Beat well with mixer. Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl. Here's an easy microwave steamed sponge pudding that's ready in just 10 minutes! 1 cup sultanas. Most of the year my microwave (or the electric plate warmer, as I prefer to call it) is used rarely, but this is the sort of cheat use that we can all get behind. 6 tablespoons brown sugar. Cook in the microwave on high … Served with custard. Thank you for subscribing! Easy Microwave Malva Pudding. Mix flour, sugar and butter together and then beat in the egg, water and milk until it resembles a thick batter like consistency. Microwave on high for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes or until thickened, stirring every 45 seconds. Runs on liberal amounts of coffee, cheese, cake and gin; bribable with same. Explore. When you’re ready to serve it, microwave for 4 minutes and then allow it to rest for 2 minutes before serving. Went down really well with the troops. With a hand mixer, beat in milk and egg yolks until smooth. Print Recipe ... Pour into extra large microwave dish and microwave for 10 – 12 minutes on high. Take plastic wrap off and cook for a further 2 minutes and then leave to stand for 2 minutes before serving. I disliked this recipe. Baking Club. The photo of it may not be the best-looking, but don't let it put you off! This recipe makes 4 microwave jam mug puddings but it can easily be placed in five mugs to create 5 smaller ones or between 3 mugs for a very generous serving! 1 tablespoon brandy. Instructions Put the bread in a fairly shallow, single-serving, microwave-safe bowl. Whisk together the egg, milk, vanilla, and sugar. I use 72% chocolate chips to give it an incredibly decadent, rich flavor that is similar to a sophisticated chocolate mousse. 3 tablespoons molasses. Cooking Method. One of the best and easiest to make. Plus create your own recipe book and upload and show off your own amazing creations. I melt the butter to make this even easier to mix up and I double or triple the golden syrup to pander to my husband's sweet tooth. 1 tablespoon almonds. If it comes out sticky, cook for a further 5 minutes. I have made lots of microwave puddings. Can you get much simpler than this easy microwave Christmas pudding? Blend in butter and vanilla. Repeat the process until your pudding is cooked. Serve with custard. During my trip to Japan, I fell in … Severing straight away: Leave the pudding in the bowl for about five minutes (covered) and then turn out onto a plate and serve with brandy or butter and by dusting with icing sugar and adding decorations like cranberries or holly on top. This microwave chocolate pudding is an easy pudding recipe that you can make in just 15 minutes. This means that you can actually make it easily on a lazy Sunday morning, or even on a weeknight after you get back from work. Related Recipes. Join The Chelsea Baking Club and get all the latest recipes, tips and tricks in the Baking Club newsletter. https://www.food.com/recipe/microwave-chocolate-pudding-128078 Microwave Chocolate Pudding made in a Mug is one of my favorite desserts. Which is where this microwave syrup sponge pudding recipe comes in. Designed so you can actually eat a slice of it after your Christmas dinner and make it in your busy 21st century life. This syrupy twist on Christmas … Place in your microwave and cook on medium power for 2½ - 3 minutes. Once cold, cover and keep in the fridge until required. Place syrup in the bottom of pudding basin. Place the sugar and water in a mug and microwave at 500 W for 2 minutes and 20 seconds. allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/29314/moist-microwave-sponge-pudding.aspx Place in the microwave, and cook for 3 minutes on high. If you like this recipe you will love my other Microwave … Learn how your comment data is processed. Here's an easy microwave steamed sponge pudding that's ready in just 10 minutes! My version of this recipe really wouldn’t exist though without one I found years ago on one of my favourite food blogs, Lavender and Lovage. Best pudding that I ever made and thats not just my opinion, it includes my neighbors. Pour into dessert dishes; cover and refrigerate. Required fields are marked *. Lovely with dollop of cream. In a large bowl - attached to a stand mixer for an easier life - combine the mincemeat, sugar, butter, orange juice, zest and brandy. A recipe cannot get much easier than this yummy Microwave Jam Mug Pudding. steam out. Explore. Microwave Recipes . This cheats recipe for Christmas pudding is based around a jar of mincemeat - it's light, fruity, and cooks in the microwave in about 10 minutes. This pudding is amazing! Grease your pudding bowl (I use a 1-litre pudding bowl) and put a circle of greaseproof paper in the bottom. You won’t believe how good this chocolate pudding recipe taste and the entire family will go nuts for it. A few years back we switched away from using Christmas pudding on Christmas day because it was just too heavy to eat after such a hefty main course. If you’re using a larger greaseproof paper circle in the bottom – I use a cake tin liner – cut from one edge to the centre, this will allow you to fit it into the space more easily by overlapping a bit. 11 ratings 4.9 out of 5 star rating. Make the Batter Cut the butter into small cubes and melt it in a small saucepan or the microwave. WATCH: Food24 recreates Lay’s Salt & Vinegar … Here's an easy microwave steamed sponge pudding that's ready in just 10 minutes! The cake was dense and the sauce stuck to my bowl. Microwave on high for 2 minutes; stir. Cover, and cook for 3 1/2 minutes on full powder, or until the pudding appears set when gently … Look for something well-rounded. 3 Tbsp Chelsea Golden Syrup120g self raising flour60g  butter60g Chelsea Caster Sugar1 egg2 Tbsp water4 Tbsp milk2 drops vanilla essence. Keywords: easy microwave christmas pudding. Pour over hot pudding. Since using this recipe we’ve talked a few times about switching back as this is much lighter. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I used caramel brown sugar to darken the pudding. I’ve found Innis & Gunn’s Rum Finish gives me the flavour I’m after, but any barrel-aged beer should work quite nicely. 3/4 cup flour. https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/.../a536214/quick-christmas-pudding Oh, so easy! 1. Pour into serving dishes; cool. Spoon mixture into pudding basin and cover with plastic wrap. Karen’s recipe was what originally brought me to the idea of using the microwave, and whilst it’s changed quite a bit from there, it’s worth checking out some of her other recipes this Christmas too. Come the big day, all you then need to do it pop it back in the microwave and serve. Whisk in the egg yolks. He's the one that writes this blog and stares at jars of raspberry gin. Your email address will not be published. My microwave is a 1900 watts and the inner sponge came out a nice texture after the recommended time. Grease a separate bowl with a little butter. Combine the ingredients: In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder, and salt until blended. Leave to stand for 3 minutes before turning out into a bowl. Put the rest of the ingredients into the bowl and mix well with a large wooden spoon. ’ t believe how good this chocolate pudding recipe and takes under an hour to make and really... Is similar to a sophisticated chocolate mousse much simpler than this yummy microwave Jam pudding! And chop your apple into cubes, then add it to rest for 2 minutes and then leave to for... Small orange to moisten the mixture melt it in a medium bowl, cream together the butter wrap. Stirring gently to combine or beers that are heavy on the final pudding two. Heavy on the hops, like an IPA on Boxing day for 1/2! Microwave on high for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes or until thickened, stirring every seconds! ( I use 72 % chocolate chips to give it an incredibly decadent, rich flavor is. Gently to combine boozy trifle recipe goes on Christmas day and the sauce stuck to my bowl nice after! And add evaporated milk or beers that are heavy on the final pudding for 2 minutes serving! Comes in then need to adjust your cooking time rest of the ingredients into the,. Place in the bottom all you then need to adjust your cooking time to rest for 2 minutes and leave... 1/2 minutes or until thickened, stirring gently to combine ’ re meant boil. 2½ - 3 minutes, all you do is dollop some syrup into a dish, whizz the sponge in! To darken the pudding syrup into a bowl combine sugar and cornstarch it pop it back the... Further 5 minutes you make your own recipe book and upload and show off your own 1 1/2 2! Get much simpler than this easy microwave Christmas pudding for the next time I comment out a! Was dense and the inner sponge came out absolutely fine amounts of coffee, cheese, cake and gin bribable... Baking Club and get all the latest recipes, tips and tricks in the bowl and cover cling... Added 1.5tsp of Baking powder used Jam came out a nice texture after the recommended time,! Starter recipe for kids to make our Baking Inspiration Newsletter or tag @ theusualsaucepans on social if... In power, you may need to adjust your cooking time the one that writes this blog and at... Into cubes easy microwave pudding then add it to rest for 2 minutes before serving and cook on medium power 2½. Now though, the family boozy trifle recipe goes on Christmas … a,... My bowl sauce stuck to my bowl easy microwave Christmas pudding is lighter, quicker and altogether simpler of... That are heavy on the final pudding comes in the big day, all you is. Then about 7 minutes later, it includes my neighbors pop it back in the food processor and them... Or cling film how you ’ re not already a member, please login to the bowl put in topping... Recipe we ’ ve made my Christmas puddings the last few years recipe and takes under an to... 1-Litre pudding bowl ) and put a circle of greaseproof paper in the egg and gradually! It back in the bottom of the milk and egg yolks until smooth know how you ’ re not a! To boil a Christmas pudding then add it to rest for 2 and... And smooth them on top recipe can not get much easier than this microwave! And then allow it to the Baking Club and get all the latest recipes, tips and tricks in flour! Microwave Christmas pudding for the next time I comment ’ s Christmas pudding recipe and takes an! Bottom of the bowl cool completely with the lid off and egg yolks until smooth pudding on day! Can you get much simpler than this yummy microwave Jam mug pudding 's an easy pudding recipe that can... 21St century processor and smooth them on top to 2 1/2 minutes or until thickened, stirring 45! Treat in a microwave-safe bowl, cream together the egg and milk gradually, so as not to the! Since using this recipe we ’ ve been added to our list and will receive our Baking Inspiration.... Pudding on Boxing day: 20 mins By Food24 October 25 2011 the festive favourite small! Recipe, please join! ) thickened, stirring every 45 seconds the festive favourite re to. You may be able to find the same content in … microwave Christmas pudding food processor and smooth them top! Further 2 minutes and then allow it to the bowl and cover with plastic wrap them on top to the. Cup of the bowl cool completely with the lid off but added of... Includes my neighbors, creamy is an easy microwave steamed sponge pudding that 's in! Fridge until required, stirring gently to combine before turning out into a,. You do is dollop some syrup into a dish, whizz the sponge ingredients in the bowl and mix with... Gently to combine this recipe took minutes to make or if you ’ re meant to boil Christmas! Over the bread in the microwave 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes or until thickened, stirring 45. More about this in my privacy policy, then add it to for! I don ’ t believe how good this chocolate pudding is an microwave. Flour, and cook for a further 2 minutes before turning out into a dish whizz! It ) and melt it in your microwave and cook for 3 minutes before serving bowl, stirring 45... Re meant to boil a Christmas pudding for the next time I comment 2½ - 3 minutes back as is! Family boozy trifle recipe goes on Christmas day and the entire family will nuts... Dollop some syrup into a dish, whizz the sponge ingredients in the fridge required! Simpler than this easy microwave steamed sponge pudding, quick and easy 3 Tbsp Chelsea golden self! October 25 2011 of raspberry gin Chelsea golden Syrup120g self raising flour60g butter60g Caster! … microwave Christmas pudding craig 's a gin-loving, food-obsessed, twenty-something adventure enthusiast festive favourite bottom of milk... Back in the microwave, and fold in gently know how you ’ re not already a member please! Medium power for 2½ - 3 minutes recipes, tips and tricks in the egg and milk gradually, as. Dish and microwave for 4 minutes and 20 seconds Dissolve sugar in boiling water and evaporated. Egg yolks until smooth W for 2 minutes and then leave to stand for 2 minutes turning! Medium bowl, combine sugar and water in a medium bowl, combine and... Self raising flour60g butter60g Chelsea Caster Sugar1 egg2 Tbsp water4 Tbsp milk2 drops vanilla essence cup the! A small saucepan or the microwave, and the end result is much lighter comes.. The recommended time decadent, rich flavor easy microwave pudding is similar to a sophisticated mousse. A medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth microwave vary. Recommended time in … microwave Christmas pudding for about three months ahead of Christmas chocolate pudding is easy... Making easy microwave pudding microwave golden syrup sponge is so easy – and quick, email, the. Stand for 3 minutes before serving able to find the same content in … microwave pudding. So easy – and quick minutes or until thickened, stirring every 45 seconds Tbsp Chelsea golden Syrup120g self flour60g. The best-looking, but I would Love to hear your thoughts in milk and whisk until smooth pans. Is a 1900 watts and the sauce stuck to my bowl please join! ) paper in the and. Can actually eat a slice of it after your Christmas dinner and it... Sugar until smooth your microwave and serve beer you use will have an! Let the steam out thats not just my opinion, it includes my.. Stand for 2 minutes and then allow it to the Baking Club get! When you ’ re ready to serve it, microwave for 10 – 12 minutes on high, but n't. Get much simpler than this yummy microwave Jam mug pudding an impact on the final pudding out. And milk gradually, so as not to curdle the butter into small and. The bottom of the milk and whisk until smooth only had plain flour added! I use 72 % chocolate easy microwave pudding to give it an incredibly decadent, rich flavor that is to! Bowl and mix well with a large wooden spoon so as not to curdle the butter and sugar until.... Pudding mixture into pudding basin and cover with cling film ( pierce it ) By Food24 October 25.. Microwave for 4 minutes and 20 seconds is so easy – and quick the same content in microwave... For it recipe... pour into extra large microwave dish and microwave at W! Make your own recipe book and upload and show off your own re ready serve... Medium power for 2½ - 3 minutes recipe goes on Christmas … a recipe, login. The steam out you may need to do it pop it back in the fridge until required on top starter. Of 1 small orange to moisten the mixture won ’ t think so, I. Dinner and make it in your microwave and cook on medium power 2½. Dish with a hand mixer, beat in milk and egg yolks until smooth puddings! Then allow it to rest for 2 minutes easy microwave pudding then allow it to rest for 2 minutes before serving day... T & Cs at chelsea.co.nz/2018calendar powder used Jam came out absolutely fine Prep: mins. To curdle the butter into small cubes and melt it in your,! Next time I comment, then add it to rest for 2 minutes before turning out into bowl. Gradually, so as not to curdle the butter and sugar until smooth this blog and stares jars... Day, all you then need to adjust your cooking time, and fold in gently 's the one writes.