is so good! Arrange potatoes in a single layer in skillet; cook, turning each potato piece occasionally, until potatoes are browned all over, 12 to 15 minutes. Thanks. Of course, this isn't so much a recipe, but more a bit of visual inspiration. I’m not sure I’d like having a restaurant though; maybe lets just call it a cookbook. I’m always curious what folks are growing! https://www.americastestkitchen.com/recipes/1991-skillet-roasted-potatoes Thank you so much for your sweet words. 1 1/2 lbs small red potatoes (cut in half or quartered to make 3/4-inch thick pieces) 1 Tbsp unsalted butter 2 Tbsp olive oil Salt (preferably kosher or sea salt), to taste Black pepper (freshly ground), to taste 2 Tbsp chives or green onion, chopped, plus more to garnish. Heat a large 12-inch cast-iron pan or skillet over medium heat. You simply need some small potatoes, olive oil, salt, rosemary and a cast-iron skillet. Add potatoes; cook, stirring minimally, until potatoes are golden brown, 5 to 10 minutes. Dory, thank you for such a nice review, I’m so happy you like them . Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 Tbsp butter and 2 Tbsp olive oil. Feel free to use bacon fat instead of duck fat; you can also substitute olive oil for duck fat to make this dish vegetarian. Ended finding it a fresh market or Whole Foods. In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. There are a few different ways to cook baby red potatoes. If you use a smaller skillet, flip and turn the potatoes often, moving around the potatoes so they all have a turn in the oil. Add potatoes; cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Start with baby carrots and baby red potatoes. The technique you described was perfect. I didn’t have any chives so I had to skip it. That’s so great! It's been a family favorite for a long time and fits with most any meal. Thank you! The potatoes should look nice and toasty. Add the peppers and stir to combine. I’m happy to hear how much you enjoy the recipe. I am Natasha, the blogger behind Natasha's Kitchen (since 2009). It’s a cross between classic baby reds and Russian Zharenaya katroshka . I'm Natasha Kravchuk. I’m glad you enjoy the recipe! 3. caused them to be soggy (from the steam hitting the lid). Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Oksana, thank you for bringing that to my attention. So gorgeous!!! These potatoes will step up your breakfast game and have everyone beg you to make them again and again! Made then exactly as you described and they turned out wonderfully. My husband and son couldn’t wait to eat them so I let my boys grab forks and enjoy these straight out of the pan with some good quality ketchup. https://kitchenswagger.com/roasted-red-potatoes-garlic-rosemary-recipe Add the red bell pepper and garlic (if using), and cook for 1 minute longer. Skillet red potatoes recipes 353. You saved Pan-Roasted Red Potatoes to your. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Perfect as a main course or as a comforting side dish, Skillet Red Potatoes with Bacon and Feta combines crispy bacon, creamy feta cheese and skillet fried red potatoes… Mmmm. I dropped it down for the sake of this recipe since not everyone is as big of a fan as we are of the ingredient. We cook these at least once a week out on the grill in a Lodge cast Iron skillet and sprinkle a little fresh rosemary and sea salt on them right before serving. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Melt duck fat in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering, about 1 minute. Nothing like picking fresh raspberries in the morning for breakfast, right? Will these turn out with just a stainless steel skillet or pan? Love the pictures, Natasha! Followed recipe. 5 stars all the way! Thank you Marina ;), still working out little details here and there. https://www.jocooks.com/recipes/perfect-thyme-skillet-potatoes Thanks!! An excellent recipe all around. You’re so very welcome . The only change I made was using bacon fat instead of duck fat. I planted peas, radishes, onions, 2 kinds of lettuce, and spinach. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. I suggest turning the heat down if they are browning too fast. Congrats! Remove from heat and sprinkle with salt (I used about 3/4 tsp salt) & pepper (I used about 1/8 tsp pepper) toss with 2 Tbsp chives. The initial cooking undisturbed and uncovered helps release the steam so that when they are cooked, the skins are dry and crisp on the potatoes. Natasha’s favorite tips to unleash your inner chef! I love new baby red potatoes. I’m getting my mom one for Mother’s day. 2. Emmie, when I’m looking for crisp, oven roasted potatoes, I use this recipe. PERFECT!!! They’re simple to prepare and you don’t need much to make them delicious. Aw, I wish you didn’t update your website. The skillets are not expensive either and they can last you a lifetime (no one paid me to say that). During final 2 minutes of cook time, stir in garlic powder, onion powder… For an 8 inch pan, that’s about 5 tablespoons. Add enough oil to the bottom of the pan to cover the pan in a shallow layer. Heat oil in medium skillet, add onion and potato, and seasonings to taste. Thanks for another weeknight fav! This post may contain affiliate links. Mmmm potatoes and butter….sigh of happiness! Saute for 6-8 minutes, or until you start to see some browning on the potatoes. Spread potatoes across the skillet and let cook for 10 minutes, stirring every few minutes and then spreading the potatoes out again. Simple, easy, and delicious! Once butter is melted and hot, arrange potatoes in the skillet, cut-side-down in one layer. The white pepper adds a nice bite - seasonings are spot on! Sprinkle with more fresh chives just before serving and enjoy. I did end up adding more herbs but it is great as written too. my hubbys favorite meal: sauteed potatoes. You will dice up the potatoes pretty small. My pleasure Leah! Add potatoes to the skillet and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure all potatoes are evenly cooked. https://www.food.com/recipe/garlic-skillet-red-potatoes-208422 Had all the ingredients, followed recipe(except for cast iron pan…) and they were delicious!! I only have one, but I want 10 more . Melt duck fat in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering, about 1 minute. Pan-roasting in duck fat gives these potatoes a luxurious flavor that can't be added any other way. SKILLET RED POTATOES This recipe came from an estate sale. Ingredients. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. I haven't made it yet I have a question. In hind sight, a dutch oven with taller walls might have been a better choice to cook these. I’m so ready for garden grown goodness! This was amazing! cook: Using a 12-inch skillet or larger, place the butter, olive oil, and if using the rosemary, thyme, … I hadn’t though to put my cast iron skillet on the grill. Made as written, except I used bacon fat instead of duck fat, since that's what I had on hand. Add the sliced onion and sauté until the onion is tender and translucent. Actually the thin skins are delicious; crisp with a sprinkling of course salt. Baby red potatoes recipe. https://12tomatoes.com/recipe-breakfast-skillet-with-diced-red-potatoes To make braised red potatoes, arrange halved baby red potatoes … And this is one of the easiest potato dishes you can make, I guarantee. These potatoes were a bit hit. Delicious and the way to go when the oven is occupied with a prime rib. These potatoes look so crispy and mouth watering! My husband and I run this blog together and share only our best, family approved and tested recipes with YOU. These potatoes look like a perfect weeknight side, Natasha! Made this recipe added fresh rosemary sprigs and minced garlic. Do you have good ones that are fairly non-stick? Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 Tbsp butter and 2 Tbsp olive oil. This also makes a wonderful breakfast dish; just serve alongside some eggs and bacon and you are all set! It will work out but it may stick more with a stainless steel pan. The mix of seasonings is just right and makes a delicious, attractive side dish. This recipe just worked great. Thank you Chloe, they taste even better :). This looks delicious. https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/daphne-brogdon/skillet-potatoes P.S. They're simple to prepare and you don't need much to make them delicious. Here you'll find delicious, trusted recipes with easy step-by-step photos and videos. , Natasha! No changes. Cook uncovered and undisturbed 8-10 minutes or until golden brown crust forms on the bottoms. Melt the butter and heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Now transfer to the oven and cook for about 20 minutes (or until desired crispiness). Now I’m curious… Is it possible to use the same recipe but different types of potatoes (not red)? ; Each baby red potato is diced into 8 to 12 parts depending on the size of the potatoes … I added a chopped shallot, fresh pressed garlic, oregano, and chopped green pepper. FREE BONUS: 5 Secrets to Be a Better Cook! It is really hard to use it now on my mobile device – and I am always on your website looking for new recipes to try. Sorry Natasha, this recipe was a fail. It’s quickly becoming my favorite skillet. Add photo. The one I have is a Lodge Cast Iron Skillet – Lodge is a US company that has been around for centuries! I love my cast iron skillet. I made these last night with red potatoes I pulled out of my garden. Next time I would add some onions or more herbs. https://industryeats.com/classic-cast-iron-skillet-roasted-red-potatoes-recipe I plan to get a cast iron but don’t have one now. In a medium-sized bowl combine potatoes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper. If you don’t have a cast iron skillet, you should get one! I like where you’re going with this. Place potato mixture and green beans in same skillet. Same old story. We loved it. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. What did you plant? cut in half or quartered to make 3/4-inch thick pieces. Get weekly updates on new recipes, exclusive giveaways plus behind the scenes photos. Arrange the potato slices … Skillet Red Potatoes with Bacon and Feta is hearty, easy and affordable. I love new baby red potatoes. Yum! Thank you so much for sharing that with us! Put potatoes in microwave safe dish with lid and cook until tender. Where can I get duck fat? It sounds like your stove was too hot. The most important step for making this meal is cutting the components to the right size so they cook in time. Mexican Honey-Lime Chicken Sweet Potato and Red Bean skillet. In hind sight, a dutch oven with taller walls might have been a better choice to cook these. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high until shimmering. If you are a fan of white pepper, you can increase the amount to 1/2 teaspoon, which is the amount we use when we cook this dish. Good job! Drain excess fat. I cannot understand how you can have crisp potatoes if they are covered during cooking. Hi! Cover; continue cooking, stirring occasionally, … We also grow raspberries. Keep the wee ones away from the stove. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. — I just planted my spring veggies for the year! Sounds like you’ll have some amazing salads this summer! and the color scheme goes perfectly with your logo! Love how golden and crispy they look! You want the potatoes to get brown and crispy on the sides. Lyudmil Stoev. Place the potatoes in one layer in a large saucepan and add the oil, butter, water and salt. I love homegrown veggies & fruits!! These roasted mini potatoes are beautifully crispy on the bottom, but also smooth and velvety in the middle. That’s our favorite vegan Parmesan too. Lol. Can’t wait to make these! Thanks!!! They make a great side dish to beef, chicken, or any kind of meat, really. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. 1. Cook uncovered and undisturbed 8-10 minutes or until golden brown crust forms on the bottoms. I’ve made this recipe so many times and it always turns out delicious! 3-½pounds small red new potatoes 1cup chicken stock, nonfat, low-sodium 2tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2tablespoons freshly chopped parsley 1tablespoon minced garlic 1tablespoon lemon zest 1teaspoon kosher salt ¼teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. I also used a non-stick pan on very low since I didn’t have a skillet… but I still followed the specific times and used a lid as noted in the recipe which worked great to get the skin crispy.