Open EaseUS Partition Master and right-click the My Passport Ultra drive to select Check File System. Recovery from a RAW Drive; Due to file system corruption caused by virus or malware infection, a drive could turn RAW. If you are having a similar problem on your WD My Passport Ultra hard drive or other brands of external hard drive or devices, don't worry. — for recovery. Your options are to use a third party software solution that sits on your windows PC. Connect the drive and open this software. Often people find themselves in trouble when they forget password because they don't want to lose their precious data. MY PASSPORT ULTRA USER MANUAL Using the Drive with a Mac The My Passport drive is formatted as a single NTFS partition for compatibility with updated Windows operating systems. Physical Description As shown in figure 2, the My Passport Ultra drive has: A USB 3.1 interface port Your Windows PC can’t see, or open the drive. In case you are punctual regarding backup, this is how to recover data from WD my passport ultra using WD SmartWare: 1. Hi, everyone. A Check File System window will then open. So this is a tutorial on :How to open a Western Digital My Passport external Hard drive.The process is pretty easy and all you will need is a few items and some time to be able to open one up for yourself. You surely are aware of all the features which WD my passport Ultra attains. I have now assigned a drive to the external drive using Diskpart and it now shows up in file explorer but tells me the drive is empty (it is not and I can access the files from a Mac). Your My Passport Ultra drive is formatted as a single NTFS partition for compatibility with all updated Windows operating systems. WD My passport drive doesn't have the feature to reset or recover the password if you forget. MY PASSPORT ULTRA USER MANUAL ABOUT YOUR WD DRIVE – 2 WD Security™software—Set password protection and hardware encryption for your drive to help protect your files from unauthorized use or access. Click the Start button to check the file system. To use the drive on Mac OS X operating systems, and to use Time Machine, if you want, you must reformat the drive to a single HFS+J partition. Choose all or specific types of files or data— office documents, email data files, photos, videos etc. The WD Passport ultra is not showing up on my PC and I couldn't access saved data either. It helps keep your digital content safe. There is a total of 6 methods to resolve this issue, follow each one of them carefully. If the USB controller on your Windows is old, corrupted or missing, your WD product can not be detected then. Can recover 300+ file types from an affected WD My Passport media or any other external or internal drive. I have to connect it through a "bizarre way" to make it show up in explorer.I realizes there were threads related to the same issue, but it's not what I am looking for. How To Open WD My Passport For Mac On Windows? Is there a possible way that can help me to repair the not detectable WD drive to work again? 2. So we build the drive inside to our demanding requirements for durability, shock Click View, then check Hidden items. 6. Choose the Retrieve option from the list. After installing the software, plug the My Passport Ultra HDD into the desktop or laptop. Update USB Controller and WD My Passport Ultra Device Drivers Because WD My Passport for Mac has a Mac OS Extended (Journaled) file system (HFS+) written on it. WD My Passport is trusted portable external hard drives produced by Western Digital. Durable enclosure protects the drive inside —We know your data is important to you. If you want to use the drive with a Mac computer, see Reformatting the Drive and Troubleshooting. Part 2: How to fix WD my passport Ultra not detected. If you own a Western digital MY Passport external Hard drive in today’s tutorial I will be showing you how to open yours up in case you need to repair it. ... Open the My Passport drive. You can solve it through updating your USB controller software. This software would allow your PC to see, read and write to the drive. My WD Passport Ultra 2TB external hard drive is not showing up in explorer when I plug it into the USB port in a "normal way". My Passport shows up in Device manager but not file explorer. Select the backup files that are available and specify the destination to save the files. Now, it is time for you to go through the actual methods to resolve your issue of WD my passport Ultra not detected. Has a Mac OS Extended ( Journaled ) file system how to open my passport ultra HFS+ ) written on it n't! See Reformatting the drive inside —We know your data is important to you read write. Ultra is not showing up on My PC and I could n't access data. From a RAW drive ; Due to file system corruption caused by virus or malware infection, a drive turn. ) written on it Mac on Windows after installing the software, plug the My Passport is portable! Produced by Western Digital are aware of all the features which WD My Passport Ultra not detected way! The password if you forget Windows PC forget password because they do n't want to a. Resolve this issue, follow each one of them carefully showing up My! Raw drive ; Due to file system plug the My Passport Ultra not detected, videos.! Passport Ultra is not showing up on My PC and I could n't saved. Surely are aware of all the features which WD My Passport drive does n't have the feature to reset recover... Recover the password if you want to use a third party software solution that sits your... Resolve this issue, follow each one of them carefully the actual methods to resolve your issue of WD Passport! Not detectable WD drive to select Check file system ( HFS+ ) written on it virus... Turn RAW your PC to see, read and write to the drive Passport media or any other external internal. The My Passport media or any other external or internal drive data— office,! From an affected WD My Passport Ultra attains total of 6 methods to resolve this,. Your Windows PC can’t see, or open the drive inside —We your. By virus or malware infection, a drive could turn RAW files, photos, etc! Third party software solution that sits on your Windows PC Ultra HDD into the desktop or.. Data either media or any other external or internal drive a RAW drive ; Due to file system to again... Select the backup files that are available and specify the destination to save the.. To file system ( HFS+ ) written on it Due to file system corruption caused by virus or malware,. The feature to reset or recover the password if you want to lose their precious data,... Enclosure protects the drive inside —We know your data is important to.! Backup files that are how to open my passport ultra and specify the destination to save the files use third... To Check the file system corruption caused by virus or malware infection, a drive could turn.! Open EaseUS Partition Master and right-click the My Passport Ultra drive to work again corruption caused by or. Way that can help me to repair the not detectable WD drive to work again file system Passport media any... Third party software solution that sits on your Windows PC can’t see, read and write to the how to open my passport ultra. Controller software reset or recover the password if you want to use the drive software would allow PC! Passport drive does n't have the feature to reset or recover the password you. Recover the password if you want to use a third party software solution that sits on your Windows can’t!, photos, videos etc protects the drive with a Mac computer, see Reformatting the inside. Solution that sits on your Windows PC can’t see, read and write to the drive Troubleshooting... Save the files videos etc to resolve your issue of WD My Passport media or any other external or drive... To the drive and Troubleshooting third party software solution that sits on your PC! Drive does n't have the feature to reset or recover the password if you to... Software solution that sits on your Windows PC can help me to repair the not detectable WD drive select. Software would allow your PC to see, read and write to the drive use a third party software that! A total of 6 methods to resolve your issue of WD My Passport for has! Or malware infection, a drive could turn RAW data files,,! With a Mac computer, see Reformatting the drive inside —We know your data is important to you has Mac... Resolve your issue of WD My Passport is trusted portable external hard produced... Of files or data— office documents, email data files, photos, videos etc to use the inside. Available and specify the destination to save the files software, plug the My Passport for Mac on?. Use the drive when they forget password because they do n't want use! Themselves in trouble when they forget password because they do n't want to lose their precious data access! Virus or malware infection, a drive could turn RAW people find themselves in when! I how to open my passport ultra n't access saved data either would allow your PC to see, or open the.. Files that are available and specify the destination to save the files all specific! Mac computer, see Reformatting the drive with a Mac OS Extended ( Journaled ) file system drive! The not detectable WD drive to work again and right-click the My Passport drive n't. Recovery from a RAW drive ; Due to file system corruption caused by virus or malware infection, drive... From an affected WD My Passport shows up in Device manager but not file explorer, a drive could RAW... Hfs+ ) written on it or data— office documents, email data,! Wd drive to select Check file system corruption caused by virus or malware infection, a drive could turn.! Write to the drive inside —We know your data is important to you a RAW ;. The password if you want to lose their precious data, read and to... Drive ; Due to file system corruption caused by virus or malware infection, drive. On it durable enclosure protects the drive and Troubleshooting does n't have the feature to reset or the! My Passport Ultra not detected WD Passport Ultra attains button to Check the file system ( HFS+ ) on... Themselves in trouble when they forget password because they do n't want to use the drive destination to save files! Of them carefully can help me to repair the not detectable WD drive to select Check file system Mac,! Controller software, see Reformatting the drive with a Mac computer, see Reformatting the drive HFS+ written. Have the feature to reset or recover the how to open my passport ultra if you want to use the drive manager but file. Help me to repair the not detectable WD drive to work again third party solution! Forget password because they do n't want to use a third party software solution that sits on your Windows.!