TASK: Live a little! Future tense in Spanish is the tense used to describe an action that WILL happen in the future. It also explains irregular verbs and the respective English translations. A Spanish verb in the future tense is just one word - in English the future tense requires at least two words. Conjugation of Regular Verbs in the Subjunctive Mood, Conjugating Spanish Verbs in the Conditional Tense, Elegir Conjugation in Spanish, Translation, and Examples, Preferir Conjugation in Spanish, Translation, and Examples, Divertirse Conjugation in Spanish, Translation, Examples. The translation will depend on the context; in question form, it can indicate uncertainty. The following list shows the future tense endings using the example of hablar(to speak). Forming the Spanish Future Tense . ir + a + infinitive. Because you really don’t need it. The future simple indicative, or simple future (futuro imperfecto/futuro simple de indicativo), expresses a forthcoming action, an intention or a probability. The future tense is unlike other conjugations in that instead of removing the "-ar," "-er," or "-ir" ending, we're going to use the entire infinitive as our stem. At the end of the post, I’ll briefly mention some other tenses worth knowing if you want to go from learner to master of Spanish. In general, most of the verbs that are irregular in the future tense modify and/or shorten the infinitive, but they all have the correct ending otherwise. (How will I know when I will be able to use my account again? ), ¡No podrán las voces de la oscuridad! Nadará mañana, she will swim tomorrow. Now, we’ll learn how to use the future tense in Spanish. In English, the near future is still expressed with future tense, but that’s not the case here. (You will call me by my name, and you will recognize my attributes and strengths.). Although the verb hablar (to speak) is used as an example, the future is formed in the same way for all regular verbs: If you're familiar with the conjugation of the verb haber, you may notice that these endings are the same as the present tense of haber (an auxiliary verb meaning "to have"), minus the initial h. Presumably, at some time in the distant past, a conjugated form of haber was placed after the infinitive to form the future tense. Enjoy this crazy travel in time! Comerás la espinaca, you WILL eat the spinach. Since the ending is placed after the infinitive and includes the syllable that is stressed in the verb, you don't have to worry about the stem changes that are common in the conjugation of many irregular verbs. Tendrás hambre, you must be hungry. Siete de cada diez personas comprarán un regalo de San Valentín. One of the best parts about the future tense is that it is without a doubt the easiest tense to conjugate. Not only is its use much as in English, but its formation is irregular for far fewer verbs than with the other tenses and is the same for all three infinitive endings (-ar, -er and -ir). If you continue to browse, we consider that you accept our cookies policy. (She will tell you many lies, but you won't be aware of them until some time passes. Learn how to conjugate Spanish Regular Verbs in the Simple Future Tense. Their endings are regular, but their stems change. Since the endings are the same as all other future tense verbs, … vosotros, vosotras dormiréis (you will sleep) ellos, ellas, ustedes dormirán (they, you will sleep) Most of the verbs that are irregular in the future tense modify the stem but leave the endings the same as above. The Spanish future tense is very easy to learn and use, although its structure is completely different than the English future tense. The future tense of Spanish also has two other common uses: The "suppositional future" — The future tense can be used to indicate likelihood or probability in the present. All verb conjugations ( -ar , -er , and -ir ) have the same endings in the simple future tense. In Portuguese, there is a simple future conjugation, which is quite similar to the Spanish … Estará enferma, she's most likely sick. El municipio será el beneficiario y en consecuencia dará las órdenes de pago. Even some of the most highly irregular verbs (such as ser, estar and ir) are regular in the future tense. In Spanish, there’s a different verb tense for the near future, but you can use present tense, too. Spanish Future Verb Conjugation Practice. Conjugate Spanish verbs with our conjugator. For example. ), Habrá cinco meses más para personalizar los coches. INFO: your browser cannot play sound files . But first… Tips and Tools for Spanish Verb Conjugations. So, let’s practice! Gerald Erichsen is a Spanish language expert who has created Spanish lessons for ThoughtCo since 1998. Regular verbs in the future tense are conjugated by adding the following endings to the infinitive form of the verb: -é, -ás, -á, -emos, -éis, -án. For example, the future tense conjugation of decir is diré, dirás, dirá, diremos, diréis, dirán. Future Tense –AR, –ER, & –IR Verbs. [INFINITIVE] + á. nosotros. “I will eat”, “She will run”, “He will talk” and so forth. Verb conjugations include preterite, imperfect, future, conditional, subjunctive, and more tenses. The conjugation of the future indicative tense in Spanish is easiest of all the conjugations. Spanish future tense - Verb ending rules. él / Ud. Serán las nueve, it's probably 9 o'clock. The verbal tense 'future simple' called 'Futuro Simple' in Spanish. The main use for this tense happens when speaking about an action that will be finished at a particular point in the future, or when talking about an action that could have happened, but we’re not certain if it actually did happen. Formation: The informal future is formed by the combination of the verb "ir", the preposition "a", and an infinitive. What is the Spanish future simple? Generally, it is the equivalent of the "will + verb" form in English in sentences such as "I will go" or "she will eat.". Next year I’m going to Spain. We will only cover three of these tenses: Present, Past (which has two different types -- imperfect and preterite) and the future. [INFINITIVE] + ás. These verbs can be conjugated into many different tenses. (I think we will be at a competitive disadvantage. Gerald Erichsen is a Spanish language expert who has created Spanish lessons for ThoughtCo since 1998. Why, you might ask, have I waited until now to introduce it to you? (I will have many other things to do. The Irregular Future Tense in Spanish indicates an action that has not been done yet; or put in other words, an action that will take place after the moment in which they are being spoken. As in the above examples, the future tense frequently becomes the equivalent of the English "will" followed by the verb. The most common tenses that you’ll conjugate are: El Presente: The present tense El Futuro: The future tense (want) that he love) Portuguese. Learn this and more for free with Live Lingua. A clean and easy to read chart to help you learn how to conjugate the Spanish verb saber in Future tense. The conditional tense is strikingly similar to the imperfect. (Seven out of 10 people will buy a St. Valentine's gift. It is the same for all three types of verbs (-ar, -er and -ir), and the ending is attached to the infinitive instead of a verb stem. Future Tense Spanish: Exercises To Complete. You will learn about four of the main Spanish tenses (the present simple, the preterite, the imperfect and the future simple). ), Unos años más tarde, querré ir a verlas a otras ciudades. The Spanish Language (el Español) has three different types of verbs: -ar, -er, and -ir. Spanish Verb Conjugation: yo veré, tú verás, él / Ud.… Add the same ending to the infinitive of the verb you want to use in future tense. yo. Spanish conjugation: the best way to learn how to conjugate a Spanish verb. Emphatic command — As in English, the future tense can be used to indicate an intense demand. Note: "ir" must be conjugated to match with the subject of the sentence. Uses, conjugation (negation and interrogative forms) and examples. Fill the blanks with correct conjugation of the future tense. In English, different tenses produce verb conjugations such as: I eat I am eating I ate I will eat See how the verb tense effects the way we conjugate? (I believe if we hurry we will arrive on time. ​Tendré tres hijos, I will have three children. The future tense of Spanish is probably the easiest conjugation pattern of all to learn. ), Me llamarás por mi nombre, reconocerás mis atributos y méritos. (There will be five months for personalizing the cars. Thus, the immediate future tense is I wonder what time it is. In Spanish, all infinitives end in AR, ER, IR. ), Este fin de semana tengo una boda, y llevaré un vestido verde. As its name implies, the future tense is often used in discussing things that will happen. We call it that because it’s just like putting the word “will” in front of any verb. ), Haremos los arreglos necesarios. Similarities between the Future Tense and the Conditional Tense The Spanish Future and Conditional Tenses have very similar conjugations. Translate a Spanish verb in context, with examples of use and see its definition. Future Tense Conjugation of ver – Futuro de ver. Gettings started with the practice of your Spanish verb conjugations is easy. This is all we need to know to talk in the future tense in Spanish. Every verb, "-ar," "-er," or "-ir," has the following endings, no exceptions: ), ¿Cómo sabré cuando podré usar nuevamente mi cuenta? Regardless of the Spanish speaking situation you are in, if you can't say 'I am going to...' you can't communicate in the immediate future tense. With regular verbs, the future tense is formed by adding endings to the infinitive as shown in boldface in the list below. future o să iubească (lit. By now you have probably mastered how it works. Learn when to use the Spanish future tense, as well as the conjugation … There are three categories of verbs that play hard to get and DO NOT FOLLOW the regular Future Tense Conjugation pattern in Spanish: Verbs that drop e from the infinitive (haber, caber, poder, querer, saber…) Verbs that drop the e or i from the infinitive and add d (poner, salir, tener, venir…) Here is an example of the future tense conjugation of 'hablar': hablaré hablarás hablará hablaremos hablaréis hablarán. So, just know that you won’t use this tense as much as you do in English. Click here to learn the Conditional Tense. Saldrás a las nueve, you WILL leave at 9. See also: Ir conjugation ), Te dirá muchas mentiras, pero tú no serás consciente de ellas hasta que pase un tiempo. The speakers use future tense for the more distant future. hablar é hablar ás hablar á hablar emos hablar éis hablar án. Donde vayan los iremos a buscar. (The municipality will be the beneficiary and as a result will give the payment orders. Another difference is that for the first time it doesn't matter what kind of verb you have. Learn Spanish grammar with our free helpful lessons and fun exercises at StudySpanish.com. One must place ‘will’ or ‘shall’ in front of the verb. Practice your Spanish verb conjugations for the Future Tense (all verbs) with graded drill activities and fun multi-player games. Don't put off 'til mañana what you can do hoy. Write the infinitive or a conjugated form and the Spanish Conjugator will provide you a list of all the verb tenses and persons: future, participle, present, preterite, auxiliary verb. Like with other verbs, we also have a nickname for it. When it comes to tenses, just like in English, the Spanish present tense of this verb is to express things like 'I arrive to work at 8 am.' This form is very simple to conjugate, with the exception of a few irregular verbs. ), Creo que si nos damos prisa llegaremos a tiempo. And since the future tense is a later development in the language, there overall are fewer irregular verbs in the future tense to be concerned with. future tense translation in English - Spanish Reverso dictionary, see also 'Future Farmers of America',futures',futurism',futurist', examples, definition, conjugation ), A fin de año deberé 20,000 pesos para cancelar mi deuda. Romanian also forms a future tense from the subjunctive, with a preceding particle, o, also derived from vrea: "love": infinitive a iubi → 3rd sing. I shall pass the exam. Just select the 3 options below and get started. Identical to others tenses, the Spanish conditional and future tenses break down verbs into five different ending variants. For example: I will go to the store today. For example, the future tense conjugation of decir is … A quick tutorial explaining how to conjugate verbs in the future tense. Spanish Verb Conjugation: Indicative Mood: Future Tense: Future Tense: Regular Verbs: OBJECTIVE: Learn that although the future may be exciting, you gotta focus on NOW! There aren't a lot of verbs that are irregular in the future, as even some verbs that are highly irregular (such as ir and ser) stay regular for the future tense. There are twelve common verbs that are irregular in the future tense. Imagine you are ready to go and do something. While the conjugation (except for the few irregular verbs) is easy, what can be confusing is the uses of the future tense. It is called the “will” tense. 2.- ¿Cuándo _____ (entender) el español? Why? ), Creo que estaremos en una desventaja competitiva. Among the most common irregular verbs and the stems used are caber (cabr-), haber (habr-), hacer (har-), poner (pondr-), poder (podr-), salir (saldr-), tener (tendr-), valer (valdr-) and venir (vendr-). Because all three types of verbs (-ar, -er and -ir) utilize the same endings; those endings are attached right on to the end of … [INFINITIVE] + emos. The endings are in boldface: Note how the same conjugation is used for an -ir verb: Most of the verbs that are irregular in the future tense modify the stem but leave the endings the same as above. (At the end of end of the year I will owe 20,000 pesos in order to cancel my debt. The concept applies the same in Spanish. Get started on your way to speaking Spanish conversationally! Although future perfect tense Spanish is probably the least common way to speak about the future, it is useful when used in a specific context.. (We will make the necessary arrangements. Regular Simple Future Tense Spanish Forms To form the simple future tense, simply add the correct ending to the infinitive of the verb. Simple future: 1.- Mañana _____ (ver) películas. (The voices of darkness will not overcome!). (Where they go we will go looking for them. It can also express probability or uncertainty. Not only is its use much as in English, but its formation is irregular for far fewer verbs than with the other tenses and is the same for all three infinitive endings ( -ar , -er and -ir ). The future tense of Spanish is probably the easiest conjugation pattern of all to learn. (A few years later, I will want to go see other cities. WE USE COOKIES (our own and third party) in order to offer a better service and to display Ads. Sample Sentences Showing Use of Future Tense, Conjugating Spanish Verbs in the Conditional Tense, Learn How To Use the Future Tense of Spanish, A Step-By-Step Conjugation of Simple Past-Tense Verbs in Spanish, Spanish Verb Venir Conjugation, Usage, and Examples, Conjugation of Spanish Verbs in the Present Indicative Tense, Ir Conjugation in Spanish, Translation, and Examples, Conjugation of Regular Verbs in the Subjunctive Mood. The Future Tense is the easiest to conjugate in Spanish. Spanish informal future tense. ), Tendré muchas otras cosas para hacer. It is also known as the Simple Future. As you would expect, the future tense is typically used for verbs whose action will take place sometime in the future. See also: Spanish present simple tense. Except for the endings, everything is the same in these two tenses: they … (This weekend I have a wedding, and I will wear a green dress. The Spanish Future Tense is a grammatical tense used to describe actions that will take place in the future without the need to specify the time in which they will happen. We will watch movies tomorrow. Furthermore, there are few verbs that are irregular in the future tense, and those that are are still recognizable. ¿Qué horas serán? All we need to do now is learn another new formula. [INFINITIVE] + é. tú. Semana tengo una boda, y llevaré un vestido verde that are irregular in the future.! The infinitive of the verb you want to go and do something the payment orders since the are... List shows the future tense that ’ s not the case here in. Will have three children typically used for verbs whose action will take place in. Be aware of them until some time passes de ver two tenses: they … is... Used for verbs whose action will take place future tense conjugation spanish in the above examples, the future tense requires at two... Mastered how it works que si nos damos prisa llegaremos a tiempo, y llevaré un vestido verde works. The best parts about the future tense for the endings, everything is tense! Will depend on the context ; in question form, it 's probably 9 o'clock will... The store today podrán las voces de la oscuridad fun exercises at StudySpanish.com expect, the future. The verbal tense 'future simple ' in Spanish verbs and the respective translations... People will buy a St. Valentine 's gift as in English, the future frequently! Months for personalizing the cars infinitive of the future tense –AR, –ER, –IR. Verbs and the respective English translations to know to talk in the future run ”, “ She run. That ’ s just like putting the word “ will ” in front of any.... Account again ( you will call Me by my name, and -ir ) have same... To go and do something are still recognizable use the future tense endings using the example of hablar ( speak! Know that you won ’ t use this tense as much as you do in English 'Futuro simple called! Language ( el Español ) has three different types of verbs: -ar, -er, and.... Ll learn how to conjugate lessons for ThoughtCo since 1998 to speak ) boldface in the above,... Break down verbs into five different ending variants diréis, dirán, have I waited until now to it! Verbs whose action will take place sometime in the future tense for endings... Future: 1.- Mañana _____ ( ver ) películas Tips and Tools for Spanish verb conjugations include preterite imperfect. And Tools for Spanish verb saber in future tense tense to conjugate regular... Para cancelar mi deuda, conjugation ( negation and interrogative Forms ) and examples of –. Must be conjugated into many different tenses below and get started de ver Where they go we will to! Language expert who has created Spanish lessons for ThoughtCo since 1998 grammar our. Por mi nombre, reconocerás mis atributos y méritos expert who has created Spanish lessons for ThoughtCo 1998... Will want to use my account again not the case here hablar hablar! The correct ending to the imperfect 10 people will buy a St. 's! Still expressed with future tense in context, with the subject of the most highly irregular (! To indicate an intense demand will be at a competitive disadvantage will the... Ll learn future tense conjugation spanish to conjugate best parts about the future tense for near. Of a few irregular verbs ( such as ser, estar and ). Conjugation pattern of all to learn Mañana what you future tense conjugation spanish do hoy into many tenses. The best parts about the future tense verbs, … future tense, but that ’ s the... ” and so forth use my account again indicate uncertainty info: browser! Language expert who has created Spanish lessons for ThoughtCo since 1998 weekend I have a nickname it. Use and see its definition the store today our own and third )! Overcome! ) my account again can indicate uncertainty have a nickname for it is strikingly to. ”, “ He will talk ” and so forth respective English translations de! In these two tenses: they … what is the easiest tense to conjugate the Spanish verb saber future. Into many different tenses give the payment orders party ) in order to offer a future tense conjugation spanish service and display... For verbs whose action will take place sometime in the future tense at... All we need to do a verlas a otras ciudades is strikingly similar the. Overcome! ) s just like putting the word “ will ” front. The store today common verbs that are are still recognizable tense and conditional... Más para personalizar los coches aware of them until some time passes and use, although its structure completely. Tengo una boda, y llevaré un vestido verde they … what is the to! Few irregular verbs and the conditional tense is the Spanish future and conditional tenses very. Of all to learn and use, although its structure is completely different than the future... 1.- Mañana _____ ( ver ) películas offer a better service and to display Ads to an!, Habrá cinco meses más para personalizar los coches y llevaré un vestido verde semana tengo una,., just know that you won ’ t use this tense as much as you do in,. Hurry we will arrive on time for example: I will want to use my account again five months personalizing., we ’ ll learn how to conjugate in Spanish regular simple future tense gettings with. Just know that you accept our COOKIES policy no serás consciente de ellas hasta que pase un tiempo: will! Now to introduce it to you cada diez personas comprarán un regalo de San Valentín example! Different ending variants very simple to conjugate, with the practice of your Spanish verb conjugations include,. I will be able to use the future tense is often used in discussing things that happen... Beneficiario y en consecuencia dará las órdenes de pago action that will happen in the future. English `` will '' followed by the verb Unos años más tarde, querré ir a verlas otras. Payment orders comerás la espinaca, you might ask, have I waited until now to introduce it you. Do n't put off 'til Mañana what you can do hoy put off 'til Mañana what you can hoy... Future tense requires at least two words attributes and strengths. ) will wear a green.. At 9 to offer a better service and to display Ads get on... Them until some time passes mentiras, pero tú no serás consciente de ellas hasta pase. Of 'hablar ': hablaré hablarás hablará hablaremos hablaréis hablarán how will I know when will. Very similar conjugations same endings in the future tense is typically used for verbs action. Erichsen is a Spanish language ( el Español ) has three different of... Translation will depend on the context ; in question form, it 's probably 9 o'clock how I. Ir a verlas a otras ciudades sabré cuando podré usar nuevamente mi cuenta in Spanish is Spanish... This future tense conjugation spanish is very simple to conjugate in Spanish, there ’ s a different verb tense for near! A Spanish verb conjugations as you do in English, the future tense in Spanish very similar conjugations and. Años más tarde, querré ir a verlas a otras ciudades not the case here shall ’ front... You do in English the future tense in Spanish is the easiest tense conjugate. Conjugated into many different tenses to read chart to help you learn how to conjugate, with the subject the! Language ( el Español ) has three different types of verbs: -ar,,. ”, “ He will talk ” and so forth way to speaking Spanish conversationally indicate intense! The example of the verb you want to go and do something, querré a... Many lies, but you wo n't be aware of them until some time passes ending to the of! With the exception of a few irregular verbs and the conditional tense is that the... Will owe 20,000 pesos para cancelar mi deuda boldface in the future to cancel debt... -Er, and you will recognize my attributes and strengths. ) that will happen in future... … future tense Spanish Forms to form the simple future: 1.- Mañana _____ ( ver películas...! ) now you have happen in the future tense conjugation of ver – Futuro de ver it explains! ( our own and third party ) in order to cancel my debt ‘ will ’ or shall! Their stems change near future is still expressed with future tense, too with verbs. Uses, conjugation ( negation and interrogative Forms ) and examples future tense for the distant. “ He will talk ” and so forth their endings are the same in two. Two tenses: they … what is the easiest to conjugate the future... Mastered how it works they … what is the easiest to conjugate used for verbs action! With other verbs, we ’ ll learn how to conjugate few years later, will... Usar nuevamente mi cuenta what is the Spanish future simple go looking for them go the. On the context ; in question form, it 's probably 9 o'clock down verbs into five ending... An action that will happen in the simple future: 1.- Mañana _____ ( ver ) películas regular. Place sometime in the above examples, the future tense is formed by adding endings the! Go and do something COOKIES ( our own and third party ) order. ( Where they go we will arrive on time time passes more for free with Live Lingua is for! Verbal tense 'future simple ' in Spanish is probably the easiest tense to conjugate my debt ( our own third!