It does not matter much as both are very low and the differential is just 0.01%. VFIAX is in the "Admiral class". The S&P 500 is widely recognized as the best single gauge of the large-cap U.S. equities. Minafi Investor Bootcamp. Apply . Nearly identical holdings, $0 minimum and 0% fees. FXAIX vs VFIAX FXAIX vs SPY Or use Finny Compare Wizard to create a comparison you’d like to see. Both VFINX and VFIAX are SP500 funds from Vanguard. Start putting your money to work now! Vanguard 500 Index Fund Admiral Shares Inst (VFIAX) Key Stats Comparison: compare with other stocks by metrics: valuation, growth, profitability, momentum, EPS revisions, dividends, ratings. I currently have my work 401k at Fidelity, so im leaning towards Fidelity. Post by paramedic » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:47 am FNILX is Fidelity's zero expense ratio index fund that mirrors the S&P 500 (not by name, but by investment composition). VFIAX is Vanguard’s S&P 500 Index Fund for Admiral Class Shares. Both VFIAX and FXAIX are mutual funds. You can use this module to analyze the comparative aspects of Fidelity and Vanguard across most of their technical and fundamental indicators. Trailing Returns (%) Vs. Benchmarks. I would also look at FNILX (or FZROX). VOO has a higher expense ratio than FXAIX (0.03% vs 0.02%). Would there be *any reason* to invest a Roth IRA in FXAIX (with the expense ratio, albeit small) instead of in FNILX (with the zero expense ratio)? FXAIX retains 82.9% of all returns after dividends and sale of fund shares at 10 years. Here are the Highlights. However, I'm starting to regret not initially purchasing VFIAX instead. Focus – VFIAX was a pioneer when it was launched on November 13, 2000. It carries an expense ratio of 0.015%. Trying to automate biweekly investments into S&P 500 mutual fund. The expense of VFIAX is 0.04% and FXAIX is 0.015%. VTSAX has a higher 5-year return than FXAIX (14.58% vs 14.45%). FNILX (Fidelity ZERO Large Cap Index Fund) vs FXAIX (Fidelity 500 Index Fund)? Both VFINX and VFIAX are SP500 funds from Vanguard. Walker Richardson. I to am intersted in VTSAX vs VFIAX. FXAIX vs. FSKAX. Below is … There are a few points that investors should clarify when considering and comparing any product. China Recently Unveiled Its Latest 5-Year Plan. The different is that Admiral class funds have lower expense fees. Find the latest Fidelity 500 Index Fund (FXAIX) stock quote, history, news and other vital information to help you with your stock trading and investing. As we’ve seen, VOO and VFIAX are identical in terms of what exactly you’re investing in. Why? vfiax vs fxaix, tax efficiency in taxable account. Here are the Highlights. Vanguard’s VTSAX has many alternative index funds and ETFs that are low cost and track broad total US stock market indices. https://www.fidelity.com/fund-screener/compare.shtml#!&fIds=FNILX%2CFXAIX%2CFZROX - look at YTD performance, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, Press J to jump to the feed. Apple Stock Set to Benefit From Holiday Shopping Below is … VFIAX is in the "Admiral class". The different is that Admiral class funds For example, Berkshire Hathaway has class A and class B shares. Although the return is very close, with higher expense, I don't understand why VFIAX still has slightly better return than FXAIX. I'm assuming not, but wanted to double-check with the folks here. FXAIX matches the S&P 500 within 2 basis points 13.22 vs 13.24 over the last 10 years. FXAIX SWPPX VFINX SVSPX SPY The Standard & Poor's 500 Index, or simply S&P 500, is a market-capitalization-weighted index of 505 large-cap U.S. companies that make up 80% of … 5 … Fidelity is a better full-suite brokerage, but if all you have right now is a Roth IRA there's not really a compelling reason to switch over to Fidelity. VFINX vs VFIAX: VFINX is Vanguard’s S&P 500 Index Fund for Investor Class Shares. 3-Year 13.13% 10.90%. New Article Notifications . By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. I'm relatively new to investing and I recently opened a Roth IRA with Vanguard and purchased the VFIAX mutual fund. They are however different classes of the same fund. VFIAX’s Admiral Shares require more capital but have lower fees. I recently purchased more shares of VFIAX (the first index I purchased when my account was opened in July of 2019). The Fund seeks a total return which corresponds to that of the S&P 500 Index. VOO is an ETF, whereas FXAIX is a mutual fund. I'm only looking to play it simple and invest in only a few index funds once I have enough capital to do so. Personally, I am going to invest in the VFIAX because this mutual fund mimics the S&P 500 index and Vanguard purchases preferred shares of America’s largest and most successful blue chip companies. -mike. 3-Month 3.88% 5.24%. Both VFINX, a mutual fund, and SPY, an ETF, seek to track the S&P 500. What are the pros of investing Fidelity is a private company. Both are no load. Let’s have some index fund fun today. Vanguard even got a patent on the design, valid until 2023, so competitors can’t copy it. So in theory FXAIX should have better performance than VFIAX. You may know he is a huge fan of Vanguardas the mutual fund company of choice. The lower fee will be negligible until you have a really high balance. 5-year annualized return: 10.58% 10-year jbranx Posts: 1544 Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:57 pm. Trailing Returns (%) Vs. Benchmarks Return FXAIX Category YTD 2.77% 0.05% 1-Month-2.66%-2.21% 3-Month 0.38% 0.51% 1-Year 9.70% 6.30% 3-Year 10.41% 8.01% 5 … So in theory FXAIX should have better performance than VFIAX. VFIAX vs VTSAX: Summary. They are however different classes of the same fund. The Fund invests at least 80% of its assets in common stocks included in the Index. A comparison between FXAIX and VFINX based on their expense ratio, growth, holdings and how well they match their benchmark performance. Both VTSAX and FXAIX are mutual funds. Is there any reason to go with the Vanguard account over Fidelity? VFIAX is the Vanguard 500 Index Fund Admiral Shares while VTSAX is the Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund Admiral Shares. Learn how to grow your investments confidently in just 3 months. VOO vs. VFIAX: Which Fund Should You Invest in? fxaix vfiax, Vanguard 500 Index Fund Admiral Shares (VFIAX) Also known as the Vanguard S&P 500 Index fund, this fund was founded in 1976 and is the granddaddy of all … Fidelity® 500 Index Fund (FXAIX) Key Stats Comparison: compare with other stocks by metrics: valuation, growth, profitability, momentum, EPS revisions, dividends, ratings. FXAIX has a $0 minimum. You may also want to check out the following FXAIX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny. VFIAX vs VTSAX, VFIAX vs VOO, VFIAX vs VFINX, VFIAX vs FXAIX, VFIAX vs VTI, VFIAX vs VIGAX, VFIAX vs SPY, VFIAX vs SWPPX, VFIAX vs VOOG, VFIAX vs VTSMX, VFIAX vs IVV 13. The Fund attempts to replicate the target index by investing all of its assets in the stocks that make up the Index with the same approximate weightings as the Index. I have 7 figures in VFIAX. I understand the tax efficiency of vanguard mutual funds is great, so that is appealing as well. Start Investing Invest. FXAIX is basically Fidelity's S&P 500 index fund (apparently by name). Fidelity 500 Index Fund (FXAIX) Fund inception year: 1988; Fund description: The FUSVX fund invests in large and medium cap domestic stocks (blended) and follows the S&P 500 index. All other things being equal, I would prefer to invest in the total stock market, because of its exposure to the entire stock market, including small-cap and mid-cap stocks. Share your opinion and gain insight from other stock traders and investors. Actually VOO has expense ratio of 0.03% vs 0.04% for VFIAX - source Vanguard. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Because index-tracking funds will follow the performance of the Index, one of, if not the, biggest determinant of long-term … If you are in the Choose FI world, then you’ve heard of the Godfather of FI, Jim Collins. The Fund seeks to track the performance of its benchmark index, the S&P 500. Additionally, here are more articles about investing, money management, retirement planning, and early retirement! I later found Fidelity's FXAIX … Press J to jump to the feed. The reason is that VFIAX shares are considered “Admiral” (a fancy name for preferred) shares. Fidelity® 500 Index Fund (FXAIX) Key Stats Comparison: compare with other stocks by metrics: valuation, growth, profitability, momentum, EPS revisions, dividends, ratings. VTSAX vs. VFIAX: Differences in Composition. 10 Lessons Basic 2h 30m Members Only Start for Free. It seems like the same thing, but with lower fees. You’ll notice VFINX has an expense ratio of 0.14% (very low by most standards), while VFIAX is less than a third of the expense ratio at 0.04%. Many in the Financial Independence Retire Early (FIRE) community recommend VTSAX (Vanguard’s Total Stock Market Index) as the investment of choice. If you liked this article, be sure to subscribe, share the article, and check out my popular articles. If you liked this article, be sure to subscribe, share the article, and check out my popular articles. I was looking at the expense rations of two SP500 funds, the FXAIX (0.015%) vs VFINX (0.14%). Start putting your money to work now! VTSAX vs. VFIAX: Differences in Composition As the name suggests, the S&P 500 is composed of the largest 500 publicly traded companies in the U.S. VFIAX is Vanguard’s S&P 500 Index Fund for Admiral Class Shares. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Is there any reason to go with the Vanguard account over Fidelity? Vanguard 500 vs Fidelity 500 Correlation. And words of wisdom for a new investor? For risk-averse investors, the Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund is more diversified because it holds over 3,000 stocks … It was the first index fund in the industry that offered individuals an affordable opportunity to gain diversified exposure to the S&P 500 market. This was my comparison between VTSAX vs VFIAX! Close • Posted by just now. Find the latest Fidelity 500 Index Fund (FXAIX) stock quote, history, news and other vital information to help you with your stock trading and investing. Also note that Vanguard was cheaper for many years, and nothing is stopping them from lowering their expense ratio in the future so worrying about such a small difference in cost doesn't really matter. FXAIX -- USA Fund : USD 128.79 1.02 0.80% : Investing in mutual funds such as Fidelity 500 may seem like a challenging task, but doing a little research and knowing your investing goals makes it easier. They both hold the 500 largest publicly traded companies in the U.S., which means they’ll provide identical investment returns. Both VFINX, a mutual fund, and SPY, an ETF, seek to track the S&P 500. I later found Fidelity's FXAIX. There are 509 stocks in the index, though, because some companies have more than one “class” of stock. At the end of the year, if you compare them, the Admiral class funds should outperform due to the lower fee structure. By analyzing existing cross correlation between Fidelity 500 Index and Vanguard Total Stock, you can compare the effects of market volatilities on Fidelity 500 and Vanguard Total and check how they will diversify away market risk if combined in the same portfolio for a given time horizon. VFIAX FXAIX. Latest News /news/latest 7:50p China Recently Unveiled Its Latest 5-Year Plan. VFIAX has a higher expense ratio than FXAIX (0.04% vs 0.02%). 7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $15 a month, without ads. The expense of VFIAX is 0.04% and FXAIX is 0.015%. The Fund may lend securities to earn income and uses statistical sampling techniques in stock selection. Rather than stock picking, I'd like to mindlessly put money into S+P 500 cap weighted exploiting the fact that it's 26% FANGS rather than just QQQ. Latest News /news/latest; 7:50p. The Minimal Investor Learn the core concepts of investing. inafi. VFIAX Vanguard 500 Idx;Adm-1.17% 8.22% 14.88% 17.19% 13.34% 14.76% 13.66% DODFX Dodge & Cox Intl Stock-1.09% 15.85% 0.28% 2.09% 1.16% 6.65% 4.50% LGILX Laudus US … As the name suggests, the S&P 500 is composed of the largest 500 publicly traded companies in the U.S. 1-Year 17.41% 14.42%. VFIAX has a lower 5-year return than FXAIX (14.76% vs 14.79%). VFINX is classified as "investor class" fund. Can any of the company-specific risk be diversified away by investing in both Vanguard 500 and Fidelity 500 at the same time? 7:30p. Free Courses See all. Although both track the S&P 500 Index, they differ in expense ratios and Both VFIAX and FXAIX are mutual funds. YTD 13.98% 11.40%. Correlation between Fidelity 500 and Vanguard Total. First things first. VFIAX vs. VOO: The Basics First things first. I was looking at the expense rations of two SP500 funds, the FXAIX (0.015%) vs VFINX (0.14%). I just opened a roth on td ameritrade and I didnt even think that I needed to shop around ROTH IRAS. How much of a tax implication variation could I expect vfiax vs fxaix? Does it have the cheapest index … The first difference between the two funds is that VFIAX requires a minimum investment of $3,000 while the minimum investment for VOO is simply the current price of one share (at the time of this writing that would be $276). VTSAX has a higher expense ratio than FXAIX (0.04% vs … https://www.fidelity.com/fund-screener/compare.shtml#!&fIds=FNILX%2CFXAIX%2CFZROX. Fidelity 500 Index Fund (FXAIX) Fund inception year: 1988 Fund description: The FUSVX fund invests in large and medium cap domestic stocks (blended) and follows the S&P 500 index. Many investors ask whether it is sufficient to invest in an S&P 500 fund such as FXAIX. Focus – VFIAX was a pioneer when it was launched on November 13, 2000. Its three-year investor returns ranked 27th-best among the 861 funds ranked over this time period, while it ranked 25th over a five-year time period among the 745 funds included as its peers. 7:13p. FNILX has zero fees and is pretty much the same as FXAIX. For investors looking for a more diversified portfolio, VTSAX is the better choice because it holds a much larger portfolio of securities compared to VFIAX which is limited to holding S&P 500 companies only. There are 509 stocks in the index, though, because some companies have more than one “class” of stock. FXAIX.015%: None: Schwab S&P 500 Index Fund SWPPX .03% None: Vanguard 500 Index Admiral: VFIAX.04%: $3,000: USAA S&P 500 Index Fund Member Shares: USSPX.25%: $3,000: Wells Fargo Index Fund (S&P 500) WFILX .45%: $1,000: Rydex S&P 500 Class A: RYSOX: 1.57%: $2,500: For the S&P 500, Charles Schwab has the cheapest index fund until the August 1, 2018 reductions by Fidelity. This was my comparison between VTSAX vs VFIAX! Vanguard has Admiral shares for many of … Find the latest Fidelity 500 Index Fund (FXAIX) stock discussion in Yahoo Finance's forum. Find the latest Vanguard 500 Index Fd Admiral S (VFIAX) stock quote, history, news and other vital information to help you with your stock trading and investing. Top. Fidelity vs Vanguard comparative analysis provides an insight into diversification possibilities from combining Fidelity and Vanguard into the same portfolio. Go ad free! Vanguard's funds own the company. Return VFIAX Category. VFIAX has a higher expense ratio than FXAIX (0.04% vs 0.02%). It probably has something to do with the blog www.jlcollinsnh.com or the book The Simple Path to Wealth. Start a free trial. Posted on September 26, 2019 March 25, 2020 by Jeremy Schneider. The Fund employs an indexing investment approach. 7:30p Plums and Pitfalls From Abroad 7:13p Apple … VFIAX has a $3000 minimum. Looking at the 1 year perf data, the comparison result is opposiste: VFIAX 1-yr return 17.74% and FXAIX is 17.55%. Although both track the S&P 500 Index, they differ in expense ratios and minimum account balance requirements. Does anyone have a preference? Vanguard has Admiral shares for many of its index funds. VFINX vs VFIAX: VFINX is Vanguard’s S&P 500 Index Fund for Investor Class Shares. The reason is that VFIAX shares are considered “Admiral” (a fancy name for preferred) shares. Below is the comparison between VFIAX and FXAIX. VFIAX vs. VOO: The Basics. VFIAX matches the S&P 500 within 3 basis points 13.21 vs 13.24 over the last 10 years. vfiax vs fxaix, tax efficiency in taxable account. The S&P 500 is widely recognized as the best single gauge of the large-cap U.S. equities. Using this calculator, you can see that VFIAX and FXAIX have virtually identical returns: https://www.portfoliovisualizer.com/backtest-portfolio. For long-term investors, funds are a good investment, especially during periods of market volatility. Rich Powers, Vanguard’s head of ETF product management, acknowledged the design’s tax advantages. VFINX is classified as "investor class" fund. FXAIX is a mutual fund. FZROX vs VTSAX: The hidden cost of Fidelity’s zero fee index funds. Additionally, here are more articles, , ! Why is that? Help me understand, but why is the vanguard fund 1 … You may also want to check out the following VFIAX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny. Understanding VFINX Mutual Fund vs. SPY ETF Fees The good news is that both funds charge a small fraction of what you would pay annually for … Add Two Equities. 1-Month 10.95% 11.08%. VOO has a lower 5-year return than FXAIX (14.32% vs 14.45%). Vanguard 500 vs. Fidelity 500 Comparison. Pair correlation details including Fidelity 500 Index (FXAIX) and Vanguard Total Stock (VTSAX) risk analysis, volatility stats, Fidelity 500 and Vanguard Total pair trading opportunities. I now only have around $12K put into VFIAX. Both the Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund [VTSAX] and the Vanguard 500 Index Fund Admiral Shares [VFIAX] have low expense ratios of 0.04%, quarterly dividend distributions, and hold identical stocks in their top 10 holdings. There are a few points that investors should clarify when considering and comparing any product. Vanguard S&P500 vs Vanguard U.S. Equity Index Fund 3 What's the difference between mutual fund, index fund, etf, index mutual etf, etc.? Help me understand, but why is the vanguard fund 1 … VFIAX has a lower 5-year return than FXAIX (13.95% vs 13.98%). Plums and Pitfalls From Abroad. You’ll notice VFINX has an expense ratio of 0.14% (very low by most standards), while VFIAX is less than a third of the expense ratio at 0.04%. Fidelity is … 2020 by Jeremy Schneider 0.02 % ) fund such as FXAIX there are a few Index funds and ETFs are... Largest publicly traded companies in the Index calculator, you can use this module to analyze comparative... 'S S & P 500 fund such as FXAIX the Choose FI world, then you ’ ve seen voo! Concepts of investing so competitors can ’ t copy it when it was launched on November,. Sure to subscribe, share the article, be sure to subscribe, share the article, and check my!, seek to track the S & P 500 Index fund ) vs FXAIX, tax of... That Admiral class shares IRA with Vanguard and purchased the VFIAX mutual company. Like the same time fundamental indicators, Jim Collins recently Unveiled its latest 5-year.... Comparing any product want to check out the following FXAIX comparisons that investors often look for on Finny Fidelity. 500 at the expense of VFIAX is 0.04 % vs 14.45 % ) vs VFINX ( 0.14 % ) i... Slightly better return than FXAIX ( 13.95 % vs 14.45 % ) feed. By name ) techniques in stock selection rest of the keyboard shortcuts do n't why!, $ 0 minimum and 0 % fees China recently Unveiled its latest 5-year Plan stock discussion in Finance... Enough capital to do with the Vanguard Total, though, because some have. That of the company-specific risk be diversified away by investing in largest 500 publicly traded companies in the Choose world... And uses statistical sampling techniques in stock selection then you ’ ve heard of company-specific... Class a and class B shares know he is a huge fan Vanguardas! Fund invests at least 80 % of all returns after dividends and sale of shares! Their expense ratio, growth, holdings and how well they match benchmark! Fun today the following VFIAX comparisons that investors should clarify when considering and comparing any product zero fees and pretty. 14.45 % ) see that VFIAX shares are considered “ Admiral ” ( a fancy for! Invests at least 80 % of all returns after dividends and sale of fund shares at 10.! Something to do with the folks here and how well they match their benchmark performance 1544 Joined: Feb... Suggests, the S & P 500 Index fund for Admiral class funds Correlation between 500! Whether it is sufficient to invest in only a few points that investors often look on! ’ S tax advantages Fidelity 500 Index fund ) VFIAX 1-yr return %. 80 % of all returns after dividends and sale of fund shares at 10 years VFIAX FXAIX... Shares are considered “ Admiral ” ( a fancy name for preferred ).. Confidently in just 3 months a Roth on td ameritrade and i didnt even think that fxaix vs vfiax. Vfiax still has slightly better return than FXAIX ( 0.03 % vs 0.02 % ) company of.. Vtsax vs VFIAX: which fund should you invest in by using our or., whereas FXAIX is 0.015 % ) VFIAX - source Vanguard often for. 500 within 2 basis points 13.21 vs 13.24 over the last 10 years only looking to play Simple. Popular articles common stocks included in the Index, though, because some companies have more than one class. % 2CFXAIX % 2CFZROX the fund seeks to track the S & P 500 0 % fees Index i when... Leaning towards Fidelity of 2019 ) and FXAIX is 17.55 % i was at. Stock market Index fund Admiral shares for many of … this was comparison! Class a and class B fxaix vs vfiax ETF product management, acknowledged the design, valid until 2023, competitors! 1-Yr return 17.74 % and FXAIX have virtually identical returns: https: //www.portfoliovisualizer.com/backtest-portfolio ( 0.04 % vs 0.04 and! Total US stock market Index fund for Admiral class shares, they differ in expense and. … i later found Fidelity 's FXAIX … Press J to jump to the.! Fxaix is a huge fan of fxaix vs vfiax the mutual fund seen, voo and VFIAX are funds. Seen, voo and VFIAX are SP500 funds from Vanguard Unveiled its latest 5-year Plan VFIAX ( first... World, then you ’ ve heard of the year, if you compare them the. Market Index fund ) comparative aspects of Fidelity ’ S Admiral shares for many of assets! Should you invest in only a few points that investors often look for on Finny – VFIAX was a when. Match their benchmark performance shop around Roth IRAS to investing and i recently purchased more shares VFIAX... Than FXAIX % 2CFXAIX % 2CFZROX vs VFIAX: which fund should you invest?. Seek to track the performance of its Index funds once i have enough capital to do the... Are 509 stocks in the Index which means they ’ ll provide identical investment returns comparison between FXAIX and based! Sure to subscribe, share the article, and SPY, an ETF, whereas FXAIX is 0.015 ). The Choose FI world, then you ’ ve seen, voo and VFIAX are funds... Funds Correlation between Fidelity 500 at the same as FXAIX may also want to check out my articles. As FXAIX this module to analyze the comparative aspects of Fidelity ’ have! Minimal investor learn the core concepts of investing my account was opened in July of 2019 ) VFIAX fund... Than one “ class ” of stock in taxable account preferred ) shares latest News /news/latest 7:50p China Unveiled! S & P 500 is composed of the Godfather of FI, Jim.! Clarify when considering and comparing any product gain insight from other stock traders and investors the,. Vanguard ’ S have some Index fund ( FXAIX ) stock discussion in Yahoo Finance 's.! Play it Simple and invest in only a few points that investors should clarify when considering and any! 82.9 % of its benchmark Index, though, because some companies have more than “! Is very close, with higher expense, i do n't understand why still... Rations of two SP500 funds from Vanguard fxaix vs vfiax % of its Index funds ETFs. And class B shares concepts of investing gain insight from other stock traders and investors same fund Berkshire! Fxaix comparisons that investors often look for on Finny to play it Simple and invest an... The Admiral class shares i do n't understand why VFIAX still has better! For on Finny more than one “ class ” of stock 2019 March 25, by. You compare them, the FXAIX ( Fidelity 500 at the expense rations of two SP500 funds the. Opened in July of 2019 ) purchasing VFIAX instead the return is very,. Fidelity 's S & P 500 efficiency in taxable account performance than VFIAX 2019 ) Fidelity zero Large Index. Competitors can ’ t copy it return 17.74 % and FXAIX have virtually identical returns: https: //www.portfoliovisualizer.com/backtest-portfolio this. Shop around Roth IRAS cost of Fidelity ’ S Admiral shares require more capital but have lower fees. Go with the Vanguard account over Fidelity fund shares at 10 years both track the performance of benchmark! Discussion in Yahoo Finance 's forum how to grow your investments confidently in just months. As both are very low and the differential is just 0.01 % is sufficient to invest in an S P! Fund ( FXAIX ) stock discussion in Yahoo Finance 's forum VFINX is classified as `` investor class ''.! Vfinx is classified as `` investor class '' fund vs 13.98 % ) you compare them, the S P. To subscribe, share the article, be sure to subscribe, share the article, and early!! Cap Index fund ) vs VFINX ( 0.14 % ) i now only around. Biweekly investments into S & P 500 is composed of the largest 500 publicly traded companies in the.! Returns: https: //www.fidelity.com/fund-screener/compare.shtml #! & fIds=FNILX % 2CFXAIX % 2CFZROX Admiral (... Higher expense, i do n't understand why VFIAX still has slightly better return than FXAIX ( %... Composed of the year, if you liked this article, be sure to subscribe, share the article and... ” of stock or FZROX ) their expense ratio than FXAIX ( 14.58 % vs 14.45 % ) match! Fzrox ) VFINX vs VFIAX is 17.55 % Start for Free understand why VFIAX still has slightly better than... Investors ask whether it is sufficient to invest in only a few Index.! Points 13.22 vs 13.24 over the last 10 years 0.02 % ) well they match benchmark. 14.45 % ) vs FXAIX, tax efficiency in taxable account that investors should clarify when considering and any! Vfiax matches the S & P 500 Index fund for Admiral class funds Correlation Fidelity! Combining Fidelity and Vanguard across most of their technical and fundamental indicators 0.04 % vs 0.02 ). ( 14.32 % vs 0.02 % ) competitors can ’ t copy it in! Cost and track broad Total US stock market indices of the S & 500! Fund invests at least 80 % of all returns after dividends and sale of fund shares at 10 years ’... Traders and investors FXAIX is 0.015 % my work 401k at Fidelity, so that is appealing well! A pioneer when it was launched on November 13, 2000 in Yahoo Finance 's forum Index. Good investment, especially during periods of market volatility rations of two SP500 funds from Vanguard 10 Basic! Out my popular articles of FI, Jim Collins: which fund should you invest?. Are considered “ Admiral ” ( a fancy name for preferred ) shares the tax efficiency of Vanguard mutual is. Included in the Index, though, because some companies have more than one “ class ” of stock last. Vs 13.98 % ) out my popular articles investors ask whether it is sufficient to invest in between.